Bring4th

Full Version: Seeing a Therapist
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm seeing a therapist monthly. He's helping keep me grounded, but his philosophy is different than the Law of One. To him, me thinking that the Universe is alive, is being delusional. But he puts it much more friendly like that. He says that this type of thinking has gotten me in trouble in the past with my delusions of grandeur.

So how do you know that what you seek is truth, and not just a delusion? As long as I can stay grounded. But when I'm having an episode, I can't stay grounded, and I live in between planes (the physical and mental planes), where reality can be different. It's not so much being on my meds, as they allow me to explore the infinite without trying so hard to ground.

I think having a therapist is helpful, and I enjoy talking to him. But when what he says from his point of view conflicts with my beliefs, which do I choose?

Brittany

I learned a loooong time ago that if you believe something that is starkly contrary to consensus reality, it's best to be selective in who you share your beliefs with. There are plenty of "professionals" out there who would label every person on this forum a nutter just because of the things we believe in.

That doesn't mean these people are bad people, or stupid people, or that they are incapable of helping through whatever gift that comes through them. Seeing a therapist can be a great way to heal repressed traumas and gain greater mental clarity. However, at least in my experience with "mainstream therapists", you're going to hit a dry hole in anything beyond the most elementary of spiritual concepts, and will likely have to go into the holistic department (spiritual counselors and healers, etc.) to have someone take you seriously.

As for who you should believe...that answer can be found only in your own heart.
(09-15-2013, 05:33 PM)Brittany Wrote: [ -> ]I learned a loooong time ago that if you believe something that is starkly contrary to consensus reality, it's best to be selective in who you share your beliefs with. There are plenty of "professionals" out there who would label every person on this forum a nutter just because of the things we believe in.

Go with this.

If you want to 'get along' in life, get grounded and fit in best you can. All of the beliefs in 'grandeur' are for naught if it causes you to skip or not integrate lessons.

In reality we are already 'ascended', so why dwell on it? From a higher perspective the choice was made to come here and bring change to the world, which isn't able to happen if we just focus on ourself and our hopes of escaping this density.

The reason for being here is to work within the 'system', that means we need to be a part of the system, and not keep our minds in another reality while ignoring the physical reasons of this reality.

Nothing wrong with fantasy and high hopes, but if it gets in the way of forward progress within this density it becomes a problem, or what 'they' term, "a waste".

Try to get your diet under control, your minerals within balance. Seek out grounded interests or hobbies. You like the furry stuff, well, create artwork or something that involves skills. Or volunteer weekends at a humane society (should be grounding). Do something that 'brings you down to earth' and see if you can't wean yourself of meds.

If we were needed over there in that density, we wouldn't be over here in this density.
Thank you BE. I'm working now on integrating the lessons you have taught. Right before I read it, I was desirous of tuning into my social memory complex in 6D as I believe it to be. What you said about focusing on ourselves and escaping this density were true points about where my focus had been. I also like what you said about if we were needed in that density. I can take my focus off of that, and instead focus on grounding and integrating more. It's kind of a habit I've picked up working with these higher realms. Perhaps one day I can come off my meds. I'll leave that up to the psychiatrist to determine when.

Thank you for the mature view of my spirituality. I sometimes act like a child. Each little new thing amazes me.
I have gone to a therapist and I have no suppositions about what his job is. He there for me to talk to and be a mirror in which I can see myself in. I talk most of the time and he'll through out some interesting observations. Some of his observations are really good but I go there to find out more about myself. He's not gonna fix me, he's a tool that I use to know myself and process life with.

Pantheism is a very respectable and philosophically sound way of viewing life. Maybe say I'm a pantheist. He's gotta respect that and work with it.
(09-15-2013, 07:37 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you BE. I'm working now on integrating the lessons you have taught. Right before I read it, I was desirous of tuning into my social memory complex in 6D as I believe it to be. What you said about focusing on ourselves and escaping this density were true points about where my focus had been. I also like what you said about if we were needed in that density. I can take my focus off of that, and instead focus on grounding and integrating more. It's kind of a habit I've picked up working with these higher realms. Perhaps one day I can come off my meds. I'll leave that up to the psychiatrist to determine when.

