Bring4th

Full Version: My [AWESOME] [and messy!] evauluation of the Tarot-Archetypes!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"Every known thing follows along a set path"-Unknown

This is my messy and disorganized evaluation of the archetypes as coming from the Tarot form. It is my personal interpretation, and translation, which has been very revealing to me.

Mind
{Magician} the spiritual one, the magical one, the personally powerful one

{High Priestess}Adolesent (somewhat happy, naive, intelligent but in a shortsighted way, searching for something greater, very beginning)

{Empress}Feminine/abundant

{Emperor}Masculine/king

{Heirophant}The preacher (and either a lower or higher form of the magician, either a naive and self-assured relgious or a magician who realizes the true power of relying on the Force or Universe or Intelligent Infinity or that which is greater instead of himself especially the concious mind)

{Lover(s)} (archetypically very much in love)

{Chariot}The (shortsighted/egotistical/careless/selfish yet strong) winner

Body
{Strength}The willfull/conquering (to force reality around oneself through determination, to fight after realizing the pointlessness of surrender)

{The hermit} introverted/sage (the wise one/philosopher/who seeks understanding, yet somehow is rejected from society for it by others or him/her self)

{Wheel of fortune}Action adventure/random events (the way of life itself, random and unpredictable and often sudden, bringing (good or bad depending on how you look at it)challenges, joy and misery and adventure)

{Justice} Logic/argument/rightness (the beginning or naive form of true balance)

{The hanged man}<a fitting description for sure< -surrender/complacency (disconnection after realizing the pointlessness of fighting)

{Death}- pure pain/loss/strife/difficulty/suffering/greif (even agony)

{Temperance}Could be seen two ways as Life, growth, acheivment, the opposite of the death/pain principle yet disconnected from the whole or the balanced or it could be seen as one who is archetypically dedicated to sacrifice and stoicism. I however think the latter much more accuratley fits my representation of the Tower. Therefore I actually use this one to mean that which is a good thing, or in my opinion the first level of bliss, this one is disconnected from the balanced who while the Advanced level of bliss brings great wisdom and lasting change. The advanced stage is my interpretation of the Sun.

Spirit
{Devil}The archetypical evil one (for whatever reason) (evil deeds whether its through awareness or not neutrality or not)

{Tower}The Rock (He/She who goes through immense immense pain yet perseveres, and trudges on, hopefully not having been phased by it.)

{Star}The own entities emobdiment of positivity (bliss directed external/extroverted/outward)

{Moon}The confused one or lack of knowledge

{Sun}The positivity itself/pure bliss (bliss directed internal/introverted/inward)

{Judgment} salvation/victory/harvest (the salvation the victory weve all been waiting for. that divine moment when the good are rewarded. and maybe when the bad are punished. the moment the evil do not see coming or forget about and the moment the good live for and sacrifice for over so much time)

{The world}Ultimate victory and balance and acheivement (the ultimate life, total victory and its undeniable and irreversible JOYOUS result)

The Ultimate
+The Fool+(the holy adventurer, divine childlikeness, one who realizes the beautiful chaos of life and surrenders to it, the ultimate drama of life, its beautiful tragedy, its startling innocence like a baby puppy or kitten, the nature of infnity itself, the beginning and the end and the bridge between the two turning the infinite cycle/breath once, more the realization that understanding is everything, crazy wisdom, the willing starter of the adventure, yet if he gets too caught up in his game it becomes pain, apprecation of beauty, the ultimate joke of the universe, carefreeness is the key spontanaeity, one who willinginly throws oneself into the pit, if one forgets it becomes ultimate naivety, the realization that this is all a game, a movie, a grand epic project in creativity.)

