Bring4th

Full Version: from Information Scarcity to Information Glut
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am old enough to remember when information used to be a Scarcity.

you had to listen to the radio to get the latest news, or wait for a program to appear on televison. If you didn't have the book or encyclopedia at home, you had to make a trip to the library (if it was open and close enough) to look something up. Information came through very distinct media sources, and you had to wait for it.

how times have changed : )

- -

one of the big reasons why I got into computers at a young age (from about the time of the Commodore 64, didn't own one, but looked on as others 'loaded' their games via tape), was the promise it held for liberating information. Here was a 'new' way of distribution.

and so with the development of the pc, the mass arrival of mobile phone and dialup internet around 1994, adsl in the early 2000's, and 3g and 4g internet via your tablet or cellphone whereever you go around the world ... information is no longer scarce. You can find whatever you want (popular media speaking) on itunes, and watch on whatever device you happen to be on. You can look up definitions. You can keep up with the 'news'. Your social network is a continuing sea of events and funny pictures. The scarcity indeed is gone.

it is, rather, now a glut.

and much like there was a time when food was scarce and people stayed lean (the fat man was the rich man, as an archetype of old), these days, with mass food being cheap and easy, obesity is a surefire result.

and what happens when there is in information glut? what separates one source of information from another apart from its ability to entertain and titillate and occupy our mind for a while?

- -

it is a question worth considering (in my view). I am by no means suggesting that we return to some static ideal of the gatekeeper of media, where editors determined the 'quality sources' that would be published for wide distribution. Such a thing would not even be possible.

I think one of the reasons why the Ra Material is considered important and valuable by the members who turn up here (it being the one common attraction, really, of those who found their way here) is that in a sea of rather trivial and surface information, it actually penetrates the illusion of superficiality and actually has something to say. It speaks to more timeless elements. Or as Ra would term it - not transient information/questions/issues.

so in a world of information glut that we can scroll through endlessly and never feel fed or satisfied, there are places and voices which speak to things which are non-trivial.

in the end, its up to us as to where we allocate our attention. And its not all seriousness and dourness (just because you are being profound and meaningful doesn't mean that you are boring lol). There are skillful ways to do these things.

anyway, these are just a few thoughts that were triggered as I considered my current desktop setup with its multiple virtual desktops, all the information I have at my fingertips, and its immediate access if I want it.

these can be golden times if the information glut is navigated with discernment and skill.

anyway, most under-22 year olds will probably look askance and wonder what the hell I'm talking about BigSmile

take care friends, and peace,

plenum
Just gotta time your gluttony well hehe.
Sometimes I wonder if information technology is a sign of a developing social memory complex or if it is actually a prerequisite. Could technology actually be required to bring us into 4d ?
I thought what brought us into 4D was a level of consciousness. But it doesn't seem like this planet is of the right consciousness to allow 4D to thrive. It must be more than that.
(10-27-2013, 08:57 PM)Patrick Wrote: [ -> ]Sometimes I wonder if information technology is a sign of a developing social memory complex or if it is actually a prerequisite. Could technology actually be required to bring us into 4d ?
Tools as a prerequisite for a social memory complex? The prerequisite is a level of vibration which has a dependency on acceptance. Clearly acceptance does not have a dependency on technology, or an information economy or any particular system or methods.
(10-26-2013, 10:10 PM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]what separates one source of information from another apart from its ability to entertain and titillate and occupy our mind for a while?
I'm not sure what you are trying to say. The relevance and potential value of information is going to be rather unique right? If info is treated as "catalyst", then what separates one catalyst from another?
(10-27-2013, 08:57 PM)Patrick Wrote: [ -> ]Sometimes I wonder if information technology is a sign of a developing social memory complex or if it is actually a prerequisite. Could technology actually be required to bring us into 4d ?

In my opinion, it is not so much a prerequisite, as it is a reflection of what is occurring in our consciousness.
(10-28-2013, 12:06 AM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-26-2013, 10:10 PM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]what separates one source of information from another apart from its ability to entertain and titillate and occupy our mind for a while?
I'm not sure what you are trying to say. The relevance and potential value of information is going to be rather unique right? If info is treated as "catalyst", then what separates one catalyst from another?

yes, agreed. Past a certain point, the mind is capable of manufacturing its own catalyst, with very little connection to the original trigger.

