Bring4th

Full Version: Musical Metaphors in Ra
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
music is something that speaks to everybody. It is like food; you will rarely meet an individual that dislikes food; everyone likes to eat, it is very satisfying and nourishing. The only difference lies in what food one chooses to like or partake of.

and so it is with music. Music speaks to the movement, the organisation, and the patterns of sound and the mind. It 'synchronises' us; aligns consciousness.

this is what Plato had to say on it:

"“Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.”
― Plato

music, like water, is a useful metaphor to use for many things. Ra offers a few examples throughout the sessions:

- -

man is not a machine, it is tone poem!!

Quote:54.8 Ra: I am Ra. This statement, though correct, bears great potential for being misunderstood.

The precision with which each energy center matches the Original Thought lies not in the systematic placement of each energy nexus but rather in the fluid and plastic placement of the balanced blending of these energy centers in such a way that intelligent energy is able to channel itself with minimal distortion.

The mind/body/spirit complex is not a machine. It is rather what you might call a tone poem.

Jean Sibelius - Finlandia

and speaking to the same point here on the nature of a balanced individual:

Quote:54.16 Questioner: Let me make an analogy that I have just thought of. A seven-stringed musical instrument may be played by deflecting each string [a] full deflection and releasing it and getting a note. Or, once the strings are capable of being deflected through their full deflection (producing a note), instead of producing the notes this way taking the individual creative personality and deflecting each the proper amount in proper sequence to produce the music. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This is correct. In the balanced individual the energies lie waiting for the hand of the Creator to pluck harmony.

an entity being a 'musical instrument' by which the Creator may serve the Creation.

/ /

and here Ra speaks of the nature of the unconscious ... and how it is a place of 'concepts' rather than words ... these concepts being that of 'symbol', much like dream imagery.

and perhaps the term 'unconscious' is somewhat misleading ... I much prefer to use the term 'deep mind' in my own thinkings.

but as an example of a concept that connot be totally (and accurately conveyed in words), Ra gives an example of the theme from Beethoven's 5th Symphony. da-da-da-daaa. da-da-da-duum.

Quote:86.6 The nature of the unconscious is of the nature of concept rather than word. Consequently, before the veiling the use of the deeper mind was that of the use of unspoken concept. You may consider the emotive and connotative aspects of a melody.

One could call out, in some stylized fashion, the terms for the notes of the melody. One could say, “a quarter note A, a quarter note A, a quarter note A, whole note F.” This bears little resemblance to the beginning of the melody of one of your composers’ most influential melodies, that known to you as a symbol of victory.

This is the nature of the deeper mind. There are only stylized methods with which to discuss its functions. Thusly our descriptions of this portion of the mind, as well as the same portions of body and spirit, were given terms such as “far-seeing,” indicating that the nature of penetration of the veiled portion of the mind may be likened unto the journey too rich and exotic to contemplate adequate describing thereof.

- -

and so who doesn't like music? we all listen to it; some of us play it; and some of us make it.

- -

one should also make CAREFUL NOTE of the magical effects of music. Carla, in her devotion to the Christ, opened herself up to psychic greeting and manipulation by over-identifying with the role of the martyr. This over-resonance with concept (or subconscious invoking of a potential to be desired) makes the potential more possible; and for one wishing to push the buttons, the button has been exposed to push.

so what does your music say to you? what do you identify in your music? there you may see yourself and your unconscious wishes.

peace

Quote:74.15 When the entity Jehoshua decided to return to the location called Jerusalem for the holy days of its people it turned from work mixing love and wisdom and embraced martyrdom which is the work of love without wisdom.

The “Hosanna,” as it is termed, and the following “Benedictus,” is that which is the written summation of what was shouted as Jehoshua came into the place of its martyrdom. The general acceptance of this shout, “Hosanna to the son of David! Hosanna in the highest! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!” by that which is called the church has been a misstatement of occurrence which has been, perhaps, unfortunate for it is more distorted than much of the so-called Mass.

There were two factions present to greet Jehoshua, firstly, a small group of those which hoped for an earthly king. However, Jehoshua rode upon an ass stating by its very demeanor that it was no earthly king and wished no fight with Roman or Sadducee.

The greater number were those which had been instructed by rabbi and elder to make jest of this entity, for those of the hierarchy feared this entity who seemed to be one of them, giving respect to their laws and then, in their eyes, betraying those time-honored laws and taking the people with it.

