Bring4th

Full Version: The Animals on the Great Way of the Spirit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Look at the symbolism behind each animal (and the woman) while regarding their orientation towards the left or right, up and down, diagonally.

Realize the feminity and masculinity of both sides; how masculine (positive) gives and how feminine (negative) receives. Notice how the masculine animals are on the right-side of the card and how the feminine ones are on the left.

The goat is very key here. Often a symbol of Satanism, yet why is it on the right-side of the card? A goat is often a sacrificial animal, burned in hopes of various ascensions granted by higher beings. The top-right lion represents masculine ambition while the lower-left vulture hedonistically awaits death of its prey.

Now ponder the woman in regards to all of this. Look to her opposite towards the lower-right, the goat -- sacrifice. If the goat is sacrifice, what is she? Why is she on the upper-left and pointing towards the right? What is the siginificance of her head-dressing? Is she royality? Does she like luxury?

This will unlock further knowledge in the whole deck. Peace.

[Image: DlZatCO.jpg]
Yep it is quite significant. Lately I have been looking at it more closely and found more correlation.

Specifically the evolution of mammals and reptiles. Mammals generally being seen as representations of the right or positive and reptiles to the left or negative. It is believed mammals came from reptiles but the exacts are not known.

The thing I want to point out is more specifically in the evolution of mammals. I read a journal the other day about the importance of a specific hormone in the evolution of mammals. This is Prolactin and DHEA.

Quote:Increased prolactin and dehydroepiandrosterone may have increased survival of animals during the late Cretaceous period. This survival advantage is due to increased and continuous body temperature. This is the rise of endothermic animals and animals that could synchronize reproduction with the most propitious time for growth and development of offspring. That is, as melatonin production decreases as sunlight increase, DHEA production would increase during times of overall warmth. Therefore, the extra DHEA could be used more for growth and development, rather than for heat production as the earth increased in warmth and sunlight.
http://anthropogeny.com/Hormones%20in%20...lution.htm

You see the contrast in melatonin and DHEA. dark/light, time/space. Melatonin being the hormone secreted from the pineal gland and is reptilian in nature. ( In reptiles and birds the pineal is close to the skin and needs no interaction with the eye to register day/night cycles (this is where the notion of the 'third eye" comes from). In these animals, the pineal gland is the master clock.)(http://www.wayfinding.net/pineal.htm)

So mammals evolved as perhaps a genetic modification of reptiles, (the reptile as a 2nd density form) then within the mammals the ones more suited to 3rd density life continually evolved with further modification from both yahweh and orion. I assume what Ra means from genetic modification is the process of the most suited adaptations eventually winning out,

Quote:18.17 Questioner: Can you tell me the difference between the… the sexual programming, let us say, prior to Yahweh’s intervention and after intervention?
Ra: I am Ra. This is a question which we can only answer by stating that intervention by genetic means is the same no matter what the source of this change.

All in all shows you how even specific hormones in the body correlate to much larger terms such as positive/negative and time/space. And even in the workings of these hormones you see the interplay with light and dark.
The animals each correspond to an astrological sign -- specifically the cardinal signs. Each is therefore a symbol of an element. Lion (Leo) - fire, Eagle (Scorpio) - water, Man (Aquarius) - air, Bull (Taurus) - earth. This interpretation of these animals is very, very widely accepted among occultists. In the dynamic form of an animal, they each represent one of the four seasons of experience. This cycle is often referred to thus, "To know, to dare, to will, to be silent."

It is also worth mentioning that the sphinx is composed of these four animals.
See: On the Powers of the Sphinx
thanks for the info Joseph.

much appreciated Smile
(08-26-2013, 04:57 PM)JustLikeYou Wrote: [ -> ]The animals each correspond to an astrological sign -- specifically the cardinal signs. Each is therefore a symbol of an element. Lion (Leo) - fire, Eagle (Scorpio) - water, Man (Aquarius) - air, Bull (Taurus) - earth. This interpretation of these animals is very, very widely accepted among occultists. In the dynamic form of an animal, they each represent one of the four seasons of experience. This cycle is often referred to thus, "To know, to dare, to will, to be silent."

It is also worth mentioning that the sphinx is composed of these four animals.
See: On the Powers of the Sphinx

But it can't possibly be merely ornamental and mystical. There is a meaning here.

Also, I don't trust most occultists in interpreting anything.

Also, the bird is a vulture and the supposed "bull" is a goat. Thus I disagree. The meaning is simply not that shallow.
Leo, Scorpio (if it's eagle it's higher vibration of scorpio), Aquarius, and Taurus are all fixed signs. Unlike the mutable signs (ever changing, adapting) and cardinal signs (starting, initiating), the fixed signs maintain and give order to things. I read in one site that the astrological symbols mean Courage, Preserverance, Wisdom, and Love. The qualities necessary to balance us.

