Bring4th

Full Version: D.B. Larson 1978 speech - "The Fundamentals of Science in the Twenty-First Century"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Principal Address to the Third Annual NSA Conference
University of Utah, Salt Lake City, August 18, 1978

http://www.reciprocalsystem.com/lec/larlect1978.htm

Watched this last night. Good stuff. Audacious in that he's taking on Einstein, the patron saint of twentieth-century thought. He points out the similarities of Einsteinian theory with Ptolemaic (pre-Renaissance) thought.

Watching this, you feel that his ideas must be about to take over the world. And yet, that was 1978 and this is 2013 and he's still, as far as I can tell, relatively unknown.
His system was/is too difficult to understand and largely philosophical rather than mathematical, and as compelling as it was to people that do understand it, not amenable to experiment and falsifiability.

People want a practical bridge from old to new ideas, not a completely new system of treating the physical universe from the ground up. The Reciprocal System is a lot to digest and anyone that takes it on to make it practical will have to solve a lot of conceptual problems which Larson and others have yet to do. In fact, I'd think one would have to be somewhat of a philosopher (i.e. epistemology) to be able to modify Larson's treatment to be suitable for analysis and scientific purposes. Such insight is rare though and I'd say most working scientists are way too specialized in thought.
So let's say you were, as someone very close to me is, a high school senior interested in philosophy, physics, and the Law of One. What course of study and career would you suggest in order to have time, training, and resources to pursue such an effort?
(11-02-2013, 05:04 PM)βαθμιαίος Wrote: [ -> ]So let's say you were, as someone very close to me is, a high school senior interested in philosophy, physics, and the Law of One. What course of study and career would you suggest in order to have time, training, and resources to pursue such an effort?
I'm really not sure. Probably simply working toward an advanced degree in theoretical physics while developing an appreciation of the arbitrary decisions science has made in the course of providing us with the legacy frameworks we have to work with today.