Bring4th

Full Version: Community
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Melissa

I remember drawing a map of a community when I was about 17, with different types of houses, gardens/meadows etc. the houses were all interconnected by small paths but with plenty of space in between. I often try to imagine what it would be like to live as such. Even thought about joining an existing community but it seems they're either religious, veiled in secrecy or too strict with rules and regulations in general. When I start thinking about all the possibilities I get so excited! I'm bursting with ideas, well, mostly to connect certain people whom each have a great passion for community, sustainability, simplicity and/or technology. There's currently a community in Switzerland who uses a device/machine to generate free energy, well, maybe they're willing to share their findings.
I've often talked about it with people and their first response was usually something along the lines of; that's where I want to live! Followed by; I don't think such is possible but it's nice to have a dream.
That's a perfect reflection of how I've always thought about it Wink but I want to try something, like, anything to see if it really is impossible.
that's a beautiful ideal Melissa Smile

- -

[Image: P6zP92g.jpg]
where do I sign up? Smile
Melissa, thank you so much for posting this.

I have been meaning to post something of the sort for some time, but I have been unsure.
Building a small 'eco-community' that is fully sustainable which can be like a sanctuary for the spiritual traveller. Where different people with varying talents can work light-ly in a state of equilibrium so all needs are met super easy and a close community bond can be built and nurtured and more focussed energy work may be undertaken.
I have not posted thus far because.. well.. I was not ready to accept support and commitment for such a large and 'personally important' endeavour. And like 'this is my task, I build this and others can come enjoy it', lol. And I didn't wanna just come out and be like 'hey, let's start a bible camp?!' But I can't actually afford to do it alone, both financially and energetically. We team!

That is interesting about the zero-energy machine in Switzerland, please explain farther of this place?
I think I could build a free-energy device with enough time and commitment, but it seems unnecessary, IMO.
I think bio/solar/wind/hydro-electric/geo energy is enough and I am a baby about trusting new technologies to not distort the earth's magnetics and have a negative effect on the residences. Though I understand the idea is to amplify a pre-existing signal and then pick up that signal at a remote location near-by utilizing various coils to project/collect spiralling energy.

I have been looking for a property in central/south British Columbia, as this is what I know to be locally proficient grounds.
I definitely want to live in/very very near the mountains, there is no question. Although I am open to ideas about other areas.
I want to build with earthen material, in-hill dugouts, etc. I want to help grow lots of plants!
I am interested also in possibly designing and constructing a space for healing using geometry, and different materials such as jade walls, black onyx floors and something light for ceiling, though maybe no ceiling- outdoor temple space...

I want somewhere with a natural spring on property.

I am interested in Sepp Holtzer's styles of permaculture including water storage and working within the pre-existing habitat.

I am interested in growing food all year round in greenhouse-type environ. (heated by compost too, etc)

I want things to become very simple in terms of food preparation, as;
Quote:The catalyst involved is the necessity for the ingestion of foodstuffs. This is not considered to be of importance by fourth-density entities and it, therefore, aids in the teach/learning of patience.
I think it could be helpful in the transition process, at least on a personal note.

Melissa it is certainly attainable, more a matter of why, how, when, with whom, and in what ways..

I am love to contribute ideas to this idea to help it manifest in careful awesomeness lol! I have a drafting table so I can make designs too it is just in storage right now.
Or is what you want to just go live there, check it out, and then think more about what you want?

Maybe I am off on a tangent haha! Smile
Much love!
My biggest dream is to organize/facilitate such a community (in Peru), so if that sounds appealing, just give me a few years, my funding source is a WIP at the moment. Tongue

Open invitation to any seekers of unity! No rules except the desire to live in harmony with nature and other-selves outside of the confines of society.

I don't believe it's impossible, I believe it's entirely possible. I just think it might require an upfront influx of cash to secure land and other goods necessary to start a community from scratch like that. Once I have that though, it's game on. BigSmile

Woo prim! Good thoughts! I'm entirely serious about my desire to create such a community too. You should think closer to the equator though. Wink There are plenty of mountains in Peru, lots of fertile land and some of the densest ares of different species. Not to mention Peru is rich in precious stones so building jade walls etc is totally attainable. Wink

My husband is very close to having his novel complete to a "shopping" phase, and his agent basically guaranteed him the "kind of monetary success he could dream of" with either this project or his next. So I'm keeping my hopes open and my end game really has always been this.
Ah! I'm looking for a EcoVillage too!

My specs are:

Tropical/sub tropical environment, so can grow all my favorite fruits. Bananas, mangoes, and so many more!

Veg-friendly group of people

A love and ethical comittment to all the earth.

Permaculture methods of design

A community that is willing to work through differences and find solutions

And place open to spiritual things, but not forcing them on others.
---
My goal is to save up for the next four years and have enough saved up to join an EcoVillage that shares those values. After I live in one for 10-20yrs or so then go around and teach and/or start one myself.

Melissa

I'm not quite sure how I feel about after actually posting it, well, mostly anxiety. Perhaps it's a bit too soon. But I love the ideas! Prim, the community in Switzerland (Methernitha) uses a machine called Thestatika. Here's some more info about it;
http://www.spiritofmaat.com/archive/feb2/methnith.htm

It really is a dream but I'm afraid it's too soon, as my life is somewhat of a mess currently.

Bat

We already have a community in the subtle place.

Unbound

This is an idea and project I have been engaged in for a couple years, mostly building ideas, networking to find people and see what the "play field" is like. While I love the idea of a small, close-knit sustainable community and I think it would be great for more of them to start popping up, I also believe that sustainability is possible in cities with the right approach and utilization of technology. There are tons of people who want to build small communities, and I think that is awesome, and one day I hope to settle in such a place, but I also have my sights set on something bigger than just my own sustainability and comfort.

Also, anybody who is interested in free energy should have a copy of this - http://www.free-energy-info.com/

Melissa

Communities are usually seen as seperate from society in general, but that's not how I see it. More like a blend (eventually, perhaps)of different communities, small, large (city-like) etc.
There is actually a lot of beautiful jade coming out of Canadian mines right now in BC.
To be perfectly honest I am less interested in living and working in these villages than I am in travelling and experiencing these things happening around the world as we shift into a newer perspective on how to live as/with nature, that is my wandering nature, to be where/when directed.
To help start this type of shift would be very helpful. I am considering different educational resources at this time.
Thanks everyone.

Melissa

http://www.studioroosegaarde.net/projects/

I'm a huge fan of his work and often wondered how he would 'light up' a community/city.

Unbound

(12-14-2013, 04:44 PM)primordial abyss Wrote: [ -> ]There is actually a lot of beautiful jade coming out of Canadian mines right now in BC.
To be perfectly honest I am less interested in living and working in these villages than I am in travelling and experiencing these things happening around the world as we shift into a newer perspective on how to live as/with nature, that is my wandering nature, to be where/when directed.
To help start this type of shift would be very helpful. I am considering different educational resources at this time.
Thanks everyone.

An emissary like myself! I would love to travel and teach reiki and energy healing in communities, I think that would be a boon.
Sounds lovely…. A group of us cat-lovers dream of creating a cat-lady colony (within a cat colony) lol

[Image: hi-we-understand-you-are-not-married.jpg]
[Image: cartoon_hands.jpg]
I am interested in something like this, but I have some caveats I have not been able to move past.

One is that we would be in a sense isolating ourselves from society, and society tends to dismiss such communities as 'cults'. That I don't so much care about, but I do care about isolating myself from society into a much smaller community of like-minded seekers. While that sounds (very) appealing, I don't think thats why I came here. I have always had a tendency towards isolation. I think regardless of the specifics, I came here to (somewhat) interact with the un-awakened masses. If I wanted or needed an experience of a small community insulated from the 'distortion complexes' of this planet, I would have incarnated into such a community or a different world.

I am by no means denouncing this idea. I am actually quite on the fence.

Actually, I like the idea of forming such a community inside a city. That way we would be able to interact with 'regular folk'. Tongue

Melissa

There is no 'we' or 'society' :p
city is nature, forest is nature.
cities eat forests, forests synthesises Sun.
Once the forests are gone, the cities dies, fine and dandy but the forest needs must continue for those of out future to eat Sun.
The sooner we embrace the forest as the grounds for an intricate community which has been lost to fear, and convenience, the less there is destroyed, and the sooner we may come to a collective "Golden Age"...
I can't wait to visit the Redwoods, can I tolerate the sorrow felt by the planet for it's residences?
All is Well...
I strongly believe that as long as we justify our non-sustainable actions because we are trying to do x, we are fooling ourselves. Be the change you wish to see. There are ways we can make a difference in urban settings, but one conversation of a city person with an off-the-grid person makes a much bigger difference for the earth than just asking a friend to recycle.

Also, I think we Wanderers came not just for the 3D population on this planet, but to serve the planet as a whole in this new journey we're taking into 4D. To me, service to others doesn't stop at service to other humans, but extends to all life in all stages of development, in other words, the earth and all of its inhabitants--human and non-human life alike.

Melissa

It just so happens that my new neighbor shares the same ideals. Smile He has told me he runs his own business and this morning I asked him what his business entails. He used to work as a salesmanager for different utility companies and now he is a sort of mediator between customers and the companies. While we were talking my cat passed by and he asked me about her name, when I said Tesla he seemed surprised and smiled. It kind of stuck with me and now I feel like something has 'clicked'. I'm not exactly sure what but I'm going to have a talk with him about these free energy machines.

Edit/ I'm not exactly sure, that's why I wrote about it first. Wink
Edit2/ didn't work. lol
(12-15-2013, 08:11 PM)Parsons Wrote: [ -> ]One is that we would be in a sense isolating ourselves from society, and society tends to dismiss such communities as 'cults'. That I don't so much care about, but I do care about isolating myself from society into a much smaller community of like-minded seekers. While that sounds (very) appealing, I don't think thats why I came here. I have always had a tendency towards isolation. I think regardless of the specifics, I came here to (somewhat) interact with the un-awakened masses. If I wanted or needed an experience of a small community insulated from the 'distortion complexes' of this planet, I would have incarnated into such a community or a different world.

They're legitimate questions. I think we would all love to live in such a community. I'm concerned about the idea of isolation from society also though.

I see nothing wrong with living where you want to..urban, or rural, but the more integrated of a network that is created, the more we can wind and weave about creating a vast community throughout. The more you're in contact with others, the more opportunities that exist in terms of service and providing an example. I would be less resistant to the idea of a community if there was mindfulness about not getting too comfortable. To be in that kind of environment, I just wonder what would happen to the motivation of reaching out to society.

(12-15-2013, 10:29 PM)Marc Wrote: [ -> ]To me, service to others doesn't stop at service to other humans, but extends to all life in all stages of development, in other words, the earth and all of its inhabitants--human and non-human life alike.

It does seem to be fundamental. The Earth is our foundation and it should be a part of all decisions.