Bring4th

Full Version: Who is Q'uo?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Mod note: The following 17 posts are split from another discussion in The Dismantling of the Approval/Disapproval Mechanism. Please keep all discussion about the origin of Q'uo's words to this thread.

(10-30-2013, 02:39 AM)peregrine Wrote: [ -> ]So, to sum up, this is not Carla's construct, it comes from the Confederation
It's idiomatic and ideological rather than philosophical - in other words quite a large personal construct is in place and heavily influencing what ever can be related.
(10-30-2013, 09:16 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-30-2013, 02:39 AM)peregrine Wrote: [ -> ]So, to sum up, this is not Carla's construct, it comes from the Confederation
It's idiomatic and ideological rather than philosophical - in other words quite a large personal construct is in place and heavily influencing what ever can be related.

I'm sorry, I'm having trouble following you. What is it that makes the Q'uo sessions ideological, in your view?

Does the same, then, apply to the Ra Material (same channel with the same mind and same personal biases)?
(10-30-2013, 10:11 PM)peregrine Wrote: [ -> ]What is it that makes the Q'uo sessions ideological, in your view?
Ideological in the sense of promotion and encouragement of values, which are of course mainly limited to the habits, desires and awareness of the channel. You know, recommendations (without being asked) on how to meditate to serve the world to counter perceived negative behavior for example. The invention of the "time lateral", American political commentary and framing, appeals whimsy and mothering, nature spirits, etc.

(10-30-2013, 10:11 PM)peregrine Wrote: [ -> ]Does the same, then, apply to the Ra Material (same channel with the same mind and same personal biases)?
Nothing so distinctive really.
(10-30-2013, 10:59 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-30-2013, 10:11 PM)peregrine Wrote: [ -> ]What is it that makes the Q'uo sessions ideological, in your view?
Ideological in the sense of promotion and encouragement of values, which are of course mainly limited to the habits, desires and awareness of the channel. You know, recommendations (without being asked) on how to meditate to serve the world to counter perceived negative behavior for example. The invention of the "time lateral", American political commentary and framing, appeals whimsy and mothering, nature spirits, etc.

(10-30-2013, 10:11 PM)peregrine Wrote: [ -> ]Does the same, then, apply to the Ra Material (same channel with the same mind and same personal biases)?

Did Ra not 'take over' Carla's body in order to communicate?
Q'uo was channeled consciously so the bias of the instrument was surely coloring the message. I always had the notion that Q'uo was more like Carla's higher self, which in turn could well be associated with that social memory complex.
Ra mentioned the other group that worked in South America, could they have been refering to Q'uo or Quetzalcoatl?
It would seem to make sense that the channel that brought through the Ra contact would also work with this group.
(Q)(u)etzalc(o)atl
The pyramid of Chichen Itza is also known as the temple of Quetzalcoatl.
No comprende, amigo. Ra did not "take over" Carla or anyone else, as you know. Q'uo is not Carla's higher self, as you know. South America is irrelevant to this topic, as you know.

Where is the love here in this moment? Alas, it's not in your queries, I would aver.

Sorry, I still don't understand your meaning. Is the Ra Material ideological and largely a personal construct in your view?
(10-31-2013, 04:13 AM)peregrine Wrote: [ -> ]No comprende, amigo. Ra did not "take over" Carla or anyone else, as you know. Q'uo is not Carla's higher self, as you know. South America is irrelevant to this topic, as you know.

Where is the love here in this moment? Alas, it's not in your queries, I would aver.

Well, you are right, "take over" may not be the best choice of words, but I think you know what I mean.
You seem pretty certain about the other points, would you care to expand as they were just queries?
How do you know what I know, or that love is lacking in my communication?
You do appear somewhat hostile.
No lo entiendo.
(10-31-2013, 04:40 AM)Ashim Wrote: [ -> ]Well, you are right, "take over" may not be the best choice of words, but I think you know what I mean.
You seem pretty certain about the other points, would you care to expand as they were just queries?
How do you know what I know, or that love is lacking in my communication?
You do appear somewhat hostile.
No lo entiendo.

I was being curt and trying to stay on topic. Sorry about any hostility.

The topic had been about approval/disapproval, but then got sidetracked with a discussion of the credibility of the Q'uo sessions. I hope this helps to clear up the latter point.

Here's the opening of the first Q'uo session I could find. It explains the nature of the the channeling and the general source. Of course, believing this depends upon one's view of L/L's integrity.

Quo Wrote:Sunday Meditation

May 25, 1986

(Carla channeling)

I am Q’uo. I greet you in the love and in the light of our infinite Creator. It is a great privilege to be with you this evening. We are using word by word channeling with this instrument, which requires more fine tuning on the part of the instrument, and therefore there may be pauses as this instrument is still at the stage where it is noticeably more comfortable with concepts as then it feels it has more control over the channeling process. However, the more flexible instruments we have found in working with those among your peoples who offer their services as vocal channels are those who are willing to speak complete nonsense, once the tuning and the challenging of instrument and source has been done. Therefore, we persist, as do others in the Confederation, in using this technique with those instruments which allow us to work in this manner.

