Bring4th

Full Version: started a dream journal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey everyone

So over the past few months I have been struggling to remember my dreams. I tend to think my dreams are telling me important things most of the time, so I have finally decided to keep a dream journal. I started this morning, when I recorded the dream that I was having right before waking up. I often have dreams in the middle of the night, but when I wake up from them, I am so tired that I either have no motivation to turn the light on and write them down or I am too drowsy to think about them.

Have any of you done this? Maybe, further down the line, I will share some of what I jot down (once I have sufficient enough material to make it interesting).

fairyfarmgirl

Keeping a dream journal is an important step in becoming the dreamer instead of the dreamed. Before going to sleep set the intention that you will awake from a dream and remember the dream. Then when you do suddenly awake, jot down the impressions of the dream and then just go back to sleep. And dream some more. Smile

--fairyfarmgirl

Brittany

Last night I assured myself I was going to have an awesome dream, and I did! Hilarious, but awesome. You are right in that affirming your memory and writing down your impressions when you wake up helps you to remember your dreams better. I've been doing it for a while now and I almost always remember something.
(01-20-2010, 01:11 AM)colorado Wrote: [ -> ]hey everyone

So over the past few months I have been struggling to remember my dreams. I tend to think my dreams are telling me important things most of the time, so I have finally decided to keep a dream journal. I started this morning, when I recorded the dream that I was having right before waking up. I often have dreams in the middle of the night, but when I wake up from them, I am so tired that I either have no motivation to turn the light on and write them down or I am too drowsy to think about them.

Have any of you done this? Maybe, further down the line, I will share some of what I jot down (once I have sufficient enough material to make it interesting).

I agree with most of the posters here that intention to remember the dream will help you remember.

Also on a practical note- you can always use a digital voice recorder, if you don't feel like writing something down. I have used them successfully for the same reason. I will be driving and an inspiring thought pops up and I can simply record it. The recorders are small, digital and the files can be downloaded to the PC. You can get them starting around $20-30...
So I had a very unique dream last night. Luckily, it was right before I woke up, so I was able to write it down as soon a I woke up. So this dream, as most of my dreams do, came from another dream right before it that I can't remember. My dreams tend to morph and change into something different without me waking up. So this dream was about me dreaming. In my description, I will use the term first layer dream to refer to my dream in the normal sense. The second layer dream, will be the dream within my first layer dream. This is what I wrote when I woke up:

I was being led through ever increasing gaps on a bike by a woman (call her jane, although in my dream she had no name). These gaps would get steeper and steeper on the landing and longer and longer until I would land on an upslope. I would run into people from my life warning me, going the other way, that the next jump is really far and to watch out. I kept landing them, and so I kept going. These bicycle rides were a dream in my dream. I could wake up from these rides and go talk to another woman (call her ellen, although she too in my dream had no name) who acted as my guide and talked me through these dreams. Eventually, ellen joined me in my dream within my dream. I was crossing these gaps, led by jane, until I began to question why I was being led over these gaps. Me and Ellen went to go find Jane (this is in my second layer dream now) to ask her why I was doing this. She seemed to know we had caught on. She began to chase us and we had to run. Eventually, we were backed into a bathroom with nowhere else to run. I told Ellen that I was going to wake up so I didn't have to face her. So, I made myself wake up from my dream within my dream, knowing that Ellen would join me in my first layer dream (my waking state as far as I was concerned since I was only lucid of my second layer dream). Once I woke up back in my first layer dream, me and Ellen were standing in the same bathroom. Instead of Jane appearing in the doorway, my brother in the first layer dream appeared, implying that this little brother was the bad guide woman (Jane) from the second layer dream. I don't have a brother in real life, but in the first layer dream I did. I then woke up entirely.

This dream is one of the more unique dreams I have had in a long while. I'm not sure how to interpret it.
(01-24-2010, 12:34 PM)colorado Wrote: [ -> ]I don't have a brother in real life

This isn't real life, if you are speaking about your current incarnate experience. This is the illusion, the actual dream. In your "real" life you may have many brothers.

fairyfarmgirl

As one is awakening--- is anyone hearing and feeling as if they are passing through many cultures on Earth all speaking and singing at the same time--- and in the background as if on the TV in another room? It is most curious.

fairyfarmgirl
(01-24-2010, 05:13 PM)fairyfarmgirl Wrote: [ -> ]As one is awakening--- is anyone hearing and feeling as if they are passing through many cultures on Earth all speaking and singing at the same time--- and in the background as if on the TV in another room? It is most curious.

fairyfarmgirl

That's interesting... I've never experienced that before. I have however experienced being just a formless presence upon waking up in the morning and then "falling" into my personalty shell a few seconds later. It was a strange feeling... almost like I was a robot booting up and loading an OS. haha
(01-25-2010, 08:41 AM)Aaron Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-24-2010, 05:13 PM)fairyfarmgirl Wrote: [ -> ]As one is awakening--- is anyone hearing and feeling as if they are passing through many cultures on Earth all speaking and singing at the same time--- and in the background as if on the TV in another room? It is most curious.

fairyfarmgirl

That's interesting... I've never experienced that before. I have however experienced being just a formless presence upon waking up in the morning and then "falling" into my personalty shell a few seconds later. It was a strange feeling... almost like I was a robot booting up and loading an OS. haha

I have had those mind starting up again and adjusting to the surroundings experiences upon waking up a lot.

The interesting dreams that I have had recently like a few weeks ago:

- I can smell and experience in the dream. I am going around interacting with different entities and then I get a complete scan of themtheir thoughts, their experiences and their essesnce by smelling them. And not that I have stand there and smell for a long time but it is just a way of being. Like you and me talk and understand the single stream of thoughts. In that reality the completeness of their being is expressed instantly by the smell.

The very Next Day
- I could hear the experiences. Same concept but this time it was hearing that did the trick.

These two dreams just helped me understand our senses in a totally new way.

Brittany

fairyfarmgirl

I've had this...only a couple of times. Maybe not so much many languages, but an etherial music that seemed to encompass the entire universe. It was like music squared or something. It seemed too *much* to just be called music.