Bring4th

Full Version: Responding to psychic greeting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently responded poorly to a situation that I interpret as psychic greeting.

The bizarre, hostile, and nonresponsive nature of the message was just the way that some other people had behaved in my past, before they turned violent or abusive.

My responses of fear, anger, defensiveness, and a desire to protect myself and other potential victims drove a compulsive sense of urgency to show up the "greeter"... even though the nature of the "greeting" was already self-evident, and nobody else was really in danger.

A portion of my response was informed by the Law of One perspective I've been learning here, and the part of my spirit that resonated with that perspective in the first place. Another portion of my response projected my hurts of the past into the present, making a mixed-message mess.

Without responding to the specific incident if you saw it, since I've been told that it's best to leave the specifics to those who are equipped to deal with the situation... I wonder if there are ways anyone can suggest to defuse the emotional "hook" of the situation, to escape the trance of negative and regain a peaceful awareness of the moment's opportunities for love.

I am working through the underlying issues from a psychological point of view with a compassionate, skillful counselor who's mostly Buddhist in outlook. My question here is what Law of One material might particularly apply in using wisdom and discernment, when offered an emotionally intense opportunity to join in a negatively polarized situation.

P.S. My response in the situation may have offended or reflected poorly on people of goodwill. I deeply apologize if that's what happened.

PPS I'll read and respond here tomorrow, my Internet connection is currently up and down intermittently.
If anything, use the event as catalyst, and find the lesson in it. If you do that, you need not repeat what you perceive as the negativity you felt compelled to become involved in.
Best thing I have learned so far, everything is a chance to learn The negative stuff tends to propel us a little faster, I am grateful for it. (usually much later)
(01-28-2010, 02:40 AM)Questioner Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if there are ways anyone can suggest to defuse the emotional "hook" of the situation, to escape the trance of negative and regain a peaceful awareness of the moment's opportunities for love.

Choose to do so.

It may sound really corny but it's the bottom line. You're basically sitting on a horse that thinks he's walking into the stables because he's been doing that all winter. But summer is coming and you want him to walk you into the field. He's not going to do it unless you guide him, this means firmly calmly and compassionately insisting.

There's two paths you can take. Most people plan to fail, (I can never do this) you should plan to succeed (Let's just do it).

When you note a fish hook as you aptly call it. Laugh, don't bite. Name it if you can. These things only work if they're hidden. When you realize you've just bitten a fish hook, carefully take it out. For example by focusing on the here and now and connecting to your self. This will push out most negatives! If you realize you've bitten a fish hook in the past and there's nothing more you can do to change it... Think about it, what alternative was available? If it really bugs you that you bit it, then that's another fish hook, don't bite, instead choose to feel better.

The biggest point is recognizing it and realizing that you DO have an influence in the situation. Even a tiny influence is a big effect on the long run. In general if you have very little influence in something all you need to do to make it successful regardless is plot and scheme a little... Know what you're doing, why you're doing it and just do it.

Time is our biggest ally because it turns a small force into a big force.

fairyfarmgirl

Was this an actual person/group greeting you or was this a true energetic mind-link psychic greeting?

fairyfarmgirl
Interesting, this reminds me of a last night when I think I was tested. I made a wrong turn when driving, and ended up in the drivethrough of some restaurant behind 3 cars, and in front of 1. I think they took 30 minutes to serve the 3 people, though I wasn't really keeping track. First time I've gone through the drivethrough without needing to order. I was in very good mood the whole time, as I tend to live in a state of timelessness, just enjoying Creator's energy flowing through me.
Thank you all.

Ali, the horse and fish hook analogies are very helpful to me. Thank you so much! It really helps me learn when I can visualize a storyline. If I can get a start at a picture, sometimes my imagination can give me an instant summary of the rest of the story.

I like your suggestion that I can think of the unconscious emotional reaction as like a horse that gets spooked. Instead of getting spooked, the horse needs to learn that it is safe now. Then it won't flee but will be ready to ride. I think of talking kindly to the scared, startled animal, until it finds calm and peace in the moment. Then I think of talking to the scared, startled part of myself with that same gentle kindness and patience.

Since I don't have much experience with horses I can also think of how Ceser Milan calms upset dogs. This picture of loving kindness almost brings tears of joy and relief. It is sure a lot easier than trying to pull harder at the rope while the horse digs in its feet, afraid it's being taken back to the scene of an old injury.

