Bring4th

Full Version: Psychic Readings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Has anyone gone to see a professional psychic before? I know there are tons of fakes out there and it's hard to sort through the BS. Tonight I went to see a psychic that was highly recommended by the people in my life I most trust to have a healthy discernment and awareness.

Her accuracy about things in my life was pretty shocking. She was completely spot on in regards to much of my life, including my current situation, my nocturnal nature, my struggles growing up, my connections to various things, my mom's nature, the way my mom raised me, my dad's nature, my strengths, my weaknesses, the things I ignore and the way my mind works. I would say that in her description of how things are and how they got to be that way was almost completely accurate. She even pinpointed a very random yet significant thought that I had earlier today.

So what does it mean when she's so dead-on about all of this, but the strongest theme in the session was a description of a life purpose that is completely out of left-field? It was so strong that she was more sure of this more than any of the other stuff she really was correct about.

She was able to connect it back to other things in my life though, things which were also completely accurate and paint a certain picture that I've never truly looked at before. It offers a completely new perspective on some of my inherent biases that sort of throws my view of my current life upside down.

Much of this theme comes from her description of my past lives, which I've never had any cognizance of. She's the first psychic who has ever offered me solid information on past lives. She described this life-purpose of mine connecting it to a heart-breaking story from a series of past lives, and at the end she was tearing up saying that she hasn't ever had a reading quite like this, that she hardly ever gets such in-depth info on past lives, and that the emotion in this "karma" of mine, which I share with another person I've yet to meet, runs very deep.

I'm left not really knowing what to think. She seemed to really be connected to something, but this new information really rocks the boat.

What do you guys think about psychic readings like this? How accurate do you think they can really be? What is she seeing when she sees details of my past lives, and the supposed scars they've left for me to heal in this lifetime? Has anyone else ever had a psychic reading that was completely spot on, or maybe one that was completely off?
Just accept that that is her 'vision' of your life. Perhaps as you become more clear you will grow into her perception of your life, or perhaps you will find that what seems more 'true' to your purpose will continue to deviate from any planned or preconceived notions that you or anyone else have.

I saw a psychic, and she clearly had some good sources, but the 'emphasis' was all wrong. If that makes sense. For some reason, I felt a psychic would see true to the heart of some of my lessons, but I didn't get much at all there. Of course she kept saying "they say I shouldn't tell you about this". I enjoyed it, but I feel I'm doing just fine without the help, and what I want help with is the stuff that would significantly undermine the lessons I chose to experience.
Very interesting results, Austin.

I have been contemplating seeing a psychic or past life regressionist for a couple of years now. I have been so hesitant to go to one because of your above reasoning: will I get a shyster or someone who has a legitimate ability? Perhaps I can search the internet for some place that has reviews of such a person, although that also opens up the possibility of 'viral marketing' where reviews are artificially improved by posting fake reviews... I don't know a single person locally in person who has seen any psychic, so I can't draw on the same kind of resource as those near Louisville.

To answer the OP's question, in the event where I would find someone who is legitimate, I think there is great potential to learn something helpful for this incarnation. Uncovering even a small portion of the reasons 'why' someone chose the life themes they did for a particular incarnation can help reinforce learning curriculum.
Completely out of left-field? Meaning no left-field or very much left-field? Left-field/Right-field being masculine/feminine division or sts/sto division?

I think a 'real' psychic will give you correct information in regards to themselves, not in regards to you; unless there's been a synchronized contact between you two.

Also, what the psychic sees needn't be less true just because you see yourself in another way. Inversely what you see needn't be less true just because the psychic sees it in another way. Or put simpler - you may both be right =).

Aloysius

Interesting experience dude though it may be worth giving this a look.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_reading

Anyways, I've been to one, one that no one I knew had gone to before so they wouldn't have had any prior knowledge of me.
As to what they said, it was very uplifting but who doesn't want to hear warm fuzzy things about themselves lol
They actually were pretty spot on about a few things but I feel as if I should of asked different questions because I was really just testing them rather than seeking advice/help. I sent a "rush" of energy towards them which surprised them lol and made them get a lot more serious, so I think they had at least a bit of ability. They said that I was going through a "major healing phase" which I guess was/is quite true or rather I had/have now a higher potential of healing myself.

I'm not one hundred percent sold on that one but I think she was alright, and I could "feel" her mind (reverse psychicness lol) she didn't have profound understanding but she was sensitive to things others aren't.

All in all i'd say it was worth the 20 bucks lol

One thing I'll add in the "feeling" of her mind,it wasn't just her, she had called other entities to help her, I was aware of their presence, they added a weird "flavour" to the experience. I don't know if many "psychics" do that as I've only seen one.
If you understand that all is the one infinite creator cold reading itself, you're onto the truth. Psychics are just so detatched from what goes on in their body as a result of "cold reading" people or "to get into" the people that she works with, that they feel more emotion for their story than for this loathed piece of meat they carry around called their own body.

Anyway. Good story man.

In the words of;

"Lightning flashes, sparks showers, in one blink of an eye, you have missed seeing."
—Oma Desala - (SG1: "Meridian")
My parents probably had more experience with psychics, particularly my mother whenever shes in Thailand. I think there are probably some 'genuine' ones, of course there are adepts of such things. My belief is though that most can only see what we think and feel and expect, so thats the information they go off. How can there be an objectivity to a future that has yet to occur? They see the likely decisions we would make, the intensity of our polarisations regarding such futures and our hopes and desires/outcomes. These are things that we can recognise ourselves. Of course it can be a bit of fun too, and an outside perspective to refresh your conciousness can be useful too. I would like to do a past life regression but the future- thats up to me.

