Bring4th

Full Version: Have you ever seen a Ghost?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ra confirms the existence of such things as 'ghosts'; and also gives a mechanism by which they 'linger' on this plane:

Quote:47.13 Questioner: What stimulus would create what we call an Earth-bound spirit or a lingering ghost?

Ra: I am Ra. The stimulus for this is the faculty of the will. If the will of yellow-ray mind/body/spirit is that which is stronger than the progressive impetus of the physical death towards realization of that which comes, that is, if the will is concentrated enough upon the previous experience, the entity’s shell of yellow ray, though no longer activated, cannot either be completely deactivated and, until the will is released, the mind/body/spirit complex is caught.

This often occurs, as we see you are aware, in the case of sudden death as well as in the case of extreme concern for a thing or an other-self.

The Will is so strong, that even if you die, you can 'will' yourself to stay here on this plane. ie not follow your guides/greeters into the 'Tunnel of Light'.

never seen a ghost myself (at least to conscious memory).

anyone talked to one? or interacted with one?

Aloysius

Ghosts are an interesting thing. From what I can gather there is a certain fragmentation of the mind/body/spirit complex in the case of extreme attachment to some other self or thing. This splitting of the mind and soul can cause many ghosts to have an interesting way of perceiving their situation ie. not believing any time has past, or just cause general mayhem.
I haven't talked to any but I've cleared a fair few out of locations so I could be in peace.
I do know some people that could see ghosts as children though, sometimes family members sometimes people of a race native to the location.
The ghost to me is one of the truly tragic fates bestowed upon an individual.
My girlfriend saw one when driving home on a country lane late at night. It was a straight dirt road but for some reason it seemed to be curving back and forth in front of her. Suddenly she saw a black human shape walking in the middle of the road but didn't have time to hit the brakes. The form passed through her car and through her passing right through her center of awareness accompanied with a feeling of despair and guilt. When she got home she did a google search of the road and found that many people had seen ghosts while driving down it and one of the popular stories was of two kids in the 50s getting into a car crash on their way to senior prom, both died and the boy who was driving still wanders back and forth down the road looking for his girlfriend . . . ooo spooky Tongue
(08-06-2013, 08:42 AM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]Ra confirms the existence of such things as 'ghosts'; and also gives a mechanism by which they 'linger' on this plane:

Quote:47.13 Questioner: What stimulus would create what we call an Earth-bound spirit or a lingering ghost?

Ra: I am Ra. The stimulus for this is the faculty of the will. If the will of yellow-ray mind/body/spirit is that which is stronger than the progressive impetus of the physical death towards realization of that which comes, that is, if the will is concentrated enough upon the previous experience, the entity’s shell of yellow ray, though no longer activated, cannot either be completely deactivated and, until the will is released, the mind/body/spirit complex is caught.

This often occurs, as we see you are aware, in the case of sudden death as well as in the case of extreme concern for a thing or an other-self.

The Will is so strong, that even if you die, you can 'will' yourself to stay here on this plane. ie not follow your guides/greeters into the 'Tunnel of Light'.

i see ppl that have died in my dreams...does this count? audrey hepburn & edgar cayce have made an appearance...but it's usually people i actually knew.

in the audrey dream, i found myself walking into the tv room, from a bedroom, at my parent's place & she was sitting in my father's chair & she got up, when i was still on my way in there, & gave me a stare that i'll never forget as she was walking off, in another direction, to the dining room area. in the edgar dream, i was at a restaurant w/ my significant other & edgar was our waiter & he was dressed in a black & white tux. we were waiting for food then he walked by our table & tapped on the table with his fingers then i felt really happy & said to my significant other, "WHY did he do that?!?"

Melissa

I don't believe in 'ghosts' but I remember walking home one night, many years ago, when i saw this angry dude approaching. The second he'd passed, I turned around and he was gone. Don't know what that was all about, at the time i just thought it was really weird but i was too depressed to really think about it. lol.
Yes, my brother and I saw the ghost of our grandfather. He had committed suicide in the 'back bedroom' of our family's summer home in 1941 - my dad was a small boy at the time. No one used that room as a bedroom but some things were stored in that room that we might need during the summer. I was about 10, my brother about 9, when we were sent to get the fishing poles from the closet in that room. When we opened the door, a man was standing there, he looked very sad, then he disappeared.

