Bring4th

Full Version: All the World's a Stage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
the immortal William Shakespeare - musician of the English Language, inventor and tinkerer with words, had this to say about life being a performance, an act that comes in 7 parts; in which we are born, in which in we grow, in which we live, and then, well, we sorta hit the downward ladder, and grow into our senility.

here is the speech from As You Like It (act 2/scene 7)

Quote:All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances,
And one man in his time plays many parts,
His acts being seven ages. At first, the infant,
Mewling and puking in the nurse's arms.
Then the whining schoolboy, with his satchel
And shining morning face, creeping like snail
Unwillingly to school. And then the lover,
Sighing like furnace, with a woeful ballad
Made to his mistress' eyebrow. Then a soldier,
Full of strange oaths and bearded like the pard,
Jealous in honor, sudden and quick in quarrel,
Seeking the bubble reputation
Even in the cannon's mouth. And then the justice,
In fair round belly with good capon lined,
With eyes severe and beard of formal cut,
Full of wise saws and modern instances;
And so he plays his part. The sixth age shifts
Into the lean and slippered pantaloon,
With spectacles on nose and pouch on side;
His youthful hose, well saved, a world too wide
For his shrunk shank, and his big manly voice,
Turning again toward childish treble, pipes
And whistles in his sound. Last scene of all,
That ends this strange eventful history,
Is second childishness and mere oblivion,
Sans teeth, sans eyes, sans taste, sans everything.

majestic, no?

and if the analogy is apt - that we are all but players on a stage, offering something (anything) to the other-self as a performance (ie catalyst), then what is it to be a 'conscious' actor on this stage? can we aid more, serve more by being intimately aware of the illusion and the processes by which it delivers its function? (this function being the soul evolution).

what does Q'uo and the LLResearch archives have to say on this matter?

here are some cobbled together quotes from the archives:

- -

http://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/is...draft.aspx
Quote:Aaron: You are each asked to live with one foot in the illusion and one foot in ultimate reality. You straddle a threshold like actors in a play. You play a role here. And, like actors, you must play that role as if it matters. You must involve yourself in the illusion if there is to be learning, otherwise you might as well not have chosen incarnation; and yet, there still must be awareness. Just as the actor must have awareness that he plays to an audience so as not to turn his back on that audience, not to muffle his speech, so you must maintain awareness of your true Self while performing the myriad functions of the human personality.

http://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/is..._0412.aspx
Quote:Q'uo: Thus, the greatest service which a pilgrim can perform at any time is to be, that is, to be a conscious being, an actor, seeing circumstance as illusion, but illusion rich in spiritual possibility. It is one of the clichés, shall we say, of your culture, “There but for fortune, go I.” There are needs which may be met, whether physical, emotional, mental or spiritual, in almost any situation, if the observer is patient enough and careful enough in precise observation. Certain things, such as starvation, are easier to spot. Far less easy to spot are those spiritual possibilities which arise from personal discomfort of one form or another.

http://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/is..._0623.aspx
Quote:Q'uo: Let us say we have done this work, and it does come to an end, not that you do not slip from time to time back into those negative programs which have caused you to be armored against the rest of the world and survive, but that you recognize that you do not need this armor, that you are meant to be vulnerable to circumstance, that you are meant to be an actor upon the social scene. This is the density where you learn to deal with entities in more and more gentle compassion and love.

http://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/is...draft.aspx
Quote:Aaron: You are like actors in a play. When you come out onto the stage, if you look to the audience and say, “Oh, this is only a play. It doesn’t matter,” the audience is not going to get much from your lines offered with no sincerity. If you become so involved in the illusion of the play that you forget that it is a play, forget that there is an audience out there, you may turn your back to the audience or speak too softly for them to hear. The good actor must live its lines convincingly—live them, be them—while being fully aware simultaneously that this is a play, that when it walks offstage it no longer is the identity of that character. This is how the audience learns from a play. And you also are the audience, both actor and audience.

This is what your life asks of you: to live the illusion as full-heartedly as you can while still knowing this is illusion. Herein is the intersection of relative and ultimate reality, the intersection of the cross. You have one foot in relative reality, one foot in ultimate reality, and there is no separation between them. Some of you have understood that you have one foot on each side of this threshold, but you feel as if there were a wall, an infinite wall, dividing relative and ultimate reality so that you may only experience one at a time. It is very hard work to learn to blend them, to bring compassion and wisdom together. But that is what you are here to learn to do.

http://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/is..._0130.aspx

Quote:Latwii: Perhaps within your meditation you may be able to remove yourself from the emotional colorations which lend to your confusion, and place your attention in a position which allows you to look down upon the situation, shall we say, and see yourself and all others within it as actors upon a stage. Look then to the dynamics of the movement and interaction. See that part which you play. Become the author of the script. Attempt to discover what potentials await your learning. What is the lesson that is being taught? How has it been learned? How might the learning be increased?

http://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/is..._0319.aspx

Quote:K: In what sense are we all one?

