Bring4th

Full Version: what are the ways in which we avoid catalyst?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
catalyst is that thing which is recognised by the self as being the trigger or lever for change that will lead to unblocking.

so in all respects, catalyst is a force for greater balance. So that being the case, why does Ra mention on many occassions that this planet has lots of unused catalyst? what is it about our society that leads to an avoidance of catalyst?

I can think of a few (from my own life).

* we don't acknowledge the catalyst (a case of denial. It is like having kitchen waste in the bin, and it gets smellier and smellier, and yet we refuse to acknowledge there is a problem, becuz if we did, we would have to do something about it (ie stop being lazy and do something different than what we are currently doing) ).

* we acknowledge the catalyst, but don't want to talk about it (talking about one's emotions, feelings and current state allows others to offer their viewpoints and perspective, and is in a way, a 'calling' for assistance to help resolve the situation. When we bottle it up inside, we are not allowing for the full opportunity to resolve the catalyst. Talking about it (with friends, with people on these forums) enables a greater 'light' to be shone on the catalyst, and then its subsequent resolution).

* we acknowledge the catalyst, but its too painful, and don't want to deal with it (this is the approach of distraction and sleep. I had a friend's father who was a heavy drinker over many many years becuz they had an underlying depression issue. Instead of facing the catalyst of depression, they 'dulled' it out of existence by getting drunk-faced every opportunity they could while still maintaining the apperance of a job and a family. But using drugs in this way (this particular way) with things like alchohol and in the old days, opium, is a way of not thinking about the catalyst, ie not dealing with it essentially).

* we 'project' the catalyst onto someone else (in this case, we don't even really acknowledge, own, or realise that the catalyst is 'ours'. We hold onto the belief that the catalyst is someone else being lazy, someone else being distorted, or someone else being a troublemaker. It's all 'them' and not in any way related to us. This is a mental mis-identificaiton with the catalyst, and as such, it cannot be used or processed by the self until this is seen to be the case).

anyway, learning to view and accept all the catalyst that is present in my life has enabled a greater use of it (more efficient processing) and as such, I believe, can accelerate one's progress ... if that is what one wishes for.

- -

Quote:66.34 Catalyst is offered to the entity. If it is not used by the mind complex it will then filter through to the body complex and manifest as some form of physical distortion. The more efficient the use of catalyst, the less physical distortion to be found.

We over-generalize as always, for there are many cases of pre-incarnative decisions which result in physical or mental limitations and distortions, but we feel that you are addressing the question of widespread distortions towards misery of one form or another.

Indeed, on some third-density planetary spheres catalyst has been used more efficiently. In the case of your planetary sphere there is much inefficient use of catalyst and, therefore, much physical distortion.
I try to avoid drastic injury to the body. I think there may be a line between avoidance and natural common sense.

There is a reckless abandon that can only be carried out to a point, from what I can tell. It seems there may be a limit to the amount of recklessness that we can go through before we face a consequence.
catalyst is produced by the interaction of the Matrix and the Potentiator. And even though the catalyst can be of the mind, body, or the spirit, its existence (and therefore the dealing with it or the avoidance of it) is mental; as that is where the catalyst 'exists' in its original state.

I apologise if there is any miscommunication on my part. I by no means suggest that one runs into a train or dives into a shallow ocean for the sake of fun BigSmile
(08-14-2013, 11:29 AM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]I by no means suggest that one runs into a train or dives into a shallow ocean for the sake of fun BigSmile

But that is a catalyst for some. I did some pretty stupid crap when I was younger. Noticed that there was a power keeping me out of harms way. Eventually I sobered enough to take life seriously. If this did not happen I assume I would have eventually been allowed to experience the consequences of my own idiocy.

Melissa

It really is a somewhat of a 'miracle' that this vehicle is still up and running, well, walking. However, I find it difficult to balance seeing this experience as one silly joke or taking it all way too serious.
I would just say that most of you severly under-estimate the ability of a MBS-C to hold its own regardless of circumstances if sufficiently loved, regardless of understanding.
I think it's because most are not aware that the deep mind is a reality and available. Experience is naturally perceived as separate, and to consider that you're experiencing your reflection in another form is almost nearly out of the question, mostly due to emotional response. It's more comfortable for the mind to reject experience, as there is a hesitation and an unwillingness to give as described in the Transformation of Mind.

