Bring4th

Full Version: What does your name mean?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was looking up the meaning of names on some internet sites and was surprised how accurate the descriptions were.
I started off with family and friends...

Either I got lucky...or...there is something more to this. (cue dramatic music)

What does your name mean?

You don't have to post your real name but it would be interesting to see how close to reality you think the description is.

My wife, for example was " a bright shining star", or in german, " Die leuchtende" (the one that shines).

What do you think?
My name means "Twin" and I'm a Gemini.
"Lord of right path."

Unbound

What about your name?

Mine means four different things - "one who tans hides", or "a forest" or "pine" or "an open field". This is Tanner in english, german and finnish.

My middle name is Michael which means "Who is like God?"

My last name is Hartmann which means simply means a brave or strong, hardy man.

Most typically I like to put these meanings together to say - "One who tans hides, who is like God? A brave, strong man."

For some reason I get the impression of being a greater cosmic spanker aha

As for accuracy, I have no idea!
Quote:What about your name?

Infinity.

Unbound

Why am I not surprised? Tongue
I wish I could say for certain I am Ra, were it not for the veil. I don't know what Ra's name means.

Unbound

Apparently it is considered either a word for "sun" or may be a variant or linked to words meaning "creator" or "creative power".

Bat

Matthew
Gender Male
Word/Name Hebrew
Meaning "Gift of God"

Source Wiki.

Brittany

Mine means "From Britain." I do have a lot of English in me.
I saw on another site that talked about 12 densities that the great central sun of a galaxy is not manifest. Not sure if that's true, but I liked the layout of how in that framework there are 12 densities. They are different than Ra's 7 densities.

If my name is Ra, then I'm doing a lot more to help them here than I consciously realize. And I consciously have worked hard to help them with their distortions. I've had faith that if I set my intention to do so, I can help someone with theirs on an energetic level. Whatever I am blind to the results of my work, so I have no attachment to the results. This makes it more effective in my opinion.

Thanks Tanner for clearing up the name. To me, Ra means family with unconditional love. Ra sees through the veil, which is something I've tried to do without having a mental breakdown while I do it. It can make one go insane when tapping into the power that is Ra. Thankfully I've got meds that keep me grounded, so I think I've gotten further than when I had to purposefully ground myself.
Void Bedrock Cross.

Melissa

Honey bee.
Muslim Meaning:
Pure. Happy.

American Meaning:
Pure. Happy.

Biblical Meaning:
Lady; princess; princess of the multitude.

Hebrew Meaning:
Princess.
Cool, I've never ever researched this. I always figured my name didn't really mean anything, but I was incorrect:

"Nathan is a masculine given name. It is derived from the Hebrew verb נתן meaning to give (standard Hebrew Natan, Yiddish Nussen or Nosson, Tiberian Hebrew Nāṯān). The meaning of the name in Jewish culture could be rendered "he [God] has given" or "he will give"."

"James is derived from the same Hebrew name as Jacob, meaning "holds the heel" (in the Genesis narrative, Jacob was born grasping Esau′s heel and later bought his birthright)"

"Parsons as a surname has an occupational meaning, and refers to a parson's servant or a person that worked in the parson's house. Another meaning of the surname is the parson's son."

It appears I have an extremely Christian/British name. RollEyes
Christopher

Early Christians used it as a metaphorical name, expressing that they carried Christ in their hearts. In the Middle Ages, literal interpretations of the name's etymology led to legends about a Saint Christopher who carried the young Jesus across a river. He has come to be regarded as the patron saint of travellers

I believe you share the same birth name ashim ? Or was that someone else I remember who's name was Chris?
Large Village.
Jeremy means - the Lord loosens, God will uplift
May Jehovah exalt. Exalted of the Lord.

Walker is my adopted last name after my mother remarried and my biological father gave up his rights.

Walker is an occupational surname for a fuller, or one who "walked" on raw, damp cloth in order to thicken it. Derived from the Middle English walkcere, meaning "a fuller of cloth," and the Old English wealcan, "to walk or tread."

My biological last name is Cox

Cox
English: from Cocke in any the senses described + the suffix -s denoting ‘son of’ or ‘servant of

So if I combine them, my nonbiological name would be something like walker of The Lord

My biological name would be something like servant of The Lord

I can't really combine them well so if anyone else cares to take a stab at the combos, feel free lol
Quote:From the Latin name Patricius, which meant "nobleman".
My name, Alexander, means "Defender of Men"

My middle name is Vincent which comes from the Latin "To conquer"

My last name is Scottish Gaelic for "Son of the servant of justice" (I think I had an ancestor who was a judge)
'Gar', 'Gareth', or just plain old 'Garry' meant a spear bearer.

I guess I am a warrior of sorts BigSmile

- -

or perhaps:

Quote:Welsh Meaning:

The name Garry is a Welsh baby name.

In Welsh the meaning of the name Garry is: Gentle.

Modest and brave Sir Gareth was a legendary knight of King Arthur's Round Table.
God is my Judge
(10-03-2013, 06:32 PM)Sagittarius Wrote: [ -> ]Christopher

Early Christians used it as a metaphorical name, expressing that they carried Christ in their hearts. In the Middle Ages, literal interpretations of the name's etymology led to legends about a Saint Christopher who carried the young Jesus across a river. He has come to be regarded as the patron saint of travellers

I believe you share the same birth name ashim ? Or was that someone else I remember who's name was Chris?

Yes, my birth name is Christopher.
Ashim is my soul name, the one my guides use.

Christopher - bearing Christ.
Ashim - limitless, without boundry, infinite.

My mother wanted originally to call me Ashley but I think dad insisted on Christopher.

Aloysius

Handsome Thorn :p
(10-04-2013, 01:03 AM)Aloysius Wrote: [ -> ]Handsome Thorn :p

Goddamn you have the best meaning lol.
André which means "Man" (in the broad sense, not gender), last name is literally "Oceanlake".

Melissa

(10-03-2013, 04:30 PM)Melissa Wrote: [ -> ]Honey bee.
Also; servant of Jesus & lemon balm.
Rake - 'A toothed tool'

Jacob - "one that takes by the heel"
In Irish it means God is gracious.
In Hebrew Shulamit means peace.
(Cynthia is not my real name)
I am a beaver stream.
Also independent (always self employed), forthright (aka honest, aka foot in mouth), Practical (true, also Virgo), consistent and efficient.
Pages: 1 2