Bring4th

Full Version: The Seven Sacred Truths Inventory
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[/quote]http://www.justloveaudio.com/resources/12_Steps_Recovery/Step_10_11/Step_11_Chakra_Evening_Review.pdf

Quote:The human body can be described as a system of overlapping and interrelated networks – nervous, glandular, skeletal, etc. – that can be visibly observed and quantified. But beyond these physical systems lies a network of energetic centers that influences your health as profoundly as any structure you might find in the physical anatomy. This “energy anatomy” is the subject of this inventory.

Your energy anatomy comprises seven charkas, or energy centers, which record and store information about your experiences, beliefs, and values. Each chakra manages a specific category of information. Good management of the chakras leads to well-being and equilibrium in your daily functioning. Poor management, on the other hand, results in energy “leakages” that drain your cells of vital life force, leading to illness, low selfesteem, and unbalanced relationships.

The highest function of each chakra is expressed as a “sacred truth” that points the way to physical health and spiritual integration. Working with these seven sacred truths can help you evaluate your energy levels and leakages at each chakra. What follows is a description of the seven truths, along with questions you can ask yourself in order to determine whether you are using the energy associated with each chakra wisely.

Use this personal inventory to pinpoint the ways in which you are losing energy. Incorporate it into a daily practice that you do at the end of each day or at any point you feel yourself losing energy. Reviewing your energetic transactions daily in this way will provide crucial support for your health and well-being.

Chakra 1 (located just in front of the base of the spine): All is one
Energy leakages at the first chakra tend to involve “us and them” thinking. Recognizing that there are,
in truth, no separations between ourselves and others is a powerful step toward healing our inner tribal conflicts. Evaluate your energy at this chakra by asking yourself the following questions:

Am I prejudiced about anyone?
Am I holding on to belief systems – from my family or other social group – that no longer serve me?
Am I fueling negative connections with my family?
Am I living in harmony with the people closest to me?
Am I blaming my family or society for my difficulties?

Chakra 2 (located just in front of the spine, two inches below the navel): Honor one another
This sacred truth challenges us to take back the energy we lose when we try to control others instead of empowering them. Evaluate your energy at this chakra by asking yourself the following questions:

Am I using my energy to “finance” any addictions?
Am I fueling vengeance or envy?
Am I comfortable with my sexuality?
Am I losing energy over financial issues?
Am I able to recognize and appreciate loving energy directed at me?

Chakra 3 (located just in front of the spine, at the bottom center of the ribcage): Honor yourself
Self-confirmation and self-respect can only authentically come from ourselves. When we seek it from outside sources we lose precious energy, perpetuating the cycle of low self-esteem. Evaluate your energy at this chakra by asking yourself the following questions:

Am I feeling confident?
Am I keeping my word?
Am I seeking approval of others?
Am I operating within my honor code?

Chakra 4 (located just in front of the spine, just to the right of the heart): Love is divine power
Self-love is an essential ingredient of the divine power of love. The difference between self-love and self-indulgence can be measured by the amount of energy lost at your heart chakra versus the amount of energy returned to you with interest. Evaluate your energy at this chakra by asking yourself the following questions:

Am I dwelling in my heartaches, or in the strength of my heart?
Is there anyone that I need to forgive? Do I feel they ought to forgive me first?
Does withholding forgiveness give me clout over someone?
Do I know the difference between self0love and self-indulgence?

Chakra 5 (located just in front of the spine, at the center of the neck): Surrender personal will to the divine
It is at the fifth chakra that we find the will to draw our energy back to us – and to keep up the daily practice of taking inventory of our energy. This will power is not ours alone, however, but is available to us through our alignment with the divine. Evaluate your energy at this chakra by asking yourself the following questions:

Are my choices supporting my spiritual path?
What does it mean to me to surrender my personal will to the divine?
Have I lied today?
Am I holding feelings of shame?

Chakra 6 (“your third eye” is located just behind the center of your forehead): Seek only truth

The intellect is a powerful and helpful tool, but it can also mislead us into mistaken beliefs and values. Without collaboration from the heart, the mind can close us to new and liberating insights. Evaluate your energy at this chakra by asking yourself the following questions:

Am I making up rationalizations for my behavior, or am I living by the truth of my heart?
Am I judging others?
Am I able to pray for people in a clear, open way, without intellectual judgments?
Am I open to new ideas?

Chakra 7 (“the Crown Chakra” is located at the top of your head): Living in the present moment
The seventh chakra represents a “grace bank account,” where we store the circuits of energy that connect us with the divine. Circuits that are connected to the past or future are useless for this purpose. Living fully in the moment allows us to experience synchronicity and spontaneity, freeing up energy to heal others as well as ourselves. Evaluate your energy at this chakra by asking yourself the following questions:

Am I connected to the divine? What do I think the divine is?
Have I experienced synchronicity today?
What do I want my spiritual life to be like?
What spiritual truths am I living by?
Caroline Myss
Just finished anatomy of the spirit. Great book.

Melissa

I think I've been 'leaking' more than usual lately. A bit worried if I've created all kinds of physical ailments -after living under severe stress, with suicidal thoughts, for the longest time. This truth seeking isn't exactly a walk in the park.