Bring4th

Full Version: What if we're wrong?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I take it that many of us on this board follow the Ra teachings.
I tried listening to God once, and he gave me bad advice.
So it's hard for me to trust God.

But what if we're wrong in that we're all Creator, or we're all God. And in the afterlife we meet God, who is as judgmental as the biblical God. And he is angry because we did not follow Jesus.

I have meditated on Ra, and it hasn't gotten me very far. Neither has God. I remember telling God with tears in my eyes that I loved him so much. But I don't want to be on God's wrong side if it's like that. If there's an eternity to spend without God, I don't want to be God's enemy.

But if Ra is correct, I'd really be limiting my life by going the Christian route. I wouldn't thus be able to believe in a Logos, and that one day I will be a star. The Archetypes would have no meaning.

I want to trust Ra, and I had made up my mind that the first one I will call out to when I pass over will either be my guide, or will be Ra. But in not calling out to God first, am I upsetting him.

I know there's mystical Christianity which Carla follows. She reads the bible I imagine since it was used in a lot of the Ra rituals. Ra allows us to use our beliefs to follow the Law of One.

What if God minds that I call him the One Infinite Creator, because it's not his Christian name? As you can see, I am a confused wanderer. But the Law of One is more exciting to me than Christianity. I attended a Christian funeral on Thursday which made me question it all.
(10-06-2013, 06:42 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]I take it that many of us on this board follow the Ra teachings.
I tried listening to God once, and he gave me bad advice.
So it's hard for me to trust God.

I find it absolutely impossible to trust, period.

However, I have found the confederation to be absolutely understanding in this and that they have taken incredible risks that I know of very little, but what little I know of I am impressed with.

The confederation sources I have contacted throughout my journey midst the group of Ra have given me nothing but patience, love, and comfort. While I can say I do not trust them, and I probably never will, I can not deny that they are undeniably only interested in my well being and free will, the same of which can not be said for all other thoughts in my mind, such as the thought of this psychology these psychiatrists that lock people away for deviant though that I keep hearing stories about. Scary people those.

Quote:But what if we're wrong in that we're all Creator, or we're all God. And in the afterlife we meet God, who is as judgmental as the biblical God. And he is angry because we did not follow Jesus.

Then we'll correct our actions accordingly, its not about being right or wrong, its about, well, I cant really say what its about, but forgiveness and second chances seem to play an integral part in it. If I am so sorely mistaken after my life here that when such a time comes as you describe, and I have made the mistake of assuming God believes in second chances and forgiveness, then I will mayhaps not gladly, but not sorrowfully either, enter the gates of the underworld.

Quote:I have meditated on Ra, and it hasn't gotten me very far. Neither has God. I remember telling God with tears in my eyes that I loved him so much. But I don't want to be on God's wrong side if it's like that. If there's an eternity to spend without God, I don't want to be God's enemy.

Meditate not on Ra or God, as they are individual representations of the god principle. Meditate on how both Ra and God point at the same undeniable truth, that the charge of seeking within is what creates the light without. That is, when you search your heart for the answers to better, nobler love and clearer truths, you will see that God walks by your side every moment of every day.

That I believe is the general consensus of the material, not in the specific deity it creates to illustrate the point.

Quote:But if Ra is correct, I'd really be limiting my life by going the Christian route. I wouldn't thus be able to believe in a Logos, and that one day I will be a star. The Archetypes would have no meaning.

Every time you make a choice, you always limit away half of your options, you would be truly limiting yourself if limiting yourself scared you. To live is to limit the mind to the infinite truth that anything can be done immediately if desired, to die is to submit to the infinite power of the ever-present now. At least, in a way.

More to the point, the christian faith clearly dictates that everyone gets their personal heaven. Without failure. Any deviation from this is not supported in any way shape or form by any christian spirit interaction I have ever encountered.

More to the point, christian spirits in general seem to believe that you exists in hell to begin with and only through the open heart and seeing your neighbors as yourself and yourself as a creature of God and God as a benevolent friend who will give you anything you wish if you accept that all you have ever thought of as being wrong is always corrected, because there is, in truth, no wrong except the wrong you do onto yourself, could you possibly create a heaven on the ground you walk on.

Once again, christian heaven isn't a place you go to "after death" its a place you go after you stop believing in death. Not saying it is my belief, just clarifying some doctrinal misunderstandings about the nature of judgement.

True heaven is a heart openly shared upon neighbors and a welcoming to the hearth of the self and the community even the wayward child.

That I believe to be the core of the Christian faith, If not then I suppose it is the core of the Satanist faith, either way, I shall be in good company.

