Bring4th

Full Version: Am I My Brother's Keeper? And...Finding the STO in STS-based paths
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(Moderator note: contents of original post deleted, and a few subsequent posts deleted, in alignment with forum guidelines.)
(01-25-2010, 03:14 PM)Ali Quadir Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome John!

Free zone scientology? I'm sure free zone stands for not governed by the scientology church. But imho it's wise to stay far away from systems so charged with service to self content.

Hello , yes your right , free zone is nothing to do with the church (or its philosophy) . The free zone stays with the original philosophy of L.Ron Hubbard . The church on the other hand was compromised and infultrated by the powers that be in the 70's which resulted in the mass exadus to create the free zone .
The church should be avoided absolutely ( it is sts) but the free zone can help people remove blockages from the reactive mind that have pilled up over the years . This has many positive effects , one of which is it enables you to remember past lives without hypnosis
John Smile
this is a very timely thread for me. my roommate happens to be a scientologist. I'm not sure if, when he is back home, he goes to churches or anything, but he definitely reads L. Ron Hubbard books. Out of all of the people who know him at our college, I am the only one who knows this information. He won't lie about it to people if they ask him directly, but he never offers it up.

This is interesting that you say it is sts oriented. I have often wondered what his orientation actually is. He has moments of being sto, but then moments of being sts. This seems to be what most people do, but he is not like most people. I have a feeling he is more spiritually advanced then most people who (appear) to switch back and forth. The reason I say this is because he is extremely intelligent (3.9 GPA in the world's best aerospace engineering program), takes a lot of pride in his physical health and abilities, and doesn't put up with people who he assumes are dumb. He has a lot of sto character traits like being caring to people who he likes, but I'm just not sure. There are moments when I think his sto traits are really just a show for his own advancement. If this is true, I'm not sure it is conscience.

Because of this sense I get about him being more spiritually adept, I have often wondered if I should show him the Law of One material. I think out of all the people I know in college, he would have the most chance of being receptive. I am still apprehensive to show him in case he thinks I'm crazy, but I am also apprehensive to show him because he might identify too much with the sts mentality mentioned. It frankly frightens me that I may create, in my point of view, something of a monster if I showed him it. I know this isn't a balanced view of the sts path, but nonetheless, it worries me.
Colorado, what you wrote makes me wonder about something. Is there a chance that you may have a lot of enmeshed connection between your own spiritual perspective, and your friend's studies?

Remember that you are not responsible for his own spiritual choice of sto or sts. If he is seeking to be polarized in either direction, he will very likely find material that will help him understand more of his path and how to pursue that path. Whether or not you bring him the material, he will probably find it anyway.

If he is open to studying the Ra material, yes, that would give some hints to an sto oriented person about how to proceed on that path. It would also introduce them to the idea that sto is ultimately a cul-de-sac that will need to be given up, later on, for further evolution through accepting the discounted open-hearted green ray.

You're also not responsible for whether other people accept the premises of your own spiritual path. As a smart aerospace student, your buddy might well admire or feel a sense of connection with Don Elkins, who was a smart aerospace teacher. However, he does seem to be someone devoted to LRH's spiritual works, that are idiosyncratic and that some call a cult. He may not be receptive to information that doesn't come through LRH's perspective, and that significantly challenges much of Scientology.

There is one thing that I think you can learn from your roommate: he is exploring a spiritual perspective that resonates with him, unconcerned with whether people think he's crazy. And he apparently doesn't try to preach or convert to anyone else. Perhaps you could do the same? You could study the Law of One or whatever else resonates with you, answer honestly if people ask, and otherwise only discuss your path with people who already respect it - such as those you'll find on the forum.
John D, I haven't greeted you yet. Welcome! Thank you for joining our discussions.

How familiar are you with the Law of One material from L/L Research? Did you notice the link here http://www.llresearch.org/default.aspx that lets you read most of the material for free in the Library area, or buy a printed copy (and support the site) in the Publications area?