I am Q’uo, and am aware of your query, my brother. We would suggest that the nature of this unity is complete. You are likened to actors upon the stage who, though remembering their lines, forget their true personality

and at some point in the drama shall aid others in their remembering by their very essence and the nature of their being.

- - -

is this not a magnificent play theatre?

or in the immortal words of one such gladiator (which gives me an ever-chuckle):

[Image: HbwfIZ4.png]

[Image: NNLiV2N.jpg]

[Image: GuxCdZA.jpg]

[Image: 7zkX3hu.jpg]

are you not entertained? are you not entertaining?

BigSmile
[Image: xj0TiXr.jpg]
Thank you Plenum for all the quotes. Sometimes it's hard to remember this is illusion. It's even harder to viscerally feel this is an illusion, to know for certain.
(11-10-2013, 03:05 PM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/is...draft.aspx
Quote:Aaron: You are like actors in a play. When you come out onto the stage, if you look to the audience and say, “Oh, this is only a play. It doesn’t matter,” the audience is not going to get much from your lines offered with no sincerity. If you become so involved in the illusion of the play that you forget that it is a play, forget that there is an audience out there, you may turn your back to the audience or speak too softly for them to hear. The good actor must live its lines convincingly—live them, be them—while being fully aware simultaneously that this is a play, that when it walks offstage it no longer is the identity of that character. This is how the audience learns from a play. And you also are the audience, both actor and audience.

This is what your life asks of you: to live the illusion as full-heartedly as you can while still knowing this is illusion. Herein is the intersection of relative and ultimate reality, the intersection of the cross. You have one foot in relative reality, one foot in ultimate reality, and there is no separation between them. Some of you have understood that you have one foot on each side of this threshold, but you feel as if there were a wall, an infinite wall, dividing relative and ultimate reality so that you may only experience one at a time. It is very hard work to learn to blend them, to bring compassion and wisdom together. But that is what you are here to learn to do.

Thank you plenum, this is precisely what I needed to read. The above Shakespeare quote has been on my mind a lot lately, and the Aaron quote finally reconciles that thought. I have been a 'bad actor' for about a year now and was wondering if was even possible to be a good actor with my knowledge of the illusion. This quote inspires me that I have the potential to be an even better actor than before I awoke.
Quote:Q'uo: Thus, the greatest service which a pilgrim can perform at any time is to be, that is, to be a conscious being, an actor, seeing circumstance as illusion, but illusion rich in spiritual possibility. It is one of the clichés, shall we say, of your culture, “There but for fortune, go I.” There are needs which may be met, whether physical, emotional, mental or spiritual, in almost any situation, if the observer is patient enough and careful enough in precise observation. Certain things, such as starvation, are easier to spot. Far less easy to spot are those spiritual possibilities which arise from personal discomfort of one form or another.

Various forms of this cliche have been running through my head for a few days, that's fun.

This is what popped into my head upon seeing the thread:

[Image: Sculpture_%27Seven_Ages_Of_Man%27-Queen_...London.jpg]

[Image: xj0TiXr.jpg]
(11-10-2013, 05:46 PM)Jade Wrote: [ -> ]

Various forms of this cliche have been running through my head for a few days, that's fun.

This is what popped into my head upon seeing the thread:
no more video. what popped in?
Ahhaha most likely Limelight by Rush.

All the world's indeed a stage
And we are merely players
Performers and portrayers
Each another's audience outside the gilded cage
(07-22-2014, 11:55 PM)isis Wrote: [ -> ][Image: xj0TiXr.jpg]

lol

- -

Little did I know that when I started this thread, o so long ago, that it would somehow acquire 700 thousand page views (how legitimate those views are, is something I am not privy to.). But yeah, that's search engine rankings for you.

As Horuseus also noticed recently:

Top 4 Threads in terms of page views (all time leaderboard)

1) 4D offers Bisexuality (867,563 views)
2) In regards to eating meat (795,032 views)
3) Natural preventatives for bacterial, viral and fungal infections (709,441 views)
4) All the World's a Stage (702,123 views)

This is my lasting contribution to mankind (which I happened to steal from Sagittarius):

gotta love Russell Crowe. Gotta love Gladiator (well, I only got half way through the movie). Gotta love planet earth. Gotta love Shakespeare. Gotta love this thread.

when I go to sleep tonight, I will have just one thought on my mind:

All the World's a Stage

700k pageviews huh?
[Image: what-if-all-the-worlds-a-stage-and-all-t...layers.jpg]
BigSmile
PLENUM, CHECK IT OUT NOW:

4D offers Bisexuality (867,589 views)
All the World's a Stage (845,581 views)
Natural preventatives for bacterial, viral and fungal infections (832,281 views)
In regards to eating meat (796,029 views)
Archetype Forum Introduction and Table of Contents (553,696 views)
^^I just noticed that myself..what's up with that?!

