Bring4th

Full Version: If you want magical ability...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is the most crucial passage in the whole material in this regard.

Quote:42.12 Questioner: In the last session you said, “the self, if conscious to a great enough extent of the workings of the catalyst of fasting, and the techniques of programming, may through concentration of the will and the faculty of faith alone cause reprogramming without the analogy of fasting, diet, or other analogous body complex disciplines.” What are the techniques of programming which the higher self uses to ensure that the desired lessons are learned or attempted by the third-density self in our third-density incarnational laboratory?

Ra: I am Ra. There is but one technique for this growing or nurturing of will and faith, and that is the focusing of the attention. The attention span of those you call children is considered short. The spiritual attention span of most of your peoples is that of the child. Thus it is a matter of wishing to become able to collect one’s attention and hold it upon the desired programming.

This, when continued, strengthens the will. The entire activity can only occur when there exists faith that an outcome of this discipline is possible.

Bat

So in short, meditate. Smile
In fact, the term Yoga comes from the root yuj samādhau, to concentrate. And while it includes physical, mental, and spiritual excersizes, they are built around concentration and discipline.

However, it is to be noted that the teacher of the Law of One, Adi Sankara, privileged direct understanding of the Law of One over concentration alone, though he agreed that Yoga is an aid.

Unbound

A master on his deathbed was surrounded by his disciples and they asked if he could leave them with some final words to guide them.

He said, "Attention."

The students did not really get it, they thought that couldn't be all. So they asked again.

He said, "Attention."

The students were still somewhat baffled by this and so asked one more time.

He said, "Attention."

The master then passed away and the students realized what he was saying. They were not being attentive because they were too busy with their yearnings and curiosity to know the wisdom of the master.

I usually couple this with another story of a master who was asked what his meditative practice was.

He said, "When am I not paying attention?"

This is to imply that meditation is actually just a vehicle, a means to an end, and one who is in awareness and paying attention does not need a practice to bring them back in to a state of attentive awareness of what is, for they are always there.
For me it's acceptance the important thing.
(10-26-2013, 01:18 PM)Tanner Wrote: [ -> ]This is to imply that meditation is actually just a vehicle, a means to an end, and one who is in awareness and paying attention does not need a practice to bring them back in to a state of attentive awareness of what is, for they are always there.
Ra: "It is the being that informs the working, not the working that informs the being."

So when we initially reach the vibration that allows "magic" or so-called "psychic" ability, we are inevitably not yet in a position to appreciate the flow of that vibration as a natural phenomena. That is because mind as not yet been prepared for the experience and the balance that affords an initial peak is delicate and very circumstantial until as Ra says the being is "crystalized". Meditation can create a circumstance where magical ability is afforded because it can take what balance has been achieved so far to provide necessary centering to support the flow of energy. However, the longer-term work is in refining the balance of lower centers (by addressing more aspects of self) so that the natural resting place of energy is simply higher - in more circumstances, without the aid of centering practices.

Unbound

Couldn't have said it better myself!
(10-27-2013, 01:12 AM)Tanner Wrote: [ -> ]Couldn't have said it better myself!

Yeh, zen did a copy and paste from his higher self hard drive.
a+b=c
Nothing will sharpen your attention more than a 10 day meditation. http://www.dhamma.org