Bring4th

Full Version: Use of Names
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The purpose of this post is relate the use of naming God in Law of One, to the way this subject is treated in the Abrahamic and Dharmic traditions, in order to understand the underlying philosophy behind both.

In 24.6, Ra refers to an entity as "The one you may called Yahweh". Later in the quote is is said that Yahweh is "Now unnamed". These quotes tell us:

1. Yahweh has now abandoned the use of any name.
2. There is doubt, if in the first place, whether Yahweh was any sort of "True Name" to begin with.

This is consistent with Jewish tradition; Since ancient times, the name has "Yahweh" has no longer spoken, and all instance of it are replaced with "Adonai" meaning lord. In everyday the name of God is abstracted even further to "HaShem" meaning "The Name".

Ra uses both Adonai ("Lord") and "The Creator"

Both Judaism and Islam, additionally, have lists of the Names of God that are used for meditation. It is of critical importance to understand, however, that these are not truly names. They are Epithets/Titles. Think of, for example, The Roman Senate kept giving title after title to Caesar.

Otherwise, Judaism and Islam are Aniconic - not allowing any physical representations of God, or "Idols" as they call them. Some sects of Christianity, such as Catholicism/Orthodox use Idols of Jesus.

Dharmic traditions, of course, do use Idols.

In Dharmic tradition, god is called "Brahman". "Saguna Brahman" or with qualities, describes the use of personal representations of god. There are three ways to represent god.

1. Names, the highest
2. Yantras, such as Shri Yantra, identical to Mandalas in Buddhism. Islam also makes extremely extensive use of geometry.
3. Idols, such as Vishnu or Jesus.

However, god is in the absolute, said to be "Nirguna Brahman", without qualities.

So why was the name Yahweh Abandoned?. This is an extension of the prohibition on Idols, because, though higher, a name is also an Idol. Adonai, "Lord", isn't a name, but an epithet.

Also let me note the synchronicity of, after I finished my thoughts on this yesterday, going to the Gym and hearing the refrain for Lady Gaga song Alejandro
I am also curious how God differs from Yahweh, differs from YHWH (the fourfold manifold name of God), differs from the One Infinite Creator.

I heard there are angels that are at the level of Creator. I've always thought Creator was above God, as God created this Universe, and from Creator all that is exists. Creator is no different from Creation, in all the Infinite Octaves. While God I see as being over this Octave. Or perhaps it's pantheism, and God is the Octave. There's also Source, which I believe to be equal to Creator. Or maybe Source is a part of a larger Source.

Then we all are Creator, so when we are in higher density, we probably do not have names. Except Ra has a name, but it's one that I think they chose because it resonated to Carla and the group. Does Ra really have a name? The millions of entities that form the Ra complex, of whom many are incarnated here in 3D right now. Even my mom could be of Ra, so when we have our little arguments, it's good to remember this.
Gemini, The creator is God. God is Yahweh. God is one.

Ra's Philosophy is identical to Advaita Vedanta Hindusim, the dominant school from the Upanishads. In the Upanishads there are four Mahāvākyas, or grand utterances: "This Atman is Brahman" (This soul is god), "I am Brahman", "That Thou art", "Consciousness is Brahman".
Remember when Ra speaks of the members that make up the Council of Saturn? They say that 'not all have chosen names' though they will essentially make them up, because it is easier for us 3rd density humans, to understand about the information. We like to fragment things down into smaller bits so it is easier to absorb.

Yahweh was a chosen name in a certain incarnation in a certain density. Just like people are named mike... and then on next incarnation would have an entirely different name. He is probably now unnamed for being in a different incarnation, at possibly a different density as well.

Also yahweh is essentially the sound of the first breath of the universe, kinda like ohm... well exactly like ohm.

