Bring4th

Full Version: In Star Wars, it seems followers of the LOO were exiled from the Jedi.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tongue

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Potentium

Quote:Counter to millennia of Jedi teachings, the followers of Potentium claimed that there was no inherent evil in viewing the Force. They claimed that what others called the light side of the Force was actually just the Force itself, which was inherently good. This was backed up by the fact that Ashla, the ancient name of the Force, came later to describe the light side. What others therefore called the dark side was a perversion of the Force, twisted by those who used it.

Believers of Potentium said that the potential for light and dark sides resided in the user, not the Force itself,and that the Jedi are merely afraid to explore the full potential of the Force.They also thought that the Jedi Masters refused to believe in the Potentium view because it would mean the Jedi were not needed to fight evil, for evil would not exist. And since there was no dark side, there were no dark side actions or Force techniques; in effect any action, good or evil, could be performed without risk as long as the intent was not evil. Some Jedi theorized that the Potentium may have originated as a Sith scheme to subvert Jedi teachings.

About a century before the Battle of Naboo, the followers of Potentium were expelled from the Jedi Order, parallel to the Jedi Order's treatment of Gray Jedi as "misguided." Yoda and the rest of the Jedi High Council did not consider them Dark Jedi, but they said it was the duty of the Jedi to use the Force to protect others, not study its absolute limits. The Council said that testing the Force to its limits would lead to the dark side.

It should be noted that some followers of the Potentium still attempted to avoid the dark side. They, however, saw the dark side as something within themselves to be avoided, not something in the Force. They reasoned that if the Force was the energy that flows through all life, the dark side simply came from the corruption of humanity. They felt that if they could be perfectly moral, they could be immune to the dark side and therefore use any technique they wanted. This view is somewhat similar to the Unifying Force theory of the Force.
That still teaches duality.
Even the Jedi have their flaws...
lol...this Potentium thing from Star Wars is close, but doesn't quite hit the mark. But it was cool to read either way, thanks for sharing!
"Doesn't quite hit the mark". Sometimes you can't even be wrong.
Interesting, I haven't read any star wars lore except for the movies and I remember when I was younger I would fantasize about being a neutral jedi who had mastery of both sides of the force who would keep to himself except in the event of the dark side gaining to much power.
(09-09-2013, 08:55 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]"Doesn't quite hit the mark". Sometimes you can't even be wrong.

:exclamation:

I sense a disturbance in the force...!!!

(09-09-2013, 09:05 PM)Sagittarius Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting, I haven't read any star wars lore except for the movies and I remember when I was younger I would fantasize about being a neutral jedi who had mastery of both sides of the force who would keep to himself except in the event of the dark side gaining to much power.

Gray Jedi always appealed strongly to me as a concept once I first heard about it years ago. Ooohh, sometimes I imagine being a Gray Jedi hosting a private tournament between Jedi and Sith, and just whoopin' ass on the winner of both sides, and then totally not caring about winning at all and just inviting them all over for dinner...and imagining how perturbed they would all be, especially because they couldn't touch me because I AM THE FORCE!!!!!! or something.

Brittany

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools."