Bring4th

Full Version: self-deception (self misunderstanding) in choosing service
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
there is a passage which descibes the people of Maldek, and what befell them. I remember being particularly struck by this passage when I first came across it, and it still has a certain 'sting' value today.

the crux of it revolves around the majority of their social complex ideas being swivelled around what are service-to-self concepts.

the kicker is that they absolutely sincerely believed they were service-to-others orientation.

I mean, I think we can all recognise the conscious STS leaning, and one who is consciously aware of their deliberate pathway ("Genghis", 'Bulba", "Rasputin".) They absolutely KNEW what they were doing.

but then there is the situation of people(s) who profess to be STO, and yet, much like the two Wanderers on Venus, in their self-belief of serving others, they end up actually polarising negative!!

the self-deception and lack of self-understanding is astonishing. That one thing could end up resulting in the opposite.

Quote:10.1 The peoples of Maldek had a civilization somewhat similar to that of the societal complex known to you as Atlantis in that it gained much technological information and used it without care for the preservation of their sphere following to a majority extent the complex of thought, ideas, and actions which you may associate with your so-called negative polarity or the service to self.

This was, however, for the most part, couched in a sincere belief/thought structure which seemed to the perception of the mind/body complexes of this sphere to be positive and of service to others.

what is the extent of one's acceptance? what is the extent of one's control? that seems to be the only way to gauge/barometer a philosophical system.
It's interesting how the word belief is tied to this idea of thought structure..as if the structure is a thing which is real. Our interactions with others can either create harmony or disharmony. When one attempts to convey understanding, is it really understanding, or repetition of control? If thoughts are symbols, the use of our consciousness in a symbolic manner must make all the difference. The approach to catalyst seems to be the only thing that determines what makes a person positive or negative. I believe well intentioned teaching of positive philosophy when others do not seem to be asking for advice is not love of others, it's love of self. Because it's not about the philosophy you're conveying, it's about you and your wisdom. This must be what happened with Atantis, Maldek etc. It's the negative idea of "..those working from feelings of being correct personally or of having answers which will put power in a more correct configuration."

"The Law of One states simply that all things are one, that all beings are one. There are certain behaviors and thought-forms consonant with the understanding and practice of this law."

One thing I've found helpful is to simply reflect on whether you're creating/channeling joy or control. Rather than attempting to control a person's mind, it may be helpful to ask "What is this person asking of me? Are the opinions they're expressing just their confusion? And are they really asking for an answer? And if not, well that's ok! Why? Because I see myself. I also have/had those thoughts. So I'm not going to correct them. They're allowed to own their thoughts and be themselves."

If harmony is the goal, creating and exuding that joyful state of being must be fundamental. Beingness..be harmony, channel it. Bring harmony into being. If more and more of us are able to be happy with what is, then more and more harmony will begin to manifest. Create harmony. If I'm happy, and I let others believe what they want to believe (what we could call happiness since it's comfort), then there is no conflict between us two. People intuitively resonate with those who are happy people and understand that's what they seek. They'll ask for advice to questions when they're ready. Being there for when someone asks something from you is true service to others.
Our thoughts & emotions are laden with our beliefs, assumptions, biases, and world views that's based on life experience so it's a part of a structure (like complexes). People consciously and unconsciously act or make decisions in a particular way (e.g., push people away) because they believe they are not loveable and will be rejected by other self anyway so why not reject others first -- so people do self-sabotage opportunities for harmony and building relationships with others, even when they desire harmony and peace. Even if it's conscious still, it's a challenge to unhook from that place bc lots of times people are hopeless to change bc they think they've tried evertyhing and nothing worked. So I do agree loving one self (having positive regard and respect for self) could influence the way we handle catalyst (reject/accept).

The whole, 'I can't help how I am or what I do' is kind of representative of their hopelessness and divorcing self from the locus of control/agency to make changes. But ironically they are in control.
I think it's especially important to add for the kinds of people who frequent this website, that it is very interesting and curious how one's outer relationship with reality changes in profound ways once one begins focusing on simply changing their perceptions, beliefs, and emotional responses to situations. The timing of external events, or if you prefer, one's sense of luck, changes very quickly at times once a new change has occurred within the self. Such internal changes are obvious to note because they are accompanied by very strong emotions and "aha" moments of realization.