Somewhere there is an explanation that the name used, Q'uo, was meant to be a play on the Latin word for who. (So, it's unrelated to Meso-America.) Somewhere else there's an explanation of Q'uo being a collaboration of Hatonn & Latwii with Ra sitting in the background.

If I seem sure about these things, it's only because I read these things in the L/L website.
Quote:Somewhere there is an explanation that the name used, Q'uo, was meant to be a play on the Latin word for who. (So, it's unrelated to Meso-America.)

It would be nice if someone could find that explanation.

Why do we talk about latinos, América Latina or latin America?

Isn't "who" a question rather than an answer?

No estoy seguro.
(10-31-2013, 01:45 PM)Ashim Wrote: [ -> ]It would be nice if someone could find that explanation.

Here's one version: http://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/is..._0803.aspx
(I was there for this channeling.)

Quote:Questioner: Who is Q’uo?

I am Q’uo, and am aware of your query, and we congratulate you on being far quicker than either this instrument or the one known as Carla in asking this query, for those entities took a great deal of time before remembering that there is a meaning to this title, this name that we have chosen for their benefit. We are a principle that has been created to maintain a stepped-down contact between those of Ra and this group. The ones known as Latwii are also a portion of this principle and are also students of the ones known as Ra and offer to this group a means by which there is the possibility of communication upon the many concerns of the incarnational experience.

Is there a further query, my brother?

Questioner: The word, principle, is unclear. Could you attempt another description?

I am Q’uo, and am aware of your query, my brother. Those of Latwii, being also students of those of Ra, serve as an intermediary, shall we say, a kind of relay so that the entities known as Ra may blend their vibrations in some degree with those of Latwii and continue the communication through this group.

Questioner: Then, who is Ra?

I am Q’uo, and am aware of your query. Those of Ra are the social memory complex or planetary consciousness of a group of entities formerly residing upon the planet known in your terminology as Venus who have for a great portion of the history of this planet attempted to teach the Law of One, of singularity, of unity to those upon this planet who have sought this information. There has been success in some cases and some lack of ability to communicate in others, yet they persist to serve the One in each.
That was the first time I saw that Ra was a planetary consciousness. I had thought they lived in the sun. I wonder which planet they live on, and which solar system. Is it still Venus? I think Venus is 5D, so probably not.

I am glad for Ra's desire to serve. They have helped me tremendously in the past, even when I thought I was going negative.
They showed me cute animated cartoon characters on a wall that were too adorable for me to handle. They worked with my own distortions in order to teach. I am thankful to them for what they have provided.
(10-31-2013, 02:13 PM)βαθμιαίος Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-31-2013, 01:45 PM)Ashim Wrote: [ -> ]It would be nice if someone could find that explanation.

Here's one version: http://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/is..._0803.aspx
(I was there for this channeling.)

Quote:Questioner: Who is Q’uo?

I am Q’uo, and am aware of your query, and we congratulate you on being far quicker than either this instrument or the one known as Carla in asking this query, for those entities took a great deal of time before remembering that there is a meaning to this title, this name that we have chosen for their benefit. We are a principle that has been created to maintain a stepped-down contact between those of Ra and this group. The ones known as Latwii are also a portion of this principle and are also students of the ones known as Ra and offer to this group a means by which there is the possibility of communication upon the many concerns of the incarnational experience.

Questioner: The word, principle, is unclear. Could you attempt another description?

I am Q’uo, and am aware of your query, my brother. Those of Latwii, being also students of those of Ra, serve as an intermediary, shall we say, a kind of relay so that the entities known as Ra may blend their vibrations in some degree with those of Latwii and continue the communication through this group.

Questioner: Then, who is Ra?

I am Q’uo, and am aware of your query. Those of Ra are the social memory complex or planetary consciousness of a group of entities formerly residing upon the planet known in your terminology as Venus who have for a great portion of the history of this planet attempted to teach the Law of One, of singularity, of unity to those upon this planet who have sought this information. There has been success in some cases and some lack of ability to communicate in others, yet they persist to serve the One in each.

Mentions nothing about the origin of the name Q'uo.

Why does the question "where are you?" never occur to the channeller?

As far as I can remember Ra were also never asked "where do you reside?"

First thing I would ask.

"Who are you and where are you?"

We do the same on earth.

"Hi, I'm Ashim"

"Where you from dude?"

"From Sirius B, 3rd planet out from the sun dude."
It's there, but it's subtle.

