Bring4th

Full Version: The Proper Study is One's Life
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
there are fruitful questions to ask ... and there are less fruitful questions to ask.

questions on cosmology are interesting ... and its fascinating to construct a mental model of the densities and the interactions of various parts of the system (harvest, the guardians, the logos etc), but, ultimately, in this realm of 3d, it is not our domain to truly understand and interact with. Those things are like the trees and fauna on a distant planet; they exist, they are factual, they are most real, but they are not necessarily truly relevant to the life task that is present right now.

the proper study, I believe, is one's life. It lies in one's relationships (or their frictions), in one's anxieties (or lack thereof), in one's finances (or lack of flow of), in one's physical health and well-being (or absence of). This is the daily study, the feedback that our 'life' is offering to us. Where there is friction and anxiety, there is an indicator as to where to direct our attention. Not necessarily to solve or resolve the issue; but often an understanding or changed perspective will 'eliminate' or reveal that the problem itself was due to a 'limited viewpoint', or a distorted perspective ('attitude') to the so-called problem.

so these very common questions, very basic really, show us where we stand -

did we sleep well? if not, why not?
does our food nourish us? or do we have indigestion and constant hunger?
do we have enough money? or do we spend so much time fretting and worrying about the future?
are we lonely? or do we have friends and significant others we see regularly?
are we enthusiastic and passionate about things important to us? or is life a drag and a constant effort?
are we reasonably fulfilled? or is there this black hole of absence of meaning and purpose?

one's life and daily thoughts give us the most relevant feedback as to where we are. And there is no shame in admitting that we struggle with things, and that we are constantly baffled and frustrated by the feedback. The 'lack of understanding' shows us very much that there is an opporunity for learning, and gaining the understanding that we are feeling absent of.

- -

this sort of mental awareness of our own state is not a self-obsessiveness or narcissism or solipcism ... it is more the realization that the mental universe we inhabit offers the realm where we have the greatest influence and autonomy in adjusting things. Physical things can change slowly or quickly, the spiritual world is timeless and always on tap (potentially) ... it is in our own mental space in which we can make the swiftest adjustments and alterations. It is the sphere of change and growth.

our whole life (the 'where we live', the 'what we do', the 'relationships and friendships', the 'interactions', the 'habits') ... all these things, these real things, are the feedback and the projection of our mental state.

when we can study these things, we can study ourselves, and when we can study ourselves, we can learn and understand and eventually accept and appreciate all these aspects.

the proper study is truly oneself.

namaste,

plenum
+1000

There are a few passages where Ra gently guides Don back to this central theme that the heart of evolution is the study of one's beingness; of the Creator's beingness.
Nice post plenum this came to mind whilst reading it.. .

You are the pupil of your self and teacher of your self to your self.
I'm sure my guides are giving me signals on how to stay on my path, but I swerve, not able to consciously perceive their guidance. I tend to be naive some of the time, and other times perhaps not spiritually mature. I am anything but a spiritual master. I believe we are our own teachers. I've sought out teachers before, but they end up unfulfilling. Of course the guidance on this site has been most helpful. The Law of One being the philosophy I resonate most with. I believe Pantheism best describes my belief that everything is One. I wonder at Creator level if his beingness is the same as my beingness. Is Creator as confused and veiled like I am?
One thing you may be missing : "as above so below". The universe is inherently a model of the individual. Analogies abound.
Don't just read, take notes. Most textbooks are divided by topics. Most have units with chapters that are divided up. This makes it easy to write an outline. http://study.result.pk
Hah, I just made a thread talking about this same thing! I think studying the seemingly mundane life is where the grounded individual can do the most work.