Bring4th

Full Version: 2011.03.12 I Surrender!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
this is a beautiful recitative on the nature of Surrender. The whole session is here http://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/is..._0312.aspx

Carla initiated the channeling, it was then handed off to the person known as 'S', then 'L1' took over, then 'L2'. Jim also channeled a bit.

I quote the contribution from L2:

- -

(L2 channeling)

We are those of Q’uo, and are with this instrument. We give this instrument the image of the little green guru. Try? There is no try. There is do or do not. The more you try to surrender, the less you are surrendering. It is a futile exercise in self abuse.

Surrender may come first in the head but its work is not done in the mind. No amount of logic and reasoning will yield surrender. Surrender is not a part of the personal identity of the seeker. Surrender comes when one releases that personal identity. Surrender exists in stillness. Surrender exists in entering into the silence.

This stillness and silence exists at every moment. It exists in the midst of chaos, when there is a tumult around you, when there is confusion, when there is a frenzy of panic, when there are people rushing about you, things to be done, people who want, those who are vying for your attention. Amid frenzy and noise the silence and the stillness do not go anywhere. You may enter the silence and the stillness in the midst of any moment, any action, any time. The surrender is patient. It will be there for you when you no longer need to identify with anything other than what you are at this very moment.

You are your own guru. In ancient practices, most notably those with which we are familiar, coming from the East, it is the traditional practice of the student to surrender to a guru, a teacher. The student holds back nothing, but trusts in the wisdom of one who has gone before, and lays itself down and gives itself away to the teaching of a master.

My friends, in your current time, the age of laying yourself down to another is past. You are your own guru. Relinquish yourself as student to yourself and trust in yourself to be the teacher you need to be for every lesson and experience is laid out before you. Surrender to those teachings.

- -

"You are your own guru"!!!

peace

Melissa

Ha! That's funny! I've often thought; well, if I'd ever set up a workshop-kinda-thing the title/theme would be: 'you are your own guru'. lol