Brittany

I've had multiple past life readings from psychics, and I've noticed that the story is different every time, but the basic themes remain the same. It's much easier to pick up on emotional imprints than it is to bring through very specific information. It is also easy, however, to create visuals from these impressions and project them onto the person you are reading based on your own viewpoint and not theirs. Psychics who are overconfident in their abilities will tout these interpretations as facts, but I would beg to differ, even when it comes to my own readings.

I've done psychic readings for many years now, and been praised for my accuracy in most cases, and I can tell you that a psychic's impressions are NOT infallible. It's very easy to give skewed, distorted or just plain wrong information from time to time. I would advise anyone who goes to a psychic for anything to take everything given to them with a huge dose of discernment, weighing it against what you know to be true in your heart.

I'd also recommend trying self-hypnosis when it comes to understanding past lives. In my experience it produces more meaningful impressions.
(09-17-2013, 02:06 AM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: [ -> ]Her accuracy about things in my life was pretty shocking. She was completely spot on in regards to much of my life, including my current situation, my nocturnal nature, my struggles growing up, my connections to various things, my mom's nature, the way my mom raised me, my dad's nature, my strengths, my weaknesses, the things I ignore and the way my mind works. I would say that in her description of how things are and how they got to be that way was almost completely accurate. She even pinpointed a very random yet significant thought that I had earlier today.

So what does it mean when she's so dead-on about all of this, but the strongest theme in the session was a description of a life purpose that is completely out of left-field? It was so strong that she was more sure of this more than any of the other stuff she really was correct about.

She was able to connect it back to other things in my life though, things which were also completely accurate and paint a certain picture that I've never truly looked at before. It offers a completely new perspective on some of my inherent biases that sort of throws my view of my current life upside down.

that's great that you've received all this new info Austin!

I guess the hard part now is integrating all this into a new worldview/narrative that you have about yourself. Of course, absolute confirmation of facts is not a feature of living on 'this' side of the Veil; one can only proceed with the viewpoint that we find most productive/satisfying on an internal level.

I mean, why did you see this psychic in the first place? there must have been unaddressed questions or a longing for self-identity that your current life had not provided to that point.

and although I have had no experience with psychics before, I would agree with the points that others have expressed in this thread that not all info can be 100% exact when filtered through a conscious source.

but from what you've shared, it seems as though there are two main areas to confront or address:

* what is my life purpose? and how does that narrative change what you are doing with your time/job now or in the future

* meeting/interacting with this other individual with whom you have shared a history of karma

or perhaps I have misread how you have used the word 'life purpose'? maybe you mean it in the sense of a primary task (ie karmic absolution), rather than the sense - oh, my life purpose is to become a musician or a writer or a skilled office worker, ie a more 'job oriented' life purpose.

but I understand your hesitation to share details if you are not comfortable with this new data. It can be very personal indeed.

- -

I can add though, that through my own serious and deep investigations of self in the last 2 years, that this type of 'info' is progressively revealed in visions. When one is ready to drop one's tightly held notions of 'identity'; then the voice of the 'true self' can reveal deeper aspects of the soul stream and who one is. This is not 'channeling' or accessing an external source (ie an entity, higher or otherwise) but rather being able to see the mirror of the self with one's own Light.

- -

and I also appreciate that the thrust of your thread was on the general nature of psychics rather than turning it back on yourself, and wondering what to do with this info.

regards,

plenum

Unbound

Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open. Personally, I would take it as a sign that perhaps I do not know myself as well as I thought.
Thank you all for your awesome thoughtful replies. I was pretty vague in the OP so I understand it's difficult to get a complete grasp on what I am talking about and why this was so significant for me. I'm still in the midst of feeling like my foundation was rocked. I'd take the time to write out all of the specifics of the reading and what it meant for me, but 1) I'm still processing and 2) I have the urge to do a bit of research by seeking out a couple more psychics to see if they pull through any similar information. Any takers? Tongue

(09-17-2013, 03:06 AM)Parsons Wrote: [ -> ]I have been contemplating seeing a psychic or past life regressionist for a couple of years now. I have been so hesitant to go to one because of your above reasoning: will I get a shyster or someone who has a legitimate ability?

Yeah, I'd never considered seeing a psychic for this reason. I don't doubt there are some that are legit, but how can we tell the difference? This was such a unique case. There are a handful of people in my life right now that I trust to be truly discerning in their spiritual journeys, and every single one had an experience with this psychic and they all couldn't recommend her heartily enough. On top of this, she didn't advertise or market herself at all, she relied completely on word of mouth for business. Her rates weren't cheap, but were certainly reasonable for a "real" psychic.

Quote:To answer the OP's question, in the event where I would find someone who is legitimate, I think there is great potential to learn something helpful for this incarnation. Uncovering even a small portion of the reasons 'why' someone chose the life themes they did for a particular incarnation can help reinforce learning curriculum.

I agree with this now, I agreed with this before my session, but it's hard for me to grasp because this wasn't really even a small portion of the reason why I'm here in this life...it is the prevailing, ultimate reason of not only this lifetime but many many before this one, a certain wound that I've become so numb to that I cannot recognize it, but is binding me to 3rd density and will continue to keep me bound until I allow it to heal through fulfilling the life purpose she described.

