Bring4th

Full Version: The Fetishization of the word 'magic'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
we all wear masks. Some people like to wear bigger masks than others.

one such mask is the word 'magic'.

now as I understand it, there is the conscious mind and there is the unconscious mind. In the 3D Mind, there is a partition between these two components. It comes down like a garage door and creates the 'conscious' experience on one side, and everything 'else' (the 'unconscious') on the other.

Ra offers this thought on Card 7 of the archetypes:

Quote:100.7 Thusly, the veil is shown both somewhat lifted and still present, since the work of mind and its transformation involves progressive lifting of the great veil betwixt conscious and deep minds. The complete success of this attempt is not properly a portion of third-density work and, more especially, third-density mental processes.

now the process of getting to 'know oneself', to 'accept oneself' and to use the experience of life to understand the processes of the self lead to holes being made in the Veil, and more and more of the 'Totality' of the self being made available to see and utilise.

all studies in psychology will lead to a greater knowing of the self ('the mind').

meditation will lead to a greater knowing of the self.

integration of catalyst will lead to a greater knowing of the self.

- -

'magic' as it is commonly understood in metaphysical circles is, in most cases, an appeal to some form of 'magical potion' that will transform experience without the necessity for deep work on the self. It is like a medical pill - take this and you will feel better, without understanding the principles that lead to the original condition (dis-eased, lack of harmony, lack of appreciation of the consequences of self-chosen behaviour). It is, in other words, an appeal to control of the state of consciousness.

I used the word 'fetish' in the thread title because it becomes like a constant go-to process for those enamored with this state of mind. A 'magical spell' for every occasion in other words.

I also see the excessive and addictive use of 'mantras' and 'positive affirmations' falling under this category. I had a friend in real life who fell under the appeal of these principles, and if something disturbed his day, he would use his 'affirmations' to try and reset (control) his mind without understanding (and integrating) the self-chosen catalyst that was being made available. Hence his growth was stymied on the spiritual path; ie there was no real learning taking place, or alteration or transformation of the mental substrate.

there was time in the late 90's where all you had to do to sell a New-Age book was to slap the word 'Quantum' in the title of the book. Then in would sell. In today's times, there is a resurgence of the word 'Magic' and 'Magikal'; as if you just had to see this fetish word, and you are dealing with someone who knows what they are talking about.

- -

we all wish to understand ourselves better. We all wish to peak behind the curtain a bit more. There are plenty of methods available to support this process.
(09-23-2013, 05:41 PM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]'magic' as it is commonly understood in metaphysical circles is, in most cases, an appeal to some form of 'magical potion' that will transform experience without the necessity for deep work on the self.
It can be, because we get a taste of "green ray", long before we have balanced "yellow ray". But once you have balanced the "lower half", "magic" is simply conscious awareness in time/space which is a natural consequence of development here. Beginning with the green ray, there is an introduction to infinities, relativism, and the value of the individual subjective awareness. This new relationship of ego to self (and new connection to spirit), and associated feeling, is abundantly exploited through various rather silly notions we read about so often on the internet. Even the not so silly notions become so as we want to take shortcuts which involve dishonesty combined with some convenient idealistic fantasy.

The individual with the silly notion can't even invent how they experience their distortion, as they have not bothered to integrate that part of themselves in yellow. Instead they borrow that notion from the collective which suggests the most compelling - which is also a foolproof system of balancing - although a very long path to take.
The magic is anything, the communication, the fighting and roughhousing, the romantic loving, the self-discipline, all these channels of transferring the energy forms amidst the creative whole.
I think the potions referred to are those plant-form mentors which-utilized in an intense seeking- may help heal and alleviate certain distortions in some individuals. Hence why anthropology studies 'savage' animist peoples that yet remain from previous genocides of 'shamans', 'witches', as there are many verily involved with the plant kingdom which has a feel for the natural world which the anthropologist's curiosity is lured by(which by the way evolves as readily as the in-streaming energies allowing).

Unbound

So, I can get kinky with magic?
as you may fellow being

Brittany

We all have our choice of toys.
(09-24-2013, 02:10 PM)Brittany Wrote: [ -> ]We all have our choice of toys.

I choose as my toys Imagination, Darkness, and Time.

