Bring4th

Full Version: Building Intuition
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is intuition something we can trust right off the bat? Or do we through practice make it more accurate?

For instance, intuition tells me that emotions have color to them in time/space. Intuition tells me that emotions can be expressed through any of the chakras, but tend to be orange or yellow. But emotions themselves can be any color.

Are there any other examples of what intuition tells us, and whether it can be trusted as the truth? Or is it simply a best guess?

Also, there are many definitions for love. Can love be an emotion as well?

My dog is howling right now, it makes me laugh. It makes me think or intuit that he's enjoying himself.
[deleted]

Bat

I think you can trust your gut feelings on things GW, just go with the flow of your own way.

I have never experienced an uncontrollable emotion.

Unbound

I think there is the ability to become more in tune with one's own intuition through the use of various methods. I don't really see this as making the intuition more accurate so much as increase the ability to direct the focus so that it can work as a focal point for the intuition.

One of the techniques I used/use to do this is pathfinding which is simple enough. Go out for a walk with no direction or destination and let your intuition guide you. You may end up nowhere obviously significant, but doing this frequently enables you to become more familiar with your intuition by creating scenarios for its use. Other times you may be lead to quite astonishing synchronicities. The key is to not have any attachment to any special event occurring from the walk and to simply be context exploring the guidance.

That being said, I think the impressions of intuition manifest both as sensations like "gut feelings", pressure, or magnetic pulling or even just a feeling of "go that way", or as thoughtforms which appear as symbolic sight within the mind.

The second method I have used to work with intuition is symbol interpretation. I believe a studying of symbols is useful for knowledge, but actually spending the time to interpret symbols in your own personal way is a good way to develop intuition. This is more of a freeform intuition using symbols. You can also create a system of symbols to inform your intuition such as with the Tattvas.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tattva
(11-16-2013, 02:26 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]Is intuition something we can trust right off the bat? Or do we through practice make it more accurate?

That is dependent on the turbulence or stillness of your own mind. When a pond is still, you may see the bottom of it, and also the perfect reflection on top. When it is turbulent, on the other hand, the outer reflection and inner reality is much more difficult to perceive. And what is perceived, is distorted or warped.

(11-16-2013, 02:26 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]For instance, intuition tells me that emotions have color to them in time/space. Intuition tells me that emotions can be expressed through any of the chakras, but tend to be orange or yellow. But emotions themselves can be any color.

The colors are a means of translating vibration. Sound is another way to translate vibration. Emotion is a way of translating vibration. All of these are true ways of perceiving. So you could say, in some strange sense, that the energy receptors of the spiritual complex have emotions, tones, and even colors associated with them, as well as even other ways of perceiving their experiential continuums.

(11-16-2013, 02:26 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]Are there any other examples of what intuition tells us, and whether it can be trusted as the truth? Or is it simply a best guess?

When you are in a state of pure alignment with your Higher Self, your inner Logos as it were, you will feel a sense of well being. When your thoughts from moment to moment are harmonious enough that they do not split or separate you, the incarnate soul exploring physicality, from the you that is the time/space analog of yourself in sixth density, you will feel the joy of that communion. And in that sense of alignment -- in that sense of well being -- you will find that your insights, and perceptions are very much heightened. You will "know" things within, that you have no earthly way of knowing. Your perception will be clear and still.

(11-16-2013, 02:26 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]Also, there are many definitions for love. Can love be an emotion as well?

Love is an emotion, an organizing principle, and a perception all in one. Everything is a distortion of love. The less distorted it is, the greater the sense of connection or oneness.

Human beings have a great need to pin emotions down to one particular definition or another, but really there are just two emotions, one feels good, and the other feels bad. We call them different things based on how they arise, but one is a perception of connection, and the other is a perception of separation. We like to categorize different proportions of connection as positive emotions with various names like love, joy, peace, happiness, and categorize different proportions of distortion and separation as negative emotions like fear, hate, jealousy, or frustration. We have the comprehension of beingness to know if we are feeling a sensation that is attractive or aversive in nature, however.

So there are many different types of "love". The love that constitutes the orange ray variety, is different than the love that constitutes the green ray variety. But make no mistake, all is made up of love. But if you are vibrating at a certain level of love, and then move in retrograde, you will perceive the retrograde energy as negative in nature. And if you are vibrating at a certain level, the vibrational ranges higher than that will feel attractive to you. You were born with this spiritual compass.

(11-16-2013, 02:26 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]My dog is howling right now, it makes me laugh. It makes me think or intuit that he's enjoying himself.

BigSmile
[deleted]
Intuition is the faculty that suggests where something is going to or coming from with regards to your experience of self. So it will operate from gross levels of info to fine levels info or from more to less distortion as more of self is accepted.

Also, we typically grasp at or apprehend any new concept using the intuition. This introduction may eventually lead to comprehension, using one of the rational faculties to determine its place in the worldview. Once in the worldview, the now-owned concept is given utility beyond mere vague suggestion and may be shared with a consideration of context. The now expanded worldview may then provide a means to support further intuitive perception. So you see how intuition draws from experience and experience, in turn, supports intuitive perception.

Your mind and that of the collective are tightly integrated (as they are ultimately the same). So if your grasping also happens to be at the boundary of collective apprehension, then it follows that your worldview creation is also available to the collective for its exploration. This can create a focal point for energies as one may be able to epitomize (have the "answer" to a "question") something many may be are grasping toward.

"Channelers" will tend to be offering info at some sub-collective, or collective boundary or cusp of apprehension, and when relating info may or may not be able to support their ideas using a rational worldview. Due to its ability to provide choice, it's always the rational worldview which carries any actual utility (and not the vague intuition) and so some potential capacity for infringement.
(11-17-2013, 08:04 PM)truesimultaneity Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-17-2013, 05:04 PM)Bat Wrote: [ -> ]I have never experienced an uncontrollable emotion.

u're wrong imo.

by "uncontrollable" i meant an emotion u can't avoid feeling completely. i can avoid feeling certain emotions entirely...like boredom, sadness, and anger. i consider others to be very much uncontrollable...like love, peacefulness, and curiosity.

[Image: Intuition_FrancisCholle.jpg]

[Image: Einstein_Intuition.jpg]

[Image: Intuition.jpg]

[Image: your_intuition-500x246.jpg]

Bat

I will agree with you on some points. Some emotions are flowing. For me most fall back into the neutral. Just like sparks they are intense but fade back into what which they came.
(11-18-2013, 03:52 AM)Bat Wrote: [ -> ]I will agree with you on some points. Some emotions are flowing. For me most fall back into the neutral. Just like sparks they are intense but fade back into what which they came.

i have certain sparks that won't stay out...they flare up every so often whether or not i condone it. then there are other sparks i can effortlessly keep dim indefinitely. that's why i consider some sparks uncontrollable.
Zen, how does worldview differ from perspective?

Bat

For me its like notes on a piano. Once i have an emotion a note is played but it goes back into the neutral emptiness of the mind. I don't try to control my emotions i just let them go. Rather than take over this thread with a different discussion feel free to PM if you are interested in talking about it more.
'Perception' is an interpretation of information you pick up thru your physical (or non-physical) senses. You interpret visual images that is picked up by your eye. The information is interpreted based on your worldview.You basically see the world thru the 'lenses' of your worldview.

I think there's a quote that goes like: we don't see things as they are but we see things as we are. lol

and 'the eyes form the world and the world forms the eye'