I also like the fish hook metaphor. My imagination popped up a scene of a corny Batman villain who snuck into the kitchen of a socialite event. As the cheesy announcer of the old TV show would put it: the crooked conniver tried to serve snacks that included horrifically hidden hooks! Batman, of course, would not even take the first bite. He'd just crumble away the tempting cheese or pastry on top to reveal the hidden hook. This would thwart the dastardly plan! The socialites chased the gang out of the kitchen, zowie ka-pow! Hmm, getting to laugh at the ridiculousness of the situation helps too.

ffg, each situation was interaction with physical people. I believe most of the people were unaware they had opened the door for negative spiritual forces to work through them at the time. In some cases, I guess from context person might have deliberately chosen to be a channel for negative forces. Thank you for asking.

gw, did you get a free dessert since they made you wait so long in the line? Wink Maybe it would be fun to have a movie where the whole thing is conversations people have while stuck in the wrong lines.

fairyfarmgirl

[quote='Questioner' pid='9996' dateline='1264697642']
Thank you all.

ffg, each situation was interaction with physical people. I believe most of the people were unaware they had opened the door for negative spiritual forces to work through them at the time. In some cases, I guess from context person might have deliberately chosen to be a channel for negative forces. Thank you for asking.

In that case: SHEILDS UP!

Love--

fairyfarmgirl
(01-28-2010, 02:36 PM)fairyfarmgirl Wrote: [ -> ]In that case: SHEILDS UP!

That's what I'm learning how to do. Thanks for the love!
(01-28-2010, 02:41 PM)Questioner Wrote: [ -> ]

That's what I've done my whole life. The issue with me is trying to open up and let anything at all in. Earth's energies are a bit prickly for me.
(01-28-2010, 03:08 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]That's what I've done my whole life. The issue with me is trying to open up and let anything at all in. Earth's energies are a bit prickly for me.

Let's swap for February. I'll get some nice peace & quiet and you can find out what you've been missing. Wink

fairyfarmgirl

(01-28-2010, 02:41 PM)Questioner Wrote: [ -> ]

I bless you with Light and Love, Questioner. HeartAngel My shields are that of Visualization. I visualize all that is disharmonious as Roses falling at my feet which are picked up by Angels and returned to the Cosmos as pure Energy of Light/Love. But really I find Star Trek to be of value here... for in the time of aggression they simply raise their Shields.

Love--

fairyfarmgirl
(01-28-2010, 11:04 PM)fairyfarmgirl Wrote: [ -> ]My shields are that of Visualization. I visualize all that is disharmonious as Roses falling at my feet which are picked up by Angels and returned to the Cosmos as pure Energy of Light/Love.

That's beautiful. As I read this description, I pictured an angel with gloves throwing away the thorns and handing me the rose flowers!

A specific picture is more helpful for me than Star Trek's invisible energy-bouncers. But thanks for the reminder because that is a cool idea too.
(01-28-2010, 12:54 PM)Questioner Wrote: [ -> ]Ali, the horse and fish hook analogies are very helpful to me. Thank you so much! It really helps me learn when I can visualize a storyline. If I can get a start at a picture, sometimes my imagination can give me an instant summary of the rest of the story.
Same here. I visualize the human being as a human riding an animal guided by an angel. We really are three fold. Think of them as you think of your mind and body, they are literally part of you.

Quote:I like your suggestion that I can think of the unconscious emotional reaction as like a horse that gets spooked. Instead of getting spooked, the horse needs to learn that it is safe now. Then it won't flee but will be ready to ride. I think of talking kindly to the scared, startled animal, until it finds calm and peace in the moment. Then I think of talking to the scared, startled part of myself with that same gentle kindness and patience.
It helps, but in my experience that creature isn't half as scared as you are a lot of the time. If you are pushed to your limits eventually it will burst out and set things "right".. You revert to your animal survival instinct and do things you consider to be almost impossible. This animal is pretty much raw power. But it needs a lot of guidance and is severely repressed in our society. I believe this is the origin of the werewolf and vampire fantasies. The beast within, raw power balanced only by a thin layer of civilized humanity. It's what happens if you don't fully repress the animal within and don't learn to live as one with it either.