Comments:

My evaluation on the uniquenesses of the 4 categories:
Mind: These ones seem very specific, very archetypical, very human
Body: These seem like philosophies and natures of the ebbs and flows of reality
Spirit: These seem like grand overviews, and very personal
Ultimate: Very revealing *secret* view into the ultimate nature of life

You may have noticed I disagree with some of the formal names of the Arcana and think they are misleading, however I think most are very accurate. I specifically think Temperance should mean Life or Minor/Ephemeral Happiness and the High Priestess should mean Adolescent. Now it could be that Temperance could mean my interpratation of The High Priestess but if feel the two are quite different and Adolescent is a very personified state as well as meaning naive, arrogant, and falsley wise. Also if those two were combined Temperance would mean Sacrifice/Renunciation which I feel is too similar to The Tower or The Rock.
I feel like once you think about it the other names are pretty self explanatory.

Notice how the Moon represents the pain of not knowing, of confusion, and the Sun is the very representation of bliss. I feel like Temperance or life is just those things that are "commonly good" where as the Sun is that higher form of bliss we (rarely?) are gifted with that is so blissful it is accompanied by the gaining of wisdom, or freedom from ignorance/confusion. Thus the "enlightening" of the sun. I feel this is how real life works, for I have felt there are two distinct levels of happiness one being ephermeral and one being "enlightening". Therefore the moon and sun archetypes are really very fitting.

The first stage of (the more pure archetypes of) happiness is the High Priestess (imagine a spoiled princess) Then comes the Chariot or as I like to see it the strong but self centered "winner". This is a victor but an ignorant and self centered one. Like those jocks at school. The next stage is Temperance or as I like to see it life or gaining. This is when you gain, deservedly or not, but not in balance with the whole reality, and without learning much. The next stage is the Sun who experiences extreme bliss within. The next stage is the Star(s) who radiate their bliss outward. The next stage (for the good) is Judgement or as I like to think of it salvation, where you are finally victorious. The final stage is The World, or as I like to think of it complete and total victory and the rest of your life behind that.

Yins and Yangs.
I feel like the empress is the emporers yin and visa versa their joyful combining creates the Lovers.
I feel like the Hanging man is the Strength/Wills yin
I feel like the adolescent is the fools opposite. The fool is wise in his childlikeness while the High Priestess is arrogant.
I feel like the Chariot is the Worlds opposite. The chariot is abundant in a short sighted egotistical way the World is wise and balanced.
I feel like the Stars are the co-part to the Sun, its the extroversion of the same/similar principle.
The Heirophant is the Magicians counterpart, The magician is about self the Heirophant is about God.
Death is the Towers counterpart Death being when you drown and The Tower when you swim.
I feel like the Sun is counterpart to Life or temperance as its a more wise version of it.
I also feel like the World is Counterpart to Life/temperance as it is a more balanced version of it.
The Devil, (of course!) is the counterpart to Death/Pain.
The Moon is the instigator of The Devil and The Devil is the instigator of the Moon.
The hermit is in a way opposite of the Chariot being wise and sad while the Chariot is happy and dumb, to put it simply.
Judgment leads the Devil to Death/Suffering and the Tower to The World/Victory.
The moon obscures sight of Judgment
The moon obscures positive use of catalyst from the Wheel of Fortune/Action

