Bring4th

Full Version: The two pathes of setting intention: Water and Fire.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The two pathes of intention are what I call either a mind of fire or a mind of water. One will polarize you positively, the other inversely. Both paths lead to the same place inevitably, as we all know. Of course, one is far easier and less agonizing.

A mind of fire is used often in humanity's cultures when it comes to the concepts of discipline and hardwork towards goals. All other possibilities besides the goal are banished and condemned with the end goal being the most potent fuel for the flame. Anything that cannot be burned in the fire effectively begins to kill the flame. When the fire is not hot enough, it quickly dies. This is the mind of the negative path: The hottest fire must be maintained in order to establish control over your reality. All that is in your way must be effectively consumed.

A mind of water is one that accepts all possibilities. The will shapes the river of the mind while the flow of the water embraces any direction, misdirections and flooding along the way, forming deltas, bays and beaches that become new and beautiful creations. There are no mistakes, no failures. Water adapts, embraces all that comes into contact with it. The water molds itself and transforms but its flow and acceptance never ceases. This is the mind of the positive path: The goal can be reached but if it's not, the river of life continues flowing.

Anyways, just a random musing that may need some work. Heehee.
yes; that is acceptance vs control; although very poetically conveyed by your descriptions.

although the thing to realise is that we can have a tendency to control things that we find confronting or unexpected.
I like the no mistakes no failures you put. In Final Fantasy VII they referred to the water as the lifestream.
I need to read up on it again a bit more, but in taoist meditation I recall there being either a fire method and a water method and it probably matches up to your descriptions.
I had a dream once about being in a negative 4D world. I don't remember really anything from it though. Except thoughts went to the negative like a gravity well.

Unbound

My understanding of the Water method and Fire method while has some reflection of this, I have no conception of one or the either being either positive or negative in themselves. Fire techniques or water techniques can be used for either positive or negative paths.

I see the path of fire as the path of mind, it deals with the intellect which, alchemically, aligns with subtraction and works towards the clarity of simplification supplemented in balance with complexity. It represents those who seek with blazen light and pertains to those who honour the spirit of flame as the source of all life, of "christic" energy. The flame is used as a lantern to guide one through the darkness with its piercing light and protects and purifies every aspect of the self through the burning away of old aspects to continuously allow the natural being to shine forth. The path of fire is one of intense concentration, willpower and discipline, which may appear at first to be a method of control, and in some cases is, but I am certain is not so in all cases. I would consider this a path of "active co-creativity".

The path of water is the path of heart which nourishes and nurtures through the relaxing and opening of the self to allow the path of least resistence to find its own natural course. This is the path of feeling and one carves a path through the darkness through a continuous practice of beingness and natural intuition. The path of the heart is not as centered on intellect and mental activities and is more about experiencing what is for what it is, however there are natural changes which occur as downward flow cleanses the self and clears away blockages. The activity of water works within downward flow, the activity of fire works with upwards flow just as heating and cooling do so. The spirit is "tempered" with either process and is invigorated in a different way, although each of equal potency. This path is more about "passive co-creativity".

Both of these are methods for cultivating the self, becoming aware of the other bodies, subtle energy and ways to train and discipline oneself to be able to use power. This power can be used by either kind of individual, positive or negative, and can be sought after in both positive and negative ways.

One of the reasons that the path of fire and the path of water may appear to have positive/negative polarity in terms of paths of services is because of longstanding cultural influences, in particular the difference between the divine masculine and the divine feminine. Fire is most often only associated with burning things up, with destruction or purification by force, but this is a narrow view, imo, of fire and heat as a whole which actually includes electricity, friction, ambient heat, radiation and all kinds of stimulated activity. Likewise, water is not just water, but includes all forms of liquids, precipitation, dampness, blood and any other natural flow.

In the ways of the alchemist, which is a fire path, the heat of the flame is kept steady and constant, so as to not allow the flame to get too big or too small, so that there is enough heat to transmute and transform but not enough to destroy and not too little to have an effect. This teaches patience and balance, cultivated as virtues in the self. The nature of the flame is active, lively, kinetic and refers to the essence of life within all things. The nature of water is passive, enlivening, and potential, its force connects to the flow of the essence of life from one part of the Creator to the other.

This in regards to intention, I think you are perhaps making a separation which is not apparent to me. I see both the path of fire and the path of water as seeking a purified, focused intention, but whereas the path of fire concentrates through the active principle of organizing oneness, as you say, burning away all that is not able to withstand the fire, the water does the same through a passive principle of organizing oneness, dissolving as it is the alkahest, all that which muddies the water and makes it unclear. Both seek clarity, one does it through upward motion of active transmutation, the other does it through passive transmutation, as both are methods for affecting change within and without the self.

I can see where one might draw the conclusion that the natural destructiveness of flame leads one to connect it to negative paths, but the fact is that destruction is only one facet of the potentials of fire and that view somewhat eschews the life abiding, enlivening aspect of fire which is sustaining of life and not destructive. One can just as equally destroy and induce stagnancy with certain paths of the water method.

Anyways, those are just my thoughts on the subject, to be taken or left according to each. Smile
I try to be the water path, and realize how energy is fluid. I used to feel energy ripples from the Field. When I would say a word, or move, I'd feel the Field responding with ripples. I don't feel them anymore, and I do miss that a bit. But when I was that sensitive, there was no real rest. Same when I built a galaxy. Except that had fire energy, but was still fluid. I felt the great central sun in its beingness, and was using it's intelligent energy to form thought constructs in my mind. Building a galaxy was hot.

Brittany

My path.

[Image: thealchemist_zps9e70463e.jpg]
My goal is to be like the avatar. Any musings on the paths of earth and air?

Aloysius

Lol I recently had a dream where the most accepting person I know transformed into water and said "you are the fire", the explanations of these two elements here has been quite helpful to me, cheers.
I prefer to map fire as positive and ice as negative. Simply because I prefer the analogy of fire/water/heat being active and ice/solid/cold being more so inactive at the molecular level. Doesn't really matter though there only representations and can be interchangeable and adaptable in definition. The wider you go in analysis the more they become integrated and one thing. Which is essentially the journey from 1st-7th density.
As far as symbolic polarity is concerned (not particularly ethical which you are trying to ascribe here) - water symbolizes the unconscious, passiveness, and femininity - that's "negative". Fire symbolizes consciousness, active, masculinity or "positive".
I was working off the implications of this quote:

"As a great master once observed: "There are two methods of becoming god, the upright or the averse." Let the mind become as a flame or a pool of still water." - Peter J. Carrol