Quote:Since I don't have much experience with horses I can also think of how Ceser Milan calms upset dogs. This picture of loving kindness almost brings tears of joy and relief. It is sure a lot easier than trying to pull harder at the rope while the horse digs in its feet, afraid it's being taken back to the scene of an old injury.
Thinking of a giant with the mind of a child also helps Smile

Quote:I also like the fish hook metaphor.
This one is actually from the behavioral psychologists. The basic idea is that there's a reinforcing cycle. Starting with a stimulus (fish hook), leading to a response (Your behavior) and then being reinforced by the outcome of your behavior. We originally just bite at whatever hook comes in front of us. It's really a continuing effort to not bite. It's not hard to not bite, but you have to remain aware, forget your intent for a moment and chomp!

fairyfarmgirl

(01-29-2010, 01:01 AM)Questioner Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-28-2010, 11:04 PM)fairyfarmgirl Wrote: [ -> ]My shields are that of Visualization. I visualize all that is disharmonious as Roses falling at my feet which are picked up by Angels and returned to the Cosmos as pure Energy of Light/Love.

That's beautiful. As I read this description, I pictured an angel with gloves throwing away the thorns and handing me the rose flowers!

A specific picture is more helpful for me than Star Trek's invisible energy-bouncers. But thanks for the reminder because that is a cool idea too.

I have set my aura to respond automatically with the voice of Captain Picard Commanding "Shield's Up!" I laugh BigSmile every time I hear it with Joy and respond with the Roses or Bathing the other and Self in Love and Light (and the Angels are always present around us at all times we are never really alone... even if we feel we are... we are not). If it is indeed a true STS they will have indigestion due to all that indigestible LOVE Tongue and have to leave to care for themselves.

HeartAngelBigSmile
fairyfarmgirl
I'm pretty sure that the archetypes that Ra and L/L were investigating in Book IV can be used to "change consciousness at will." I believe that you would invoke the appropriate archetype to help you through the difficult situation in a radiant and balanced manner. Ra gave an example of how to use the Magician (Matrix of the Mind) archetype; unfortunately they did not give such pithy suggestions for the other archetypes and I'm not sure which one or ones would be most helpful in a situation like the one you describe.

Ali Quadir's image of the horse makes me think of the Strength archetype (Experience of the Body) with its lion guided by the female figure.

I also like the hook analogy and the Batman visualization. Smile
(01-28-2010, 02:40 AM)Questioner Wrote: [ -> ]A portion of my response was informed by the Law of One perspective I've been learning here, and the part of my spirit that resonated with that perspective in the first place. Another portion of my response projected my hurts of the past into the present, making a mixed-message mess.

I am working through the underlying issues from a psychological point of view with a compassionate, skillful counselor who's mostly Buddhist in outlook. My question here is what Law of One material might particularly apply in using wisdom and discernment, when offered an emotionally intense opportunity to join in a negatively polarized situation.

my understanding of psychic greeting is this:

1) you have a distortion

2) negative entities know how to manipulate that distortion for their benefit

3) you become aware that you are being manipulated/having your buttons pushed

4) you banish that entity so that you have a clean place of working (think of a hospital with clean hands, clean gloves)

5) you work on balancing/understanding your distortion

6) you thank the entity for bringing that distortion that had been previously un-noticed/ignored to the forefront of your attention.

of course, the doing of this is much harder than the writing of this Smile
Another excellent post Plenum ! Smile
Hmm. Another greeting lol.
(06-15-2012, 12:49 PM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]my understanding of psychic greeting is this:

1) you have a distortion

4) you banish that entity so that you have a clean place of working (think of a hospital with clean hands, clean gloves)

6) you thank the entity for bringing that distortion that had been previously un-noticed/ignored to the forefront of your attention.

I believe that "4" is not only unecessary, but is a result of 5)/6) - by accepting and thanking the entity at the same time, recognizing that it was you who put yourself in vulnerable position in the first place, you let it fill its contract, and it will go away in a natural manner - as the new you would not be the same you that was in the vibrational levels necessary to meet the "attacker".
(06-15-2012, 12:49 PM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]my understanding of psychic greeting is this:

1) you have a distortion

(06-15-2012, 06:10 PM)Oldern Wrote: [ -> ]I believe that "4" is not only unecessary, but is a result of 5)/6) - by accepting and thanking the entity at the same time, recognizing that it was you who put yourself in vulnerable position in the first place, you let it fill its contract, and it will go away in a natural manner - as the new you would not be the same you that was in the vibrational levels necessary to meet the "attacker".

Oldern, your thought about Plenum's number four being the result of 5 and 6 matches my understanding exactly.

Embracing the negatively oriented entity with total, unstinting love makes them rather sick, as I understand these things. They find the energy abhorrent/repulsive, so they make a u-turn. : )

Also, working on balancing/accepting/understanding your own self can and will eliminate the entry way that the negative greeter had into your energy field.

