Bring4th

Full Version: What is it?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I apologize if I am getting ahead of myself but I have 2 'burning questions'.
I am only up to about 50 in the LOO, perhaps more answers are coming.
I am also reading some of the threads telling stories of 'awakening'.
So the questions:
1) How do you know you are a wanderer? (and why would it matter?)
My nice little 'ding' of truth isn't helping me on this one for myself, it did however ding when I considered my current teacher/student/mate. I took the 'quiz' and scored very low so right now I lean that I am not a wanderer. Further I did get ding on "I am not currently harvestable" (the thought went thru my mind while reading something about it in the LOO and there was definate confirmation).

2) Exactly what constitutes 'awake'.
Hi Chett,

We already have some good discussions of these topics in the "strictly Law of One" forum. Please check if the material there might serve to answer your questions. In addition to the thread titles, try the forum search function for each of your keywords: wanderer, harvestable, awake.

I'll be happy to join you in a fresh discussion here if an existing one doesn't serve your interests. But I think it's most likely that you will find an ongoing discussion about just the very questions you have in mind.

ayadew

Does it matter if a test qualify you as a wanderer? Would it make further difference if I told you you were? If all humans on the planet told you?
You are you. Smile
(01-23-2010, 04:25 AM)ayadew Wrote: [ -> ]Does it matter if a test qualify you as a wanderer? Would it make further difference if I told you you were? If all humans on the planet told you?
You are you. Smile
aye right you are, which is why I put that second part - does it matter?
I found at least the thread on what does awake mean - useful information. I think what I am really attempting to do here is get my terminology straight rather than establish 'boxes' - not sure you can do that with the limits of language but worth a shot. BigSmile
(01-23-2010, 01:52 AM)Chett Wrote: [ -> ]1) How do you know you are a wanderer?

Unless you have dreams or visions of previous lives elsewhere, I don't think you know, but you may certainly suspect.

(01-23-2010, 01:52 AM)Chett Wrote: [ -> ](and why would it matter?)

Personally, I'm not convinced it does.

(01-23-2010, 01:52 AM)Chett Wrote: [ -> ]2) Exactly what constitutes 'awake'.

It might be helpful to think of awakeness as a scale from "not at all" to "aware of self as Creator at all times and able to bring that awareness into manifestation at will". Surely most of us are somewhere along that scale, probably different places at different times.

seejay21

The word awake is used because there are no words to describe "knowing". If I were fully awake right now, there wouldn't reply to this thread. you can't be "awake" and be "here" at the same time. People that have been awake are not when they are telling you about it. They can only tell you what they managed to remember. It isn't a perpetual state of "knowing".
I see that the discussion is staying here so let me see if I can catch up with the parade. BigSmile

If a person is a wanderer, and they learn about the concept of wanderers, they will find comfort and peace in this material. It will help them understand why their innate bias towards love and support is so frequently met with hostility, confusion, challenging circumstances, poor health, and so on. This understanding will help them realize that their bias is not wrong for them, instead, they serve as a lighthouse amid very stormy seas. It's normal in that circumstance for the cliffs to get smashed by the waves.

If a person is not a wanderer, but does have kindness and goodwill, then the wanderer concept can help them deal patiently with those who may be wanderers. These other people can sometimes be in a daze somewhat like "jet lag." Rather than being written off as space cadets, they can be perceived as those sincerely seeking to share love in a world they don't quite understand.

This applies to STO wanderers who we're more likely to encounter on this site.

In my opinion, it's not necessary to understand or believe in the wanderer concept to benefit from the Law of One material. Whether or not one is a wanderer, for those seeking to serve, this life is about finding the love in each moment.

Concern about whether one is harvestable is also not necessary, as I understand the material. The important thing is to be aware of the STO/STS choice, to make that choice and to increase one's polarity in the events and choices of daily life. This is the best way to prepare for the harvest or for whatever might come along.

I see "awake" in Law of One terms as meaning open to the flow of love and grace, tuned in to the highest truth one is capable of perceiving and applying, as free as possible of distortions or misunderstandings. There may well be a Ra quote that gives a more concise definition.
(01-24-2010, 03:00 PM)Questioner Wrote: [ -> ]If a person is not a wanderer, but does have kindness and goodwill, then the wanderer concept can help them deal patiently with those who may be wanderers. These other people can sometimes be in a daze somewhat like "jet lag." Rather than being written off as space cadets, they can be perceived as those sincerely seeking to share love in a world they don't quite understand.
Thanks. This helps me understand a bit why I was led here.I am rather sure I know a wanderer well. If he was to see/believe this material I am sure he would claim to be STS but knowing him I am sure he is STO. I wonder which is more important for polarization, intent or result?
(01-24-2010, 10:30 PM)Chett Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder which is more important for polarization, intent or result?

Intent is everything, result is but the result of intent. Our thoughts speak higher than our actions, as thought is an action when you start moving into higher densities.
(01-25-2010, 01:43 AM)Purple Dragon Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-24-2010, 10:30 PM)Chett Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder which is more important for polarization, intent or result?