(09-17-2013, 03:31 AM)ChickenInSpace Wrote: [ -> ]Completely out of left-field? Meaning no left-field or very much left-field? Left-field/Right-field being masculine/feminine division or sts/sto division?

Heh, sorry...cultural idiom. "Out of left field" meaning "completely unexpected." Something I was not prepared for.

Quote:I think a 'real' psychic will give you correct information in regards to themselves, not in regards to you; unless there's been a synchronized contact between you two.

What do you mean by this? What sort of information in regards to themselves? The appealing thing about this particular psychic was that she had no knowledge of me, which I'd be worried would bias the session.

Quote:Also, what the psychic sees needn't be less true just because you see yourself in another way. Inversely what you see needn't be less true just because the psychic sees it in another way. Or put simpler - you may both be right =).

Well I'm certainly open to the idea that somehow both of our views could be correct in some way, but it's hard for me to reconcile. Essentially, there is a prevailing attribute within my personality that I have viewed as a strength, something that I felt I had chosen and was bound to preincarnatively. She turned this upside down and called it more of a weakness (not in a derogatory way), a sort of escapism and avoidance. Something I was bound to only by the wound I had acquired in a previous lifetime that I had yet to heal and grow from, and that it was essential that I break free from this.

Again, sorry about the vague details.

(09-17-2013, 04:14 AM)Aloysius Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting experience dude though it may be worth giving this a look.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_reading

Yeah, I'm well aware of the different techniques used both consciously and unconsciously by psychics and mediums and such. I did extensive research in this area when I was investigating channeling and developed a method of questioning for channelers based off of false flags, false positives, and misdirection to determine whether this kind of trickery was in use. I didn't employ this method of questioning on this psychic, but I am aware of the techniques.

Quote:They actually were pretty spot on about a few things but I feel as if I should of asked different questions because I was really just testing them rather than seeking advice/help. I sent a "rush" of energy towards them which surprised them lol and made them get a lot more serious, so I think they had at least a bit of ability. They said that I was going through a "major healing phase" which I guess was/is quite true or rather I had/have now a higher potential of healing myself.

I definitely understand the desire to approach such people from a standpoint of testing rather than seeking help. I left this skeptical mindset at the door for this one and completely opened myself up to what she had to say.

Quote:One thing I'll add in the "feeling" of her mind,it wasn't just her, she had called other entities to help her, I was aware of their presence, they added a weird "flavour" to the experience. I don't know if many "psychics" do that as I've only seen one.

This psychic described her method as communicating with guides and angels. She preliminary told me that she'd be in communication with my guides, so I spent some time the day before communicating to my guides my intent to see this psychic and "sounded the call" for them to share any information that they have not been able to get through to me. She started the session with a prayer, invoking her own guidance system and mine.

(09-17-2013, 07:31 AM)Brittany Wrote: [ -> ]I've had multiple past life readings from psychics, and I've noticed that the story is different every time, but the basic themes remain the same. It's much easier to pick up on emotional imprints than it is to bring through very specific information. It is also easy, however, to create visuals from these impressions and project them onto the person you are reading based on your own viewpoint and not theirs. Psychics who are overconfident in their abilities will tout these interpretations as facts, but I would beg to differ, even when it comes to my own readings.

I was pleased by her ability to communicate the fact that the details of the past lives were secondary to the emotional core. She didn't speak with surety about exactly who or what I was...when it came to specifics, she phrased things like "I kind of see..." or "It's almost like..." but when it came to the emotional content of the reading, she was very sure of what she was sensing. Although she did share many specifics about the person I am karmically tied to and the type of healing I need to do.

Quote:I'd also recommend trying self-hypnosis when it comes to understanding past lives. In my experience it produces more meaningful impressions.

I've tried and failed many times, to the point where I gave up and stopped caring about past lives. I wasn't expecting her to give any info at all on past lives, let alone have the entire theme of my reading based around them. She said that her readings are rarely based upon past lives and that she has not ever had a reading with such an emotional resonance from past lives.

(09-17-2013, 10:26 AM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]I mean, why did you see this psychic in the first place? there must have been unaddressed questions or a longing for self-identity that your current life had not provided to that point.

I really had no conscious reason in mind. I did feel an intuitive tug to do so and felt that it would be useful in some capacity. I follow my intuitive urges and this one was particularly hard to ignore.

Quote:but from what you've shared, it seems as though there are two main areas to confront or address:

* what is my life purpose? and how does that narrative change what you are doing with your time/job now or in the future

* meeting/interacting with this other individual with whom you have shared a history of karma

or perhaps I have misread how you have used the word 'life purpose'? maybe you mean it in the sense of a primary task (ie karmic absolution), rather than the sense - oh, my life purpose is to become a musician or a writer or a skilled office worker, ie a more 'job oriented' life purpose.

Well, it's essentially both of those things. Not necessarily "job oriented" but still in the social trajectory, and a certain "task" to fulfill to heal the wound which I have failed to recognize. It wouldn't necessarily affect my time or job in the present but would ultimately shape my life in the future.

She didn't dive into specific details about anything else except for this wound, how to heal it, and this person I am karmically tied to. Whatever train of thought she had tapped into was obviously very strong. I shared the level of detail with a person who has had 4 readings with her and he was surprised by the level of detail she went into about these things. And it seems significant to me (for some reason) that she seemed so sure about these things, far more sure than about the things that she was truly correct about.