104.26 We leave you in appreciation of the circumstances of the great illusion in which you now choose to play the pipe and timbrel and move in rhythm. We are also players upon a stage. The stage changes. The acts ring down. The lights come up once again. And throughout the grand illusion and the following and the following there is the undergirding majesty of the One Infinite Creator. All is well. Nothing is lost. Go forth rejoicing in the love and the light, the peace and the power of the One Infinite Creator. I am Ra. Adonai.

103.14 Time/space is close in this concept complex, brought close due to the veiling process and its efficaciousness in producing actors who wish to use the resources of the mind in order to evolve.
i predict it will surpass the views of the guidelines thread before long & will remain #1 forever

BRING4TH FORUM GUIDELINES (960,918 views)
I can only conclude that the inner planes are boring and so is higher-density existence.
(08-02-2014, 11:30 PM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]I can only conclude that the inner planes are boring and so is higher-density existence.

I'm not sure if manifesting anthros in a higher D will ever get boring to me. Plus manifesting my environment. I'd take a nice forest with a waterfall, and the ability to create my own food out of thin air.

[Image: 619976aed79d770af95f59910d980426e90df817...696946.jpg]
(07-24-2014, 02:19 AM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]Little did I know that when I started this thread, o so long ago, that it would somehow acquire 700 thousand page views (how legitimate those views are, is something I am not privy to.). But yeah, that's search engine rankings for you.

As Horuseus also noticed recently:

Top 4 Threads in terms of page views (all time leaderboard)

1) 4D offers Bisexuality (867,563 views)
2) In regards to eating meat (795,032 views)
3) Natural preventatives for bacterial, viral and fungal infections (709,441 views)
4) All the World's a Stage (702,123 views)

This is my lasting contribution to mankind (which I happened to steal from Sagittarius):

gotta love Russell Crowe. Gotta love Gladiator (well, I only got half way through the movie). Gotta love planet earth. Gotta love Shakespeare. Gotta love this thread.

when I go to sleep tonight, I will have just one thought on my mind:

All the World's a Stage

700k pageviews huh?
Smile now:

1) All the World's a Stage (875,780 views)
2) 4D offers Bisexuality (867,597 views)
3) Natural preventatives for bacterial, viral and fungal infections (858,650 views)
4) In regards to eating meat (796,309 views)
(08-05-2014, 02:59 PM)isis Wrote: [ -> ]1) All the World's a Stage (875,780 views)....

Great message, from self to self.
Ah yes and what a grand stage it is, is it not? A multitude of variables intertwined upon a multitude of potentials as to how to process our own individual experiences so that we can eventually find that unity that binds us all. To play the part is but only a slice of this oh so succulent pie that we get to enjoy. Being the part is where one not only gets to nibble but to truly engorge ourselves in all of it's magnificent glory.
(08-05-2014, 02:59 PM)isis Wrote: [ -> ]Smile now:

1) All the World's a Stage (875,780 views)
2) 4D offers Bisexuality (867,597 views)
3) Natural preventatives for bacterial, viral and fungal infections (858,650 views)
4) In regards to eating meat (796,309 views)

party time

I think I inadvertently invoked a Page Views Entity when I made this request here:

please help toget to 1 Billion Video Views

please make it stop
0) BRING4TH FORUM GUIDELINES (995,352 views)
1) All the World's a Stage (908,754 views)
Where are you getting these view counts?
BRING4TH FORUM GUIDELINES (998,869 views)
All the World's a Stage (964,092 views)

SOON. VERY SOON...
I saw this a while back but as it's been bumped I wanted to say that this is an awesome OP, Plenum. In a realm of sorrow reminders of the stage and the dance and the temporary nature of it all are helpful. Reminders to play our part to its utmost while not forgetting who we really, actually are.
All the World's a Stage (1,005,598 views)
BRING4TH FORUM GUIDELINES (1,000,246 views)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
just checked this right now ...

All the World's a Stage (1,212,112 views)

I like all the one's and the two's BigSmile

- -

then again, Ra offered this:

Ra Wrote:It is the Confederation’s desire to serve those who may indeed seek more intensely because of this added catalyst. We do not choose to attempt to project the success of added numbers to the harvest for this would not be appropriate.

We are servants. If we are called, we shall serve with all our strength.

To count the numbers is without virtue.

Ra was speaking about a specific instance of 'counting' - regards their effect upon the potential Harvest, but I think the thought can be generalized into other forms of 'counting' and 'measurement'.

metrics really do not get you any closer to unity/infinity.
I think I found the Ra quote that perfectly describes The Law of Responsibility: There is no limit to the service that is desired when it demands to be done.
new prediction:

"natural preventatives for bacterial, viral and fungal infections" will become the #1 viewed
I'm 99.99% sure the high view count is from Google and other web crawlers scanning the thread, that way it's up to date when you utilize said search engine. It is nice to think that up to 1.2 million people viewed the thread, though. Tongue
All the World's a Stage (1,937,802 views)

O_O
Pages: 1 2