Forgot to put: cardinal, mutable, and fixed is considered a cycle. There is initial energy (cardinal) that instigates change (mutable), which is then maintained to create stability/order (fixed).
I will concede to possible astrological relation; however, it must be noted the bird has the beak of the vulture.

The meaning is not so simple and not so ornamental. These cards are not mystical to their core.

There is nothing truly occult about this. There is truth. There is knowledge.
Thanks, rie. I couldn't remember if they were fixed or cardinal, so i took a stab without researching. :-)

(08-26-2013, 08:18 PM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]I will concede to possible astrological relation; however, it must be noted the bird has the beak of the vulture.

The meaning is not so simple and not so ornamental. These cards are not mystical to their core.

There is nothing truly occult about this. There is truth. There is knowledge.

There is nothing simple and ornamental about occult symbolism. If you do not respect the occult traditions, perhaps you have not dug deeply enough to find traditions which merit respect. The occult traditions seek truth and knowledge, just as you do. Why disregard then so readily?

Also, what makes you think that these cards are perfect representations of Ra's intentions? My cards have precisely these animals on them, and they are the cards sanctioned by Ra.

Your own personal experience is the only standard by which you can truly assess the interpretation of these symbols. Each archetype is an energy. Look for that energy on your experience. When you find it, return to the symbols. Then you will have a better idea of how to interpret them. Repeat this process over and over and you will approach mastery.
Heh. All I know is the majority of the occult community has an unusuable understanding of these cards, merely writing stories and musings about each one.

These archetypal cards are philosophical, practical classifications of reality. The understanding has been simply lost over the centuries. The internet is only beginning to have an understanding, if you can even call it that.

"To know, to dare, to will, to be silent."

There might be truth to that phrase but it goes deeper. There is a concise, easy understanding to be found here. This is not transcendent wisdom of some mystical guru.

I don't follow tradition. I follow my own rationality and intuition. I will overthrow established doctrine when I find it to be incorrect. The internet has been shown to be full of faulty doctrine in this regard.
Then you will be doomed to reinventing the wheel over and over. I know because I've done it. There is a reason they say that you must learn the rules before you break them. By no means do i recommend "following" a tradition. But i do highly recommend learning one. As Nietzsche said, "use and use up your convictions."

And the internet is not what I'm referring to when i speak about occult traditions. I am fond, for example, of Dion Fortune and Gareth Knight.
(08-26-2013, 09:35 PM)JustLikeYou Wrote: [ -> ]Then you will be doomed to reinventing the wheel over and over.

This gives far too much reverence to the failing institutions of knowledge that cover this planet, especially academia.

Humanity has been proven wrong at its very foundation over and over again. The same applies here given that Ra has not even fully spelled out the archetypes which should give some hint to their full potential.

There is no standard here. I will only hope the literature over this century will begin to spell things plainly.

I am a practitioner of the principles of chaos magick myself, which gives some insight to my attitude here, heh.

Anyways, I must express that I love you dearly, my friend. Thank you for being here.
(08-27-2013, 11:56 PM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-26-2013, 09:35 PM)JustLikeYou Wrote: [ -> ]Then you will be doomed to reinventing the wheel over and over.
There is no standard here. I will only hope the literature over this century will begin to spell things plainly.

All the information is there it simply lacks a unifying theory that makes sense and is applicable to all on this earth. That in a sense is what the Ra material does to a lesser scale.

We are only young and have the increased understanding to make a difference if we choose to. Using frustration as an excuse to act leads only to more frustration.
(08-28-2013, 03:59 AM)Sagittarius Wrote: [ -> ]

That in a sense is what the Ra material does to a lesser scale.

An overstatement. Heh.
(08-28-2013, 08:29 AM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-28-2013, 03:59 AM)Sagittarius Wrote: [ -> ]

That in a sense is what the Ra material does to a lesser scale.

An overstatement. Heh.

Possibly a little. Try citing him as a source though. I meant it more in terms of exposure. I would imagine wanderers to be the bulk of people exposed to Ra.
(08-28-2013, 08:50 AM)Sagittarius Wrote: [ -> ]I would imagine wanderers to be the bulk of people exposed to Ra.

I resonate strongly with this statement. Wanderers are also more likely to study the Law of One, instead of simply glimpsing it.
(08-26-2013, 08:03 PM)rie Wrote: [ -> ]There is initial energy (cardinal) that instigates change (mutable), which is then maintained to create stability/order (fixed).