Intent is everything, result is but the result of intent. Our thoughts speak higher than our actions, as thought is an action when you start moving into higher densities.

Hi Purple Dragon,
Beautifully said! Smile
I may add that intent, since it comes from the depth of your being-ness, is who you really are.

L/L
W.
(01-23-2010, 01:52 AM)Chett Wrote: [ -> ]1) How do you know you are a wanderer? (and why would it matter?)
Know thyself!

Quote:2) Exactly what constitutes 'awake'.
When you are awake, you know that you are.

Hi Chett,
Welcome to the forum Smile

L/L
W.
(01-25-2010, 01:43 AM)Purple Dragon Wrote: [ -> ]Intent is everything, result is but the result of intent. Our thoughts speak higher than our actions, as thought is an action when you start moving into higher densities.
While that seems correct at first, I am not so sure. Consider this example:

Pedophiles, especially those that belong to things like NAMBLA truly believe that their actions are based on love and in the best interest of the children ... the result doesn't appear to be so. Can we then say these are positive polarized people?

And on the other side if a person believes they are cleaning up politics in a town in their own self interest, say because the local corruption ruins their business but in fact makes the town better for most (obviously not the crooks) is that person negatively polarized?
The thing that is difficult to measure (and shouldn't be by anyone except the self) is the fact that (as in your first example) although they say they "believe their actions are based on love and in the best interest of the children", do they really believe this or are they just saying it? Whether someone is positive or negative can only be judged by the self, no other will really know the motives behind an action.

Personally, I think one of the best ways to evaluate intent being either Positive or negative is simple:
A positive intent will sacrifice themselves for the benefit to others while a negative intent will sacrifice others for the benefit of themselves. Hopefully that helps clear that point up Smile
Intent, by its very nature is known only in the heart of the person (at least until we have telepathy). Still I find the question interesting considering how many 'well meaning' bumblers we have in the world. In fact it appears to me that a lot 'evil' happens in this world brought on by the best of intentions.

I suppose this could be viewed as providing useful catalyst to the 'victims' but its still a difficult concept to wrap ones head around.
(01-25-2010, 06:01 AM)Chett Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-25-2010, 01:43 AM)Purple Dragon Wrote: [ -> ]Intent is everything, result is but the result of intent. Our thoughts speak higher than our actions, as thought is an action when you start moving into higher densities.
While that seems correct at first, I am not so sure. Consider this example:

Pedophiles, especially those that belong to things like NAMBLA truly believe that their actions are based on love and in the best interest of the children ... the result doesn't appear to be so. Can we then say these are positive polarized people?

And on the other side if a person believes they are cleaning up politics in a town in their own self interest, say because the local corruption ruins their business but in fact makes the town better for most (obviously not the crooks) is that person negatively polarized?

Hi Chett,
You'll find in the Law of One what the STO vs STS is when you read further.Smile
Basically, an STS oriented person will 'force' others to do they own will and, for their own benefit - hence the example of the pedophil and politiciens you give. They both are forcing their own agenda.

While an STO orientated person will consider the benefit of others in relation to their actions, words and thoughts and, they will respect and value the others in their differences.

I disagree with the concept of 'sacrifice' in the STO. It may be a genuine tendency for an STO however, it should not be encouraged. Remember that you are the other person you are relating with therefore, for the same reason that you do not impose suffering upon another, it is only fair that you should not impose suffering upon yourself either. You should do your best to respect the life which the creator gave you on this 3rd density plane.
Sacrifice is a distortion invented by STS in order to find a better acceptance when they force their energy taking onto another. Besides, sacrifice produces not only a victim but also a vilain and, producing a vilain in action is not of an STO path.

Take care,
L/L
Whitefeather
Hmm, does this mean that those who don't face hostility or many challenging circumstances, and have great health are probably not wanderers? Or is it just that I don't let things get to me?

I have had a passion for learning this material, reading Carla's books, and am certain I am a wanderer. I feel an inner peace in knowing so, otherwise if that were a lie to me I would feel that.

Things have been rather easy for me, but then I have learned to let go and ride the river.

(01-24-2010, 03:00 PM)Questioner Wrote: [ -> ]If a person is a wanderer, and they learn about the concept of wanderers, they will find comfort and peace in this material. It will help them understand why their innate bias towards love and support is so frequently met with hostility, confusion, challenging circumstances, poor health, and so on. This understanding will help them realize that their bias is not wrong for them, instead, they serve as a lighthouse amid very stormy seas. It's normal in that circumstance for the cliffs to get smashed by the waves.

(01-24-2010, 03:00 PM)Questioner Wrote: [ -> ]In my opinion, it's not necessary to understand or believe in the wanderer concept to benefit from the Law of One material. Whether or not one is a wanderer, for those seeking to serve, this life is about finding the love in each moment.

Concern about whether one is harvestable is also not necessary, as I understand the material. The important thing is to be aware of the STO/STS choice, to make that choice and to increase one's polarity in the events and choices of daily life. This is the best way to prepare for the harvest or for whatever might come along.

True, it is not necessary to have knowledge of it. But us knowing these things makes life much more interesting doesn't it. I think it empowers us.