Bring4th

Full Version: lawofone.info search tips
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
lawofone.info is the place to go to search Ra. The pdf's are great for offline reading, but search is the great advantage of digital.

I discovered (or recognised) a cool search tool the other day. I can't believe I hadn't seen it till now!

the default 'search' searches your term both in the Questions (don's side) and the Answers (Ra's side). But there is a way to get only results for either the Question, or the Answer. It is a 'drop-box' option that comes up when you click the following:

http://www.lawofone.info/search.php

[Image: GDvdewi.jpg]

- -

it was a bit of a 'oh doh!!' moment for me.

[Image: UnRVvDf.png]

[Image: OEOQrq0.jpg]

ps I also almost always search for 'all words' rather than 'any word' unless it is a very exclusive term that I know for certain was only used once or twice in the material - for eg 'toweringly', 'extravagant', 'athanor' etc etc
[Image: hitchcock,alfredhitchchock,digging,grave...e49d_h.jpg]
isis who is that?
Alfred Hitchcock
wuts the difference between all & any Plenny?
(03-06-2015, 04:48 AM)Bluebell Wrote: [ -> ]wuts the difference between all & any Plenny?

ANY = terma OR termb OR termc
ALL = terma AND termb AND termc

when you do a search in google, the expectation is that the more terms you put in, the narrower the search results.  So the default expectation is (ALL) for normal search engines.

lawofone.info defaults to ANY which means the more terms you put in, it gives you more results rather than less.  

so green chakra (ANY) gives 89 results
green chakra (ALL) gives 3 results
green chakra (EXACT) gives 0 results
ohhhh thanks! i struggle w searches because i never know how to get more results Smile