Quote:I can add though, that through my own serious and deep investigations of self in the last 2 years, that this type of 'info' is progressively revealed in visions. When one is ready to drop one's tightly held notions of 'identity'; then the voice of the 'true self' can reveal deeper aspects of the soul stream and who one is. This is not 'channeling' or accessing an external source (ie an entity, higher or otherwise) but rather being able to see the mirror of the self with one's own Light.

Very well put. In one sense I feel like I am entering a stage of my life where particular "tightly held notions of identity" are slipping away and I was bracing myself for some sort of lightning strike to give me a jolt. Even when we're expecting these things, they are inevitably life-altering, yeah?

But I would think that, if things were falling away that would allow a wider perception of my true self to come through, why would I need a psychic to hit me over the head with it? How often are pychics, mystics, or shaman the vehicle for this catalyst which reveals deep parts of ourselves?

Quote:and I also appreciate that the thrust of your thread was on the general nature of psychics rather than turning it back on yourself, and wondering what to do with this info.

Well, my ultimate goal is to process this on a personal level, which I know discussing it would help with. But why not have a larger discussion in the process? BigSmile

(09-17-2013, 11:26 AM)Tanner Wrote: [ -> ]Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open. Personally, I would take it as a sign that perhaps I do not know myself as well as I thought.

I feel myself inevitably headed for that conclusion. After all, why would this really shake me to the core if it weren't significant for me in some way? It all adds up as well, if there is legitimacy to her reading, that I have been telling myself that I am a certain way, that there is virtue in being this way, when ultimately it's just another mask to cover the deep and hard truth.
I've been to several psychics for several reasons. There are a couple metaphysical bookstores near Seattle that have a regular team of psychics, tarot readers, and astrologers on 'staff'. One store has a fair each solstice and equinox where readers and assorted other services (such as auric photos) set up around the store and have 15-min or 30-min sessions at a discounted rate. At these fairs I've had sessions with almost everyone who works out of this store and have found 2 psychic card readers that I like. I have an hour long session with one of these ladies every month or so.

Although both ladies are natural psychics (i.e. born with the gift) and also use cards with their readings, they are very different and I work through different things with them.

"G" sees/reads auras and chakras and clairaudient (hears guides). My sessions with her focus mostly on becoming 'whole' by reintegrating the cast off and projected parts of self. She has a variety of tarot decks that she chooses whichever one 'calls her' for the client at the time. Over the sessions I've had with her she has used about 4 different decks; she's who turned me onto the Willow Arlenea deck. She will use a variety of spreads based on the questions we're working on. We do not work on past-life stuff. So, even though her tools are different than a 'traditional' psychologist, the learnings from her sessions and post-session work I do is very much like when I was going to a psychologist. Main difference is G's sessions are not covered by my healthcare ;-) Primary learning from sessions with G is that my 'answers' will come from following the bread crumbs - pay attention to, and follow up on, when someone asks 'have you seen/read/heard/been to such and such?' These are signposts along my life path and one way my guides speak to me (since I can not hear them directly).

"S" is a medium, and clairvoyant and sees past lives. My sessions with her focus mainly on the 'standard' questions for psychics - what is my life purpose, when/how will such and such happen, why is this person affecting me so much, etc. She uses a standard deck of playing cards and the horoscope spread. Since I got my new smartphone I have been recording these sessions and listen to them a LOT driving to and from work (90+ min drive each way). They have been freakishly accurate. Even things that didn't sound right at the time have turned out to be accurate later. For example - she's said during 3 different sessions that I'm going to write (not related to law), to teach, and in one session that I write good business cases and should help others in that area. At the time I replied that I have several law-related publications but have found no talent in other genres (although I'd like to), taught undergrad and law school and have ZERO interest teaching in either venue again, and used to write business cases as part of my job - been there, done that, don't want to do it anymore. shrug.

Months go by and following the bread crumbs what am I doing? Developing a 2-day seminar that I'll begin teaching in October to help people with little/no business background to understand the new Washington state marijuana law and write their business plan and operating plan to apply for a license. It may not be world peace but it's something I'm (finally) excited enough about to put in the effort to do it. It's been a VERY long time since I've enjoyed my work.

S has also been freakishly accurate with some of the things she has relayed as a medium speaking with my late father and a late boyfriend. She has told me about several past lives with 2 men in my current life but I have not had an opportunity to independently assess this information.

I have done several past life regression hypnosis sessions where I experienced my past lives (as opposed to someone telling me what they saw) but the scenes I experienced were with different souls than the 2 "S" has told me about. I'm hoping to get another hypnosis session later this year to try to experience one of these past lives S has told me about.
Thanks for sharing Cynthia. What exactly drew you to the two readers you finally chose? What sort of criteria were you looking for, what made you like them over the other psychics that you had sessions with?
I had a psychic tell me I would find a redhead female when I asked about relationships. She couldn't read that I was gay, and I let it get to me when I told her. I had intuition before that that I should not talk to her. It would have saved me from being upset. Then when I told her, she mentioned a guy who I didn't resonate with. Totally inaccurate. That's why if I see a psychic I won't ask about relationships anymore.
I have personally consulted two different "psychics" in my life. I found that they were very, very different.

The information which comes through a person, as in channeling, will obviously be colored by their lenses, or paradigms, or levels of awareness. I have seen many others in action besides the two I consulted with, but never really got the impression anyone was a fake. I felt they all had some level of at least intuition.

The second psychic, self-named the "Angel Lady," I saw in the late 1990s. She told me about family members, health, and career stuff. Some of it was amazingly accurate, although not extremely interesting.

