Bring4th

Full Version: Left ear negative greeting.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Came across this on reddit today, thought some of you may find it useful.

Quote:Healthy people tend to underestimate their risk of future misfortune, a phenomenon known as ‘unrealistic optimism’. A new study indicates that this tendency can be weakened by pouring cold water into a person’s left ear.
http://www.journals.elsevier.com/cortex/...-optimism/

Interesting, seams that it stimulates an area of the brain the " right inferior frontal gyrus" which is apart of the brains frontal lobes. Increased activity in this area cause higher risk aversion. This being why people tend to show unrealistic optimism when the water is poured into there left ear.

That area is also implicated in go/no go tasks. Sounds to me like it has a lot to do with appraising fear or fear of risk.

Anyway the next time I get a left ear tone I will analyse my thoughts and see if there is any correlation with what I'am thinking about or how I feel about what I'am thinking about.

Unbound

Ah, modern medicine, making healthy people seem like they are crazy. This baffles me, as I do not understand the incessant need to project negative possibilities in to the self and out in to the environment.

Obviously optimism is crazy, crazy I tell you!

Bat

I would say listening to your last thought is probably the best idea when it comes to ear tones. I have started to see sparks of light for maybe just for a second and i am using them as a type of synchronicity.

Aloysius

(09-01-2013, 03:33 AM)Tanner Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, modern medicine, making healthy people seem like they are crazy. This baffles me, as I do not understand the incessant need to project negative possibilities in to the self and out in to the environment.

Obviously optimism is crazy, crazy I tell you!

Lol that sounds like crazy talk Tanner! Tongue
Interesting article Sagt. cheers
(09-01-2013, 05:52 AM)Bat Wrote: [ -> ]I would say listening to your last thought is probably the best idea when it comes to ear tones. I have started to see sparks of light for maybe just for a second and i am using them as a type of synchronicity.

I went through a period of seeing sparks of light very regularly and in increasing numbers. I found out what they were whilst listening to a online book on youtube. I think it was something to do with the integration of the self? or integrating with other selves? or perhaps it was work with your social memory complex ? dang either way here's the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7l0cJL7e4w

I'm certain it was one of the later parts but if you can hack the voice there is some interesting information in this book.
Flashers (sparks) could have something to do with your retina and ear tones may have something to do with wax buildup or tinnitus (e.g., ear infections). Very normal for people to experience those and not always 'metaphysical' in meaning. Sometmes I don't think at all and my ear rings.

Re: unrealistic optimism, it could be that other functions within prefrontal is not moderating activity in the right inferior frontal gyrus thus optimism is unchecked to 'reality'. Not sure what this has to do with ear tones tho. Ra said that the frontal lobe plays a role in creativity, joy, and happiness and it turns out Ra is very correct (it's so exciting when Ra's teachings could be verified thru science!). When studying the brain of a monk who meditated on compassion, scientist found that his right frontal area was very active, moderating the rest of the frontal lobe, temporal lobe, and the lymbic system (the emotional center) that may otherwise influence how stimuli is interpreted. Unrealistic optimism is another form of cognitive distortion (overestimation bias). The mind-body connection is complex so I would not deduce a person's tendency to brain functions... at best it is a partial explanation of something that goes beyond physiological activities. As you get older you probably become more cautious and pesimistic bc you have lots of experiences in life where you can use learned information to understand reaction to whatever is happening. Younger people tend to be more optimistic in an unrealistic way bc their hardwiring in the brain has yet to integrate information and experience. Therefore, (for example), younger people take more risks bc they think they are invincible and overestimate their abilities to complete something in a satisfactory way. Experience is what affords such discernment (or perhaps unhealthy pesimissm lol).
When I was young I was scared to take risks. I didn't really compete in competitive sports, although I was on a football team for one semester early high school. I didn't do well because I was scared of taking the ball for fear of being tackled. I try not to be overly optimistic, but I realize that everything is ultimately ok, according to Ra. But that's viewed from 6D so of course everything is ok. Here in 3D not everything is cool. Too much duality. I signed up for a hard school. It's hard to accept the atrocities in life. But I have my dog to love, and that brings me comfort. I feel bad for the world's poverty. I have a ringing in both ears at the same time and same intensity. It happens when I get focused on spiritual matters. Usually they'll both be the same strength.
I got a left-ear tone just yesterday and I could immediately identify which thought triggered it.
The flip side of the duality is that it can be simply adorable.
I think it just sucks feeling separated cause you may be the only one close to you with the comprehension and sensitivity you've developed.
Those tones can be nearly debilitating sometimes, but it's an appreciable gesture!
I mean, with infinite choices potential at all times, it's not easy to be the choosing one right?
I used to be ultra-emotionally sensitive when first working with Ra. It was too adorable for words. Ra showed me what it felt like to die, and go through time/space for awhile. It was a nice ride.
Adding to what has been said about "flashers" potentialy being seen as not metaphysical in nature it may be of interest that many are becoming able to see pranic energy which to my physical / etheric vision appears as a golden lightning which almost looks sperm like while crossing the eye and plasma as well as ether (especially violet). This phenomena I would distinguish from dead skin cells passing in front of the eye or random electrical neural impulse firing. Frequencies or tinnitus. Both seem possible indeed.