Bring4th

Full Version: Social Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In rural areas there are many problems related to education, health, and electricity. What is the best solution of these problems.
I have thought about this in account of my political activities significantly and I have found that the best way to solve these is to produce small, essentially pre-designed centers that provide all neccesary modern services for a small number of people. Essentially a combination of everything from schools to a small health center in a single building. The style of design and implementation should be essentially copied from the Roman barrack design system where the same design is implemented everywhere. These centers would should be built adjacent to most or all of modern towns and smaller settlements, letting the cities continue with their business as is.

Such a small center would have the ability to respond to any service request from birth control to funerary assistance within a very large area but only for a very small number of people, All jobs would be overlapping and there would be very few employees as they would switch jobs between assigments (doctor would work as a firemans assistant during firefighting, both would work as a the policemans assistant during crime investigations and so forth).

This would cover all basic services to a accetable level all throughout the global rural areas (and I do mean all) for a relatively small amount. After that the real work of city by city greening the urban infrastructure can begin. As all cities are designed differently to fit the local culture, both man made and natural, while all rural locations are essentially the same, the small size of communities removes the need for complex inter design if the facilities are always placed outside the rural community. But the same cannot apply in large cities therefore they cant be "prefabricated" in the way that rural facilities could be.

150m km2 divided to say 150.000 facilities employing a total of 450.000 full time and say another 450.000 part time for a total employment of a little under one million people.

1.000km2 per facility for 3 service personnel per facility, each facility would provide a basic version of.

Water, Power, Medical(normal non unusual conditions), education (library and tutoring and workshops), Firedepartment, security, etc etc.

This would fulfill all global governance demands other than to agree not to intervene (all positive rights but negatives are unaffected) (right to not starve but not the right to not be taxed) and limit governments to where they are best suited, cities, leaving rural folk to what they are best suited, tribalism (and thats not an insult.)

In the end it would make a standard level of services across the entire planet except for cities and would cost anywhere between nothing (due to increase in GDP) to destroying the global economy (due to decrease in demand for the convulated system of services we offer now and thus a massive increase in unemployment due to lowered demand due to no competition for basic services, we cant all work at starbucks and give back massages)

Aloysius

I grew up in rural towns, usually about 2000 people in each.
Unfortunately I doubt there is a "one size fits all" band aid to fix the problems posed in these communities.
I do think there are a few things that could be considered however urban and rural areas are becoming more and more connected due to roads being built, corporate expansion and more recognition of these areas within the nation's government workings amongst other things. So really I think as they both affect the other actions established in one should be established in the other.

The main issue I've seen is the rampant crime and I don't think stricter police enforcement is the solution as most crime has been in order to obtain money for drugs, I think the best way of battling this establishing rehabilitation clinics in gaols, getting people off these drugs rather than pumping them with stuff like methadone. If they left gaol clean there would be little incentive to break the law again and would also reduce prison numbers over time. This would help crime and health, seeing drug addiction as a health issue rather than a crime is starting to take hold in the populace and I think it will eventually have positive outcomes.

For electricity, government incentives and rebates for the purchasing of solar panels is something they used to do in my country and generally had great success, they even let you sell your excess energy back to the grid to provide others with power, unfortunately this has all been dismantled since.

For education, I would generally say reduce government funding for private schools and more evenly distribute the wealth throughout the various schools
For rural areas, utilizing new technology and the internet to connect with more urban (and wealthy) schools can also really help. In a town I just left we used to skype with schools from nearby towns in school in certain classes and it actually worked really well. Stuff like this also helps to create an integral education system rather than leaving smaller schools left out to fend for themselves.
Another education point is that (from what I've seen in the towns I've lived in) is that there is little motivation for youth to pursue tertiary education, generally dropping out and becoming laborers or apprentices, as well the problem of having to relocate vast distances if going to a university. With more connection to other schools I've seen more of a interest in learning and applying knowledge, and more people being keen to go university, also things being implemented like university study by correspondence facilitated by the internet is helping more and more people becoming qualified and getting well paying jobs.

Though a downside to this that is rampant over here is the lack of employment opportunities for those that do complete higher education and many are just left in debt. University used to be free over here so I would say that would help a lot of these issues haha.

I hope this helps, these are just my opinions BigSmile