Quote:I am Q’uo, and am aware of your query, and we congratulate you on being far quicker than either this instrument or the one known as Carla in asking this query, for those entities took a great deal of time before remembering that there is a meaning to this title, this name that we have chosen for their benefit. We are a principle that has been created to maintain a stepped-down contact between those of Ra and this group. The ones known as Latwii are also a portion of this principle and are also students of the ones known as Ra and offer to this group a means by which there is the possibility of communication upon the many concerns of the incarnational experience.
(10-31-2013, 02:43 PM)βαθμιαίος Wrote: [ -> ]It's there, but it's subtle.

Quote:I am Q’uo, and am aware of your query, and we congratulate you on being far quicker than either this instrument or the one known as Carla in asking this query, for those entities took a great deal of time before remembering that there is a meaning to this title, this name that we have chosen for their benefit. We are a principle that has been created to maintain a stepped-down contact between those of Ra and this group. The ones known as Latwii are also a portion of this principle and are also students of the ones known as Ra and offer to this group a means by which there is the possibility of communication upon the many concerns of the incarnational experience.

Well go ahead and tell us cos I'm none the wiser.
What then is the subtle meaning of the name Q'uo?
As Peregrine said, "Q'uo was meant to be a play on the Latin word for who."

The idea is that Carla and Jim were supposed to ask "who are you?" but it took them a while to do so.
(10-31-2013, 02:57 PM)βαθμιαίος Wrote: [ -> ]As Peregrine said, "Q'uo was meant to be a play on the Latin word for who."

The idea is that Carla and Jim were supposed to ask "who are you?" but it took them a while to do so.

So they are the social memory complex 'who'.
Do they have a TARDIS?
They are three social memory complexes all together named Who.
Quo has multiple uses, not just who. it can also mean what, which and where.
(10-31-2013, 02:49 PM)Ashim Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-31-2013, 02:43 PM)βαθμιαίος Wrote: [ -> ]It's there, but it's subtle.

Well go ahead and tell us cos I'm none the wiser.
What then is the subtle meaning of the name Q'uo?

Did I just find a hiccup in these chanellings? How is it that they speak of the first time someone brought this up when it was clearly brought up 7 years prior?

http://llresearch.org/transcripts/issues..._0107.aspx

Thus, we are composite, and as this instrument has often suspected, our name is a pun, a quibble; not a joke, but merely an identification which was clear. We are the I AM, and you too are the I AM, and all that is in creation is the I AM. We chose a language this instrument knew, and used the word meaning “who,” or “which.” It was designed to make the instrument ponder this very point, and we are delighted (in the) results so far, for we of Latwii have been able, with the help of our teachers, those of Ra, to offer information in a way which is clearer and more compassionate, perhaps, than we of Latwii, in and of our own social memory complex, could accomplish. We find that our senses of humor are not at all the same, and so we have attempted to give up our sense of humor, that the higher sense of humor or wisdom informed by compassion may do its subtle work in these meditations.
Perhaps they forgot they answered that question earlier. Or perhaps they did remember and were being polite by pretending they didn't remember since the questioner clearly didn't.
Earth can make such a beautiful social-memory complex, if We try.
Sense of humour informed by compassion, this information is useful to me.
Turns out Ra has had to offer light/love through students as the narrow bandwidth which Don was helping to provide seems to be not present in the workings since he left. Thanks guys!! Smile
(11-11-2013, 04:00 PM)Jeremy Wrote: [ -> ]Did I just find a hiccup in these chanellings? How is it that they speak of the first time someone brought this up when it was clearly brought up 7 years prior?

The questioner in 1997 wasn't at the 1990 channeling; Q'uo was congratulating him for being quicker on the draw than Carla and Jim had been in 1990.
(11-11-2013, 05:58 PM)βαθμιαίος Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-11-2013, 04:00 PM)Jeremy Wrote: [ -> ]Did I just find a hiccup in these chanellings? How is it that they speak of the first time someone brought this up when it was clearly brought up 7 years prior?

The questioner in 1997 wasn't at the 1990 channeling; Q'uo was congratulating him for being quicker on the draw than Carla and Jim had been in 1990.

Ah that would explain it lol. I seem to forget that there were many different attendees during the years post Ra.

Why would these things be indicative of channeling one's self rather than the channeling of an outer source?

We know that one of the most commonly repeated bits of recommendation in channeling is meditation, so much so that there is technology set up to channel that information. So recommendation of meditation isn't indicative of lack of outer source.

The time lateral idea could easily be a concept which Carla lacks the appropriate basis of knowledge to translate effectively. There's no more reason to think it's an "invention" of the channel than it is a failed transmission though both are equally useless.