Remember, we are the creator. We are existing in multiple density's right now while experiencing this incarnation here, now on this planetary sphere. That means we are existing outside of time with Ra and Yahweh, our oversouls are there with them. We are yahweh, ra, ceasar, gemini wolf, hitler, buddhah, Tesla, Bill, Sagan, cat, fish, bug and all of the other names of everything that could possibly have a name. We are the Universe looking into a mirror of the Universe. We are god, looking at god. We are.
I would suspect that the vibration "Yahweh" is more meaningful than just a simple name, along the lines of "Mike." Apparently Yahweh was able to impress upon certain entities the knowledge of the Hebrew language, which uses vibration which is primal to the Creator. "These sound vibration complexes have power before time and space and represent configurations of light which built all that there is." Because of this, I'm assuming that the name Yahweh was deliberately chosen because it contains something of these vibrations, like BuddhistJedi says.

I also guess that the reason Yahweh gave up the name is because Orion was able to impress a bias upon people in regards to the name.

In looking this up and trying to understand it, I realize I am not sure of an accurate interpretation of this passage:
Quote:However, the Orion group had been able to impress upon the peoples the name Yahweh as the one responsible for this elitism. Yahweh then was able to take what you would call stock of its vibratory patterns and became, in effect, a more eloquently effective sound vibration complex.

In this complex the old Yahweh, now unnamed, but meaning “He comes,” began to send positively oriented philosophy.

I had always interpreted this to mean "Orion was able to impress distortions upon people essentially tarnishing the name of Yahweh, so Yahweh gave up the name of Yahweh and took on a more eloquent name."

I now see a possible interpretation of "Orion was able to impress distortion on people regarding the name Yahweh, so Yahweh took advantage of the situation and sent out positively oriented philosophy in response to the calling."

Anyone feel they have a firmer grasp on these semantics?
Any name is nothing more than a title. It's a result of our language construct requiring something to go back to when referencing someone or something. It's difficult for me to describe plenum by just saying his name to you. In fact, if you just met me, and I throw out a name like plenum, it means nothing to you other than identifying someone that I know. You still haven't met him, and even if you have, you will not "know" him by the first few minutes, days, months or years of being around him. In that analogy, if those who don't know Yahweh are given the name, they still don't know who he is. People, being human, will abstract understanding from a simple name.

This is not as prevalent when someone can be identified by a thought.
(09-19-2013, 09:34 PM)kainous Wrote: [ -> ]Any name is nothing more than a title. It's a result of our language construct requiring something to go back to when referencing someone or something. It's difficult for me to describe plenum by just saying his name to you. In fact, if you just met me, and I throw out a name like plenum, it means nothing to you other than identifying someone that I know. You still haven't met him, and even if you have, you will not "know" him by the first few minutes, days, months or years of being around him. In that analogy, if those who don't know Yahweh are given the name, they still don't know who he is. People, being human, will abstract understanding from a simple name.

This is not as prevalent when someone can be identified by a thought.

lol wut!

now I know what you meant by 'taking my name in vain' lol.

I will require further elaboraton in chat BigSmile
I was taught that That One cannot be named, or described (He or She), because any name or description would confine an infinite and eternal Power. Infinity cannot be confined.

That One is All things, and No thing simultaneously.

That One is All, and we are All One.
(10-05-2013, 06:15 PM)Charles Wrote: [ -> ]I was taught that That One cannot be named, or described (He or She), because any name or description would confine an infinite and eternal Power. Infinity cannot be confined.

That One is All things, and No thing simultaneously.

That One is All, and we are All One.

You've got it figured out, that's my central point. Sometimes I have a tendency to meander.

I would like to add, to perhaps bring more clarity to my original post, that a name is an exclusive property, a person can only have one name. However a title or adjective is NOT an exclusive property.

My Grammar is rusty, but I believe a name is a noun, while a title is an adjective. Also, pronouns such as the sanskrit Tat (That) or the Hebrew Ehyeh-Asher-Ehyeh "I am That I AM".

My personal favorite? Waheguru, the Sikh name for the Creator, meaning "Wonderful Guru(teacher)"
In my book, Rittikan was the name of the dream worlds.