The story of my life would be like this:
Starting as the Fool so long ago I went through much and finally came to the World or Ultimate Victory the final card. I then representing the Fool once more as I purposely threw myself into the potential hell of 3rd density and became a wanderer. As a child we resemble the Fool and if we are wanderers we also represent The World or the final abundant card. As a child I was highly loving and intelligent. However early on I started as the Hermit or as someone who was intellectual yet rejected from society. This was a play by the hand of Death. Yet early on my life was also peppered with the plays of Temperance or as I see it Life. But as the Moon or Confusion and Death or Pain took hold my life started to spiral out of control early on. Due to the Emperor represented by my father I had a very tough childhood. I grew up in a cult so I faced many dark difficulties. I represented Justice as I had an argumentative and logical personality especially with my brother, but in a deeper way I craved justice for all the pain I had been through especially at the hands of my father. As I became a teenager the hands of the Lover and the High Priestess or as I interpret her the Adolescent began to show up. I also began to lose the divine innocence of the Fool and purposelly betrayed my qualities of the Star and the World/Sucess by believing that lovingness and intelligence were bad qualities and anger and self centerdness were good qualities. I spent too much time wanting to be the Lover and searching for the Empress and never to any avail for I had too much of the Hermit in me. I was an avid resercher and very intelligent but too reclusive and shy. The Chariot as I see it would be represented as my friends or peers who were quite evil and cruel yet seemed to live happily and abundantly and maintained great strength. The High Priestess/Spoiled Princess/Adolescent in me looked too much for the approval of others and while I was happyish at the time I naively wanted more stimulation or greatness. I thought I knew everything I needed to know. I was about to begin a great adventure. These negative qualities brought more of the hand of Death into my life and I began smoking marijuana to fit in. The hand of the Moon was leading me down the wrong path and I had not adapted or accepted the plays of the Wheel of Fortune/Action and so I embodied the Devil, thinking I was doing myself good but no. The marijuana betrayed me as my beleifs and emotions manifested acidic energy into my body destroying my insides and I prematurley awakened Kundalini. Having almost died, a broken shell of a man, I was also dealt a cruel hand by "fate" by being kicked out of my house. Now I adventured far and wide seeking help for my problem, but none came, I went to Pennsylvania, then Wisconsin, the went to jail for 4 months in Missouri for still acting out the Devil. Soon I began to undertand the ways of the Magician, as I learned about qigong. I did much more journeying from California to Idaho to Kansas back to Idaho then hitchhiked to Minnesota. The face of the Heirophant or the Preacher has been showing itself in my life as some very wonderful Christians have been helping me ALOT and preaching to me. Great views of both the hands of Death and Temperance or Life as I see it have given me great extremes in bliss and pain. Even more moving, the hand of the Sun has been shining in between the cloudly phases of my life which is a great bliss realizer and wisdom seer. Akin to beating a piece of metal and heating it and cooling it over and over. Still the hand of Justice struggled within me as I craved an answer for my problems and desired retribution for the suffering. Soon the hand of Death which was the doing of my own representation of the Devil will finish its beautiful transformation upon me. I am transforming from Death and Devil to the Tower he who endures massive pain yet is unphased by it. This will quickly lead to my progress away from Moon or Confusion and into Sun or Bliss. This will quickly lead to my progress to being a Star or embodiment of positivity. These things will be my representation of Judgment, or Salvation. This will lead to my representation of The World or Victory. (as I write this the song Im listening to says "The World Is Yours! Relax! Have Fun With It!" coincidence? I dont think so. those are called synchronicities it would be unusual if at least 5 Major ones didnt happen to me in one day.)

The two Arcana I didnt mention: The hanged man or surrender as I see it, and Strength or Willfullness, as I see it. Both have played large aspects in the sort of pain/bliss forging that I have been experiencing in my life especially in the last year. I will have a force come upon me and by Willfullness try to conquer it conciously only to realize it cant and I Surrender, only to find that surrender just makes it worse, only to struggle again and so on and on it goes. I have realized that You must Surrender Entirely to God/Intelligent Infinity and be in total communion with it yet at The Same Time be 100% willfull, never accepting failure as an option, weakness as an option, never accepting no for an answer, trying your 110% every moment. Truly creating your own reality. Both are necessary.

I hope that by making this message I can help dispell the Moon and embody the Sun or at least Life/Temperance and I hope I can embody the (positive aspect) of the Hermit/Sage in all his/her wisdom.

May you all find the Fool/Child , the Sun/Bliss, the Star/Optimism and the World/Sucess within you.

Open for discussion! Angel

Love and Respects.

"Never forget the Bliss and Pain"- Misha
"All is One"- Ra
"Love is the most powerful force in the universe"- Ghandi
"We create our reality"- Seth
"Surrender as much as you must force and force as much as you must surrender"- Misha
"Trust your own feelings as much as you must distrust them and distrust your own feelings as much as you must trust them."- Misha
"Trust the wisemens concepts as much as you must distrust them and distrust them as much as you must trust them."- Misha
"For ever ounce of pain or potential pain there is that much bliss or potential bliss for all is infinity and conciousness itself"- Misha
"Anything that can be done can be undone"- Qigong Master Jim Nance
"Forgiveness is the best way to put Love into action" Qigong Master Chunyi Lin