So to successfully perceive catalyst requires abandoning the process in which the mind normally functions, which will certainly be difficult. Hell I've been on the inner-path my whole life and I don't think I truly got it until last year. I achieved a lot of insight over the past 10 years alone and made great progress, but it wasn't until last year that I was able to truly see the quickness and sharpness of mind at work at the deepest of levels. And it was only possible with painful catalyst, and putting a lot of effort into understanding it.
yes, Icaro, I fully agree. Being able to work with catalyst fully effectively involves quite a knowledge of self and the processes of mind. It is definitely not an easy step to make. That's why I've always been impressed with the nature of Buddhism - is it less about belief patterns and idols and more about questioning the mind and addressing underlying assumptions about reality. That is what gives it its power (if used in the right manner).

I have found the following passage from Ra quite instructive in forming my own interpretative framework around the concept of catalyst. It illustrates how distortions of mind that are not addressed or recognised eventually find their way into the body as various types of distortions. And so the key to healing/addressing many of our physically-manifested ills is to find their root cause ... which is quite often an overlooked bias in mind that we chose to address in this lifetime in some way.

this passage has many sections, and much fruit:

Quote:61.7 Questioner: Second question: could you give an example of how feelings affect portions of the body and the sensations of the body?

Ra: I am Ra. It is nearly impossible to speak generally of these mechanisms, for each entity of proper seniority has its own programming.

Of the less aware entities we may say that the connection will often seem random as the higher self continues producing catalyst until a bias occurs.

In each programmed individual the sensitivities are far more active and, as we have said, that catalyst not used fully by the mind and spirit is given to the body.

- -

(re: Carla)
Thus you may see in this entity the numbing of the arms and the hands signifying this entity’s failure to surrender to the loss of control over the life. Thus this drama is enacted in the physical distortion complex.

(re: Don)
In the questioner we may see the desire not to be carrying the load it carries given as physical manifestation of the soreness of those muscles for carrying used. That which is truly needed to be carried is a pre-incarnative responsibility which seems highly inconvenient.

(re: Jim)
In the case of the scribe we see a weariness and numbness of feelings ensuing from lack of using catalyst designed to sensitize this entity to quite significant influxes of unfamiliar distortion complexes of the mental/emotional and spiritual level. As the numbness removes itself from the higher or more responsive complexes the bodily complex distortions will vanish. This is true also of the other examples.

(re: not expecting too much of oneself)
We would note at this time that the totally efficient use of catalyst upon your plane is extremely rare.

the body, as always, is a reflection of the mind.
(08-15-2013, 10:35 PM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]Being able to work with catalyst fully effectively involves quite a knowledge of self and the processes of mind.

From what I've seen, most spiritually oriented people are still holding on to the left-hand functioning of the mind somewhat and that's understandable. Many working with concepts of unity are able to see their reflection in many instances, but you will still hear of stories of conflict between themselves and another, with the other always being wrong. I've also found that finding your mirror isn't always the issue, but the catalyst is actually pointing to an imbalance elsewhere, and if it was addressed no issue would arise. And true, there will always been disagreements in personal relationships especially, but if you can get to the point where you see the deepest of insights in any situation between yourself and another, how there is no right or wrong, you've found the most illuminating key. It seems to be the essence of serving others and of what it means to give. It's radiance, as you allow the other/infinite intelligence to express itself in any instance.

Have you had any experiences with the body acting as a feedback system? Sometimes it simply involves tending to the health of the body itself. I've also noticed that if you're feeling ungrounded, exercise will release that excess mental energy. Ra has mentioned that.
(08-16-2013, 10:37 AM)Icaro Wrote: [ -> ]Have you had any experiences with the body acting as a feedback system?

yes, Icaro, I have a personal example. I have worked with the catalyst/distortion of myopia (physical short sightedness) for quite some time. It began in childhood, but began to be quite evident (undeniable) about the time I got my first computer (probably around age 12-13, the time I transitioned from primary school to high school). Even before then, I was quite a 'bookish person' who loved the library and written language. But getting a computer allowed me to invest all my time and energies into that small screen, rather than dealing with people and the wider world, which was very much the distortion of introversion and retreat from other selves (because I had not been accepted by them because of who I was, and also because of racial prejudice at that period of time; I was born in 1977, and being 'asian' in Australia was still seen as being a 'freak').

but this myopia was very much a physical reflection of mental withdrawal and a fear of the wider world. I didn't want to 'see'; because I did not like what I saw (beyond the circle of what I felt comfortable with, that is).

this myopia gradually increased over the years as I reached various life points where I faced the opportunity to open up and accept, or to withdraw even further within myself. My decisions generally tended towards the further introversion side of things; and so at 2 or 3 distinct life points, I 'lost' a great deal of eyesight and clarity almost overnight; that was how noticable and quick the feedback was.

