Bring4th

Full Version: The Compounding of Emotions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have noticed in myself that sometimes very difficult emotions have a way of 'compounding'.

by that, I mean, for eg, if one is angry or given to anger over a period of time, one eventually becomes 'angry' about being 'angry'. One is not actually experiencing the anger directly about something ... but has compounded the anger onto itself.

in my case, growing up under a more Eastern Family influence (chinese/hong kong in this case), shame is a prevalent theme in these cultures. So for me, the emotional issue was 'shame about being ashamed lol'. When the emotions compound in this way, it becomes a tightly knit ball that is quite difficult to unpack.

in the west, I would venture to say that guilt is the common corollary for 'shame' (guilt usually installed by the christian church). and one can eventually become 'guilty about being guilty' - or a guilty conscience for no reason at all!

fear about fear is also a compounding.

- -

but yeah, these things can take some time to unpack, and to realise they are not a 'given' about one's personality and can be changed given enough understanding and effort.
This is awesome!

Ever noticed feeling guilty about not feeling guilty before? Christian doctrine was good at doing that to me.
Hush little baby dont say a word, Mama's going to buy you a mocking bird.
Why doesn't joy/happiness compound as easily?

Unbound

I have some mad compressed anger starting to push its way out of me.
I don't get mad or angry much. I'm sometimes sad though. And sometimes I have fears. But they don't really compound to me. I also get frustrated at times.
(09-06-2013, 10:31 AM)Steppenwolf Wrote: [ -> ]Why doesn't joy/happiness compound as easily?

It does though. Just seams different because we don't give as much significance to the joy/happiness. Even for adepts, we know the negative feelings are the ones we really need to pay attention to so sometimes you can get lost in them.
I get little moments of excitement from within when I am doing new things like reading this forum, or thinking about getting a cup of coffee or getting harvested. But they are fleeting.
So then...why not compound joy and love? The mechanism is no different.
(09-06-2013, 07:43 PM)Turtle Wrote: [ -> ]So then...why not compound joy and love? The mechanism is no different.

there's that nasty thing called catalyst which usually acts as a disruptor to whatever state of consciousness we happen to be experiencing. Catalyst is inherent destablising, and while it can last a short time (under 30 seconds) or a long time (years even), the even flow of consciousness normally associated with joy is temporarily offline. (that's been my experience anyway).

the seeking of love is another matter though ... it can be consciously and deliberately 'seen'; as per Ra's famous exercise:

Quote:10.14 Questioner: For general development [of the] reader of this book, could you state some of the practices or exercises to perform to produce an acceleration toward the Law of One?

Ra: I am Ra.

Exercise One. This is the most nearly centered and usable within your illusion complex.

The moment contains love. That is the lesson/goal of this illusion or density.

The exercise is to consciously seek that love in awareness and understanding distortions.

The first attempt is the cornerstone.

Upon this choosing rests the remainder of the life-experience of an entity. The second seeking of love within the moment begins the addition. The third seeking powers the second, the fourth powering or doubling the third. As with the previous type of empowerment, there will be some loss of power due to flaws within the seeking in the distortion of insincerity. However, the conscious statement of self to self of the desire to seek love is so central an act of will that, as before, the loss of power due to this friction is inconsequential.

but yeah, through the repeated process of 'seeking the love in the moment' the calling is indeed 'compounded'.

so let us seek! and seek well :grin:
Meta-emotions are interesting indeed. Happy about feeling happy, sad about feeling sad, shameful about feeling shame. Of course a more complex matrix can occur with shameful about feeling happy about feeling sad, for example.

I see no problem in them as is but many people get trapped in emotion matrices. Enjoy the ride, though ^^.
(09-06-2013, 08:11 PM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]but yeah, through the repeated process of 'seeking the love in the moment' the calling is indeed 'compounded'.

That's all you need to remember...repetition. You process the catalyst which has brought you something to work with and integrate within yourself, and then you remember joy, and attune yourself back to it. Eventually...you'll find...that even when faced with some new catalyst that is very 'dark' or 'troubling' or even 'dramatic' that you will no longer feel it as such, and instead will be engaging the situation with earnest and leading others along the way.
(09-06-2013, 11:58 PM)ChickenInSpace Wrote: [ -> ]Meta-emotions are interesting indeed.

cool term Chicken. melikes!!

- -

(09-07-2013, 12:57 AM)Turtle Wrote: [ -> ]That's all you need to remember...repetition. You process the catalyst which has brought you something to work with and integrate within yourself, and then you remember joy, and attune yourself back to it. Eventually...you'll find...that even when faced with some new catalyst that is very 'dark' or 'troubling' or even 'dramatic' that you will no longer feel it as such, and instead will be engaging the situation with earnest and leading others along the way.

yeah, I fully agree brother!

through careful and persistent work, the baseline level of consciousness (+awareness) is lifted upwards, and even in 'dark times' or 'difficulties' its not as bad as it once was. One is able to maintain some form of 'perspective' or 'vision' even when caught in the stormy sea of catalyst.

here's to the lifeboat of joy!! BigSmile

plenum