Thank you for the mature view of my spirituality. I sometimes act like a child. Each little new thing amazes me.

It looks to me like you have become more lucid lately. Your posts have taken on a change. Feels like you are 'here' now.
(09-15-2013, 04:55 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]So how do you know that what you seek is truth, and not just a delusion? As long as I can stay grounded.
So I'd sort of instead phrase the question like "how do I know I am grounded", and the rest kind of falls in place - no need to determine "truth" or "delusion" based on some merits - because you are connected to your core which automatically biases for balance. The universe is more than willing to cooperate if you give it a chance. And the most opportunity for this cooperation is provided by "grounding".

So what do I mean by "grounding"? It's merely not letting an idea substitute for actual experience. For many people, apparently that simple determination is difficult for some reason, because the mere feeling that an idea engenders seems "true" even if it only serves to merely suggest transcendence. For many people, that may be the only form of connection with themselves that they can afford. There are entire memes (collections of ideas - i.e. "new age") which are borrowed to justify this distancing from self.

"There is no experience which is not purchased by effort of some kind"
(09-15-2013, 07:37 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]I can take my focus off of that, and instead focus on grounding and integrating more.

It's something most of us could focus on I'm sure. I've always been introverted but it has become the opposite, as I feel quite drawn to go help in a social manner and just be around others. I've also found that a tired body equals a tired mind. Regular exercise is a good way of releasing mental energy, and draws you into the body. I swim, do push ups, pull ups, use an exercise ball, yoga, chi kung, hiking, and want to start short trail running. Long distance running seems useless, and it's also terrible on your knees. Working in a garden is also good exercise.

Unbound

(09-15-2013, 07:37 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you BE. I'm working now on integrating the lessons you have taught. Right before I read it, I was desirous of tuning into my social memory complex in 6D as I believe it to be. What you said about focusing on ourselves and escaping this density were true points about where my focus had been. I also like what you said about if we were needed in that density. I can take my focus off of that, and instead focus on grounding and integrating more. It's kind of a habit I've picked up working with these higher realms. Perhaps one day I can come off my meds. I'll leave that up to the psychiatrist to determine when.

I believe the quote Austin posted is relevant here:

Quote:Ra: I am Ra. We comment in general first upon the query about the contact which indicates once again that the instrument views the mind/body/spirit complex with jaundiced eye. Each mind/body/spirit complex that is seeking shall almost certainly have the immature and irrational behaviors. It is also the case that this entity, as well as almost all seekers, [has] done substantial work within the framework of the incarnative experience and [has] indeed developed maturity and rationality. That this instrument should fail to see that which has been accomplished and see only that which remains to be accomplished may well be noted. Indeed, any seeker discovering in itself this complex of mental and mental/emotional distortions shall ponder the possible non-efficacy of judgment.
I once debated with a psychologist of the same disposition. He was quick to cite 'delusions of grandeur' which seems to be some kind of default argument towards viewing the universe as alive.

Asked him then how he connected the dots between 'Seeing the universe as living' and 'delusions of grandeur' because it was extremely far fetched in my mind, which I explained.

He then cited some typical symptoms but they seemed very egotistical in nature so I had to explain that his point of view on the idea was flawed in its core. We never agreed as such but he conceded that he might've jumped to conclusions.
When someone says a religion that has 2-4 billion followers is deluded while they follow a technological religion of only physical body exists that only a few hundred thousand people truly believe in, the doctors themselves, and everyone else just plays along because of their insanely strong grip on society, you piss them off and they write one paper and you're in prison for life.

People like that almost by default can not be negotiated with.

(Taoism/Buddhism/Confusianism/Hinduism etc etc etc.) I dont waste time with people that are stupid enough to call religions with billions of followers "a delusion"
(09-15-2013, 04:55 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]I'm seeing a therapist monthly. He's helping keep me grounded, but his philosophy is different than the Law of One. To him, me thinking that the Universe is alive, is being delusional. But he puts it much more friendly like that. He says that this type of thinking has gotten me in trouble in the past with my delusions of grandeur.

