Bring4th

Full Version: what does it mean to become 'awake'?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think most people on these forums would have no issue with describing themselves as being 'awake'.

they can probably pinpoint an incident or an experience or an event by which they became 'awake'.

I mean, its a term I've used myself.

but what does it really mean? what is behind it? and does it become a point of pride that I am 'awake' and others are 'not awake'.

- -

possible connections:

* becoming aware (consciously) of a spiritual reality
* which leads to open-ness to subjects like re-incarnation, astrology, metaphysics, chakras, etc

not to be fascetious, but can you think you are 'awake' but really still be 'asleep'??
I have not many comments on this subject aside from that the borderline view is less useful than the 'awakening' vs. 'sleeping' which enters a dynamic value to the insights.

So very many regard themselves as 'awake' because they realized something is wrong with the world. I would rather liken it to a staircase with many different levels of awakening.

Bat

I guess we reach a point when we realize we are sleeping and wake up in a dream. Let the lucid vibrations flow.
There are always two aspects to this. The traditional sense and the 'Reality' of the situation. The 'Reality' may be considered to be that we go to asleep and 'Dream' when we choose to incarnate, due to the level of separation, limitation and amnesia experienced within this mode of existence, whereby we 'Awake' upon Death to our true selves (Human meanings always make me chuckle for their comedic value and apparent oxymoron's).

Now, I understand that isn't what you were referring to here, though it's always useful to note that I find. I wouldn't necessarily consider myself 'Awake' other than being 'Aware' there is much more to Reality than what is determined by the 5 Senses operating on the limited bandwidth of frequency (Which would be my definition of being 'Aware'). We pitifully know and can do so little, even with a current supposedly 'advanced' metaphysical understanding, it's almost hilarious.

Quote:not to be fascetious, but can you think you are 'awake' but really still be 'asleep'??

You'll probably come across some variant of this type of 'Elitism' whatever the community and niche you may explore. On a more local level you have the popular 'Indigo Child' forums which simply serve a trend and as amusements rather than actual seeking and the willing to transform the Self (See what I did there). On an expanded level you find groups, whether it be the Skeptic, Conspiratist, Fundamentalist etc who feel they know 'more' and are on a higher level than their peers. It isn't always the case of course, but it's a trap which is present in pretty much all circles, so yes to that question. Imo one needs to be careful to not adopt this type of thinking, as seeing yourself as 'Better' than another is subjective and only applicable from a certain closed off perspective. Those that might see themselves as better in status/rank are simply regressing back into 3D survivalist thinking, which is why the Earth is in the situation it's in now.
My definition of "awake" is when one realizes the omnipresent unity of all creation.
I tend to think the idea of enlightenment means that you would not view others as asleep, because that opinion is separative. There is only ever experience, and a reflection of the self.

I think the Ra material is a very very tricky thing. For instance, how would you read this sentence.. "To those who wish to sleep we could only offer those comforts designed for the sleeping. Service is only possible to the extent it is requested."

Is that statement speaking to others, or is it used to reinforce superiority, therefore putting you to sleep? Who are they speaking to?
(12-19-2013, 11:50 AM)Icaro Wrote: [ -> ]I tend to think the idea of enlightenment means that you would not view others as asleep, because that opinion is separative. There is only ever experience, and a reflection of the self.

I think the Ra material is a very very tricky thing. For instance, how would you read this sentence.. "To those who wish to sleep we could only offer those comforts designed for the sleeping. Service is only possible to the extent it is requested."

Is that statement speaking to others, or is it used to reinforce superiority, therefore putting you to sleep? Who are they speaking to?

"Sleeping" in this context is a lack of will to accept or reject catalyst and raise one's conciousness. It simply refers to stagnation and refusal to be active in creation.

Melissa

These past few days I've experienced such an incredible feeling of what I can only describe as 'oneness', where I felt myself completely melting with my surroundings while my whole being was flooded and pulsing with love and light. It's like a deep realization of connection to all and each in it's divine essence, which left me sobbing and laughing as it is more humbling than anything I've ever experienced before. It's like shifting from a sense of 'knowing' there is no separation to feeling and seeing it, like, everywhere. (There was no dramatization used to describe this experience lol)
I don't know what it means to be awake but this was/is awesome! It has turned me into a kind of 'hug all' type too. :p
(12-19-2013, 12:08 PM)Melissa Wrote: [ -> ]These past few days I've experienced such an incredible feeling of what I can only describe as 'oneness', where I felt myself completely melting with my surroundings while my whole being was flooded and pulsing with love and light. It's like a deep realization of connection to all and each in it's divine essence, which left me sobbing and laughing as it is more humbling than anything I've ever experienced before. It's like shifting from a sense of 'knowing' there is no separation to feeling and seeing it, like, everywhere. (There was no dramatization used to describe this experience lol)
I don't know what it means to be awake but this was/is awesome! It has turned me into a kind of 'hug all' type too. :p
BigSmile
I think being awake is as simple as knowing that all is illusion. There are different degrees of awake. I think it starts when one realizes they are in illusion. It goes up until you open the gateway to intelligent infinity, or find Nirvana. I believe both of these to be the same thing.
(12-19-2013, 11:50 AM)Icaro Wrote: [ -> ]I tend to think the idea of enlightenment means that you would not view others as asleep, because that opinion is separative. There is only ever experience, and a reflection of the self.

It's as much as an opinion as seeing someone sleeping in bed and saying "you are asleep."