Bring4th

Full Version: Are most people really this shallow?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just read a sales writing report from one of the world's most respected forums for copywriters.

According to this report, the typical person:

Decides almost everything in life based on their emotions, then tries to use logic to create a justification that sounds good.

Is driven primarily by fear that they'll miss out on feelings such as an adventurous rush of excitement, being in power over others, being accepted and being around others who admire them and are also just like them.

Is terrified of making a mistake, with any loss of social status the greatest possible mistake.

Can be readily scared into making purchases.

Lusts after hidden, exclusive, "secret" information.

Wants to preserve themselves first, and then enjoy a fantasy of sex: for men, a specific picture of a hot babe they can imagine is there to please them; for women, a vague romantic fantasy to project themselves into.

Assume that someone who seems passionate and enthusiastic is probably an informed expert about what they're saying.

Simply can't be flattered enough and never sees through flattery.

Wants to feel that they're in an exclusive inner circle that makes their peers and neighbors envious.

Expects things should be instant, fast, easy, simple, and just done for them.

Wants to talk, talk, talk about themselves and really doesn't give much of a damn about others.

Gets bored of anything that doesn't directly affect them at about 300 words into a story.

Really likes "social proof" that shows that "people like me" are buying the same thing.

Assumes celebrities are likable, trustworthy, honest authorities on whatever they promote.

Assumes that well organized presentations with nice graphics mean that the presenter is honest and reputable.

Likes a sale based on the seller's embarrassing mistakes or desperation.

This explains a lot of successful advertising that just makes no sense to me.

Responses to the article: "wow," "great stuff," "brilliant," "such a great resource for copywriters."

Am I on the wrong planet or something?
Sad but true, these are but only a small number of the reasons for the small harvest.

ayadew

Remember friends, that if you think a certain behaviour of a person then you increase that behaviour in that particular person. You get exactly what you want.
Also, this seems like an excellent guide for STS manipulation.. enjoy if you're into that
I don't think this was meant as specific to individuals, but as a general statement. I would also suggest that this is more true for those in western countries than eastern countries.

ayadew

Then we are that general statement. Smile
This illusory mind only allows the truth to be seen in paradox...

Just as the Buddha came to penetrate the 8th density for only himself, we can only decide our paths for our individual selves... and as the third density is one of individual paths to love, compassion, and understanding, we each meander throughout our may incarnations until we achieve that which is our individual desired result, resulting in ascension to the next density, which in turn results in less distortion, which is in fact less individualism, and more unity.

The paradox is to say that the one affects the many may be true, for we are all one, but the many also affect the one.

ayadew

Then let us take responsibility for both ourselves and others, and not think of them as less than ourselves; something vile to be escaped.
I see where you lead the horse.... yet just as you cannot make the horse drink, you cannot make the man think. This is each their path, and in it is no right or wrong. Taking responsibility for others is as to try and control their destiny, and is extremely negatively oriented brother.

As Questioner pointed out is to understand that the majority of our brothers yet receive a failing mark. It does not belittle them, not scolds them, nor requires escape. It only reflects an understanding of their current positions.

This brings to mind one of my favorite Ra quotes, "In truth there is no right or wrong".

I would much prefer all of earth to be harmonious and loving, yet this is not as it is, thus I accept it with what I believe I indicated to be a sadness in these facts.

ayadew

I agree. Please continue to spread your vibration in honesty BigSmile
Recognizing a behavior is the first step to overcoming it

ayadew

On another note, I must admit I've felt almost everything here and I identify them as parts I do not wish to be defined as.
This list provides good guidelines of how to improve yourself. Smile
fearful, lustful and gullible - what a shallow way of thinking about other people, tbh i think that list says more about its author than it does of the general public - as a copywriter i would never think about an intended audience in such a way, i don't see how you could write successfully for any audience when you hold them in such apparent disdain

anyway.... it would be interesting to try and do a list for a typical sto harvestable person - i suspect that such a list would either be very difficult to compile or very short

ayadew

Well, a start is to attempt to see the polarity of all things in this list.
Hi, awaked ones.