So how do you know that what you seek is truth, and not just a delusion? As long as I can stay grounded. But when I'm having an episode, I can't stay grounded, and I live in between planes (the physical and mental planes), where reality can be different. It's not so much being on my meds, as they allow me to explore the infinite without trying so hard to ground.

I think having a therapist is helpful, and I enjoy talking to him. But when what he says from his point of view conflicts with my beliefs, which do I choose?

When I was seeing my psychologist for treatment of my PTSD, I once lightly mentioned my philosophy, i.e. the Law of One. I noticed a change in him, showing me that he was not accepting what I was saying. Momentarily I understood that everything spiritual is to be kept for myself in this interaction with him.

I see these professionals as they are. They have a certain system of education, thinking and work that they do. If you, as a patient, go beyond their system, they will try to "treat" you, so that you can fit within this system. I understand this very well, because I am myself schooled within this system.

So, I abandoned any other attempts to go deeper with this psychologist, into spiritual understandings of my problems, and just let him to treat me in those ways that he was able.

I really love this psychologist, and I am forever grateful to him for what he did. He helped me so, so much, within the frame that he is working in.

But that was step 1.

Step 2, is something that I had to take myself. Step 2 is seeking, walking further, deeper.

This seeking can be very different for different people. But it involves seeking the Infinite One.

So, my advice to you, is to see this psychologist as he/she is. They have a particular way of thinking when trying to help you. Let him/her help you in those ways that s/he can. And when it comes to spiritual realms, thoughts, and beliefs, let others help you, i.e. friends, Bring4th, etc.

In my humble opinion, it may even be *unwise* to let psychologists to know about what we are here believing in. And it may especially apply to your case, cause this psychologist will be speaking about your mental health in the upcoming hearing.

As to your question about how do you know whether you seek the truth and not delusion?

Well, when I mentioned to my psychologist lightly what I believe in, he replied that it is common for PTSD patients to believe in something beyond "our reality" as he called it. He said that PTSD patients want to escape "reality" and start believing in all kind of "magical, not real, things".

What he said really got me thinking about whether I was indeed delusional, and whether all these spiritual things, maybe were not true, but a result of one of symtoms of PTSD...

But the time went by, and some things on that road fell away, and some other things came into my life... Imho, seeking this truth is an un-ending journey, until you come to your true home, the Infinite One. Remember what Ra said about this seeking...

Picture, if you will, the One Infinite. You have no picture. Thus, the process begins.

So keep seeking that truth, GW, and good luck! Smile
(09-16-2013, 06:54 AM)Ankh Wrote: [ -> ]Well, when I mentioned to my psychologist lightly what I believe in, he replied that it is common for PTSD patients to believe in something beyond "our reality" as he called it. He said that PTSD patients want to escape "reality" and start believing in all kind of "magical, not real, things".

What he said really got me thinking about whether I was indeed delusional, and whether all these spiritual things, maybe were not true, but a result of one of symtoms of PTSD...

I hear one of the symptoms of Judaism is belief in the Torah.

Edit; That's why if you are a Jew who believe's in the Torah, Better not mention it to the psychologist because it shows you're insane.

Wait we're not in 1945 anymore huh. Anyway yeah, I do agree with you, do not mention anything regarding belief to your psychologist, stick strictly to observable phenomena and analogies and you'll do fine.
So is it immature to be excited like a child on seeking the Creator and one's social memory complex? As long as one stays grounded, it is fine I think. I like what was said about we've already ascended, so why worry about it.

My therapist is open to me talking about spirituality, just as long as I can stay present and here. I even confided in him my thoughts about dying, and that if I died I'd have to repeat certain lessons I had not gotten yet, and he seemed to be ok with my philosophy. After all, it was the psychiatrist, not my therapist that prescribed prozac, and anti-depressant. I honestly haven't felt depressed, but was getting thoughts of desiring to die, but not suicide, but just from meditating on it. I've since appreciated my life. And the future can wait. I mean I always wear my seatbelt, and I drive carefully, so I don't have a death wish.