The chink for this instrument is this subtle situation which echoes down through your space/time and, more than this, the place the “Hosanna” holds as the harbinger of that turning to martyrdom. We may speak only generally here. The instrument did not experience the full force of the greeting which it correctly identified during the “Hosanna” due to the intense concentration necessary to vibrate its portion of that composition. However, the “Benedictus” in this particular rendition of these words is vibrated by one entity. Thus the instrument relaxed its concentration and was immediately open to the fuller greeting.

Quote:75.17 This entity has an intense devotion to the teachings and example of the one it calls Jesus. This entity then vibrates in song a most demanding version, called The Mass in B Minor by Bach, of this exemplary votive complex of sound vibrations. The entity is consciously identifying with each part of this Mass. Only thusly was the chink made available.

As you can see, it is not an ordinary occurrence and would not have happened had any ingredient been left out: exhaustion, bias in belief complexes, attention from an Orion entity, and the metaphysical nature of that particular set of words.
Also this one:

Quote:89.19 Questioner: In that case, I’ll ask you… You stated that Ra used the tarot to develop the magical personality. Was this done by the system of learning to become, in mind, the essence of each archetype and in this way develop the magical personality?

Ra: I am Ra. This is incorrect. The clothing one’s self within the archetype is an advanced practice of the adept which has long studied this archetypical system. The concept complexes which together are intended to represent the architecture of a significant and rich portion of the mind are intended to be studied as individual concept complexes; as Matrix, Potentiator, etc. in viewing mind/body/spirit connections; and in pairs with some concentration upon the polarity of the male and the female. If these are studied there comes the moment when the deep threnodies and joyful ditties of the deep mind can successfully be brought forward to intensify, articulate, and heighten some aspect of the magical personality.
Music has always been an important part of my seeking, it is a very powerful and primal sort of language that speaks directly to the emotions, in a way bypassing the more rational and linguistic based parts of the consciousness. Like other forms of art music opens us up to aspects of our multidimensional nature, allowing us to briefly transcend the here and now and alter our perceptions, and also allowing different people to get different things out of the same piece of music. It can be very healing too, if you are in a bad mood put on a song you find uplifting and sing a long to it, see if the bad mood sticks around Tongue

Ra's language is rife with musical terms, with talk of vibration, tonalities, frequencies, distortions, instruments, etc. I also find it telling the the imagery for the Great Way of the Spirit archetype in the tarot deck used by the L/L crew prominently features a stringed instrument, which makes me think of string theory . . . which I know nothing about so I kind of hit a brick wall there lol. Something about all matter in the universe being the product of the vibration of multidimensional strings.
Just a neat little related note, there was a presenter at last year's Homecoming that gave a presentation on music in the Law of One. One of the neatest things he pointed out was how the third note in a scale determines the "quality" (major, minor) of a chord and gives the chord its overall sound. This importance on the third note of a scale is reflected in the importance of the third density in our octave, where the choice we make here determines the "quality" of our path back to the Creator.
(08-05-2013, 04:32 PM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: [ -> ]Just a neat little related note, there was a presenter at last year's Homecoming that gave a presentation on music in the Law of One. One of the neatest things he pointed out was how the third note in a scale determines the "quality" (major, minor) of a chord and gives the chord its overall sound. This importance on the third note of a scale is reflected in the importance of the third density in our octave, where the choice we make here determines the "quality" of our path back to the Creator.

I took this as much more granular and fine than sts vs sto. The quality of our choosing can determine the quality of our experiencing in other densities. This was quite meaningful, and tells me to get the most out of my life. The choices I make do indeed impact my future. And it's a future that I will be in a for a long time. Millions of years. And actually 7D is timeless, so time has no bearing there. I want the quality of my life to reflect my choices here well.
(08-05-2013, 04:32 PM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: [ -> ]Just a neat little related note, there was a presenter at last year's Homecoming that gave a presentation on music in the Law of One. One of the neatest things he pointed out was how the third note in a scale determines the "quality" (major, minor) of a chord and gives the chord its overall sound. This importance on the third note of a scale is reflected in the importance of the third density in our octave, where the choice we make here determines the "quality" of our path back to the Creator.

I love finding out about little synchronises like that.

Music has been vital for me, the amount of dark nights it lightened or darkened even more (in a good catalyst learningway) has been so beneficial. I love thinking of music as a blank canvas board for the mind, how you interpret and feel about the song can give you great insight into self.