Due to the stigma of suicide, all pictures of him had been removed many years before I was born. Neither my brother nor I had ever seen a picture of our grandfather but after seeing that ghost we were able to accurately describe him.

I have not been to the summer house since 1977 so have not had the opportunity to see him again. However, two friends of mine, who do not know each other and live on opposite coasts of the U.S. have spontaneously mentioned him. One friend described the bedroom (it's very unusual) and the weather the day grandpa died (which I confirmed by getting the weather report from the newspaper for that date). The other friend spontaneously, in the middle of an unrelated conversation, asked if I knew anyone named Charlie and then passed along a message from him.
Seen plenty. Never communicated.
No need to appear as ghost to scare the s**t out of people BigSmile, time to go to the light for relaxing Smile.
I think I may have seen two, which I thought were hallucinations. I man, and a little girl. I saw them when I was in jail. The little girl was in the cell with me. They may have been trying to comfort me since I thought I was headed to hell. One of the many times I experienced hell.
I often wonder if I saw ghosts years ago. Back when my wife and I were just starting to hang I experienced it on multiple occasions while driving home around 11pm, I would notice a family of three riding their bicycles on the side of the road. What made this very odd is that this road was a very country road at the time with very few residence. Another odd thing was that the little girl with them was probably 7 or 8 years old. Very young to not only be riding her bike that late but on such a country road where people regularly drove 70+mph. I never saw them during the day but they I always a very weird feeling as I passed them and I can still remember it very vividly even to this day even when it was more than 10 years ago.
Senior year in college I lived in a haunted house. It was a very old Victorian in the old part of Philadelphia, PA.

The front door of the house had a metal hand to grasp instead of a doorknob. But we were artists (I've a Bachelor of Fine Arts), so it was just fun. We (friend of mine and me) had the entire first floor, (two bedrooms, kitchen, and a studio to share). Others from same school were on the second and third floors.

From my room you could walk to the kitchen: Open a door, walk a short three step hallway, open a door, and be in the kitchen. That hallway, day and night and in all seasons, was always freezing.

One wall of my bedroom (very high ceilings), was entirely covered by tall and thin windows. Near the top of each window the sides slowly curved towards each other, and ended with a point on top. I'd say the wall contained about five such windows in a row, and I could always see the windows at night because of city street lights.

One night I went blind. Lying in bed eyes open, I saw only total black. This confused me so I decided to get up, but I couldn't move. Hands were pressing down on my shoulders. I fought to move, but to no avail. This lasted a while. Then I realized that I was in no pain, so I just relaxed and stopped the fight. At that moment I could see, and I could sit up easily.

There was a locked doorway in my room which I was told leads to the basement. Landlady told me to never open that door, and I glad I didn't. But often a chubby 50 year old man would stand there wearing baggy underpants and an old-fashioned sleeveless undershirt. Always just a glance, never happened when I was looking at the door, but while turning my head he would be there. I'd look back immediately and he would be gone. And I was not the only one who saw him in a such a manner, plenty of friends mentioned him to me.

Good friend Carrie lived upstairs.
She and I had more than one experience together.

One night we were both studying for the same exam. She called me to come upstairs to her because she didn't understand something. So I took my book to her place: Door opened to a long hallway leading to the kitchen, then a left turn would be her bedroom, and a right turn would be her living room. I went straight to the living room, we talked, I stayed a while and then went back downstairs. But I had left my book at her place. Went upstairs and my book could not be found. Difficult study for both of us with only one book that night. The next day she told me that she found my book, it was on her pillow, on her bed.

Another time Carrie had left her gloves at her boyfriends place. Gary saw me before he saw her, so he gave me her gloves to give back to her.

Now this is something I had no idea ghosts could do.

I arrived home and Carrie was halfway up the stairs. So I called to her to tell her that I had her gloves. She was glowing with joy, I remember thinking that Carrie was really happy. She descended most of the stairs, and reached down towards me as I reached up to give her the gloves. Our hands never touched as the gloves were exchanged. She also never said a word.

Later that night Carrie called me for her gloves. I swore I had given them to her. We were good friends, and she lived there too, it's amazing that she believed me, but she did, though we both searched our places for her gloves. That was wintertime. Months later, while packing to leave at the end of the school year, she told me that the gloves were found, neatly folded, one atop the other, on the table in her kitchen.

We carried on and painted and partied while living there. I sort of think the ghosts liked us, it certainly could have been worse.

