Bring4th

Full Version: Sine Wave in Mantra Intonation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: sig_07.gif]

This is a sine wave (equivalent to a circle). Notice how it is divided into four sections: A positive rising section, a positive falling section, a negative falling section, and a negative rising section. Each is a quarter PI

A while ago, when listening to this version of "Om Mani Padme Hum", I noticed that each refrain contains four repeats, and that these exactly match the four sections of a Sine Wave.

The First repeat starts at a base, and ends high.
The second starts high, ends at the base.
The Third starts at the base and ends low.
The Fourth starts low, and ends at the base.

Listen:

Once I noticed this, and followed this pattern myself, the mantra became unbelievably more effective.

The Gayatri is a longer, four line Mantra. Today, I finally found a version in which this identical four-part intonation pattern can be clearly noticed:

Once again, this makes the mantra vastly more effective.

Anyone else notice this pattern before, in other mantras?
Best laugh of the past year was when I put that Om Mani and one of my own videos where I put that little kid from "what the bleep do we know" that moonwalks backwards across the basketball field and says "you can always go back in time" on top of each other.

Ended up synching so that a lot of the time the singing went "om mani back in time" or "you can always go padme hum" and so on. After a while I couldnt take it anymore and Just laughed for I dont know how long with tears running down my cheeks.