Bring4th

Full Version: The ethics of using magical ability with money.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
One with enough connection could feasibly calculate the probability of events in a precognitive fashion. One could see the likelihood of how a certain stock will perform within a given hour, day, month, year and hedge against those probabilities using options and other financial securities. Let's say we have an adept with extraordinary ability in this regard and he is playing the stock market to where he is making hundreds of millions of dollars.

Is he infringing on the freewill of anybody in any way besides possibly supporting companies that are infringing on others?
I don't think it's freewill infringement on others, as much as it might be that one might incur some slight karmic retribution, as in the higher self may not take too kindly to using precognition in such a way.

Just my first thought as to what any possible "consequences" might be. It seems to me like it's mostly just gambling, which I'd interpret as sleeping. Of course, intention is paramount.

michael430

[deleted]
(11-06-2013, 12:33 PM)michael430 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think there could be any good for someone's soul development trying to make more money in any way.
Why not? A soul can develop in many ways and in 2 polarities up to mid 6th density. Money making could well play in central role in a beings life plan, just as lack of money could be built in as catalyst.
Seems you have your own specific ideas of what is best for souls.

How come money gets all the hating?
You should start with the guy that invented ownership before you place the blame on inanimate objects.

What other 'evil things' have in your opinion contributed towards the human condition?

Money is also 'good' in the eyes of many.
It is the same as with language; It is a tool best used to outgrow it's own necessity.
Any piece of reality can be the spark which ignites the enlightenment.
I am That?

Melissa

I also believe it's the intention behind 'making money' that's most important. Been thinking about it quite a bit since I have certain dreams that require money.
Would be nice to exchange services instead, though.
Money is amoral. It's how you get it and what you do with it that'll affect you, if at all.

michael430

[deleted]
true-color green my friends.

our currency currently supports bellicose action and promotes dependency towards warmongers.

true community requires not this dependency, though I also am reminded of this thread, which I have left open to re-read several times..

Bat

Money is a system used to control. I think looking at the roots of any issue will relieve the most useful answer.
Also if you are intent on positive outcome rather than the means to achieve such, I believe the support will be granted without the need to summon moneys.

I need more and more faith to take this route though as I am maxed out in debts..

Or maybe I can lose some pride and humbly submit to the other Self at some pointless job.

maybe if we make an effort for each-other to spawn wealth... Tongue

or ask the earth for wealth rather than it's inhabitants..
(11-06-2013, 12:33 PM)michael430 Wrote: [ -> ]Money is one of the most evil things in the world

There is no evil in the world, just misunderstanding and confusion, and that is all in the name of the one experiencing diversity within the current vibration, re-Learning on what to act and where to apply hesitation.
I've played the lottery a few times. Very rarely, because I don't win.
Money can be a great tool in the polarization process. Why would you want the money, to help yourself at the expense of others or to help others? I agree we will outgrow money someday, but while we are here in this system, I think its best to work within present illusion than to reject it.
I personally see no problem with it. If you intend to control others, it'd be a fantastic method to use. If you were interested in serving others and that dedicated to 'researching' causes I'm sure you could promote good.

Money is simply a substitute for love though. If you feel the NEED for money, you should develop the relationships in your life as love and connection will move you much further along your soul's evolution.

*edit, I mean 'you' generically of course, not anyone in particular.
(11-06-2013, 10:55 AM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]One with enough connection could feasibly calculate the probability of events in a precognitive fashion. One could see the likelihood of how a certain stock will perform within a given hour, day, month, year and hedge against those probabilities using options and other financial securities. Let's say we have an adept with extraordinary ability in this regard and he is playing the stock market to where he is making hundreds of millions of dollars.

Is he infringing on the freewill of anybody in any way besides possibly supporting companies that are infringing on others?
How are companies infringing on other's free will?
(11-06-2013, 11:15 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-06-2013, 10:55 AM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]One with enough connection could feasibly calculate the probability of events in a precognitive fashion. One could see the likelihood of how a certain stock will perform within a given hour, day, month, year and hedge against those probabilities using options and other financial securities. Let's say we have an adept with extraordinary ability in this regard and he is playing the stock market to where he is making hundreds of millions of dollars.

Anti-competitive practices, bribery and subversion of third-world localities and economies, etc.
(11-06-2013, 11:32 PM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-06-2013, 11:15 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]

Anti-competitive practices, bribery and subversion of third-world localities and economies, etc.

What is your definition of "free will" then? When Ra says "infringement", they are talking about denial of choice due to breaking the law of confusion and providing answers to unasked questions (which are then used without self-determined choices aka "free will")

If it is a negatively polarized adept, then it doesn't matter if he is infringing on free will of others - he is supposed to do this; plus this adept is polarizing even more.

If it is a positively polarized adept, then perhaps infringement in this particular case is not as bigger issue as this adept's polarity. Because in this case I would say that this adept is depolarizing, and with that losing his power.
Like many others here, I see currency as amoral in of itself.

However, the current economy that backs (doesn't back?) currency is quite corrupt and is the primary tool of the negative elite.