** Are most people really this shallow? **

To give you an idea of the answer, look at the TV audience ratings ! !
See wich stupid programs are in the top ranks. . .

And guess what percentage of the populace is watching that crap.

Any more question ??? B-)

Blue skies.
At the time of Jehoshua, 150 million mind/body/spirit complexes walked this planet. The spiritual advancement at that time was far behind schedule. From accounts I have read of Jehoshua, I understand he was very solemn and none ever saw him smile. He was a wanderer mind/body/spirit complex in the third density, though natively of the 4th density upper spectrum, as understood by the quote, "I am of the world, yet not of the world", and from Ra's explanations.

When I read this list, it saddens me, and I can understand that now we have 6.8 billion mind/body/spirit complexes walking the planet, there is still a great deal to not smile about when compassion and understanding is felt.

It is within the realm of every wanderer to have this overwhelming feeling of sadness, for the wanderer contains the love and understanding of the 4th density required to do so.

If anything, perhaps we may now see this list as something which is, yet does not need to be. The question then is "How may I be the change I wish to see"?, for before one may offer ones self up to teaching, one must understand and practice what is to be taught.
(01-10-2010, 12:21 PM)Peregrinus Wrote: [ -> ]At the time of Jehoshua, 150 million mind/body/spirit complexes walked this planet. The spiritual advancement at that time was far behind schedule. From accounts I have read of Jehoshua, I understand he was very solemn and none ever saw him smile.

I don't want to sidetrack this thread, but as a quick interjection, the Edgar Cayce readings stated that Jehoshua actually laughed a great deal, even on the way to the cross. Cayce stated, "This is what angered them the most." He presented a different picture, one of boundless joy. Not the image of Jesus we've been brought up with.
(01-10-2010, 01:24 PM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-10-2010, 12:21 PM)Peregrinus Wrote: [ -> ]At the time of Jehoshua, 150 million mind/body/spirit complexes walked this planet. The spiritual advancement at that time was far behind schedule. From accounts I have read of Jehoshua, I understand he was very solemn and none ever saw him smile.

I don't want to sidetrack this thread, but as a quick interjection, the Edgar Cayce readings stated that Jehoshua actually laughed a great deal, even on the way to the cross. Cayce stated, "This is what angered them the most." He presented a different picture, one of boundless joy. Not the image of Jesus we've been brought up with.

So what to believe then?... I know that on my path, the closer I get to purity of spirit, of simply being, the more I find an inner peace, the more I smile, the more I am filled with joy, and yet, when I take in that which is around me in the ways of man, I am filled with such a great sorrow.

I have yet to read the Edgar Cayce materials. I am not very inclined to have a great deal of faith in men, for where there are men, there are motives. Where there are motives, there is distortion of truth.
(01-10-2010, 12:21 PM)Peregrinus Wrote: [ -> ]If anything, perhaps we may now see this list as something which is, yet does not need to be. The question then is "How may I be the change I wish to see"?, for before one may offer ones self up to teaching, one must understand and practice what is to be taught.

Yes, exactly!

What has helped me is realizing that Earth School is essentially a school for juvenile delinquents. As a whole, yeah, those attributes hold true to a great deal, as evidenced by the top-ranked tv shows, movies, and top-selling goods. Those marketing companies have it down...they know what sells beer and cars. They feed off the immaturity of the school children.

At the same time, if you look around you at the people you know, you'll find that most of them are basically good people, and do have some depth if you look for it. While many are basically sleeping thru class, many are at least doing their homework, if not consciously paying attention to the curriculum. Many are growing tired of dealing with the bullies on the playground, and this in itself is showing some depth by showing an interest in the love/peace curriculum. That, I think, is our task: to draw out that depth and nurture it, by being joyful ourselves.
I would say. Yes! that is quite an accurate representation of our society today. Are you really surprised? The writer has the insight to identify the core characteristics driving the masses. It is helpful to understand what you are dealing with.

