Bring4th

Full Version: Leap of faith? No problem.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Might I suggest to anyone who may be contemplating a leap of faith type of action in their lives, to not even call it that in your mind. In your clearest moments free from distraction, you can feel your own spirit guiding you to certain decisions...but then when you return to the presence of other humans and their own thoughts and beliefs come out and cloud your judgement, you don't feel safe anymore do you? Now that leap of faith sounds absurd, foolish, and fear has taken hold of the dream.

Stop calling it a leap of faith.

Instead, call it for what it actually is. A transition. A transformation. A choice.

That's all it actually is.

No "faith" required. Just the simple knowing that transitions can be rocky for several reasons, and the bigger they are the more rocky they may feel.

Go on and make the desired changes to your life as YOU see fit. Your higher mind is always available to you for counsel. Have fun with the process!
(10-18-2013, 08:48 PM)Turtle Wrote: [ -> ]Might I suggest to anyone who may be contemplating a leap of faith type of action in their lives, to not even call it that in your mind. In your clearest moments free from distraction, you can feel your own spirit guiding you to certain decisions...but then when you return to the presence of other humans and their own thoughts and beliefs come out and cloud your judgement, you don't feel safe anymore do you? Now that leap of faith sounds absurd, foolish, and fear has taken hold of the dream.

Stop calling it a leap of faith.

Instead, call it for what it actually is. A transition. A transformation. A choice.

That's all it actually is.

No "faith" required. Just the simple knowing that transitions can be rocky for several reasons, and the bigger they are the more rocky they may feel.

Go on and make the desired changes to your life as YOU see fit. Your higher mind is always available to you for counsel. Have fun with the process!

Thank you. A much needed message Smile
Reminds me of this quote:

(10-14-2013, 11:19 AM)Parsons Wrote: [ -> ]Well at least negative information is fairly easy to determine through a
question: does it encourage you to drastically change your actions?

I don't do leaps of faith, because they are drastic.

Melissa

I thought about moving again, because I don't like living next to my mother and I just want to leave everything behind and 'start over' in another country. BUT, I've never really felt safe anywhere so moving again probably won't do any 'good'. Plus, when I move into a new place it's usually a matter of 5/6 months (tops) until I feel utterly restless and the intense desire to move on.

Melissa

double post
I was once ready to up and leave to Colorado, at the behest of some negative influences. Thoughts planted by a negative being. I'm glad a friend talked me out of it, or I'd have lost everything.
(10-19-2013, 11:05 AM)Melissa Wrote: [ -> ]double post

some things really need to be said twice.

some things really need to be said twice.