Quote:I want to trust Ra, and I had made up my mind that the first one I will call out to when I pass over will either be my guide, or will be Ra. But in not calling out to God first, am I upsetting him.

What God feels about you is between you and God.

I'm sure those listening for calls for Ra know how to deal with your signal at all times.

Quote:I know there's mystical Christianity which Carla follows. She reads the bible I imagine since it was used in a lot of the Ra rituals. Ra allows us to use our beliefs to follow the Law of One.

Ra neither allows nor would the lack of Ra disallow personal belief while following Law of One.

It might actually be said that Personal Belief in following the Law of One is what allows Ra to exists in the first place, not the other way around.

If you had no personal belief in the Law of One, you would have only the universal true view of the Law of One, which would be that ever-present bright burning consciousness that all is one and there is nothing to ever be done about that.

Or, to put it a more Raesque format. The light would be so glaring without your personal beliefs, that it would burn all sense of the personal you away from you until no will would remain and no creation would exists.

Quote:What if God minds that I call him the One Infinite Creator, because it's not his Christian name? As you can see, I am a confused wanderer. But the Law of One is more exciting to me than Christianity.

What if the Christian God minds that you have replaced it with another God seems to be the crux of the question here.

The answer depends entirely on which God we presume to be the Christian God. The friendly representation of the principle of open heart for the return of all friends, both living and dead, one day, to the great feast in the sky.

Or, the power hungry megalomanic planner who creates worlds out of nothing for some reason because it wants individuated attention from its followers but has not or can not ascend to a level where it can create an infinite number of always worshipping followers, creating a personality of a God that is stuck between wanting more power and refusing to create absolute power.

If we believe in the former, then I believe that not only would that God welcome you having renamed it, though I would suspect that It would prefer to go without a name for now as a name can only be properly given once you know what you are naming, and your personal god is not yet manifest enough to be named separated from the group god, as you still call it by the obvious group name.

If we believe in the latter then it is a relatively safe bet that said God is trying its best to conquer you back into its fold and will do what it sees as the best way to compete for your affection and attention.

The former can be used to generate a god that does anything you want.

The latter can be used to generate a god that does anything you want.

Its just the minor details that change.

All in all, you're more liable to give yourself a stomach ulcer with all this worrying than you are to have a negative effect on your spiritual development or anger a God that could not afford to anger. The way I see it, there are very few Gods that you could not afford to anger, and none of them you could find without enormous amounts of work.

Edit: *blinks a few times* did I just write that, wow.
There is one school of thought that our God is like a child compared to other gods, endlessly curious and kind. Thank you Not Sure. You cleared up a lot of my doubts. I say follow my heart, it will not lead me astray. Though one time it did cause me to make a mistake, that mistake could have been prevented. I think God in his infinite love cannot get angry or hurt. He is infinite, so how can we hurt that?

I'm just one of those that gets swayed by what I experience. My confidence from one day can be shattered the next. It all comes down to a questionable self worth. I like when you say christian heaven is a personal heaven, and it's where we go when we stop believing in death. And here I have been seeking death. Time to turn that around and start living. I just thought it's easier after you're dead. You finally can find bliss. But I did have a second or two of bliss today when I was seeking Ra. But it's about seeking the material, not the being.

I feel like a child at times. Enormous love for others, but not as much for self.
[Image: 2009-06-09.gif]

Maybe seek some new employment opportunities or something BigSmile
Thanks Not Sure. I feel better now. I've been told not to worry so much. And I could use less negative thinking. Like visualizing a happy, healthy life. But I got to work tomorrow, and it sometimes gets to me. I sometimes think about calling in, but I've only rarely done that. My job is very good to me. Good health benefits.

I have my dog Loki whom I love very much. Also another dog Desperado who is my 2nd favorite. He's like an old man, wants to be left alone.

I'm amazed at what you wrote. Good thing I cannot easily anger a god I cannot afford to. The Christian funeral I attended made me think twice about my own belief system. But I prefer what I have always believed since finding the Law of One.

I just need to have more faith in myself and my choices. The people in my life do not believe the same way as me.

It is a God who allows me to enjoy anthros, and thinking of the heaven I will find where they are plentiful. That will be amazing.
If I have no trouble accepting you as a co-creator and assigning* you a star in my personal galactic logos heaven, how many other co-creators do you think are out there willing to do the same. I'm betting its a pretty infinite number.

*Assigning would involve the same level of reality for your star system once it manifests as the reality with which I approach other semi-religious concepts like Mass Effect, "you" would be as real as say, the Quarians or the Asari.
You'd let me be a star in your galaxy, and one where I could create the planets as I wished? That'd be pretty nifty.