The very act of TRYING to change the world outside yourself, is akin to goin within yourself in meditation and forcing yourself to enjoy an imagined scenario that you have no desire for. You will be met with very backwards results from what you intended or hoped for.
I think rie really helped put it into perspective for my limited view. I think we all know people who are good people, but who have been hurt too many times to behave in what we see as a true STO nature. These people have probably never learned/experienced unconditional love, and therefore the conditional love that they do offer is definitely more of an STS type of love. "This must be done for me in this way or else I will unhinge and release my wrath." They are definitely in self-preservation mode and can really only focus on what makes themselves feel better and hardly not at all about how their behavior affects others.

I do think it is definitely from a place of self-worth. If you have no value in yourself, it is hardly possible to find value in others. If you can't even process your own emotions, then you can't be expected to have empathy to contemplate someone else's. I think this situation might be one of the scariest "traps" to fall into in 3-D: truly desiring unity, but too stressed by outside conflicts to be able to consider such as a possible outcome.

Thanks for the help dealing with specific catalyst that I'm currently undergoing by allowing me to find another space to put compassion for the snake that is trying to bite me on the ankles. Tongue
Something that I've been thinking about recently:

I've come across folks who study the Ra Material & other philosophies, who are very interested in what the 'STS' do and how they polarize. They seem to believe that knowing how STS operate will help them to be safer. Lots of diagnoses like, 'that's STS' or 'that can be manipulated by STS so we shouldn't do that'. So I am thinking they see the world as a dangerous place and that there are external threats that need to be contained. They also believe that knowing is power, and that the path to polarizing STO is to understand STS bc STS will sabotage. Sure, possible.

However, it is kind of a question mark due to its focus on external shadows rather than integration of split self (i.e. harmony & peace within self) w/ one's internal shadow. This may be an attempt to protect the world from the dangers of STS and thereby offering service as protector of sorts, but it's also projecting personal shadow onto external object. It's intended as service to other and to grow but there is a limit when focus is on external without recognizing how the external mirrors internal.

But point is, deep, honest examination of one's motivation could yield opportunities for reflexively understanding consequence of own actions (whether physically done or within one's mind). Blue raaaay.

P.S. I may be projecting on these folks. lol

Melissa

What I don't understand is how one could polarize negatively when they absolutely sincerely believe they're being of service to others.
(12-06-2013, 05:56 PM)Melissa Wrote: [ -> ]What I don't understand is how one could polarize negatively when they absolutely sincerely believe they're being of service to others.

Simply put, they miss the mark.

A being who polarizes negatively while truly believing they are acting in the best interests of themselves as well as others, will find whatever justification they need to make their actions (which are in essence controlling or manipulating others) make sense within their belief system. They would find it abhorrent were you to suggest that they simply ALLOW other beings to carry on as they were, "unchecked" or "without proper guidance", which they themselves believe they have the right tools or methods for. The most disciplined and polarized ones who operate this way would have an incredibly deep sense of purpose for their methods and understand very well how their belief system makes logical sense...Many of the rules they follow would have to be STS in design otherwise their system would feel ineffectual to them, and definitely would not achieve the results on their society/world that they long for.
One way I see this as having manifested in more of a concrete(dense) way is that the society probably dictated positive actions. For example forcing others to treat each other with love and respect. Forcing entities to recycle and conserve. Forcing entities to smile. Maybe they thought this would create positive outcomes, but force is control and therefore negatively serving the self of rule-makers, even if all willingly helped to create the rules.

Melissa

(12-06-2013, 06:16 PM)Turtle Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-06-2013, 05:56 PM)Melissa Wrote: [ -> ]What I don't understand is how one could polarize negatively when they absolutely sincerely believe they're being of service to others.

Simply put, they miss the mark.

A being who polarizes negatively while truly believing they are acting in the best interests of themselves as well as others, will find whatever justification they need to make their actions (which are in essence controlling or manipulating others) make sense within their belief system. They would find it abhorrent were you to suggest that they simply ALLOW other beings to carry on as they were, "unchecked" or "without proper guidance", which they themselves believe they have the right tools or methods for. The most disciplined and polarized ones who operate this way would have an incredibly deep sense of purpose for their methods and understand very well how their belief system makes logical sense...Many of the rules they follow would have to be STS in design otherwise their system would feel ineffectual to them, and definitely would not achieve the results on their society/world that they long for.

Thanks, I'll have to think about that for awhile.

People do this all the time. They try to control others 'for their own good'.
89.33 Questioner: What was the origin of the two entities of which you speak?
Ra: I am Ra. These entities were Wanderers from early positive fifth density.

