Bring4th

Full Version: Tree on Mars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 01-177-nasa-official-image.jpg]

Many of you around the world have likely seen the above Mars image recently circulating on the Internet and in the various news media. The source of this image is the MRO HiRISE science data and the strip is PSP_007962_2635. The media speculative hook is that the above evidence looks an awful lot like trees on Mars but isn't really. It's obviously a beautiful image with its colors and shadings produced at official level and this visual impact is no doubt one of the main reasons why the media is so readily reporting on it.

The official description of what is going on in this image in a brief caption at the image site is as follows. "There is a vast region of sand dunes at high northern latitudes on Mars. In the winter, a layer of carbon dioxide ice covers the dunes, and in the spring as the sun warms the ice it evaporates. This is a very active process, and sand dislodged from the crests of the dunes cascades down, forming dark streaks." In other words, this evidence looking like upright vertical forms and possibly trees is just an optical illusion. That's what they say...

The entire article may be read at the link below.

http://www.marsanomalyresearch.com/evide...s-tech.htm
Those don't look like trees since they all grow at different angles.

And these look like bushes ha.
[Image: M0804688.gif]

ayadew

Well I can only say: cool images BigSmile
wow! hadn't seen those before, great photos
Did you guys catch the research into the Martian meteorites. They're attempting to prove life on mars by showing microbial life in the meteors.
Comedy:

Why there are no life on Mars:

Larry: "Oh! I can't see! I can't see!"
Moe: "What's the matter?!?"
Larry: "I've got my eyes closed!"*

http://www.threestooges.net/quotes.php
I don't think that's a tree.
I don't think so either Jimmmarks. They would not have released the photographs if this was the case. There is life on mars. I have no doubt about that. But I doubt we'll find evidence for it in the mars pictures released by nasa. Guys like Hoagland make a lot of noise, but I have browsed his site on multiple occasions and really, "looks like" seems to be converted to "is" rather easily... Most of the time I don't even know what part of the image is so seriously alive to him. Supposedly it's somewhere under the arrows.

Mars had a bit of a disaster, one side of the planet is marked with millions of impact craters while the other side is clean meaning that potentially there was an event where the majority of these came to be in just one martian day. This is enough damage to seriously set back life millions of years. However it would not have wiped out all life on the surface or under it. It's a barren planet, about as barren as our most desolate deserts... Teaming with life if you know how to look. The pathfinder missions our most successful missions up to date were not equipped with life detecting instruments. These devices are cheap compared to a mars mission. Either they were totally enrapt in the spell of a would be dead planet, or they carefully designed around discovering a living planet.

This is my current desktop background. Big picture so I decided against inlining it but here's a link. It's an artists impression of mars after terraforming. Or before it as the case might be. Smile
http://www.acceleratingfuture.com/michae...listic.jpg
Interesting. I take this as definitive proof (not that I needed it, but others do).

I did as this video suggests (though I found the specific photo (Hale Crater) on page 36 instead of 21 - new images being added all the time) and see exactly what he is talking about; precise geometric patterns and shapes which cannot possibly be naturally occurring.

Smudging software was used on portions of this photo, and I expect it was lightened to hide detail, but as he says, reduce brightness, increase contrast, voila you see like you just put on glasses. Negative also shows the structures as well.

Here are three separate images I worked with, and I used different techniques on all three. What one sees is not a lens flair or an anomaly, but the same specific geometric shapes from the different angles, just as if viewing a city from different angles. Enjoy.

[attachment=219]

[attachment=220]

[attachment=221]