Bring4th

Full Version: Disappointed Expectations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Disappointed Expectations is a part of 3d life. It happens.

Disappointed Expectations happen where we have a mental plan or scenario in our minds, and then the reality of 'life' fails to live up to it. We expected things to be 'this way', and it turned out to be 'that way'.

part of the maturation process is to realise when this is happening, and to own up to it - to say, hey, it was me that set up these Expectations of reality in the first place, and if someone else, or a situation, or a group of people fail to live up to it, then its my place to adjust my viewpoint to the 'reality' of the situation, and then work with it constructively.

if this shift in attitude doesn't happen, we are stuck with a certain bitterness in our mouths, as if drinking a glass of pure water turned out to be slightly muddied. We can be angry, and vent for a while, but the reality of the situation is the reality of the situation. In 'real life', nothing is entirely pure.

so we can keep 'externalising' and saying that reality is this, or reality is that, and not 'accepting' and embracing that reality, and that is just holding the Disappointed Expectations in our mind even longer. Or can we discard the fanciful construct that we had in the first place, and admit we made an uninformed assessment of the situation in the first place.

the power to construct, and the power to deconstruct lies entirely within our own Minds, and within our own reach.

there is no need at all to blame others for our own Disappointed Expectations.

and there is no need at all to try and 'force' others to 'live up' to our Expectations.

people (and reality) will be as they will be. The task of acceptance is up to us.

walk in the grace and magnamity of the light,

plenum
(09-11-2013, 09:34 PM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]walk in the grace and magnamity of the light,

I'll walk any way I want to authoritarian! (oh wait)
Oh you notice the fun too BigSmile

(09-11-2013, 09:43 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-11-2013, 09:34 PM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]walk in the grace and magnamity of the light,

PS: love how you spread a conversation about neuron responses and your snide replies into another thread and insult another member for it.
(09-11-2013, 09:44 PM)Not Sure Wrote: [ -> ]Oh you notice the fun too BigSmile

PS: love how you spread a conversation about neuron responses and your snide replies into another thread and insult another member for it.
What are you talking about
(09-11-2013, 09:49 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-11-2013, 09:44 PM)Not Sure Wrote: [ -> ]Oh you notice the fun too BigSmile

What are you talking about

You asked me a question about what is "clear" and I responded as best I felt I was able to in the moment, you were a snidejerkbutt about it and I left the discussion, you come to completely different thread to make a point repeatedly at me about something you made in a different thread and I left becuase I disagreed with your sniedess and you proceed to use as a part of your example someone who is not connected to the previous disagreement by insulting them for something that was a clearly in line with the L/L nature of the forum, not Sarcasam/Snideness sentral.

so anyway. Yeah, I hope that clarifies.
Sigh, I expected more.
(09-11-2013, 10:15 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]Sigh, I expected more.

Why, you dont give out enough to expect more from me.
Good insight plenum. I'm getting randomly kicked out of my apartment and need to find a new place by the end of the month... I understand your words-- I'm not so sure my wife will though. (She's pissed XD)

Melissa

I am disappointed about my disappointment. lol
I agree with your overall point on disappointment!

I just want to add/clarify that you can accept the present moment and reality, while still seeking to change the future possible realities (without infringing on others free will). Similar to how one can accept themselves fully despite imbalances, yet still seek a future where those imbalances fall away.

Acceptance is of the moment. Manifestation and creation of the future can be exercised without impairing one's acceptance of the present. A subtle but important distinction. And as you mention, expectations are not useful at any point in the process.
As soon as one realizes a certain outcome is not to their expectations, it is then in their best interest to accept/forgive what has transpired, and then when they are balanced again, to seek the heart of their desires once more and continue to act and interact with their reality, without expectations of any results!

If done consistently without expectations, you find yourself no longer getting let down by unexpected circumstances. They will then be surprises, minus the element of expectations. And you will consistently be surprised by reality...so once all future surprises are seen as something to look forward to and enjoy...well then you've truly hit the mark!

Melissa

I've always been confused about my feeling of disappointment as I didn't expect anything in the first place, when in truth the only thing I do expect is to be disappointed. Life is inherently disappointing -has been my 'protection' from actual disappointment caused by other-selves. No wonder why I only attract people/circumstances who will 'prove' this belief to be true. Same goes for self-sabotaging behavior to make sure that other-selves won't expect anything other than disappointment from me. These beliefs (and feeling unworthy) have been so deeply ingrained that I'm often not aware of what I'm actually thinking. It takes a significant amount of time for me to address these things as they only seem to surface after quite 'extreme' catalyst (yes, 'extreme' is fairly accurate) which I find truly exhausting, all in all. Sometimes I wonder what in the world happened before I decided to incarnate here.
I opened this thread before going to a company dinner and came back to read some insightful (expectantly, likely!) posts about the subject and the first sentence that hit me was (discorrected for emphasis of what I read rather than actual quote):

"part of the masturbation process is to realise when this is happening, and to own up to it -"

This is hysterically funny (to me) and still carries the idea and some weight of the original idea to be worth a moment or two.

I apologize if I'm too crude for some cultures or minds.
(01-21-2014, 11:34 AM)Melissa Wrote: [ -> ]Sometimes I wonder what in the world happened before I decided to incarnate here.

I agree. I wonder sometimes why I came here. But answer is probably because it would help me polarize. I too am a little disappointed at life.
When I have disappointed expectations, I usually wonder what happen to the "I create my own reality" meme. Didn't work this time? Dodgy
I second you Wai.