The other things you mention could be equally indicative of a 4th or 5th density source. 4th density sources particularly are unaware of the best way to serve and can be quite naive, even through channeling and sharing of concepts and thoughts. They are perfectly good at mothering and sharing fluffy words of compassion and do so quite often. Just because a channel is transmitting such things is no reason to think it isn't channeled from an outer source; it just isn't the type of channeling useful for certain stages of development.

Of course there is some of Carla in the Q'uo channeling, perhaps sometimes more Carla than anything else, and this is obviously something that sets Q'uo apart from Ra and why they can't necessarily be referenced in the same fashion. Carla might often be able to address many of the questions on her own without the help from outer sources. And she says so herself that in her recent channeling, there are only new perspectives offered on the same information.

But she has a great purity of will to open herself to outer sources as well as decades of practice and ability to do so. These are essentially the only things needed to channel outer sources. Information is received based on the biases of the channeling group, and just because biases are present doesn't mean there is no outer source.
Outer source ? You confuse hunger with loyalty.
(11-12-2013, 12:34 AM)Sagittarius Wrote: [ -> ]Outer source ? You confuse hunger with loyalty.

¿Qué
(11-12-2013, 12:34 AM)Sagittarius Wrote: [ -> ]Outer source ? You confuse hunger with loyalty.

The way I see it, he's simply being clear and honest. Same goes for the instrument.
(11-12-2013, 02:54 AM)peregrine Wrote: [ -> ]

The way I see it, he's simply being clear and honest. Same goes for the instrument.

Your point being ?

(11-12-2013, 02:49 AM)rie Wrote: [ -> ]

¿Qué

How can there be any outer source. Hunger is easy to confuse with loyalty, hence why everyone does. Everything you do is out of hunger. Or "desire" if that is easier to comprehend.
(11-12-2013, 03:28 AM)Sagittarius Wrote: [ -> ]How can there be any outer source. Hunger is easy to confuse with loyalty, hence why everyone does. Everything you do is out of hunger. Or "desire" if that is easier to comprehend.

I understand. If that's all you see and feel, then it's easy to believe that's all there is. Happily, being stuck there cannot last forever and the lighter side of things will eventually shine through the gloom. As trite as that may sound, when survival instincts are balanced with openness to love and to beauty, the world really does become less dark and more wonderful. At least, that's been my experience of it.
So who is Q'uo?

Where are they from?
Where are they now?
What is their karmic connection to Carla and to the other groups?

If voices are talking to you then they can be identified.

So, Q'uo, what's up?
I really enjoyed post #24's reply to this thread and believe it has significant bearing on the angle this discussion has taken.

The analogy that's helped me to understand *conscious* channeling (in contrast to the unconscious or "trance" channeling of the Ra contact) is that of the stained glass window.

Stained glass, no matter how cleaned with Windex, will, of necessity color the light passing through its pane, whether a single, violet panel, or a rainbow coalition of stained panels.

Likewise, a conscious instrument, no matter how good he or she may be, will of necessarily color the information/inspiration being received by clothing it in their own concepts and – though it can be neutralized to some extent, and the instrument strives for that objectivity – biases.

The way Carla describes the process is that of receiving a thought bubble. If memory serves, she sort of unwinds or unpackages this thought bubble and translate it into outward communication. She invariably feels that she is unable to get the totality of what's offered - she always feels there is more - but must move on as the next inspiration packet is being sent to her.

Having lived and/or worked with Carla for many a year, I absolutely see Carla in Q'uo. The same way I saw Jim in Q'uo when he was channeling. The human element cannot be subtracted in conscious channeling.

Nevertheless, despite the certain presence of the third-density personality, there is undoubtedly a non-human element there: an Intelligence that is consistent in its message and philosophy over the span of many years and multiple channels.

Further, for those who, like myself, find Ra's words reliably authoritative, or at least credible, consider Ra's confirmation of the existence of Latwii, not only the existence, but the active part Latwii played in assisting and working with the channels of L/L Research:
http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?q=latwii&o=s

Consider, also, how much of the cosmology put forward in the Law of One was received through conscious channels in the decade preceding the Ra contact.

Again, this points to a consistent Something offering the conscious, human channel a stream of information and inspiration.

Since the Ra contact, I would contend that the majority of L/L Research channeling undertaken has emphasized the inspirational quality of the message over hard content, data, and information. (A no less needed and valued service, I would add.)

Why this is, is up for conjecture. Perhaps it is due to the limitations and/or interests of the instruments, perhaps due to the human situation post-Don Elkins, perhaps due to the interests and intent of the Confederation, perhaps due to the absence of a questioner pushing his or her way into the unknown, perhaps a combination of the above or for reasons beyond my own purview.

Either way, while not vibing or resonating with the conscious channeling is perfectly okay – my own days of spending large blocks of time soaking myself in Q'uo's inspiration are behind me – devaluing the heart of the channeling because of the presence of the third-density entity is to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

With Love & Light.
Pages: 1 2