This was, of course, way before I had encountered the Ra material, and I had no framework in which to understand this loss of vision. I was also having recurring dreams of 'running away' from something that I had done (not facing my reality), but again, the conscious mind was unable to interpret or work with this message in any way to resolve the blockage.

- -

I have written about my myopia in another thread; and there has been significant progress in the last 2, 2 and 1/2 years. It definitely has not been getting worse! In fact, I am able to work at my work screen without the use of glasses, where previously this was not possible. The improvements (in the positive direction) are as equally evident as the loss of sight previously.

I seem to have traced it to a red-ray blockage ... a blocking of the stimuli of the senses before it reaches the mind for processing. Ra calls the red ray that place that deals with survival instincts.

so the questions of:

"what don't I want to see?"
"why don't I want to see it?"

have been quite fruitful to explore for me. But yes, it has not yet been fully resolved, so that very fact indicates the catalyst/distortion has not yet been fully understood or appreciated for what it is offering as feedback for the self.

I also know that myopia is a very common distortion in our society.

it's incidence seems to have risen hand in hand with the phenomena of cancer and diabetes; perhaps another example of the case of 'thoughts becoming things'?

Quote:40.9 Questioner: Has the vibration of the basic, of the photon, of all our particles increased in frequency already?

Ra: I am Ra. This is correct.

It is this influence which has begun to cause thoughts to become things.

As an example you may observe the thoughts of anger becoming those cells of the physical bodily complex going out of control to become what you call the cancer.

and so the feedback becomes swifter and more immediate.

but also its resolution is equally swift and immediate if the lesson is grasped in full.

peace brother,

plenum

- -

ps it also seems to have a yellow ray component (not wishing to share or deal with other selves. But that component, for me I think, has been addessed, and only the red ray component of the distortion is still causing present difficulties).

thanks.
I've been avoiding catalyst successfully since I began working from home a long time ago, and became a cave-dwelling recluse. Tongue

(08-14-2013, 11:42 AM)BrownEye Wrote: [ -> ]I did some pretty stupid crap when I was younger. Noticed that there was a power keeping me out of harms way. Eventually I sobered enough to take life seriously. If this did not happen I assume I would have eventually been allowed to experience the consequences of my own idiocy.

I've seen this in a different light lately. The general perception is that young people are reckless because they aren't wise enough to know they are mortal. (This is supported by the fact that the frontal lobe isn't fully developed until a person is into their twenties, and sometimes not until the late twenties.)

However, I think it may be just the opposite. That young people have the innate sense of immortality, and through conditioning discard this knowing for the "safer" belief in mortality.

Any comments on this theory?
Have seen cases where catalyst is dealt with by adding multiple new catalyst thus forgetting the orginal catalyst somewhere in the mix (commonly known as being 'drama' prone).

Attending to minor catalyst that are more 'accessible' and 'approachable', while fearing deeper catalyst and not wanting to go there.

Intellectualizing/overanalyzing catalyst without tending to emotions in catalyst, for example, instead of getting into one's catalyst person would divert conversation to philosophical matters (that is probably a subset of avoiding emotions).

Looping -taking the all too famliar path to temporarily relieving pressures from catalyst while not really getting deeper into it.

Taking one perspective on the catalyst without attempting to understand the fragmentation of self (personality split) that may not be in congruence (commonly seen as ambivalent about something). E.g., if person tends to access part of self that is more angry, and wants to remain in that place of anger without accessing that mature or nurturing part of self that may have a fresh perspective on catalyst. Could also be the opposite where person accesses part of self that is very nurturing or allowing (it's all OK, I'm going to be OK), to drown out the angery part of self that may shed light on the catalyst.