(08-26-2013, 09:09 PM)JustLikeYou Wrote: [ -> ]Each archetype is an energy. Look for that energy on your experience.
Since I enjoy the obvious humor hidden within the English language, I shall share my jokes here.BigSmile

Definition of ARC
1: the apparent path described above and below the horizon by a celestial body (as the sun)
3: a sustained luminous discharge of electricity across a gap in a circuit or between electrodes
6: a continuous progression or line of development

Electric Arc
n. A luminous discharge of current that is formed when a strong current jumps a gap in a circuit or between two electrodes.

Definition of Type
1. a kind, class, or category, the constituents of which share similar characteristics
2. a subdivision of a particular class of things or people; sort
3. the general form, plan, or design distinguishing a particular group
4. Informal a person who typifies a particular quality
5. Informal a person, esp of a specified kind
Quick notes.

That is not a goat, it's a bull.

The mystery schools roughly states:

The Bull works the Lion so that the Lion grow wings. The Eagle works the Bull so that the Bull grow wings. Man works the Eagle so that the Eagle grow wings. Man works the Man so that he may be an Angel.

I may have to check back on a book to see if I remember this correctly but the jist is the transgression of spirit through states of being steeped in symbology several layers deep. However, I seem to remember a scorpion in the mix as well.

Not being at home, I can't check it right now. Hope it helps anyway ^^.
thanks Chicken!

talk to you in chat BigSmile
I am not sold on the modern astrological perspective being the one that was had when this card was made. I will be coming back to this thread in the future... Once I've found the answers directly from time/space.

Unbound

Seems to me to the same as the Cherubic animals or "Living Creatures" seen to be guardians of the Throne of God or sometimes represented as his "chariot" or vehicle of motion.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/chr/tbr/tbr023.htm

Also notice that the center has a fish with wings. Fish is a symbol commonly associated with Jesus, but also refers to much more ancient symbolism.

Of note is as a vehicle for reincarnation or as the Great Mother or womb.

http://www.godlessgeeks.com/LINKS/fish_symbol.htm

Oh, and though I am pretty sure that is a bull and not a goat, the sacrifice of goats is often tied back to the mention of Azazel whom the Hebrews sacrificed a goat to in order to calm or quell him, possibly identifying him as a desert demon of sorts. There are, of course, many traditions where they may have sacrificed goats.

However, the concept of sacrifice has been twisted, I believe, as I think that most talk of sacrifice in ancient scriptures is symbolic of the natures, especially animal natures, in humans themselves. One of the ways in which the Zodiac can be understood is as archetypes of the composite animal of man and so in many texts where they refer to sacrifice of these animals it was not literal but metaphorical.

Blood itself is an ancient symbol of spirit or the divine life energy in all things, so the metaphorical sacrifice of an animal in this context indicates the releasing of divine energy that is bound up in the animal nature. The sacrifice allows the spirit of that animal to "purify" or free the energies of the individual through the release of attachment from the animal natures.

Of course, you could sacrifice an animal and gain a release of energy literally, but I do not think that would be at all the same of what it would mean within the individual as a philosophical or magical expression. I think a lot of actual sacrifice came from the misinterpretation of this concept.

http://archive.org/stream/initiatesofflame00hall
The animals could also relate to the 4 ages of humanity, as depicted in the Hendaye Cross.

http://sacredmysteries.com/jayweidner.co...ndaye2.jpg

(top left image with the 4 A's)

In the book The Mystery of the Cathedrals, Fulcanelli describes this monument as depicting the "end times" and the images and inscriptions corresponding to astrological phenomena.  In the book, The Mysteries of the Great Cross of Hendaye: Alchemy and the End of Time, the authors suggest this is an event coming from the center of the galaxy

In the tarot card, we see 4 animals that can be represented as different ages. In Revelations, St. John in his vision of the end times describes, "a sea of glass like unto crystal:  and in the midst of the throne and round about the throne, were four beasts full of eyes before and behind.  And the first beast was like a lion, and the second beast like a calf and the third beast had a face as a man, and the fourth beasts was like a flying eagle".

Ezekiel, too, had a similar vision - "And I looked, and behold...a great cloud, and a fire infolding itself and a brightness was about it, and out of the midst thereof as the color of amber, out of the midst of the fire.  Also out of the midst thereof came the likeness of four living creatures... As for the likeness of the faces, they four had the faces of a man, and the face of a lion, on the right side; and they four had the face of an ox on the left side; they four had the face of an eagle".

The bird in the center can be seen as the cross.