That doesn't mean we can't turn currency into a tool of neutrality by basing it on something tangible; or a tool of positivity by basing it on service.

I respect that some still value currency, so I would support responsible currency if it came about. However, if nobody minded, I would love to do away with it entirely.

As for corporations... A huge chunk of the major ones are really horrible.

They too could be salvaged if we simply changed the laws so they were literally employee-owned. You would only work for a corporation if you truly supported it and you would have a vested interest in seeing it succeed.
Negative polarity also loses polarity by infringing on free will, that is why they use manipulation and trickery, like when our friend was greeting Carla during the Ra transfer.
Long ago people lived in small groups.
They had children whose exact parentage could not be discerned.

Thus they were seen amongt themsleves to be 'all one'.

One day a particularly astute member of the group demanded that one certain female baby be allocated to his gene pool.
He made the claim of 'family'. She was 'his' and no one others.
The wife then said "No, she is mine!".
Thus was polarity born in the flesh.

Along with the concept of 'family' a new idea was introduced and spread.
The idea of 'ownership' and 'rights'.

It did not take long before this concept was embodied by the monetary system.

If you want to find the root of money then it will be found in genetics.
That's what all the war has been about.
Genes, nothing but genes.
Ashim,

I also believe there are many benefits to the marital relationship and familys.
to dedicate/commit oneself to his/her mirror image allows us to focus all our attention on the other. It is not necessarily the body/genepool which is necessary for this but it is in often cases helpful for the beings to identify the Self in the other.
In my opinion this is like the penultimate gift to the positive adept which comes to 'know things as they are'..
I say positive, because the negative completely rejects/destroys the 'gift' that lies therein.
And of course there is the natural system parenting so that the means to live and succeed are made possible by the parents which have recognized the honor/duty of preparing the way for the next generation of Earthlings, a number of whom they themselves have decided willingly to produce bodies for.
Ownership of one's spouse or family may be another form of 'unintentional slavery'. Leads to all sorts of nasties; indoctrination, abuse, etc.
edit; I change my mind; If things were the way they were/could be then all the resources would be availiable for anyone to stay with anyone for any length of time which felt natural to each. Since Green-Ray is so long I doubt there will be partnerships which are 'closed-relationships' which last for the entirety of lives. Though.. feelings of commitment may be even stronger 'then'..
Yeah, gonna call bullshit on negative adept infringing on free will. Same experiential nexus.

No, there's nothing wrong with this scenario, so long as it's all done legally and ethically, as far as I'm concerned. It's just using your cunning to create abundance.

One of the problems the world faces now is that too few people of positive orientation see this. Most of positive orientation have a very poor relationship with money and seemingly want to live in a state of poverty, and thus, have limited their creative capability as a result.

The STS side has always seen that money furthers their STS goals when money is used such that it increases one's status.

The STO side has tremendous opportunity to create for others using money. The great irony though is that STO folks need to generally beg to STS folks for money to achieve their charitable goals, because STO folks just don't seem to care about money. If STO folks had a lot of money to use to create, society wouldn't have near the problems it has.

Money is simply a medium of exchange and civilized man always tends to create such a medium for obvious reasons.

Say Farmer A has a cow, farmer B has a horse, and farmer C has 10 chickens, and each is worth $100. Farmer A wants a horse, farmer B wants 10 chickens and farmer C wants a cow. Those farmers could spend weeks figuring out who is in the market for certain animals, and somehow organize an unwieldy three way swap. Or, each farmer could spend $100 and buy the animals they want in a market. Which is easier?

The problem with money today, is the ease of obtaining debt which has wildly distorted the value of property. And the ability of certain parties to make debt easier or more difficult to obtain, which wildly distorts prices. Hence, foreclosures, crazy student loan debt, increased taxes, etc. etc., and wildly profitable banks.

The other problem with money is the way people are taught about money. Society says money is to be hoarded and that hoarding is practically sacred. That's actually a long discussion, but it's a tremendously loaded subject.

Money is just a tool to use in the course of your life to help you create what you wish. All can use it in the manner they wish, positively or negatively.
For what it's worth, I truly don't believe money is innately evil by any means. It's just energy that can be exchanged like most other things. It's unfortunate that most spiritual seekers have a block against it (previous lifetimes' vows of poverty?) There's more than enough to go around, and it will be in use for at least a few years into the foreseeable future, it'd be better in the service to others folks' hands, obviously. Tongue

I don't think there's anything wrong with using the Law of Attraction to assure you are provided for materially. In fact I think that the alternate route (worrying/anxiety about having enough money) is much less desirable, spiritually speaking.
just putting it out there; I could use some funds. Is this magic?
There are people that won the lottery and it ruined their life.
[deleted]
(11-10-2013, 02:11 PM)truesimultaneity Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-10-2013, 01:45 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]There are people that won the lottery and it ruined their life.

yeah...isn't there a tv sho about them?

i've only played the lotto once in my life bc i suspect winning it would make me morbidly obese. i love food.

I know there was one where they lost it all. Even after winning millions they still invested and lost it.