Unbound

Catalyst can't be avoided because everything is catalyst so "avoiding" it is really just the chosen method of processing it at that time, and when that choice is made new catalyst arises.
(08-16-2013, 06:12 PM)Tanner Wrote: [ -> ]Catalyst can't be avoided because everything is catalyst so "avoiding"
I believe she simply means not addressing particular catalyst.
learning through catalyst? is this not the same but explained another way ?.
The Path of Lamed is one of the most important paths on the Cabbalistic Tree. Like some earlier paths, it leads the journeyer back to the heart of the Tree and to the revelations of Tiphereth, but its occult significance and its closeness to the Divine Mystery of enlightenment is such that much of its Cabbalistic meaning remains hidden. Only initiates who have been suitably prepared and have experienced the Mystery may know the secrets.

All who approached the Mystery at Eleusis, for example, were required to have certain knowledge and to undergo special rituals. The revelation of the Mystery “opened their eyes” and they were enlightened, but the exact nature of that mystical revelation was so secret that still, after some two-and-a-half thousand years, it remains unknown. We know that the worshippers purified themselves in the sea and made a ritual sacrifice to the Goddess Demeter, and that their journey to the Sanctuary was made with much ceremony, with dance and with the cry, “Iaccus!”. Enlightenment, which marked initiation, was different for each individual. But, in any case, a vow of secrecy protected the Divine Mystery.

The same is true of many Cabbalistic, Hermetic, Alchemical and Magical associations, where to break the vow of secrecy is regarded (metaphorically) as the death of the initiate. Aleister Crowley, an initiate of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, therefore wrote of the Path of Lamed and the Tarot card of Strength in riddles, and in exhortations with obscure references to “rapture and vigour”, “ecstasy” and “grave mysteries”:

“Beauty and strength, leaping laughter and delicious languor, force and fire, are of us.”
“I am the Snake that giveth Knowledge and Delight and bright glory, to stir the hearts of men with drunkenness..”…
“Love one another with burning hearts… ”.
More plainly, he describes this card as “the most powerful of the Zodiacal cards, [it] represents the most critical of all the operations of magick and of alchemy”. (The Book of Thoth 92).

Ted certainly knew Crowley’s works; and obscure as Crowley’s interpretation of this path is, there are magical elements of it which may well lie behind the Birthday Letters poem, ‘God Help the Wolf after Whom the Dogs Do Not Bark’ (BL 26-7), which is the poem on the Path of Lamed in the Atziluthic World. Sylvia’s dancing and her great capacity for love pervade this poem, but the framing reference to the “mystery of hatred” in the first and last lines associates her with that same paradox of hatred which was aroused by the Divine love of those figures of religious Mysteries to whom Crowley refers – Osiris, Horus, Dionysus, Guatama Buddha and Christ. Ted’s purpose, it seems, was not to suggest that Sylvia herself was such a figure but that, as he writes in ‘The God’ (BL 188 - 191), she was like “a religious fanatic”, driven to offer to others that spiritual energy and that spark of Divine love which she carried within her.

Crowley’s explanatory notes for this particular card and Path also throw some light on the obscure second line of Ted’s poem: “After your billion years in anonymous matter”. Clearly this cannot literally refer to Sylvia, although it might be thought to refer to The Goddess and (as in other Birthday Letters poems) to Sylvia’s embodiment of her. Crowley’s notes support this interpretation. Following an explanation of “the magical doctrine of the succession of Aeons, which is connected with the procession of the Zodiac”, Crowley refers to a belief that our present Aeon is that in which “the Beast and the Scarlet Woman… of the Apocalypse” will appear. The Scarlet Woman is part of Zodiacal time and space – part of the billion years of anonymous matter. She is The Goddess. Crowley identifies her as “The Great Mother” and as “Love”, and he associates her with “the mystery of Dionysus Zagreus”. But she was revealed by St. John the Divine as “MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH [sic.]” (‘the Revelation’ 17:5), and she, too, was “promptly hated”.

If all this seems too esoteric or far-fetched, then is may be noted that Crowley also offers a more common explanation for the figure on the card of Strength, identifying her as the Moon Goddess, the Female essence represented in human form and shown in control of a wolf, or some other wild beast, which represents the animal passions within us.

