Bring4th

Full Version: waking up in a dream, and thinking its real life?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey, has anyone else had those 'nested dreams' where you wake up in your dream, and you think you are in 'reality', but in fact, you are just having the next phase of the dream?

and then you finally wake up, and realise how much of a mindf*ck just happened to you?

I swear to god, I am going to wake up from this 'reality' one day, and realise this whole life was just a dream in the mind of the Creator BigSmile BigSmile

peace
Many times... I've woken up astral projected and then woke up, and then started flying and then really woke up. Lol
That reminds me of Inception, where he could get stuck in a dream and not be able to wake from it if he somehow died in one of the levels.

Brittany

(08-07-2013, 03:15 PM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]I swear to god, I am going to wake up from this 'reality' one day, and realise this whole life was just a dream in the mind of the Creator BigSmile BigSmile

You say this in jest, but this is the principle behind the conscious practice of lucid dreaming done by many mages. Once one can firmly establish within their own consciousness the awareness that life itself a lucid dream, one gains the power to shape their life to their will, just like how when you realize you're dreaming while you sleep, you can control the dream environment. Exercises in this practice are meant to uproot the perceptions and place them at a different level, allowing the world to be experienced from an entirely new and much less limiting viewpoint. Both positive and negative systems of magic put heavy emphasis on dreaming exercises, and there is in fact an exercise that involves lucid dreaming, then waking into another dream without physically awakening...the ability to radically shift one's environment at will.

*edited for heinous typo
haha OH man i love these dreams. It's even stranger when you intentionally get into bed in the dream to go to sleep then wake up in another dream and all you can think about is how much you need slep Tongue
Boy, I hardly know where to start here. I had four nested-dream wakeups one night....the dreaming equivalent of a Russian doll. When I finally "woke up" "for real" it took me at least 20 minutes to get my bearings.
(08-07-2013, 06:13 PM)Eddie Wrote: [ -> ]Boy, I hardly know where to start here. I had four nested-dream wakeups one night....the dreaming equivalent of a Russian doll. When I finally "woke up" "for real" it took me at least 20 minutes to get my bearings.

Ugh...I remember side effects like that....just laying in bed breathing deeply and slowly...feeling my energies recollect about my physical body and just being wide eyed....thinking to myself "God what a mind job that was!"
I hate dreams where you feel trapped. Those can be mind jobs.
(08-07-2013, 03:15 PM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]hey, has anyone else had those 'nested dreams' where you wake up in your dream, and you think you are in 'reality', but in fact, you are just having the next phase of the dream?
Yes, but check this out:
Go to sleep, start to dream and realize you are dreaming. Then tell yourself to go to "astral project" in the embedded dream. Being that your dream body is connected to the "astral" already, you will start leaving your dream body rather readily but something will go wrong. Try it.
(08-07-2013, 09:04 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-07-2013, 03:15 PM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]hey, has anyone else had those 'nested dreams' where you wake up in your dream, and you think you are in 'reality', but in fact, you are just having the next phase of the dream?
Yes, but check this out:
Go to sleep, start to dream and realize you are dreaming. Then tell yourself to go to "astral project" in the embedded dream. Being that your dream body is connected to the "astral" already, you will start leaving your dream body rather readily but something will go wrong. Try it.

Interesting comment. Initially when I did this some entity shouted "wake up" and I found myself back awake. Is that what you mean by 'something will go wrong?'. It was like some sort of hypnotic command issued to any being who realized a lucid state. At first I could not see the being giving the command then I remembered to look them in the eyes. Always felt like connecting with a 'machine intelligence'. Flickering eyes.
Later I found that 'jumping' from the dream body would lead to places beyond the astral or mass unconscious of 3rd density. This is about the stage where 'craft' would appear and 'beam' me up, or a guide would take me somewhere. In these environments there is less confusion, the beings who inhabit know what is going on. This is how I found the 'healing spa', a sort of huge swimming/bathing area. After going there I felt great.
During a portal opening I found myself in Mexico entering a pyramid that was giving off a green mist. When I went in I began to float and spin within a sort of vortex. Once inside I was greeted in a bar/pub, bought a drink and went through a 'presentation' along with about a dozen or so others.
My impression of all this is that the 'astral' rooms of 3rd density have been created as a sort of 'trap' using this weird architecture. These rooms are filled with the mass unconscious. As one nears the higher levels of 3d the rooms become more regular and 'real like', the consciousness more aware and lucid.
The 3d/4d border seems to me to be where the tipping point of lucidity occurs. In 4d there are more lucid beings than' unawares'. This makes the environments more tangible, the narratives start to make sense.