(09-15-2013, 09:27 PM)BrownEye Wrote: [ -> ]It looks to me like you have become more lucid lately. Your posts have taken on a change. Feels like you are 'here' now.

Thank you. Being here and present feels nice. I did a grounding meditation and it felt nice to have structure again.
(09-16-2013, 06:54 AM)Ankh Wrote: [ -> ]When I was seeing my psychologist for treatment of my PTSD, I once lightly mentioned my philosophy, i.e. the Law of One. I noticed a change in him, showing me that he was not accepting what I was saying. Momentarily I understood that everything spiritual is to be kept for myself in this interaction with him.

I see these professionals as they are. They have a certain system of education, thinking and work that they do. If you, as a patient, go beyond their system, they will try to "treat" you, so that you can fit within this system. I understand this very well, because I am myself schooled within this system.

So, I abandoned any other attempts to go deeper with this psychologist, into spiritual understandings of my problems, and just let him to treat me in those ways that he was able.

I really love this psychologist, and I am forever grateful to him for what he did. He helped me so, so much, within the frame that he is working in.

sounds like there is a role for 'spiritual counselor' type; although I am sure such an individual would not find accreditation anywhere BigSmile

the closest such person I can think of is Scott Mandelker; who just happens to be thoroughly schooled in the Law of One <big grin>
My knowledge of the Law of One is rather limited. I understand the basic tenants. But when I've read it in the past, the few times that I did, I wasn't fully coherent, so didn't pick up all the topics. Still, I think I know enough to have made some great changes in my life. My spiritual experiences have been all around the Law of One. And they've been pretty stellar and profound.
(09-16-2013, 06:58 AM)Not Sure Wrote: [ -> ]I hear one of the symptoms of Judaism is belief in the Torah.

lol! BigSmile

(09-16-2013, 11:14 AM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]sounds like there is a role for 'spiritual counselor' type; although I am sure such an individual would not find accreditation anywhere BigSmile

You mean like a healer? And nay, in my country healers are accredited as much as the lady with the crystal ball, horse whisperers and people who can see the unicorns and fairies. BigSmile
I've seen orbs in photographs I have taken. They hang around Orgonite and certain crystals and are evidently curious about me.
In learning to live myself more ive found that while the psychologist is definitely there to help you. One might find catalyst accepting his side while retaining your own personal identity in relation. What i mean is agree to disagree on that particular subject and accept what advice that he has to give that you do agree with. In this example you believe in the Law of One. The universe is alive. Well there are plenty of scientific arguements to cite that reality; the majority of academia is based on preserving and upholding what we already think we know and the entire system can be batshit backwards if you ask me. However being present and in the moment is key to addressing ones emotions and validating others in the ever present now. One can get quite distracted with the day to day intentions and expectations and those very things are the chakra blocks themselves.

I think im a better listener now than i ever was as a result wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Healthy boundaries is key you dont have to let his entire teaching or light to guide you but at leadt the parts you can accept and realistically analyzing the stuff that you cant and incorporating it. Yes like someone else commented. Being more present is being clear. Very nice!!!!'n
(09-16-2013, 11:14 AM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-16-2013, 06:54 AM)Ankh Wrote: [ -> ]When I was seeing my psychologist for treatment of my PTSD, I once lightly mentioned my philosophy, i.e. the Law of One. I noticed a change in him, showing me that he was not accepting what I was saying. Momentarily I understood that everything spiritual is to be kept for myself in this interaction with him.

sounds like there is a role for 'spiritual counselor' type; although I am sure such an individual would not find accreditation anywhere BigSmile

the closest such person I can think of is Scott Mandelker; who just happens to be thoroughly schooled in the Law of One <big grin>

Don't forget about me once I have finished my schooling hehe. My system will be very very open.
I think you should try to find a spiritual counselor if there are any in the vicinity. The psychologist that I have seen on and off for over a decade is a very well read man on various bhuddist and jungian teachings so it's quite a pleasure talking with him. I do admit though that I haven't indulged him in the finer aspects of the LOO but I have mentioned the philosophy along wth the aspect of meditation. If I could afford it, I would see him more often just to converse with him as he became a sort of mentor during the rough periods of my life.
I like the grounding in reality that this therapist gives me. I saw a spiritual hypnotist before, but even with grounding meditations, I was still finding I became so unbalanced that one time I attacked my dog.
So now this therapist I am seeing is helping me through techniques such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT).
He says that we've been using it, but I don't know too much about it.
A spiritual counselor may or may not be able to assist with my grounding.

