Bring4th

Full Version: Emotions and Feelings?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
how do you understand these two terms?

not that there can ever be two definitions that apply for all people at all times, but emotions seem to have a sharper, more temporary quality (things that flare up like anger or indignation), and feelings tend more towards longer term biases, like affection or dislike for a person or a thing, an attitude that develops over multiple experiences.

regardless, its seems that both these things (emotions and feelings) are very good feedback for the self to see the self (after all, the mind tends to be a somewhat 'intangable thing') so its useful to have all kinds of feedback on what its doing.

- -

this is what Ra offers on the process of daily (diurnal) analysis:

Quote:42.11 Ra: I am Ra. The thoughts of an entity, its feelings or emotions, and least of all its behavior are the signposts for the teaching/learning of self by self. In the analysis of one’s experiences of a diurnal cycle an entity may assess what it considers to be inappropriate thoughts, behaviors, feelings, and emotions.

In examining these inappropriate activities of mind, body, and spirit complexes the entity may then place these distortions in the proper vibrational ray and thus see where work is needed.

what does 'inappropriate' mean here?
(08-13-2013, 04:23 AM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]what does 'inappropriate' mean here?

In my eyes, the activities which do not further your love for the creator as by Ra's terms.
While I don't have clear distinctive lines dividing the definitions of feeling from emotions, I would generally say that "feelings" are more like predominant mental attitudes, with a tinge of intuition thrown in for good mix, and that emotions are more like intuition based reactions to thoughts and circumstances.

Emotions, in my view, are the result of the interaction between mind, body, and spirit. They are extremely important to spiritual evolution. They represent the vibrational difference, or variance, between the mind and the spirit, which has a visceral reaction within the body. They are a subjective measure of your alignment or misalignment with the macrocosmic source inside of you.

And "inappropriate", in this context, means "distorted" or "imbalanced". Negative emotions, and negative feelings, are the result of negative, or imbalanced, thought.
Emotions are unconscious reactions. Feelings are conscious evaluations. Both are time/space oriented with emotions being more related to body and feelings more related to mind.