Bring4th

Full Version: God's nature
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i would consider God/Creator as an inseparable unification of eastern and abrahamic religions.

in eastern religions (Buddhism & Taoism) God is defined as cosmic life force which is in the universe.

in Abrahamic religions (judaism, christianity and islam (even you don't consider)) God is That Which Is(cosmic life force excluded) in the universe and beyond.

So what about blending the two ?

many believers may say it's a sin, however i believe Buddha and Lao Tzu has realized many truths concerning the nature of Existence. This doesn't mean abrahamic religions are false. They are as correct as others in defining Existence. However i can say The two parties compose a meaningful formation.

my supposition is :

God/Creator = That Which Is + That Which is not (cosmic life force)

what is your opinion about this
Whatever God is, I've learned not to give my free will away to him.
The one is ALL

The ALL are one.

And all is love.

Smile
there can be nothing that isn't god, if all is one.
(11-02-2013, 05:28 PM)bosphorus Wrote: [ -> ]in eastern religions (Buddhism & Taoism) God is defined as cosmic life force which is in the universe.

in Abrahamic religions (judaism, christianity and islam (even you don't consider)) God is All That Is(cosmic life force excluded) in the universe and beyond.

yes, the east/west divide seems to be something that is commonly highlighted.

I wonder what its roots are?
(11-04-2013, 04:29 PM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-02-2013, 05:28 PM)bosphorus Wrote: [ -> ]in eastern religions (Buddhism & Taoism) God is defined as cosmic life force which is in the universe.

in Abrahamic religions (judaism, christianity and islam (even you don't consider)) God is All That Is(cosmic life force excluded) in the universe and beyond.

yes, the east/west divide seems to be something that is commonly highlighted.

I wonder what its roots are?

different inspirations i guess. West turns outward to find where as east turns inward.

means no disrespect to buddhist and taoist believers. just wanted to share a saying i've coined. thanks

"Buddhism and taoism are like cradle to man to feel happy and peaceful. However one cannot live eternally in the cradle. He must seek earth, universe and beyond"

[Image: 714_10151190719444690_927482758_n.jpg]
I could sure use the cradle to feel happy and peaceful. But thinking about Care Bears during my meditation, and how soft they are, brings me the same warm fuzzy feelings. I cuddle with them in my thoughts. To me the feelings are very real.