Brittany

After following that religion for 20 years, I spent several more years after my departure from its fold wondering if I was wrong and I really was going to hell. After much soul-searching, I came to a conclusion.

I don't care.

If God is indeed the cruel, judgmental, jealous, invasive tyrant depicted in the Bible, then I'd rather go to hell than follow beliefs that not only make no sense to me, but go directly against my personal ethics. To do otherwise would be hell anyway.

Then I'd probably gather all the forsaken souls and raise some kind of rebellion. As happens with any tyrant.

My advice would be to listen to your heart before opening yourself up to any other entity. There are plenty of things that can pose as God, Ra or anyone else and screw around with your head if you can't stand firmly in your own light.
I'm relatively certain that the purpose of "my galaxy" is to have the largest possible collection of the most different kinds of lifeforms that "my galaxy" can gather and then attempt to get them talking to each other. Towards that end you're doing a bang up job already.
So I'll focus on being a sun and radiating my light and love to my creation (which I had evidently made in prior experience). Maybe later I'll be able to incarnate into it, but preferably not in 3D. Though I don't know. I love my creation so much I'd probably take a 3D incarnation there. Imagine the solar logos incarnating on one of its planets.

There is lots of diversity, but not so much that species are thinned. There are many of each species. I would incarnate into an anthro wolf or anthro fox. They'd have a language that is like our Hebrew, but different as the sound of the language would have magic to it. It's a language that my creation creates for me. The language of the sun.
For me, it's simple. It wasn't about trust at all. It was somewhat about knowledge. It was definitely all about that knowledge applied to practice and experience.

The philosophy espoused in the Law of One is simply the most loving philosophy I can conceive of and comprehend. All other religions are similar but less loving. I've already lived most of my life with the understanding that your perceptions create your experience. I know I am a being of love wishing to experience more and more love. Thus, the Law of One philosophy flows naturally into who I am, what I wish to become, and what I wish to perceive.

I don't believe in an objective reality or truth of facts (God is this and this). I only believe in the objective reality or truth of concepts (Love involves acceptance. Unconditional love is one of the singularly most unifying concepts imaginable.). No other religion, spiritual teaching, or philosophy so fully describes conceptual truths about love as the Law of One. That is why the Law of One resonates with me so heavily. It's truth speaks for itself in the nature of concepts in the mind.

But it's not just the knowledge. It's the practice of the Law of One and becoming more unblocked that you experience the truth of the concepts it described. And behold the experience of becoming more and more love, by working on each and every energy center, is simply a beautiful thing.

You should explore your doubts. Examine your own beliefs. Do you doubt out of lack of faith? Do you doubt because of fear? Do you doubt indirectly because something else resonates with you more strongly? I do not necessarily think that the Law of One, while accurate, speaks clearly to everyone. Some many find more resonance in other paths, such as a flavor of Buddhism. As Ra says, it is the ever same information. It is important to see which path genuinely most resonates with your own self.

Follow your heart my friend, it will not lead you astray.
(10-06-2013, 06:42 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]What if God minds that I call him the One Infinite Creator, because it's not his Christian name?

Look up at the sky on a clear, starry night. Think about how vast and magnificent the universe is.

Now think about how incredibly magnificent the Creator must be, to have created such a universe!

Now, as yourself this: Would such a Being really be so petty, as to mind what name you use, or even what you believe?

Think about it. If you had a child, would you reject that child because the child didn't totally understand everything, and maybe made some mistakes in the way s/he talked, thought or believed?

No? You wouldn't reject your child for making childish mistakes? You would have compassion for your child, and continue to love your child?

Do you think maybe the Creator might be just as loving and compassionate as you are? Maybe even more loving and compassionate?

If you wouldn't reject your own child, then how could the Creator reject you?
Even though they often start from the same thought - "fear" and "courage" are two very separate thoughts/emotions. One is of the dark, the other is of the light.
(10-06-2013, 10:08 PM)xise Wrote: [ -> ]Follow your heart my friend, it will not lead you astray.

It's easy to say that, but my experience is something different. It did lead me astray on one occasion, pretty badly. But I am happy today. Reread the posts on this thread.

Thank you Monica for the star analogy. I imagine myself as one of those stars, in a solar system that I designed some time ago. That would be swell.

So it's ok to have a personal god. When I familiarize myself with my god, I could probably name him, though he would probably prefer to be without a name.
"You are everything...every being, every emotion, every event, every situation."

if we're wrong, if we're not all the creator of everything, then i'll be relieved; i want no part in the bad stuff...but then again to exist infinitely would likely get so boring it's not even funny...so it's really hard for me to doubt that i'm the 1 behind it all. eventually, though, i imagine we learn that every little thing, even the seemingly bad stuff, had to happen for some good reason(s).

