Bring4th

Full Version: The Great Balm of Acceptance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
the world does not need to be 'fixed'.

other people do not need to be 'fixed'.

everyone is here, playing out their chosen confusions, as an act of free will.

every life was a hypothesis chosen before incarnation; and here we are living out the chosen hypothesis.

we have the ultimate choice in how we choose to respond to our experience, and the greatest tool available to us is that of Acceptance.

this is not passivity, or tacit consent ... acceptance is an active, encouraging, and loving attitude to all that which is attracted to us. It is the welcoming hand of one equal to another.

with acceptance comes integration and wholeness. The separation (which only existed in perception, never in fundamental reality) is healed.

and so the resistance is lowered, and life flows more effortlessly through us.

we have the choice (the only real choice that is available to us) in how we meet and greet the world.

with the choice of Acceptance, comes a deep Harmony. With the choice of Acceptance comes a deep radiance.

- -

and at the highest levels of acceptance, comes a state not too dissimilar to this:

[Image: bOXAAvU.jpg]

peace and namaste fellow seekers,

plenum
How would you describe a loving attitude?
(08-01-2013, 02:34 PM)rie Wrote: [ -> ]How would you describe a loving attitude?

I would guess one that has implicit understanding of the other ... and a true acknowledgement that where the 'other' has been, one has been there as well ... if not in this lifetime, then definitely in another.

love, past a certain level, acknowledges the unity of all things, and so it bridges any perceived separation.

I think there is yellow ray love which is specific, and then there is green ray love which is universal.

- -

buddhism has a practice called 'metta' in which one practices 'loving kindness' in progressively larger circles. By circles, I mean that it starts with the self, and then becomes more general:

it is directed towards oneself, at first, then

a good friend then
a "neutral" person then
a difficult person then
all four of the above equally
and then gradually the entire universe

and through this practice you will meet and see the resistances to being able to direct loving kindness towards those conceptual circles.

a 'loving' attitude can definitely be shown in many ways. Taking an appropriate amount of time and attention to someone's concerns is definitely a giveaway Smile

plenum
(08-01-2013, 02:34 PM)rie Wrote: [ -> ]How would you describe a loving attitude?

Every attitude is loving in its own way for all inevitably unites all.
[Image: original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1]
Omg that's so WRONG! lol

Melissa

To me a loving attitude is not accepting all kinds of behavior without expressing how you feel about it first. I'm pretty sure the Buddha could be an a****** at times but they're never portayed that way, which is odd.

Unbound

Bluuuueee raaayyyy poowwweerrrr!

Double Sun Power!

"Blue ray power cant make someone see everything you think and feel at all times".... *This one does*
[Image: 74w4gWd.jpg]
indeed. there is a great joy in 'knowing' BigSmile