"54.17 The more advanced the entity, the more tenuous the connection between the sub-Logos and the perceived catalyst until, finally, all catalyst is chosen, generated, and manufactured by the self, for the self."

umm. I guess my original remark might have been pointed towards the intention of some of the information/data that is put out there. Overtly, things like television programming are there strictly to 'entertain' and keep the watcher hooked for the next show or the next episode. But as you say, one processes that data uniqely, so a baseball game might bore one person, entertain another, and be a narrative of drama above and beyond the physical game actually being played for another observer.

but point taken.
There isn't really any difference in catalyst is there. The major illusionary difference being time. We are still choosing, generating and manufacturing catalyst in time once self-awareness has been signaled in space/time. So we are working towards the destruction and letting go of space and time, this can only be done through experiencing space and time. I wonder how we will design the next experiment in time. Will we need to, is this the last time.
I don't know how we will design experiments in time. That seems to be up to our higher self to determine, which is outside of our time. But even Ra is inside of time of their own, because they do give figures for how many millions of years it will be for them to make 7D. And I hope I'm on the bandwagon when they make it. I do not want to be left behind.

6D is exciting. You get to live out your favorite cartoons and much more. It is truly where you live out all things desired, and all else falls away. I can't wait till I'm back home. But 3D is a little fun when I'm in the right mood. It can be a party here too.
(10-28-2013, 05:56 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know how we will design experiments in time. That seems to be up to our higher self to determine, which is outside of our time. But even Ra is inside of time of their own, because they do give figures for how many millions of years it will be for them to make 7D. And I hope I'm on the bandwagon when they make it. I do not want to be left behind.

6D is exciting. You get to live out your favorite cartoons and much more. It is truly where you live out all things desired, and all else falls away. I can't wait till I'm back home. But 3D is a little fun when I'm in the right mood. It can be a party here too.

Nothing is outside of anything. You can design your own experiments now. 3d earth life is a microcosmic body of the larger self, there is no separation in catalyst.
(10-28-2013, 01:02 AM)anagogy Wrote: [ -> ]

In my opinion, it is not so much a prerequisite, as it is a reflection of what is occurring in our consciousness.
What is not a reflection of what is occurring in our consciousness?
(10-28-2013, 09:16 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]What is not a reflection of what is occurring in our consciousness?

Nothing.

But some reflections are "previews" of the leading edge of our consciousness, while other reflections are more like "echoes" of a less developed vibration. So for those who care about such things, there are those manifestations to see.
(10-28-2013, 09:39 PM)anagogy Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-28-2013, 09:16 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]What is not a reflection of what is occurring in our consciousness?

Nothing.

But some reflections are "previews" of the leading edge of our consciousness, while other reflections are more like "echoes" of a less developed vibration. So for those who care about such things, there are those manifestations to see.
Wouldn't there always be a situation where there is less distortion and more distortion? I'm not sure what you're alluding to here?
(10-28-2013, 09:50 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]Wouldn't there always be a situation where there is less distortion and more distortion? I'm not sure what you're alluding to here?

Yes?

I'm not sure what you're alluding to either???
(10-28-2013, 09:54 PM)anagogy Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-28-2013, 09:50 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]Wouldn't there always be a situation where there is less distortion and more distortion? I'm not sure what you're alluding to here?

Yes?

I'm not sure what you're alluding to either???
I'm trying to follow what you are suggesting. You are saying that there would be less or more distortion available to look at, as a clarification to "everything is a reflection of consciousness". And I'm thinking "yes", and what is the meaning of this suggestion?
(10-28-2013, 10:04 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]I'm trying to follow what you are suggesting. You are saying that there would be less or more distortion available to look at, as a clarification to "everything is a reflection of consciousness". And I'm thinking "yes", and what is the meaning of this suggestion?

I wasn't suggesting anything in particular. Just making observations and commenting on your questions/observations.