The first experience I had of this kind was when a friend invited me to see a psychic with her in the late 1980s. I went on a whim for fun and had no serious intent; at the time I was happy, not lacking in anything or looking for any answers. We did not see her separately, which right off was different. We both sat at her dining room table, after being served tea in crystal cups. The psychic, A, I will call her, read first for my friend. A used nothing--no cards etc. She addressed earthly matters with my friend but always went to soul purpose of those matters and referenced past lives. It was very interesting and I was seriously impressed by the level of information. But that didn't compare to the surprise I got when my friend's session was over and A read for me.

She told me right off that I wasn't from here. That pretty much left me speechless and concerned; at the time there really wasn't any buzz that I'd heard of at all of such ideas. I wasn't even sure what she meant, and I must have looked like an idiot parroting, "Not from here?" She told me I was here on a volunteer mission to help the planet. This seemed so crazy to me I couldn't even digest it. The level of her integrity and profound seriousness, unaffected and sincere, gave me pause however, and I listened with skepticism. After the session, I was compelled to consider, and many memories surfaced that so fit what she told me, and otherwise made no sense, I began to see truth in what she said.

So, I would set the intention of what sort of information you seek in a psychic consultation, rather than going and getting whatever messages are there for you. This way you will attract the best channeling source.
<removed>
Even though the psychic may be able to pick up certain themes from your mental landscape, they still must interpret based on current experience. That experience can only go so far and necesaarily includes huge bias which may be confused and distorted. Just use it as an opportunity to get insight or another opinion on a matter.
(09-17-2013, 02:06 AM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: [ -> ]What do you guys think about psychic readings like this? How accurate do you think they can really be? What is she seeing when she sees details of my past lives, and the supposed scars they've left for me to heal in this lifetime? Has anyone else ever had a psychic reading that was completely spot on, or maybe one that was completely off?

Was it Leigh-Ann? When I went to see her, I found her awesome in her reading about me. She knew things I never told anyone!

Then she made 4 major predictions. The first one didn't happen. She said that I will find my mate in September 2012 (and she was quite detailed about this!), which I didn't (or if I did, I didn't notice! BigSmile). The second one on the other hand did happen. She asked me if my daughter was picky with her food, which she was, so I said yes. Then L-A said that she is going to get worse, which she sure did! Big times! Two others haven't happened yet, so I don't know yet how accurate she was about that. But either way, this is what daddy Ra said about predicting futures:

"It is unknown to us as we scan your time/space whether your peoples will shop hither or yon. We can only name some of the items available for the choosing. The, shall we say, record which the one you call Edgar read from is useful in that same manner. There is less knowledge in this material of other possibility/probability vortices and more attention paid to the strongest vortex. We see the same vortex but also see many others. Edgar’s material could be likened unto one hundred boxes of your cold cereal, another vortex likened unto three, or six, or fifty of another product which is eaten by your peoples for breakfast. That you will breakfast is close to certain. The menu is your own choosing.

The value of prophecy must be realized to be only that of expressing possibilities. Moreover, it must be, in our humble opinion, carefully taken into consideration that any time/space viewing, whether by one of your time/space or by one such as we who view the time/space from a dimension, shall we say, exterior to it will have a quite difficult time expressing time measurement values. Thus prophecy given in specific terms is more interesting for the content or type of possibility predicted than for the space/time nexus of its supposed occurrence."

(09-17-2013, 05:40 PM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-17-2013, 03:31 AM)ChickenInSpace Wrote: [ -> ]Completely out of left-field? Meaning no left-field or very much left-field? Left-field/Right-field being masculine/feminine division or sts/sto division?

Heh, sorry...cultural idiom. "Out of left field" meaning "completely unexpected." Something I was not prepared for.

Do you want share what it was?
<removed>
Hey Austin, now that it's been a few years, looking back at that experience, does anything new that's happened stick out as synchronistic to that psychic reading?
(11-26-2017, 07:53 PM)Coordinate_Apotheosis Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Austin, now that it's been a few years, looking back at that experience, does anything new that's happened stick out as synchronistic to that psychic reading?

Ha, I forgot about this thread. I still think about that reading. I haven't been back to her at all since, but her legitimate ability has been validated through some pretty interesting readings with friends.

I did subsequently see two other psychics, though. More out of a sense of curiosity rather than guidance (which probably isn't the best reason to dabble in such magical things). One was an intuitive tarot reader at a psychic fair we went to soon after I had this initial reading and there were some correlations between the two readings that were quite impressive. Both the initial psychic and the tarot reader had the same story about my past lives and my purpose here in this life.

The other psychic I saw was a pet psychic who claimed to communicate with deceased pets. I also just went to her out of curiosity without much expectation, but my canine best friend was recently deceased. I know that this is a tired trope of people who see psychics, but she legitimately knew something about his life that was highly unusual and couldn't have been a result of some sort of cold reading. The message she delivered was not cryptic and would not be relevant to most pet owners. It gave me a great sense of comfort.

But, looking back at that original reading, even though she was very accurate about my past and present (at the time of the session), none of what she said I had in store for the future has really manifested. It does not surprise me, because I know prophecy is a finicky thing. Either she had tapped into a probability that simply didn't unfold or she misinterpreted whatever sort of communication she was receiving. I think that a lot of people go to psychics looking for predictions and foresight, so a lot of psychics sort of force that kind of stuff into their readings. It's a fun sort of parlor trick that probably draws people in.