In case you're new to this material, I recommend you start with Secrets of the UFO for the history and context of the research; Wanderer's Handbook for a user-friendly summary of the philosophy; then the Ra books to dive into the source material.

Scientology has been in the news quite a bit with the anonymous protesters publicizing cult abuses. Some people say that evils done by the church institution can't be separated from the person and actions of LRH, but apparently you see things differently. If you'd like to expand on that distinction, I'd be interested in what you see as comparisons between valid teachings of LRH and what the Law of One material has to say.
Hey colorado, you could almost be describing my teacher/student/mate there. well not the LRH part. Anyway apparently such people are not so uncommon. I am for now simply observing but I do find it a little frustrating to watch someone who appears to have so much spiritually and a direction I don't understand. Watching him makes me question the +/- paradigm at times .... still trying to sort out my understanding. BigSmile
To be honest, my view on what his reaction would be changes on a daily basis. There is also that possibility of him not agreeing with it and nothing changing. If he did agree with it, then he would either embrace the sto part of himself or embrace the sts part. It is very difficult to predict what would happen, or to come up with probabilities of the two possibilities.

As hard as it is for me to predict what would happen, my gut tells me there is a specific purpose that we know each other. Before I knew him, I was extremely cynical. I was cynical of anyone who felt. I thought that anyone who had strong feelings about anything was weak, lame, cliche, etc. When I met him, I saw the other side of that. We connected on an intellectual level, as we can talk about our majors with each other (I am a physics major and he is an aerospace major). This connection made me start to respect part of his perspective. While he is cynical about people making intellectual mistakes, he is not cynical about feeling at all. I witnessed his perspective on things, and it was a perspective that I had never seen before. Eventually, I mixed a part of my own perspective with the aspects of his perspective, which I now found valuable. What came out of his process (I have known him 3 years now) was a new me. Ultimately, this new me found the Law of One material 5 months ago now.

This mixing of perspectives made me much more balanced, in my opinion. However, I feel like he is not benefiting from our relationship like I have. I sometimes feel he is going backwards, which is probably what I recognize now as an sts path. But then, one day, he will act completely sto. I honestly don't know what to make of it.

All of this contemplating about our relationship has made me think about the possibility of there being a preincarnate purpose to our relationship. Maybe we needed to balance each other in different ways?
For clarity, I called the system STS charged. Even if the individual practitioner is not. Even in the church this means that most are not STS guys, they're just paying a whole lot of money for something that isn't really that unique or even can be expected or shown (by an outsider) to be effective.

Don't forget it was Hubbard that founded the church, it was under Hubbard that the practitioner was expected to pay somewhere in the range of an arm and a leg for "getting saved". It was his leadership that led up to the philosophy of prosecuting anyone who speaks against them. And documents written by the man clearly indicate that he considered the church a business and not a religion...

So a philosophy was written with the intent of making loads of money with it. Do you really think the material has your best interest in mind? Even if it connects to truth behind the screens, far behind the screens, which it probably does, it's still highly contaminated with this whole STS philosophy.

If some self oriented guy wrote the teachings of christ in a book but filtered through his own perceptions even they'd end up like a monstrosity. And we know this happened.

I always partly judge a system by it's creator. If a creator creates two things his energetic signature will be in both of them. If one of them is a vile monstrous thing, then this could be a matter of chance. It could also be a pattern. At any rate, teaching you how to REALLY recognize predators is not part of the system or the whole church would fall apart.

I suggest to stay clear. There's a lot of systems out there. You've got the freedom to choose of course, no one here gets to tell anyone else what to do. It's all my opinion. I do suggest you really figure out beforehand what you're getting into. This church has been classified as a sect in many European countries. There's a reason for that.

There's choice.

fairyfarmgirl

Dogma + Money+ Power = Spiritual Corruption.

fairyfarmgirl
I've looked the site over and also recommend to stay clear. What is offered is a distorted view of the Law of One... at a price. Changing a few words and making money off the work of Don, Carla, and Jim does not seem correct to me.