The Cabbalistic meditations for this Path of Lamed1 are ‘The Woman justified’ and ‘By Equilibrium and Self Sacrifice is the Gate’. And, just as the figure on the card is female, the Path of Lamed is specifically associated in the Mysteries with Woman (with Demeter and Persephone, with the Shekinah, and with the Scarlet Woman) and with the relationship between human and Divine energies. At this stage of the journey, the Male energies of the previous Path are given form in the Divine passions embodied in the Female which, through the strength and judgement derived from Sephira 5 (Gevurah), may be brought into equilibrium at Sephira 62. Through control will come enlightenment and a rebirth which will release the Initiate’s full potential. But Lamed, the Ox-goad, indicates that the necessary strength for rebirth on this path will only be learned through the prick of pain.

In some respects, one approaching initiation on this Path is still the Fool and, so, may express his or her passions too freely. And uncontrolled passions, and especially uncontrolled love, commonly bring exploitation, abuse, censure, rejection, jealousy and hatred to the Foolish. The sorrow which results from this is the spur of pain, the ox-goad, which should teach understanding and restraint. But control of the Wolf energies is not an easy or comfortable lesson to learn.

Such is the Cabbalistic background to ‘God Help the Wolf after Whom the Dogs Do Not Bark’.

The original title for this poem was ‘A Little Touch of Timon’3, which suggests that Ted initially wanted to make an analogy between Shakespeare’s Timon (of Timon of Athens) and the hatred which his generosity and love eventually aroused in those who received it, and Sylvia and the “mystery of hatred” which she meets in this poem. But the title under which the poem now appears in Birthday Letters is a parable, akin to a response Ted once made to Daniel Weissbort who was commiserating with him over the “outcry” his every move provoked, and over the way “The Scholars band together / fortifying the narrow view”: “Pity the man”, Ted muttered, “whom all men love”4.

Wolf pictureWolves have a long history in myth, folk-lore and religion, of representing the animal passions in human beings5 and, as I discuss in ‘Wolf Masks’6, Ted’s belief in the essential value of such wolf-energies and in the need for them in our world and in us was constantly expressed in his work. The Wolf in Sylvia, then, was the energies which she embodied and which, as her journals often show, she expressed too freely and needed to learn to control. But these same energies were what drove her to seek her true Self through her poetic Self: without them she would have achieved nothing. So, Sylvia’s Wolf needed to be controlled but not subdued to the extent that it lost its wolfishness: its energies were “the gifts” with which she “tried [her] utmost to reach and touch” others, and they were essential to her quest. But the dogs which barked after her, were those people to whom she felt closest: people whose responses to her shaped her self-image, and whose disapproval and hatred caused her the most pain.

At first, in the poem, Sylvia’s gift of love is seen as childishly (Foolishly) indiscriminate – as something which she gave passionately to “every visitor to the house”. Then, child-like, she dances as if to keep her father alive with her love; as if her own spirit could “sweeten” and tame his bitterness and be part of his death. Her failure to keep him alive, or to join him in death, is then seen as a complete loss of self: where once there was anger and bitterness which required her sweetening dance, there was now nothing but silence. Her sorrow drove her to find a new self – a new reason for dancing - but her sense of emptiness and loss became a panic over loss of time in that very search.

‘God help the Wolf… ‘ takes up and elaborates on Sylvia’s search for Self, and it is useful to read of Ted’s own concept of the poetic Self and a poet’s search for that Self in the essay which he wrote in 1988 as a tribute to T.S. Eliot. The essay was originally titled A Dancer to God (Faber, 1992), and in it Ted traces in Eliot’s work a spiritual quest driven by the passionate Divine spark of Eliot’s inner poetic double. Not only does the essay’s title reflect the image of Sylvia’s dancing which dominates ‘God Help the Wolf… ’, but Ted’s statement in the essay that “we live in the translation, where what had been religious and centred in God is psychological and centred on the idea of self – albeit a self which remains a measureless question mark” is also very applicable to Sylvia; and his poem ends with her still “floundering”, still trying to “save” herself, still trying to answer that very question.
Did you want to attribute Dr Skea with that large quote?
(08-16-2013, 11:32 AM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]I have written about my myopia in another thread; and there has been significant progress in the last 2, 2 and 1/2 years. It definitely has not been getting worse! In fact, I am able to work at my work screen without the use of glasses, where previously this was not possible. The improvements (in the positive direction) are as equally evident as the loss of sight previously.