Playing music then opens up a whole realm of new possibilities for insight and learning. Being probably the most popular way of expression and entertainment now and in the past I would have to say music is quite a gift.
just as a minor aside, I felt compelled to compose this piece of music shortly after writing the original post in this thread Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dg5n4Qu5bk8
(08-05-2013, 07:08 PM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]just as a minor aside, I felt compelled to compose this piece of music shortly after writing the original post in this thread Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dg5n4Qu5bk8

That's beautiful Plenum. Tells me more about you then the words I see you type imo.
There is also the analogy of the densities, and music:

"16.51 Questioner: Could you define the word density as we have been using it to give us a little greater idea of the concept of this term when used by you?

Ra: I am Ra. The term density is a, what you would call, mathematical one. The closest analogy is that of music, whereby after seven notes on your western type of scale, if you will, the eighth note begins a new octave. Within your great octave of existence which we share with you, there are seven octaves or densities. Within each density there are seven sub-densities. Within each sub-density, seven sub-sub-densities, and so on infinitely."
np Sagt BigSmile

and when we get the Arts Forum up and running, I wanna hear you drumming!! (I seem to remember you saying you had a knack for physical things, and drumming was one of those BigSmile

peace brother,

plenum

Aloysius

Ah music
Worth noting is that within the notion of a vibratory universe, sound is vibration. The human ear can only perceive acoustic vibrations within a certain range of frequencies; this often makes us forget that in a universe of a vibration, the universe is actually made of sound. A gigantic cosmic orchestra (improvising) if you will.

I love how how Ra used the term “tone poem”, it’s a very fitting way of describing a mind/body/spirit complex. An individual is the combination of certain limits (genetics, circumstance) within a matrix of potential (freewill affecting limits). Now the ultimate preset limit is that of genetics (DNA), DNA is a code and all codes pertain to a language, the genetic makeup of an individual is their story/character/circumstance, they are a living piece of literature. Now while engaging in the ‘melody of life’ their character will add its own twist to their tale facilitated by the faculty of their freewill of the character and other characters that they interact with. This interplay of words and music make the tone poem of the individual.
This is the way I perceive the world.

Also an aside to all that;
The reason music is such a primal force is because it is exactly that, manipulated vibration. When playing music you are altering the fundamental vibration of silence under the force of your will and transforming it into the form of your choosing, it is the most fundamental magik.
One more thing
Words (acoustic vibration) are assigned a symbolic value which is interpreted by the subconscious/conscious mind and assigned a particular meaning. This is why music, though being perceptible sound like words are more primal as the interpretation/feelings evoked are much more unique to the individual.
The analogy of a tone poem is indeed, an interesting one.

Of interest here is the two basic divisions of music: Absolute Music, and Program Music, which exactly mirrors the two basic movements of time, Classicism and Romanticism, as well as, in my opinion, the astrological signs of Aquarius and Leo.

The first and most famous tone poem of music, is of course Vivaldi four seasons. These were wrote to accompany four sonnets - poems, to a considerable degree of detail, and nearly everything in the work is representational.

Tone poems contrast to pure music - which is intentionally non-representational, and thus has name like "Symphony Number 5" Because it doesn't paint a picture, it tends to rely on more complex musical structures. Fugues, or Variations, are two highly formalistic styles.

Again, these two styles exactly mirror the divide between the Classicism, a movement of the Age of Enlightenment, emphasizing reason, and philosophy, and perfect, objective structures, and later Romanticism, which focuses on subjectivity (Impressionism is self-consciously subjective), emotion, and is in general far more associated with art, especially painting and writing.

In the context of the Ra quote, Ra is intentionally using a Romanticist metaphor, praising the beauty of individuality, imperfection, emotion of everyone, and their experiences, rather than an objective or formal ideal.
For more on the classicism/romanticism divide, see this painting of Isaac Newton by the Romantic painter/poet William Blake:

[Image: 780px-Newton-WilliamBlake.jpg]

This is of Isaac Newton, whom Blake considered part his evil trinity, along with Bacon, Newton, and Locke. This unholy trinity is also, of course, Thomas Jefferson's holy trinity.

Jefferson was a wanderer according to LOO, I have no doubt that Blake is as well.

Blake had almost constant spiritual visions throughout his life, many of which he painted.

Also, his philosophy was much like LOO:

Quote:To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour
i heard a saying once....

in the spiritual world, every word is a song, and every step is a dance