Brittany

When I was a child I used to sleep with my bedroom door open. One night I looked out into the hall and saw a white figure that looked like a little boy floating in the air. It scared me so bad that I've slept with my bedroom door shut ever since. I know the people that lived in that house before my parents had a little boy, but I don't know if he died there.

As a young girl I always sensed a very dark presence in my bedroom. I would hear unexplainable noises and one time I was sure my bed was shaking. I was terrified to turn the lights out because I was afraid the "bad men" would come to get me. However, I feel that most of what I experienced was due to a thought form created by the constant fighting that went on in our house at the time. Quite a lot of tension and pain.
I saw a witch... one halloween i stood at my window starring into the nights sky. I was adamant if i stood there long enough i would see one. Then i saw a witch shaped silhouette fly across the sky. I understand now i manifested this into my reality with will and desire.

michael430

[deleted]
I was visiting a Christian catacomb in Rome. My mother hired a Japanese tour guide who looked exactly like Mrs. Swan from MadTV (petite asian lady with a helmet/bowl haircut) with very heavy eye makeup (blue eye shadow and heavy black eyeliner). The catacomb is a very dark, sparcely lit underground area... creepy. As we were taking a sharp turn right down this narrow hallway, these 2 italian guys were coming towards us, saw the tour guide lady and screamed something like, 'Ghost' in Italian. Tour guide lady was so offended lol. I see things with my mind's eye. Had some fearful experiences when I was little so I try not to see too much.

michael430

[deleted]
The irony.
(08-06-2013, 08:42 AM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]Ra confirms the existence of such things as 'ghosts'; and also gives a mechanism by which they 'linger' on this plane:

i just "saw" my 1st ghost yesterday...i saw it in the corner of my eye. i mentioned it in another thread but i feel i should properly document/share it here.

it was nothing to brag about...just some1 wearing white that seemed to be running to hide from me.

i've been watching a lot of the show called paranormal witness so now i totally believe in ghosts 100%...it's very common for them to make lights flicker i've learned from the show & tonight my light just flickered about 5 times about 5 mins ago which inspired me to write this here. & it just did it again right now as i'm typing this.

i just recently moved into a new apartment & the place has been here a long time...so it's likely my apartment is actually haunted. when i 1st moved in, there were some instances where i could've sworn i turned off a light that i found was left on. that's what 1st got me wondering if the place is haunted from the start. that's a common thing for ghosts to do too according to the stories i've watched on the show.

i'm crossing my fingers that a lot of paranormal stuff goes down so i can get on the show! BigSmile
No, I don't think I've ever seen one - and it's because I've never wanted to! Pretty big fear block on that stuff, when my hair stands on end in the dark I shut that all down, haha. My stepmom used to see my grandpa on occasion, and I used to live in an apartment building where at 3am during the night sometimes the closet door in the bedroom above ours would open and slam shut for an extended period of time. Creak open - slam, - creak open - slam, for about 20 minutes. In the year and a half or so that we lived there, we saw at least 5 tenets come and go from that apartment, but most of the time it was actually unoccupied. That's the closest encounter to a haunting I've experienced.

Those apartments have been around for a long time and there are many fires. Once, lightning struck a tree about 30 feet from our front door and caught it on fire.
Redacted due to posting already.
used to live in a place where apparently the old owners' 22 yr old son died in the basement from a sudden and unknown cause like random heart failure or something.
I was probably about 5, was sleeping two stories up, but had such a horrible time in bed. I'd always get the sickest feeling like a bubble generator in my stomach popping bubbles everywhere. Anywheys, I'd always hear conversation going on all about me. back and forth, and they were usually discussing me but I hadn't any understanding of it and I could sometimes see their faces. This did not scare me as in comparison to the nightmares I'd have when finally asleep. Used to wake up and run to the kitchen and cry all night till my dad came to pray with/over me, lots of ferocious and terrifying adventure.

When about 13 yrs old was up at about 3am in a different house. I was sitting on the toilet, already fighting hallucinations and hysteria due to high fever. I saw a white figure walking towards me, down the hallway. Scared the s*** out of me cause he checked my bedroom first. As it came close to the bathroom we were staring each-other down from between a mirror. I kicked the door shut and pretended it never happened, a sure-fire way to suppress such confusing memory Tongue I have often since thought that it was actually a future me, and still have strange moments walking down this hallway.
When I was young, a skeleton rose up from the middle of my bedroom floor for quite a while. I then always turned facing the wall so I wouldn't have to see it.