89.34 Questioner: And yet, though they had already evolved through a positive fourth density they, shall we say, flipped polarity in the reincarnating in third density. Is this correct?
Ra: I am Ra. This is correct.

89.35 Questioner: What was the catalyst for their change?
Ra: I am Ra. In our peoples there was what may be considered, from the viewpoint of wisdom, an overabundance of love. These entities looked at those still in darkness and saw that those of a neutral or somewhat negative viewpoint found such harmony, shall we say, sickening. The Wanderers felt that a more wisdom-oriented way of seeking love could be more appealing to those in darkness.

First one entity began its work. Quickly the second found the first. These entities had agreed to serve together and so they did, glorifying the One Creator, but not as they intended. About them were soon gathered those who found it easy to believe that a series of specific knowledges and wisdoms would advance one towards the Creator. The end of this was the graduation into fourth-density negative of the Wanderers, which had much power of personality, and some small deepening of the negatively polarized element of those not polarizing positively. There was no negative harvest as such.

89.40 Questioner: What was the attitude of these two entities after they graduated into fourth-density negative and, the veil being removed, they realized that they had switched polarities?
Ra: I am Ra. They were disconcerted.

89.41 Questioner: Then did they continue striving to polarize negatively for a fifth-density negative harvest or did they do something else?
Ra: I am Ra. They worked with the fourth-density negative for some period until, within this framework, the previously learned patterns of the self had been recaptured and the polarity was, with great effort, reversed. There was a great deal of fourth-density positive work then to be retraced.

Sincerity has absolutely nothing to do with honesty.
"These entities had agreed to serve together and so they did, glorifying the One Creator, but not as they intended. About them were soon gathered those who found it easy to believe that a series of specific knowledges and wisdoms would advance one towards the Creator"

Let us review, how many times has the Ra been contacted in our history? like 4 or 5?
How many times has the aforementioned underlined statement happened/ is happening now here?
Basically every religion in the world it seems.
But they are all saying the same thing right?
It is like all we really can do is raise vibration because all the information is available to anyone. Text or no text, guides, etc.
I think in the Koran it is written that the message will be made available to every one in some form or another.
(12-06-2013, 06:16 PM)Turtle Wrote: [ -> ]They would find it abhorrent were you to suggest that they simply ALLOW other beings to carry on as they were, "unchecked" or "without proper guidance", which they themselves believe they have the right tools or methods for.

Yes..it has to do with approach to catalyst. Even if you attempt to convey a more enlightened viewpoint, to correct another if they didn't ask you for direct advice is to control.

50.6 "These other-selves are conceived to be dependent upon the self and in need of the guidance and the wisdom of the self."

It all comes down to the symbols of radiation and absorption. If you have done your inner work, when people make charged statements you should be able to see your mirror and it shouldn't bother you. To let others be themselves is to radiate love of others. Ra refers to serving others as requiring delicacy, and patience. To take it upon yourself to correct and guide another if they didn't ask you for advice, even though sincere, is to control and absorb. We all find pleasure in correcting/controlling others. Everyone likes to be correct, right? It's why we argue. A pleasure exists there..it's satisfying to align others with our thoughts. The catch is that it takes a lot of honest release of emotions and expression of your feelings, which will come in the form of arguing and conflict, before you can reach that balanced state.

I believe Ra addresses some of this when they refer to man-made intelligence in 18.6.

What is peculiar is that Ra describes walking each path as potentiating service to others or potentiating service to self. They also said.."That which is magical in the negative experience is much longer coming, shall we say, in the third density." What I think is going on and what has happened in the past, is that we pursue what we feel to be positive, yet we're continually building this unforeseen negative charge (potentiating) that is eventually released as some type of conflict. But as you said, if you're diligent with your inner work there are positive external events that coincide with your aha moments.

I don't know about you guys, but if you pay attention to the conversations that happen around you throughout the day, direct questions are rarely ever asked. As in, "Can you help me with this? or What do you think?". There are a lot of opinions thrown around, but I don't feel that people genuinely seek directly. Most of it is just banter. There is certainly a lot of confusion being expressed, but I think one has to be careful. However, there is an endless amount of opportunity to help others in a more general way. People are starving, the poor are everywhere, and there is a lot of general distortion that needs aid. I feel that's how we probably teach best. Serving in that manner is a direct avenue towards loving others.