I remember reading about your condition. That's pretty impressive..glad to hear it! With the technological boom in the 1900's, there has been a shift from physical to mental energy I think. People incarnate with the luxury of comfort, able to advance their consciousness to an extent, but life is hard work that requires effort and maintenance. I too have my own slight aches and pains, and I feel if I become more active in my community they should go away. Perhaps that's something to consider for yourself also, if you haven't already.

"The abilities of the most finely honed mentality shall not be known without the use of the physical vehicle which you call the body."

I should add that there doesn't necessarily have to be a mystical explanation or solution. Actions have consequences, and so when you simply pay attention and respect the body, it will respond. I had a slight condition go away once I recognized what I was doing to cause it..I was simply overlooking something.
Is the fear before some animals/insects can be considered as the programmed catalyst? How to determine the real reasons of why it has appeared and what here should be concluded?
(08-18-2013, 08:44 AM)Seeker of the One Wrote: [ -> ]Is the fear before some animals/insects can be considered as the programmed catalyst? How to determine the real reasons of why it has appeared and what here should be concluded?
I don't think catalyst exists without experience. We have genetic, social and personal dispositions for interpreting experience. And that is certainly part of our programming to presumably create an as efficient as possible opportunity for balancing that which needs to be addressed. There is nothing really that demands our attention in an emotional manner which arises from a balanced viewpoint.
I've been very not present when I eat food lately... due to this, I've been biting the inside of my cheek more and more.
I can't answer the OP question, but the parallel thread on Meditation gave me a hint to let in catalyst info during Med that I hope will do me some good. So thanks for that!
(08-16-2013, 12:14 PM)Diana Wrote: [ -> ]I've been avoiding catalyst successfully since I began working from home a long time ago, and became a cave-dwelling recluse. Tongue

(08-14-2013, 11:42 AM)BrownEye Wrote: [ -> ]I did some pretty stupid crap when I was younger. Noticed that there was a power keeping me out of harms way. Eventually I sobered enough to take life seriously. If this did not happen I assume I would have eventually been allowed to experience the consequences of my own idiocy.

I've seen this in a different light lately. The general perception is that young people are reckless because they aren't wise enough to know they are mortal. (This is supported by the fact that the frontal lobe isn't fully developed until a person is into their twenties, and sometimes not until the late twenties.)

However, I think it may be just the opposite. That young people have the innate sense of immortality, and through conditioning discard this knowing for the "safer" belief in mortality.

Possible. For me there may have been an unconscious knowledge that nothing could harm me. While we can choose to harm ourselves, it does not appear that we can end our incarnations out of free will. If the lessons can still be learned with an amount of damage or suffering, then we are allowed to cause our own suffering. I am finding that for some the body itself needs to be kept fully viable and so is not allowed to be permanently damaged.
(08-24-2013, 01:32 PM)BrownEye Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-16-2013, 12:14 PM)Diana Wrote: [ -> ]I've been avoiding catalyst successfully since I began working from home a long time ago, and became a cave-dwelling recluse. Tongue

Possible. For me there may have been an unconscious knowledge that nothing could harm me. While we can choose to harm ourselves, it does not appear that we can end our incarnations out of free will. If the lessons can still be learned with an amount of damage or suffering, then we are allowed to cause our own suffering. I am finding that for some the body itself needs to be kept fully viable and so is not allowed to be permanently damaged.

I agree the body not only needs to be kept viable within the context of the life plan, but also respected as a life-form. I had an experience of becoming almost transparent once, and my car looking as though it was inside another car, when someone would have hit me in an intersection. I just (slowly in a trance-like state) drove through the car and away. This suggested to me that I was kept from harm, just as you said.
When we choose to be unaware of what we do not desire but need it to acquire what we do desire, we are avoiding catalyst.
I wonder how much of my catalyst is programmed by me, and how much is from the sub-Logos.
Why not both being one and the same?
Quote:what are the ways in which we avoid catalyst?

By earning a graduate degree in master baiting.
I just found this excellent thread and thought i'd bring it up again.
It also reflects the catalyst i'm experiencingheavily in this forum Smile

In my opinion, catalyst is one of the main reasons we incarnate here, it will provide us with enormous opportunity to grow.
So the avoidance of dealing with catalyst would be a great waste.