Bat

The application of faith is the tool of evolution. Its the seeking that keeps us moving into more subtle realities of consciousness. If we had all the answers and new everything as a fact, then the journey is over. It is rather in the falling, the failing and the loss of faith we can find the most powerful lessons in the grand game of evolution of mind/body/spirit.
Gemini, is it is clear to all objective historians that Jesus did not consider himself divine.

Of the four gospels the first three; Matthew, Mark, and Luke are called by historians the synoptic gospels. [0]. That is because they have a high degree of consistency between them and are the earliest and most authentic portrait of Jesus as a Jewish reformer.

The fourth, much later Gospel, John is, as any historian will tell you, presents a portrait which is not reconcilable with the synoptics: It contains no parables, Jesus speaks constantly the first person using "I AM", and of course claims to be god. It is essentially irreconcilable [1]

Wikipedia: "Critical scholars doubt that the historical Jesus actually made these sweeping claims." [2]

If being saved through the divinity of Jesus was to be the central point in Christianity, why is this not mentioned once in any of the three Synoptic Gospels, let alone containing many phrases that flatly contradict it?, such as Luke 18:18[3]

Finally, I would add, the founding fathers of the U.S. were smart people. Did you know that five out of the first six presidents were Unitarians? [4] Are they all going to hell? Ask this to one of those mean evangelists, it's a fun question.

Thomas Jefferson in particular, spent a lot of time analyzing the bible, thus there are numerous quotes of his analysis. [5]

[0]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synoptic_gospels
[1]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel_of_John#Comparison_Chart_of_the_Major_Gospels
[2]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel_of_John#Jesus.27_divine_role
[3]http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke%2018:18-19&version=NLT
[4]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_affiliations_of_Presidents_of_the_United_States
[5]http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Thomas_Jefferson#1820s
Thank you jivatman for those quotes and references. It makes more sense now.
In the Christian funeral, they kept talking about how the lady that passed would see Jesus' face radiant like the sun.
But I wonder if we all are like the sun in the afterlife.
Quote:There is one school of thought that our God is like a child compared to other gods, endlessly curious and kind. Thank you Not Sure. You cleared up a lot of my doubts. I say follow my heart, it will not lead me astray. Though one time it did cause me to make a mistake, that mistake could have been prevented. I think God in his infinite love cannot get angry or hurt. He is infinite, so how can we hurt that?

(10-06-2013, 10:08 PM)xise Wrote: [ -> ]Follow your heart my friend, it will not lead you astray.

It's easy to say that, but my experience is something different. It did lead me astray on one occasion, pretty badly. But I am happy today. Reread the posts on this thread.

We all make mistakes man. Catalyst can be really, really hard. Often it's the biggest "mistake" that gives us the most potential for growth. It's how we learn from them and balance ourselves that matter.

If my words about following your heart do not resonate (or anything else I say), let them fall away. I would not want to impede you on your journey. Peace, brother.
(10-07-2013, 06:54 PM)xise Wrote: [ -> ]We all make mistakes man. Catalyst can be really, really hard. Often it's the biggest "mistake" that gives us the most potential for growth. It's how we learn from them and balance ourselves that matter.

If my words about following your heart do not resonate (or anything else I say), let them fall away. I would not want to impede you on your journey. Peace, brother.

Your words resonate. I just need to follow my heart within reason and beware of entities trying to trip me up.
(10-07-2013, 02:37 PM)jivatman Wrote: [ -> ]Gemini, is it is clear to all objective historians that Jesus did not consider himself divine.

Of the four gospels the first three; Matthew, Mark, and Luke are called by historians the synoptic gospels. [0]. That is because they have a high degree of consistency between them and are the earliest and most authentic portrait of Jesus as a Jewish reformer.

The fourth, much later Gospel, John is, as any historian will tell you, presents a portrait which is not reconcilable with the synoptics: It contains no parables, Jesus speaks constantly the first person using "I AM", and of course claims to be god. It is essentially irreconcilable [1]

Wikipedia: "Critical scholars doubt that the historical Jesus actually made these sweeping claims." [2]

If being saved through the divinity of Jesus was to be the central point in Christianity, why is this not mentioned once in any of the three Synoptic Gospels, let alone containing many phrases that flatly contradict it?, such as Luke 18:18[3]

Yes, and let's also remember that the books of the bible, like all other mythological and spiritual texts from other cultures, like the Bhagavad Gita, etc. - were all written by men. Ancient, primitive men. Humans. People have been brainwashed into believing that the bible is 'the word of God' but who decided that? Men.

