Bring4th

Full Version: what does being 'oversensitive' mean?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
some people seem to make it a point of difference that I am 'more sensitive' than you, implying that one is more easily hurt than others.

but is that necessarily a positive thing?

I mean, it would seem to make interactions and functioning in society quite a difficult process, as anything out of the blue could trigger an 'oversensitivity'.

is it an imbalance at some level?

will I be accused of being 'insensitive' for even asking this question?

(for some reason, the image of autoimmune disease comes to mind, as if the oversensitivity is a confusion of one's own aspects with aspects of the other - ie, some sort of over-projection??)
Quote:is it an imbalance at some level?
Yes. You could call it "over sensing" as in empathy. You could call it distorted perception as an imbalanced chakra picks up catalyst in a distorted fashion.

Suppression and storage of negative thought forms seem to manifest autoimmune conditions.

Empathy of the telepathic type that is.
thanks B/E. That groks well Smile
Sensitivity's relative! subjectively speaking and usually involves interaction between two selves were one person is hurt (for a given definition of sensitivity).

Two possible perspectives:

-the self who feels hurt may feel the other self caused the hurt by vibrating in a seemingly closed green way, without seeming compassion and usually more through perceived yellow/power.

-the self who is informed that he or she may have caused the hurt may feel that the other selves feelings are triggered by a weak orange / lack of self acceptance.

However, the key is emotional discomfort rather than some illusory objective perspective:

-the self that felt hurt would benefit from a stronger self-acceptance/orange

-the self that prompted the feelings of hurt in other self, should look at its own reaction. If there is emotional discomfort at being told it said a hurtful comment, it may be in fact because there was a lack of green interaction and so there was some emotional resonance. Or it may be a lack of orange and lack if self acceptance that manifests as feeling guilty over the unintended harm. Or the harm is just anther opportunity to play out the I'm right you're wrong power struggle by arguing over the illusory objective aspects of the exchange instead of honoring each selves subjective experience.

All in all, these situations are great catalysts for all involved if the catalyst is accepted and understood.
thanks xise! (and Sun Ray!)

both explanations are much more elucidated than my original understanding; which is why I asked the question in the first place Smile

but yeah, that energy centre interaction is very detailed mr xise.

sending a prop jet full of props your way.
I used to be able to tune into people and shift energies remotely. It was my service in healing others. I've since lost that ability, but it's better because I have rest now from always feeling energy.
To me, personally, it means having this global sense that the world is dangerous (unsafe) and emotionally distressing. Very subtle cues become amplified into emotionally overwhelming experience. People around me sensed my uncertainty & distress, and treated me like a total wreck, which helped reinforce this view that I was indeed unsafe and unable to deal. Experience of empathy can also be an issue. Not knowing where I begin and end & other person begins.

Self-soothing during these emotionally distressing times and setting boundaries (by knowing 'who I am') were very helpful for me growing up. Being oversensitive helped me to develop a strong curiosity around understanding 'who I am', a thicker skin, and being self-reliant to sooth self. Can handle intense, chaotic, and crises situations well bc I know how to maintain center-balance. But I need lots of re-charging time alone.

I think the underlying issue for me was something to do with my mother's emotional distress when I was born & also to a traumatic experience of being harshly punished in pre-school by a teacher. It explained why I had school-refusal in preschool and how I would get upset if someone tagged me during recess time (while playing 'it'). People thought I was disturbed :p

Melissa

I think of it as something neutral, as in; everyone experiences (and therefore reacts) differently to energetic interactions. It's not exactly how I feel about it. Because after these past few days I feel like I'm starting to remember more of what it feels like to live in unity and a state of bliss. It sort of makes any negative thought or reaction feel like 'pollution' and I wish/try only to talk to others while honoring them, in any way, and as much as I can. Without expecting the same in return.
"Oversensitivity" is expressed as an orange-ray blockage due to a lack of ability to accept the self as loved and worthy without acceptance by others. It can be to where one feeds themselves by the approval of others yet denies themselves any self-gratification. The implications of this are large especially in human society.
not necessary to be hurt more easily. it may also be sensing others' needs and feelings more accurately
What sort of weight does the term accurate carry when there is such an imbalance in the sensitive person that sensitivity is an issue in the first place?
i'm oversensitive about once a month. PMS is real.
Yeah hormonal changes can help amplify our imbalances. Men do have hormonal fluctuations, too, but not like females. Mostly tho blaming PMS is like giving ourselves permission slip to be crabby as hell lol. Wink
(12-20-2013, 02:57 PM)rie Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah hormonal changes can help amplify our imbalances. Men do have hormonal fluctuations, too, but not like females. Mostly tho blaming PMS is like giving ourselves permission slip to be crabby as hell lol. Wink

i watch tons of movies...mainly old ones...but basically a movie a day & i've noticed that typically anytime a movie is making me cry a whole lot or just moving me way too much it's generally always a few days b4 that time of the month.