But I think their value is more in their ability to offer insight into our natures and our journeys that we aren't conscious of. The way that the psychic framed my journey of incarnations and purpose here in this life has greatly affected my perspective on my life. It gave me a new context for things that I struggle with and has helped me to see certain lessons in a more useful light.

So, in regards to predictions, I'd say nothing really meaningful has manifested. But it was useful to me for all of the other reasons.
For me, getting a reading from a psychic is like getting a massage.  Each masseuse will read your body differently and each massage will be different.  Yet, each time each person is simply reading and responding to what you bring to them, whatever is showing up in your body at the time.  Over the years, if you get massages now and then, you get a sense of how you like you present yourself so as to get the most out of it.  Also,  you get to see patterns of what your body presents over time.  Likewise, a psychic is reading what your energy presents at that given time and repeated readings can you a sense of patterns in your energy field which may not be obvious to you otherwise.

The best way to prepare for such things, in my experience, is to put self as much as possible in a state of openness to what one is.

I've had a few readings over the years with someone who might be the same person you saw and at different times she picked up on different past lives, different guides and so forth, without realizing she may have been contradicting previous statements.  I also find that she has depth and clarity in some areas, and her predictions are not particularly accurate.

A long while back I worked for many years with a woman who, through a near death experience, had very clear connections on the other side.  I had a lot of complex stuff going on under the surface and her insight was quite useful.  It didn't end well, however, because she also had her limitations, and one of those was not understanding the dynamics of our relationship, subtly speaking.  She said I was attacking her with energies from other universes, while other psychics I consulted said that was ridiculous and that she was being affected by her own shadow.  Go figure.
I saw a psychic once, and they didn't even pick up that I was gay. I asked about relationships, and they gave this long spiel about the type of girl I would meet.
When I told her I was gay, she then told another ridiculous story about who I would meet. Totally not my type.
I had a pretty good reading once from a lady who predicted some pretty interesting things. She knew everyone in my house at the time were drunks (good guess) and many years later I found some very brief notes I had taken from our interactions, and she had predicted someone who I dated/lived with for a long while by name, and also named his sister to whom he was very close. She also had said that I would have a "past life experience involving California or Colorado" - and here I am in Colorado, where my husband is from. When I met him, he was in Oregon debating whether he was going to move back to Colorado to be near his mom or to California with his dad. Her reputation was that she was always really good with specific stuff like names and places. She had also asked me if I was a model, which is not something I've ever been interested in, and when I said no she pestered me as to why not. A few months later I had a pretty big modeling gig. This was going on 13 years ago now, and I've sought her out subsequently out of curiosity, but haven't found her!

I only have one other experience with a reader who gave specific information (I've had some other nonspecific general readings) and it was about past lives so there's no telling what specific information was right, but a lot of what she said had some weird coincidences. She said there was a lifetime in the mid 1800s where my husband and I were brother and sister and our family farm burned down with our parents and all our animals, and then upon my brother/huband's insistence, we had to make it to California, because it was a magical place where everyone's dream came true. She followed us west from Tennessee/Kentucky to the border of Kansas/Colorado - and had to stop because she stopped receiving information on that specific life. A past life experience with California/Colorado... This also seems to resonate with our strong desire to dedicate our lives to homesteading and tending to rescued farm animals.
As someone who's done a few psychic readings by reading chakras, I have to say were the ability to read others not so deleterious, I would be a full time psychic.

On top of that, were I not scared of feeling ashamed should someone accuse me of being fake, I would've marketed myself  more.

Further I was very uncertain at the time whether I was legit or just fooling myself somehow.

I feel that this path of psychic ability usage for yellow ray-sub-red ray (societal survival) or even sub orange ray (personal/otherself exploration) is actually one that stops spirituality experiences and calls further psychic experiences insread.  It stops kundalini rising essentially.  Attempting to explore psychic abilities seems to hinder spiritual experiences from being further manifested.  Or at least slows spiritual progress in preference towards psychic progress essentially.

It's sort of like asking intelligent energy to focus on psychic ability rather than spiritual awareness.

I think psychics get the short stick.  They slow their spiritual progression to try to help others only to eventually get shamed or burnt out.  It must require a complicated balance to live a psychic life on this planet's societies.

Still, as I said, I'd have been a full time chakra reader were it not so deleterious...
I used to be able to tune into people and feel their general energy and combine it with the energy of any crystal/stone I could imagine. I wouldn't even need to have the crystal or the person present. I could do it all remotely. I was able to determine that one person didn't resonate well with rose quartz. They confirmed to me that was the case.
I used to be able to tune into people and shift energy, and I believe do some work with people's timelines/probabilities. At least I could feel when the energy became smooth and in line.

Now I usually have to get energetic help from other beings. I can't really do more than a vague sense of sending them loving energy from my heart chakra. It's sort of pitiful how weak my energy has become.
Yeah, well, it's pitiful how sometimes a person can fall 4ft from the ground while putting up Christmas lights and that's the end of their life.

Like, I struggle greatly, despite my usual rants, believing that less than 15% of humanity will be harvested.

So this guy, an uncle, father, seemingly decent human being who did the best he could, isn't going to be accepted as loving enough to make it into 4D?  It's just hard to imagine that the human identity would be used as such a measuring tool to depict if one is worthy enough to provide further love.  It is quite a twisted lens, I think any light at all should make one elegible, but more, any sustained amount should make one harvestable.  Just one time where they were sustained at providing service to others.  I might b**** about my mom a lot but underneath all of her actions I selfishly judge, I think she should be harvested because I think her soul has done the best it could with what it had, and if that isn't good enough then I don't think anything ever will be, and I think the entire idea is a bit bogus then when love can judge love and hold it back from loving the way it wants to love.