(10-07-2013, 02:47 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]In the Christian funeral, they kept talking about how the lady that passed would see Jesus' face radiant like the sun.

Maybe she will, if that is her perception of God.

But keep in the mind, that the same Christians who said that, probably also believe that about 80% of the world's population will burn in 'hell' forever just because they have different beliefs. They also believe that God is angry, vengeful, and violent. (old testament) Those same people are the ones trying to scare others into joining their religion. "Convert or go to hell!" Bleh! That sounds pretty STS to me, those tactics. They have good intentions, generally, but the whole idea of believing a certain way just because some other humans said to, out of fear of going to hell, just doesn't work for me.

So really, I would take anything they say with a grain of salt. Jesus was cool. His teachings about love, peace, and forgiveness are good to follow. (Whether he actually said all that stuff or not, is irrelevant, in my opinion, because it's obviously good stuff. The part about forgiveness is really profound, and in alignment with the Law of One, so it makes sense to me that it would have come from a very advanced Master.)

But the rest of the bible, in my opinion, doesn't even measure up to basic human decency. The old testament is full of vile things. How people believe that is from 'God' I cannot understand.

My point is that the Bible is just like any other book. If you resonate with parts of it, then fine, but I am suggesting that allowing other people to frighten you into accepting that particular book above all others might not be the best way to decide what you wish to believe.

Note: I apologize for the generalization. It's not my intention to pigeonhole everyone in the Christian religion. I'm speaking of the basic beliefs of heaven/hell/Jesus saves/other religions are wrong stuff that is pretty standard in most versions of Christianity. There are exceptions, of course, like the mystical versions such as Gnostic Christianity, and Universalist Christianity, etc. I'm referring to fundamentalist Christianity here.
I have a feeling when it's all done and I've moved onto larger life, I'll laugh about how much I worried about things.

If we see what we believe, then I'll definitely be walking the steps of light rather quickly, if not having a break first.

I wonder if walking the steps of light is a pleasant thing, or if you struggle for each new step.

I've had an internal debate about whether I will call out to Ra or to God first when I pass on. I had a feeling that the one I choose first will be important. I wanted to call out to Ra first, because Ra feels closer to me. God being almighty God. But I forget that God is in everything, and God is more than that. We are God ourself, so it would be like calling out to myself.

That is if I even need to call out to anyone, and I will be greeted instead. That would be nice. I don't think I'll be alone when I pass over.
(10-08-2013, 11:45 AM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]I have a feeling when it's all done and I've moved onto larger life, I'll laugh about how much I worried about things.

Undoubtedly! Smile
(10-08-2013, 11:45 AM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]I've had an internal debate about whether I will call out to Ra or to God first when I pass on.

Why is do you think, that many of the confederation do not partake in names and naming?
Let the debate continue for as long as necessary. Smile
If your right you'll never think your wrong.
I just have used philosophy and reasoning and know from empirical evidence that the Christian ideals are based on faulty reasoning which makes them false be default.
(10-08-2013, 10:47 PM)MarcRammer Wrote: [ -> ]I just have used philosophy and reasoning and know from empirical evidence that the Christian ideals are based on faulty reasoning which makes them false be default.

False or misunderstood ?
Yes, the bible itself proves their views to be flawed. It's a lack of knowledge that allows them to misunderstand and which renders their reasoning false. The bible itself is what made me no longer believe as a Christian. It is polytheistic in the beginning and a deep study shows that it is merely a compilation of books by people who believed those book to fit their belief system. The early church fathers had radically different theology and philosophy also, see Origen's transmigration of souls and work on Yahweh and the Most High being different entities.
The Bible, the Koran and Hindu teachings are all filled to the brim with esoteric material, should one know where to look. To say they are without substance or correctness is a bit narrow, imo. That there have been power structures which take advantage of structured religion to introduce interpretations and passages not native to the original context or intent of the Bible (for example) is also pretty well known but would not be counted to reduce the worth of what esoteric knowledge is still there unless the introduced or reinterpret knowledge takes majority of presence in the mind of a reader.
CIS, I never said that. I said they don't hold up fundamental Christian doctrines. As my title suggests I am a avid follower of Jesus' teachings and have a foundation in Gnosticism. But the Christian doctrines don't hold up to scrutinization against their basis text without saying beforehand that the text is perfect and doesn't contradict itself before they bring it together. I'm all for the bible as a esoteric text, but just as when I read a sutra they may be things that I disagree with, the same goes for the bible.
Pages: 1 2