Aloysius

I have similar thing happen quite often. Usually with this form of dream I have some sort of 'base' that I return to each time I 'wake' which I always seem to do in multitudes. That is to say that whenever I 'wake up' I am returned to a place and then by progressing through that place I am swept into new dream 'realities'. It sounds cool but the last one was terrifying as I couldn't escape from the base, I spent a very long time in that dream. The base is usually a house in which new dreams/lessons reside behind each door and when I have learned what I need from each door I awake back within the base. Within the base the dream is lucid. There's been a recurring problem though in that I haven't been able to get to the final door in any of these dreams. The lessons have always been extraordinary though.
In the type of dreams you are speaking of I usually die than wake up and be so happy to be alive and then wake up again lol

and then you finally wake up, and realise how much of a mindf*ck just happened to you?

I swear to god, I am going to wake up from this 'reality' one day, and realise this whole life was just a dream in the mind of the Creator BigSmile BigSmile

peace

I often wake up in reality to the fact that its a dream. But sshhh, that's a spoiler.
(08-08-2013, 01:30 AM)Ashim Wrote: [ -> ]
Yes, but check this out:

Interesting comment. Initially when I did this some entity shouted "wake up" and I found myself back awake. Is that what you mean by 'something will go wrong?'.
After only a little distance, it's like an electrical shock accompanied by yellow and purple energy flashes.
This why I always perform reality checks every morning when I wake up...

[Image: yo-dawg-i-heard-you-like-dreams-so-we-pu...-dream.jpg]
-Repost of the previous message- ignore this post
(08-15-2013, 10:36 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-08-2013, 01:30 AM)Ashim Wrote: [ -> ]
Yes, but check this out:

Interesting comment. Initially when I did this some entity shouted "wake up" and I found myself back awake. Is that what you mean by 'something will go wrong?'.
After only a little distance, it's like an electrical shock accompanied by yellow and purple energy flashes.

That distance seems to be related to polarity. If the bias could be worked off then the amnesia wave would have no pole to act on.
Seems that ones own negativity is what causes the rebound into the spiral knot.
Is this the metaphysical aspect of the Karman Line?
Just as physical gravity prevents us from leaving the earths pull is this the time/space component?
So...taking this a step ahead..if one is able to go beyond polarity the soul is free to travel without limitation. Like what Ra said about the being of 8th density being able to harvest itself at any time during a cycle. If one is incarnate in the physical then the high frequency of the atoms that consist the body would mean that the usual effects of physical gravity no longer apply. We would float, be able to teleport.
This must be the reason why Superman can fly.

peace

Yes, I have had multiple "false awakenings" before. It's pretty interesting.

I absolutely love to lucid dream. I get such a thrill out of just being aware in a different reality, and examining the different textures in the dream environment. I like to just do mundane things such as put my dream hands into dream water, touch dream walls, and eat and taste dream things. It would seem few people really afford themselves the awareness of how real dreams are during the actual experience. The natural difficulty most people have to holding onto dream memories as they return to the waking consciousness makes the dream reality seem more "fuzzy" than the so called "real world", when in reality, during the dream itself the awareness can often be even sharper than in the "real" world.

But I digress.
(08-16-2013, 12:01 AM)indiGo33 Wrote: [ -> ]This why I always perform reality checks every morning when I wake up...

[Image: yo-dawg-i-heard-you-like-dreams-so-we-pu...-dream.jpg]

lol