I was merely affirming agreement with both of your observations that "everything is a reflection of consciousness" and that "there is always a situation where there is more distortion and less distortion".

Everything is a reflection of consciousness, and there are both dense and fine aspects to this reflection.
One very well could say that the social media are ways for 3Ders to express their need to connect. They/we could just go out and make new friends at the mall or someplace, so we have a lot of irony about it: The yearning to connect and the fear of strangers in our actual presence. Shy
(10-29-2013, 05:17 PM)kycahi Wrote: [ -> ]One very well could say that the social media are ways for 3Ders to express their need to connect. They/we could just go out and make new friends at the mall or someplace, so we have a lot of irony about it: The yearning to connect and the fear of strangers in our actual presence. Shy

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/wait-but-w..._hp_ref=tw
So it seems that, by consensus, it is a sign of a developing social memory complex then. The direction of the arrow of causality is not always obvious. Smile
(10-29-2013, 10:05 PM)Patrick Wrote: [ -> ]So it seems that, by consensus, it is a sign of a developing social memory complex then.
How so?
(10-29-2013, 10:05 PM)Patrick Wrote: [ -> ]So it seems that, by consensus, it is a sign of a developing social memory complex then. The direction of the arrow of causality is not always obvious. Smile

I would say it's rather an indication of what it is not to be a social memory complex. I.e a tool of self feeding fiction.
As I've come to see it, the emergence and use of social media (or rather even Internet as a whole), is a manifested tool to cater both STO and STS needs in spreading of power both equally and 'pyramidally'.

Used as an indicator this would likely only be telling us that our conciousness has taken a leap but does not tell us if there's any inherent polarity connected to this or even how small/great the leap is.

The Internet can surely be used to fuse groups of people together in almost any constellation. The manifestation of how this is done (Facebook, Communities for games, art, business, etc.) reflects what, if any, polarity is sought for.

This said there's also a huge mass of people who use these technologies in an entirely superficial manner which doesn't serve any type of polarity, group complex or partake in power schemes in any meaningful way to gain more polarity.
(10-29-2013, 10:13 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-29-2013, 10:05 PM)Patrick Wrote: [ -> ]So it seems that, by consensus, it is a sign of a developing social memory complex then.

How so?

It seems to me that the internet is not just connecting computers together, it is actually connecting everything together, including us.

Like a 3d space/time manifestation of a time/space (or a higher dimensional) collective desire for connection and sharing. Or I could say, an incarnation of a collective thought-form.
(10-30-2013, 07:10 PM)Patrick Wrote: [ -> ]

How so?

It seems to me that the internet is not just connecting computers together, it is actually connecting everything together, including us.

Like a 3d space/time manifestation of a time/space (or a higher dimensional) collective desire for connection and sharing. Or I could say, an incarnation of a collective thought-form.

Kind of like Hitler's perception of a collective thought-form that he manifested haha.
(10-30-2013, 07:33 PM)Sagittarius Wrote: [ -> ]

How so?

Kind of like Hitler's perception of a collective thought-form that he manifested haha.

Perhaps if you see the world with negative-tinted glasses. That comment was way out of left field...
(10-30-2013, 08:09 PM)Parsons Wrote: [ -> ]

How so?

Perhaps if you see the world with negative-tinted glasses. That comment was way out of left field...

Ohhh the irony. Thanks for letting me know about my negativity haha. If you hadn't of pointed that out I would have never noticed ><.

How so?

what does this even mean?

How so?

I can see how the idea of collective information sharing would seem that way. However, a social memory complex is an intersubjective experience which requires blue-ray honesty. That information and connection is of the nature of mind itself, rather than of technological abstraction. Each advance in the ease with which information is shared could be said to be a metaphor for an incipient social memory complex. But it is rather the expression of a vibratory level, irrespective of tool use, that allows an actual shared mind connection. Many generations away.
(10-30-2013, 10:09 PM)Spaced Wrote: [ -> ]

How so?

what does this even mean?

Pretty simple really, anything "manifested" is a corruption. At least while we hold onto thought forms.
Pages: 1 2