As Ra said, love is the great protector.

: ) GLB
thanks for your thoughts Oldern and GLB.

I just recently stumbled across this relevant passage in dealing with 'negative' influences:

Quote:32.1 Secondly, the means of protection against any negative or debilitating influence for those upon the positive path was demonstrated by this instrument to a very great degree. Consider, if you will, the potentials that this particular occurrence had for negative influences to enter the instrument. This instrument thought upon the Creator in its solitude and in actions with other-self, continually praised and gave thanksgiving to the Creator for the experiences it was having. This in turn allowed this particular entity to radiate to the other-self such energies as became a catalyst for an opening and strengthening of the other-self’s ability to function in a more positively polarized state. Thus we see protection being very simple. Give thanksgiving for each moment. See the self and the other-self as Creator. Open the heart. Always know the light and praise it. This is all the protection necessary.

good stuff!
(07-03-2012, 08:31 AM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]thanks for your thoughts Oldern and GLB.

I just recently stumbled across this relevant passage in dealing with 'negative' influences:

Quote:32.1 Secondly, the means of protection against any negative or debilitating influence for those upon the positive path was demonstrated by this instrument to a very great degree. Consider, if you will, the potentials that this particular occurrence had for negative influences to enter the instrument. This instrument thought upon the Creator in its solitude and in actions with other-self, continually praised and gave thanksgiving to the Creator for the experiences it was having. This in turn allowed this particular entity to radiate to the other-self such energies as became a catalyst for an opening and strengthening of the other-self’s ability to function in a more positively polarized state. Thus we see protection being very simple. Give thanksgiving for each moment. See the self and the other-self as Creator. Open the heart. Always know the light and praise it. This is all the protection necessary.

good stuff!

Indeed. I always keep this in mind. Love is all the protection needed.
An insight I received in meditation was a reminder to remove the idea that something else is attacking you, to harness the power behind the idea that you are in your creation, and to essentially not be afraid of yourself. There is a level of fear that's entirely real which is induced, but if it can be understood that it's nothing more than yourself, can you really be afraid? It's analogous to being afraid of your own shadow.

I know it's not that simple..what I went through was close to the level of severe, including altered states. What I'm realizing is that they take advantage of the notion that you're somehow separate from the experiences you're having, as if you're going through a process that you have no control over. And indeed you're given suggestions to release control and give in. You think you're failing at something, have things entirely wrong, not doing the right things..all sorts of suggestions are thrown at you. It takes awhile to understand that you do have control, because it's just you, you're not failing, and nothing is going to take you over. I think that's why Ra said to reflect on the idea of being the creator. Because if you are the creator, how can something else ultimately have power over you? So it helps to remind yourself of the unity and equality behind the experiences, rather than believing you're inferior..which seems to be the motivation, the goal, and the main weapon used behind the attacks.
That may have been psychic greeting that I had in my experience a couple of months ago. I did feel inferior. I was afraid. I felt like I had no control. I definitely didn't see myself as Creator. If I had only known, I could have minimized the intensity of it.
Yeah, I think to encounter the inferiority, self-acceptance is key and just as important in terms of love. Love in this case is the self-worthiness that Ra speaks of in relation to the indigo center that's blocked in the attack. For me, I could see many many ways in which I could be the perfect representation of love, as a kind of servant, but some weren't entirely rational, yet I was kicking myself for not being able to follow through.

So that seems to be where the over-activation of compassion comes in opposite of blocked indigo. Learning to accept your imperfectness (which is what is being attacked..suggesting your are inferior/failing), seems to be a defense. Although attacks can highlight things you're doing wrong. And if you're attempting to overcome something, it was said that just creates further blockage. Patience was suggested here in third density, while also opening the door to intelligent infinity carefully and conscientiously. Don't try to do all of everything all at once, it's not possible!
It's not my goal to open intelligent infinity. I've tried in the past and it's too much for me.
It's a loaded concept..working towards balance in the present seems to be all that's needed.
Simply realize you are not being "attacked," you are being greetedby the Creator. Understand, all interactions are from Creator to Creator. It may help to see the negatively-serving entity not as your enemy, but as your friend (negative friend, if you will). If you have chosen to tread the positive path of service, then you shall embrace it in love. That is your service. The negative entity, unable/unwilling to accept the service you offer, will then leave your vibratory field or else risk losing negative polarization.

It's that simple. If one does not perceive the greeting as an "attack" then there is no need for protection—there is just the Creator/Love.

And Love is.