Pity, it is pitiful indeed how our love/light can also be so twisted despite not being human.  As if to say, humanity has something to give souls, as much as they have to give us.  A sense of...  Morality, a much more profound understanding of mercy.  I think, if even one soul manages to make one sustained service of providing love, it should be considered for harvest, with the only judgments being for their safety.

Is it that pitiful?  For a man to die so...pointlessly?  Is it pitiful to feel Less Than?

You know Gemini.  You've put up with a lot too and you've managed somehow, to try and try and try to love, you don't seem to stay down.  So, perhaps it is pitiful that you've become smaller, or maybe its that you've learned to concentrate yourself on things that matter and now you're looking back at how big and everywhere you were, and seeing how much smaller and focused you are now, you think that's bad.

I think it's maybe good in a way.

You know.  It's like before you used to be really focused on anthros, then that led you into a path that has inevitably brought you here and now, to where you're putting so much effort into improving what you've accomplished, and more, expanding upon that.  Developing yourself.

It doesn't seem pitiful in that light then, that your psychic abilities were not the final destination for your life path.

It's just I feel like Earth has managed somehow, and that means there's a lot more good people here than we might judge from a glance at our world.  It means there's more love shining than darkness consuming.  That we're not destroying ourselves but persisting, there must be a lot of good people to make that possible.

I think, most of them should be considered for being harvested.  I think the limit should be if its too much for them to exist in 4D light, but I don't feel like 50% all sto actions as a single human life is the measurement for that.  I feel like that's judging the entirety of the soul by the very limiting and restricting human life it led, a life possibly designed to be so intense with disruptions of love that the few chances it shone through were squashed by surrounding circumstances, how does those few chances not qualify the soul?

It's a bit sad to think so many good people might not be allowed an afterlife of love that they'd go through this hell for, all because they were willing and loving to have a chance to help this place be better.

So, I like to think Earth circa2020 is much different from Earth circa1980, because in those 40 years Earth and its people have changed.

The real questions in my opinion belongs to the supervisors of Earth, the so-called Councils and Guardians.  And of all 3D really.  To put well-meaning entities through a gauntlet to have them prove themselves.  This is not of an unconditionally loving creation in my mind, rather it is of a distortion of that creation, and I do not know why the illusion is allowed to be culled in the light that emerges within it just because the darkness was given initial control.

It's like playing chess but the bright side has no pawns.

It's rigged.

What does that say about the overseers of 3D?  This is the idea behind difficulty?  Make loving souls go through gauntlets of darkness and separation?

The seperation has been decently explained in its mechanism, doesn't seem innately dark in anyway.  But the gauntlet of darkness.  Now that's different.  Catalyst used as a control mechanism to either cull or germinate the expression of love/light depending on the human ego's consciously informed  reaction to it.

Then to make it most noticeable in a dark light, in a place where darkness governs.

Just sounds so...  Unloving.

Sometimes things just seem amiss to me, like there's something devious, a lie, perhaps, hmm...
CA, that was inspiring. I like how you're real about your feelings. Even Scar from Lion King said, "Life's not fair."

I think some of us, or some beings in existence who are good-natured somehow want to experience darkness and unfairness. Something you can't experience in higher dimension in quite the same way.

I believe Ra said that 4D is emphatically not like 3D, or whatever word they used.

No, I still love anthros. I edited my book so that I could fix the mistakes, but also put in a couple of anthro images I commissioned. When I wrote the book they were just spiritual beings, not anthros. That was back in 2004.

I'm just fortunate now that I have some money in savings that I can use to promote it.

I'm like a project manager in some regards, letting each person do their tasks with minimal supervision. It would be over my head anyway their web development and SEO optimization.

I've heard it said that some won't graduate because the light will be too glaring, and they will choose not to graduate. It's all about a choice. I have a friend who is an atheist, and I respect him like I respect most people. I have a love for others because otherwise, it's a very lonely universe. And ultimately it's just One of us here.

Existence is a lonely endeavor. There's only room for 2 at the top, and the other is Truth.

I heard about a person with a near-death experience who found themselves in a white realm, with nothing else. A voice told them "this is your eternity". Then fortunately they came back.

That would scare me to death if anything at all was my eternity. Even being an anthro. I don't really desire to repeat 3D, but if I could as them, then maybe I'd take that. At least one more incarnation. But I think we are bound to Earth by our vibration until we can graduate.

The differences in reality in distant galaxies would boggle the mind I believe Ra said. Different archetypes possibly that the mind wouldn't make sense of.

So I'm not scared of death, just in being somewhere, anywhere, forever. Though merging with the One and becoming Intelligent Infinity again might be for an eternity. Until even that NOW moment passes. For NOW is all there is.
Ah.  Thanks.  I just think there's a misunderstanding because I really think in an unconditionally loving universe, even a halfway decent person should be able to be harvested if their soul is ready for 4D regardless of some objective limit set on life.  Especially since the various themes in personality, individual will, and surrounding circumstances, do not always allow a ready soul into the 50% margin, and I do say allow as in, without such interference in the desires of the ego's search for itself, I'm extremely confident that the individual would have succeeded in their mark for providing love consciously.  This world particularly does not educate in any real form except with fear-based dogma and stories of destruction and war in spiritual education.  With tales of our egoic bastard selves in one hand, and stories of vast mysterious realms in the other.  It's a wonder anyone can be harvested at all from Earth.  It's why I think one sustained service should be enough to qualify the life, and the soul's polarity should determine if it makes the grade or not so to speak.  It's ironically not fair to judge a soul by its humanity.