I imagine I live in a world where people have free will and are able to make their own choices.

Darkness that surrounds everything that we expand into

And time with which to expand.

Or at least those choices I made when I was offered a game of choice of magic powers.
My toys that work with me are adorable cartoon characters. Adorable as in young, but not too young, preferably male. And either of a woofer species: wolves, foxes, dingos, huskies, german shepherds. And anthro. When I focus on what I enjoy it feels magical, and can perk me up when I'm feeling down.

I'm not as afraid of my dark side as I used to be. But my meds mean I don't have to face it much. Except when my mom gets angry and curses, it gets me angry too. So I just focus on furry anthros and I'm feeling happy again. I have a strong bias towards them.

Unbound

Did you always have such a strong bias towards them? I admit I have found myself more than once wondering about the origins of your fascination. I encountered furry culture years ago and sort of tried it out but it never really resonated or stuck with me so I am honestly somewhat fascinated by your attachment to it.

Aha Also, I do not mean that in any sort of judging way, you are free to like what you like! I have just studied the many natures of attraction for quite awhile and it's simply a desire I do not fully understand so I am curious aha
No, I haven't always had a fascination for them. Been in the last 10 years or so. Well, I never really felt attracted to people. The anthros cause more of an attraction for me. They just fill in the void. It's one of the few passions I have.
Maybe strong bias is too strong a word. I have a healthy respect for them.
Anthros generally remind me of the FFIX main char.
Is it wrong to love something so much? Perhaps I'm fascinated with anthros because they do not exist. If they did, I probably wouldn't be as fascinated, because the newness would have worn off. Now, I can always find new furry artwork, so it keeps its newness.

Unbound

Aha I do not think there is anything wrong with loving something or someone dearly, as long as wisdom is exercised.
(09-25-2013, 12:07 PM)Tanner Wrote: [ -> ]Did you always have such a strong bias towards them? I admit I have found myself more than once wondering about the origins of your fascination. I encountered furry culture years ago and sort of tried it out but it never really resonated or stuck with me so I am honestly somewhat fascinated by your attachment to it.

Aha Also, I do not mean that in any sort of judging way, you are free to like what you like! I have just studied the many natures of attraction for quite awhile and it's simply a desire I do not fully understand so I am curious aha

My Letter to God might answer some of your questions regarding my bias.

-gw

Unbound

Hmm, well that was nice to read and of you to share it with me, although it doesn't really quell my curiosity but I would not wish to badger you with my intellectual dissections aha I admire your honesty.

Also, to add on to the topic, to be honest I feel that the same thing is done with the words "oneness", "unity", and "infinity".
(09-25-2013, 03:57 PM)Tanner Wrote: [ -> ]Aha I do not think there is anything wrong with loving something or someone dearly, as long as wisdom is exercised.

Exactly. I'm not like Meatloaf in the song "I would do anything for love". I have my limits, like breaking the law and such that I wouldn't do. I wouldn't willingly hurt another for an anthro either. My love of Creator is still much more than it is for anthros/furries.

According to another b4th'er, I have received thousands of gifts from Creator in exchange for what I've done for it. Gifts that only Creator can give. Anthros have never really done anything for me, except appeal to my sensuality and sexuality, as well as being adorable.

Unbound

"All is One" is not just a great philosophical truth and concept, but also a wonderfully convenient cop out of responsibility.

(09-27-2013, 05:01 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-25-2013, 03:57 PM)Tanner Wrote: [ -> ]Aha I do not think there is anything wrong with loving something or someone dearly, as long as wisdom is exercised.

Exactly. I'm not like Meatloaf in the song "I would do anything for love". I have my limits, like breaking the law and such that I wouldn't do. I wouldn't willingly hurt another for an anthro either. My love of Creator is still much more than it is for anthros/furries.

According to another b4th'er, I have received thousands of gifts from Creator in exchange for what I've done for it. Gifts that only Creator can give. Anthros have never really done anything for me, except appeal to my sensuality and sexuality, as well as being adorable.
Creator gave you something to direct your love towards, that's a pretty good gift. Although, everything needs love! Aha
Creator also gave me knowledge of the English language so we could have these talks, and discuss my beliefs on a forum that I heavily resonate with. Plus familiarity with the Law of One, couldn't ask for a better gift.