As a final note, I would say that Ra attempted to address this whole concept of misguided positivity actually being negative through the idea of free will and infringement. I believe the group's distortions forced Ra to convey negativity in terms of how we might normally perceive it, yet they left hints. They did however talk about the concept of infringement on the free will (beliefs) of others frequently.

"Thusly, if we were to offer information that were not a response to observations of the student we would be infringing upon the free will of the learn/teacher by being teach/learner and learn/teacher at once."

"It is important to allow each seeker to enlighten itself rather than for any messenger to attempt in language to teach/learn for the entity, thus being teach/learner and learn/teacher."

"However, our very being is hopefully a poignant example of both the necessity and the near-hopelessness of attempting to teach." Ra was just patiently hanging around in silence, waiting to answer a call.
(12-07-2013, 12:17 AM)primordial abyss Wrote: [ -> ]It is like all we really can do is raise vibration because all the information is available to anyone. Text or no text, guides, etc.
If survival needs are addressed, there is certainly plenty of information available. However, it often takes a certain degree of dissatisfaction or discomfort in order to attempt to move toward further balance. A confused individual may learn to tolerate a higher and higher degree of discomfort which will defer seeking. Society has customs and institutions which promote confusion and distraction, rather than actual balance and harmony. Given that we are social creatures who are largely dependent on the social mind to inform experience, it stands to reason that availability of information is relative to opportunity to receive the information.
Consider an example: a society which has achieved peace and prosperity for all it's citizens by creating a race of beings to do all the menial labour and dangerous work. They would no doubt believe they were doing good by making it so that their people were free to do as they pleased and live in peace, but I don't think the servants would, not that anyone would think to ask them Tongue

The people would believe they were serving the good of humanity but they would be infringing on the free will of this other race.
(12-06-2013, 09:59 AM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]used it without care for the preservation of their sphere
(12-07-2013, 12:31 AM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]it stands to reason that availability of information is relative to opportunity to receive the information.

What I am suggesting is that all information of this octave- at least- is potentially available for anyone at any time to tap into and what is necessary for the growth of the individual is basically bound into coming to fruition through whichever medium is most comprehensible/palatable for it's synthesis of understanding. This can be anything. Same thing as you said I guess in a different way..
(12-06-2013, 06:33 PM)neutral333 Wrote: [ -> ]One way I see this as having manifested in more of a concrete(dense) way is that the society probably dictated positive actions. For example forcing others to treat each other with love and respect. Forcing entities to recycle and conserve. Forcing entities to smile. Maybe they thought this would create positive outcomes, but force is control and therefore negatively serving the self of rule-makers, even if all willingly helped to create the rules.

Good points. A simple fact of life is that people don't like being told what to do and have to make their own mistakes to learn. The more restrictions you place on a child for instance, the more dysfunction it can cause. This is the same idea that nothing shall be overcome, and that you can't learn for another. So what sense is there walking around being bothered with experience unless someone asks something of you? People will find and enter certain circles when they're ready, self-initiating themselves into greater discipline. I don't intend to make it sound so strict. With conversation around you you're inevitably going to offer bits and pieces here and there..intent is probably what matters most.

A question to ask would be how does one become all there is? Restrict it or let it move freely? Part of harmony is acceptance of self and your needs/limitations, so it's not as if we're just to roll over, but I think there are a lot of ways in which we resist experience. Since we're all equals, and the work of sixth-density (indigo work in general) is to share experience equally, I always remind myself that everyone is a teacher, constantly offering reflections of ourselves and asking for acceptance. So the more you work on seeing yourself in others in the moment, rather than resisting experience or attempting to guide, you begin channeling/expressing/radiating more of intelligent infinity at any one moment. In other words you unify and balance the positive and negative, making it one.

To become the moment is to become infinity. To enter the present is to open the gateway. This third-density drama then becomes less and less useful, as you begin to see how it's all relative, that people and their opinions/mistakes are ok, and often times you bump up against paradox or confusion, not knowing what's right or wrong. More and more fourth density opportunity should then start presenting itself to us.
There was an event where I had a lapse in time. Some missing time where something happened that I don't recall happening. Was my free will violated if I can't even recall it happening, but have proof of the event happening. It's something that affected me directly. Hard to explain, but two rolls of toilet paper were suddenly soaking wet, and I don't recall how they got that way. It happened when I was in the room, and I suspect ET or higher being involvement because it was left as a clue and yet a mystery.