Just how I feel very deeply I guess, and sadly I feel erratically at times so maybe I'm wrong.

I do resonate with the idea of wanting to suffer in a sense for being bad, but I ironically see that if that were my case, I'd be a bit humbled by the ridiculousness of my choice.

I cared enough about something to hurt myself over it.  It must have been really important.

I just think 3D should be managed in a less brutal, ruthless sort of way.  Less emphasis on suffering, more emphasis on discovering how to heal that suffering.

Like, send a frickin alien liason to L/L in private, have an actual representative of lè confederaćion o' planets in service to god bring us some spiritual teachings in person.  If I'm to believe some people's accounts over the years, yall alien friendo's already do this for some people.

I think we're ready for some loving alien friends to come around and give us some help in 3D.  I think that should be considered in being permitted and implemented in the quarantine, and an acceptable mission to be undertaken by those who are willing.

I mean, teaching 3D how to polarize and perform healing, that's a whole new ballpark, instead of just leaving them to figure it out on their own, give them some keys and let them discover some truths the hard way.  Imagine how efficient polarization could occur then.

I hope I'll become more focused and less terrified of prolonged social interaction in time to manage my own work and eventually fund my own published works.

I believe withholding a soul from harvest due to that intensity of light being harmful to the being is all good and well.  What use to the 4D entity is there if it can't handle 4D energy?

Atheism, because we just can't know physically the metaphysical.  There's still a belief system there, choosing to believe in nothing is still choosing to believe in something.

That's an interesting way to put it, but, where's the top in infinity?  And if many are one, is one able to be lonely?  If two is the most, can infinity divide to make more out of the available 2?  Like subnetting an IP Address or making two halves into four quarters, you started with 1, now you're at 4, how far can you divide infinity and if all of that division will never fill the whole, can multiplying divided parts yield more than the sum of the parts being used to produce that sum?

What even is 2 to infinity?

A white-realm for eternity.  Cool, can I make stuff in it?  Should be fun!  Unless I'm all alone in it too.  Then we just end up with an Inception dream-within a dream world that after so long becomes a prison.  So maybe that guy's eternity is more than just meets the...

Uh...  E-eye?  

Either way, its also not unusual for some NDE's to be disturbing, perhaps to his soul that message is soothing, but to his human ego still activated while out of body, it may seem terrifying to imagine such vastness against their singleness, not realizing that they're actually a part of that vastness (and I just got dejavu)

It's interesting you'd repeat 3D as an anthro.  I used to...And sometimes still do, think that I'd retry this exact life of mine should I screw it all up and suicide or something, as a female instead of a male, to see if that helps at all.
I do think it's important to point out that I don't think harmonizing our soul vibration to Earth's achors us in any kind of involuntary way.  In time/space vanyways it seems like a soul isn't chained to any location through any real means except where they feel they should be, such as Earth despite its difficulty.

I would try 3D again but in a more leisurely way, a simple life in a good society on a beach.  A life of spiritual journey.  A life of ease and exploration with some exciting/scary moments.  A life of finding friendship and companionship.  A life of living in nature, or two.  A life of relaxation and intellectual pursuit.  A life of sharing and good honest fulfilling work.

I wouldn't want to learn about just love, but the joys that love can spawn in illusion.

And also a life of delicious food, great fun with others, and a lot of loving.

I mean, we've all been through Earth.  Let's go enjoy a 3D planet that isn't ruled by dark jerks and cold supervisors.  That has a lot of beaches and no real concept of violence for pleasure.

I am curious as to the profundity of the idea of a 6D entity being perplexed.  Their 6D entities might be greatly perplexed by us lol

I think Now is an paradox of illusion and actuality converging.  Where in it exists all things at once, but for so many within it (all of us) those modes of experiencing NOW are many as is the one that makes it up.  In this case, linear time, nonlinear-linesr time, simultaneity, parallelness, even ideas like dejavu and time loops.  Time becomes a great being of many expressions.  Time Lords, The Prophets (DS9), Time Capsules (that you bury), Time Paradoxes...  The Moment is infinite, Now is infinite, infinity is unconditional love, it seems everything is everything.  Where does time even begin or end?  Is it conceivable that it never did and just always is?

I think all I'm scared of is dealing with painful experiences in the afterlife and this life.  Is pain beyond a point really necessary??

Thanks for talking to me Gemini~
(11-30-2017, 01:31 AM)Coordinate_Apotheosis Wrote: [ -> ]I just think 3D should be managed in a less brutal, ruthless sort of way.  Less emphasis on suffering, more emphasis on discovering how to heal that suffering.

I truly understand your sentiment, CA, but you might consider another perspective.....

Q uo Nov 16, 1986 Wrote:Almost never is suffering, hardship and trouble used as the reason for choosing a future partner. And yet, this is the precise experience you wish to share, for your illusion is created in order that you may suffer and learn. That is the purpose of there being an illusion, for self-consciousness must be awakened. The third density begins with a sense of self asleep, and happiness and contentment do little to awaken the soul. It is the interactions with others that bring grief, suffering, loss and trauma which create the opportunities you most cherished before the incarnation.

You might consider that an emphasis on healing is up to you, particularly if your "awakened soul" would choose to pursue that.

Pages: 1 2