I also think, this is possibly one of the subjects in the LOO which is most open to misinterpretation.
The first effect of catalyst is that of emotion. Usually very unpleasant emotion.

The avoidance usually refers to the avoidance of emotions, avoidance of painful emotions.
One could easily interpret the Ra material in a manner, that catalyst has to be "thought" about.
I would say, yes, catalyst has also to be thought about, but if one is unwilling to deal with the emotions, centuries of thinking will not solve the catalyst.
No knowledge of the self will be gained when disregarding the emotions.

As has been wisely stated in a post above, many spiritual seekers tend to overanalyze catalyst and spiritual matter heavily, tending to abstract philosophical and theoretical viewing of all issues.
This woul be a perfect example of avoidance, since not many things (except heavy medication probably) would seperate one more from the experience of emotions and the self.

Much of the theoretical and philosophical debate has been refered to as "wisdom", as if it would indicate the fith density where wisdom is being focussed on.
I think its far away from that.
5th density wisdom comes is being worked on AFTER one has complete "access" to love and compassion.
Not being willing to face one's emotion would surely indicate a severe lack of love and compassion for the self.
Probably the only wisdom that can be gained by intellectualization is the realization that it is a basic 3d issue, the fear of facing one's emotion by all means.
Admittedly this overgeneralized.

In my experience, once the basic decision is made to really face one's deeper emotions, each situation that causes suffering serves as fuel for the "inner flame", making it shine brighter with each issue one "successfully" went through.
It also become easier each time.
And most of all, if one solves these issues heart opening will occur by itself and the access to intelligent infinity will come more often and "reliable".

It would like to add, not only painful emotions are being resisted frequently, also pleasant emotions and even "love" itself can make one resist heavily...
(01-19-2017, 03:49 AM)Agua del Cielo Wrote: [ -> ]I just found this excellent thread and thought i'd bring it up again.
It also reflects the catalyst i'm experiencingheavily in this forum Smile

In my opinion, catalyst is one of the main reasons we incarnate here, it will provide us with enormous opportunity to grow.
So the avoidance of dealing with catalyst would be a great waste.

I also think, this is possibly one of the subjects in the LOO which is most open to misinterpretation.
The first effect of catalyst is that of emotion. Usually very unpleasant emotion.

The avoidance usually refers to the avoidance of emotions, avoidance of painful emotions.
One could easily interpret the Ra material in a manner, that catalyst has to be "thought" about.
I would say, yes, catalyst has also to be thought about, but if one is unwilling to deal with the emotions, centuries of thinking will not solve the catalyst.
No knowledge of the self will be gained when disregarding the emotions.

As has been wisely stated in a post above, many spiritual seekers tend to overanalyze catalyst and spiritual matter heavily, tending to abstract philosophical and theoretical viewing of all issues.
This woul be a perfect example of avoidance, since not many things (except heavy medication probably) would seperate one more from the experience of emotions and the self.

Much of the theoretical and philosophical debate has been refered to as "wisdom", as if it would indicate the fith density where wisdom is being focussed on.
I think its far away from that.
5th density wisdom comes is being worked on AFTER one has complete "access" to love and compassion.
Not being willing to face one's emotion would surely indicate a severe lack of love and compassion for the self.
Probably the only wisdom that can be gained by intellectualization is the realization that it is a basic 3d issue, the fear of facing one's emotion by all means.
Admittedly this overgeneralized.

In my experience, once the basic decision is made to really face one's deeper emotions, each situation that causes suffering serves as fuel for the "inner flame", making it shine brighter with each issue one "successfully" went through.
It also become easier each time.
And most of all, if one solves these issues heart opening will occur by itself and the access to intelligent infinity will come more often and "reliable".

It would like to add, not only painful emotions are being resisted frequently, also pleasant emotions and even "love" itself can make one resist heavily...
Thank you for bringing this thread up. Quite a treasure
Not facing your fears.
To identify catalysis first you need to identify distortions.
The things that cause emotional and mental pain.
When you aren't doing anything to change your situation.
Unused catalyst.
Grumpy old person that gets cancer.

I think...
Pages: 1 2 3