Even knowing my past of being elsewhere mentally, I still find myself exploring the unknown. I energetically tune into my social memory complex, or what I think is them. It just feels like pressure on my chakras. No feeling of bliss. I haven't really had a blissful spiritual life. It's been somewhat dark and full of defiance.
With my insurance it only costs about $5 to see him each month.
GW, I notice the way you described defiance in response to Tanner's questions in another thread seems involve yellow-ray concepts involved with power.

Key to my journey in resolving my bdd mental health issues was building up my orange ray, but also my yellow ray. After working on self-acceptance, I hit a wall where I still had my depressive thoughts. It was only after 2-3 months of deciding directly to work on my yellow ray issues, did I transform.

The night I decided to change my current focus to yellow ray I had a dream where thousands of dying worms came out of my body. It was clear that my beliefs about yellow ray power were parasitic in nature and diminished my ability to be a radiant being.

6-18-13 clean and still going Smile

Orange/Yellow Ray Power is invaluable to the positive entity:

Quote:75.32 Questioner: The three aspects of the magical personality are stated to be power, love, and wisdom. Is this correct and are these the only primary aspects of the magical personality?

Ra: I am Ra. The three aspects of the magical personality, power, love, and wisdom, are so called in order that attention be paid to each aspect in developing the basic tool of the adept; that is, its self. It is by no means a personality of three aspects. It is a being of unity, being of sixth density and equivalent to what you call your higher self and, at the same time, is a personality enormously rich in variety of experience and subtlety of emotion.

The three aspects are given that the neophyte not abuse the tools of its trade but rather approach those tools balanced in the center of love and wisdom and thus seeking power in order to serve.

75.39 Questioner: Then is it correct that a good sequence for developing the invocation of the magical personality are alternate meditations, first on power, then a meditation on love, and then a meditation on wisdom and to continue cycling that way? Is that an appropriate technique?

Ra: I am Ra. This is indeed an appropriate technique. In this particular group there is an additional aid in that each entity manifests one of these qualities in a manner which approaches the archetype. Thusly visualization may be personalized and much love and support within the group generated.
If a therapist looks at you to imply you said something off base, that therapist may be listening for himself and not to respect what might be right for you as an individual.
I have had three long range therapies, and at least one of them was with a person who took notes and, I knew, ran off after the session to write a paper. Disgusting, except some are expected to do so.
I have been seeing a therapist for a while, now every other week. In the process, I try to keep my internal life and external lives separate. Not that they really are. This counseling process is helping me to focus on and be accountable for my goals. I think she's a good therapist. I have started a business and earned a couple of certifications since beginning to talk to her. I have started worshiping in a totally different belief system.
I did not avoid talking about the LOO. Certainly, I mentioned the LOO. I explained it very simply. Originally, the therapy helped me with a challenging home environment. It has helped me face my feelings.
I have changed therapists a time or two, when it didn't feel right.
I certainly know that in some areas I am not qualified, and your "syndrome," for lack of a better word, is one. I absolutely KNOW, though, that some people who would be called illusional or delusional really do perceive real stuff that the majority of us do not. Telling them that such things do not exist is very unhelpful and shows more than one kind of ignorance.

I also believe that someone with mental "illness" can get good help and achieve more happiness through beneficial therapy. I'm one of those.

Very best wishes for good results. Heart
Do you like reptiles?

My advice buy a snake.
I'm not big into reptiles.

Bat

I love reptiles!
(10-17-2013, 09:45 PM)kycahi Wrote: [ -> ]I absolutely KNOW, though, that some people who would be called illusional or delusional really do perceive real stuff that the majority of us do not.

This includes even certain YouTube videos I've since not been able to find since I came out of my altered state. Videos that talked about Universal secrets.
Pages: 1 2