I am not going to term is as shallow. It is what it is. Are we not part of this society? Are we not all one? I don't identify with it but this is OUR world and these people need our love and understanding, all they can !!!

ayadew

We must be the change we wish to see.
Do you want unconditional acceptance and love? Then begin to accept the people who do the things in this list.
If you think of them as shallow, then that is what the world will become.
Put "ego" or "egoic mind" before every point on that list and read it like that. Our mindset is what is blinding us to the way things really are.

I don't think we should look down upon others or call them "shallow" simply because they have not yet learned to look past that very necessary, balance giving part of their mind. They're just looking through their "shallow sunglasses" that tint everything they see. Didn't we once have those sunglasses on?

Allow yourself to see others with absolute clarity, no ego glasses. You'll find natural love and compassion for one who, for all intents and purposes, is you, just in different shoes. They will stop reciting their lines (or at the very least have attention drawn to their behavior) once they realize you aren't acting along with them.

Edit: "intents of purposes" --> "intents and purposes"
(01-16-2010, 10:41 AM)Aaron Wrote: [ -> ]They will stop reciting their lines (or at the very least have attention drawn to their behavior) once they realize you aren't acting along with them.

I like that. This is very true, though they must be in a situation where they allow themselves to be vulnerable. In public is typically not one of those places.

Upon further thought, you are correct on your first point as well. Just as Ra said, many are stuck in a continually infantile stage on this planet, due to many factors.

The normal cycle of opening the chakras, in this incarnate experience, is one per seven years or so, beginning at birth. Many on this planet never open the first three, the primal chakras, and therefore stay "stuck" in the ego, which I believe is the red chakra, the me me me chakra.
Thank you, correspondents, for helping me release frustration and anger and instead remember to seek the love in each moment, including compassion for those who may be uninformed, confused, or stumbling in the dark.
I correct myself. The orange chakra is the desire and want chakra.
At the very least its judgmental and stereotypical. I doubt any of us can claim immunity from all of those behaviors at any given time. Even the most well meaning human can be a petty sob from time to time. Recognition of that behavior in yourself…now there’s the key..the question to self ought to be…”surely I could have handled that better?”

Richard
Hi Richard,

In truth there is no right or wrong. What is is, and stating it so can be taken positively or negatively. I agree that if one is to see something in that list as negative, it is most likely that what you dislike is a reflection of something one sees in them self, and seeking to remove thus distortion is positive.

Your signature quote "Be the change you want to see in the world. ~ Unknown " was not by an unknown by the way.

It was Mahatma Gandhi who said that, well, more exactly "You must be the change you want to see in the world".

Smile

ayadew

A truly timeless and great quote!
Another variation: You ARE the change you see in the world wether you like it or not Smile
Hello Questioner,

The surface is shallow, ye can see through it....not most, One, that is the bliss that One is most it is all of One

Love Everything xxx
Hello again, Peregrinus. This thread's bump has redrawn my attention to your previous post.

I believe ego originates from the yellow chakra. Very simply put, you have the mind/body/spirit complex. Now rearrange the order according to evolution and you have: red base (unmoving eternal basis for evolution, matter), orange body (animal body is taken, experience as an animal), yellow mind (one step above an animal, a body with higher mind functions, i.e. on this planet, humans), green spirit (the realization of oneness and timelessness, I really don't know the specifics yet but I'm dying to find out! haha bad joke)

So, in the order of the chakras, we have body/mind/spirit. The being that we are grasps ahold of and experiences one at a time until we've got them all down. Therefore, ego would originate from the yellow chakra, the group chakra, the human "problem" that we are working through at this time.
Yes. The orange ray is that of relationships, with the self, and with the other-self.

All rays are not individual, however, as they interact with the other rays which are close to them. ie. a closed orange ray will reduce both the red and the yellow rays.
Pages: 1 2