Bring4th

Full Version: do you have any latent anger?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
this may seem like a strange question to ask, but do you have latent anger?

things about our society that piss you off, and maybe someone in your family that just irks you to be around (esp relevant coming up to christmas gatherings!)

I mean, surely everyone has some latent anger about something? that things don't go as they really should, or things do not conform to some expectation.

and I guess we can notice this when new instances come up, but my question is more to latent anger that has been around for a while, and that really does not get addressed (or one does not know the means - the 'how' - to deal with that low level of anger). It's just 'there' and we sort of know that certain things can set it off.

anyway, please don't get angry at *me*!!

plenum BigSmile
There is a direct connection to 'karma'. The whole catalyst thing.
(12-21-2013, 08:12 PM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]this may seem like a strange question to ask, but do you have latent anger?

things about our society that piss you off, and maybe someone in your family that just irks you to be around ...
and I guess we can notice this when new instances come up, but my question is more to latent anger that has been around for a while, and that really does not get addressed (or one does not know the means - the 'how' - to deal with that low level of anger). It's just 'there' and we sort of know that certain things can set it off.
Short answer: yes
Longer answer: the way I was raised, anger became my 'go to' emotion - appropriate for any and all circumstances.

Then I learned that anger made things worse so I went into my Spock phase. Then I learned this, also, didn't get me what I wanted because 1) it wasn't authentic, and 2) like stepping on a balloon, the hurt and/or anger always came out in an unpredictable situation.

So I entered my 'authentic' phase. I got better at how/when/where I expressed strong emotions (like anger) but that only dealt with the expression not the root of the emotion.

So the past couple years or so I've been actively working to become aware of strong emotions when triggered and then put a pause in between the trigger and the expression to be in the Now, to ask myself Who is feeling this emotion. Most often the answer is the Ego, or what Eckhart Tolle calls the painbody. When I have been able to do this I find the anger/hurt just dissipates.

Being in the Now has also helped me forgive myself and some family members which means I most often feel compassion, rather than anger, for them. Still working on that forgiveness with a couple other family members. In the meantime, that's where the majority of my latent anger resides.

Unbound

I always say yes, but I wonder if its not so much pent up as the anger I do have I am not sure what to do with. Often it seems I am most angry about being angry which creates a spiral.

I think in some ways I have used the idea of pent up anger as a defense mechanism because it is something that can seem threatening to the average person and keep them at a distance. This was something that was very natural to me when I was a teenager but as I have gotten older and gone along my path I have noticed the mask more for what it really is. I have made excuses to hold on to certain negative energies because of my view of them as defensive measures or as part of a balancing mechanism. I am realizing that this is, in almost all cases, actually the reason I have experienced interference in the first place because these particular intentions create access ways in to my inner field.

It is interesting to think about, anyways aha
I think there can be a danger in adopting philosophies like the Law of One which say that strong emotions, like anger, are a result of a distortion or blockage. We can then take that idea and, in our desire to be balanced and clear of distortion, fail to recognize when we are angry about something, or cover up and suppress our anger.

I know this happened to me early in my spiritual seeking and it has been a challenge ever since to access and recognize more subtle emotions. I hardly ever get angry any more. I honestly can't remember being angry any time in the recent past.

However, I do sometimes catch myself acting in passive aggressive ways, which means that the anger is there but just not making itself available for my experience. And now I have to play games of hide and seek with my emotions in order to realize what I have left to process and balance.
This piece tells my story
Daniel Barenboim plays Beethoven Sonata No. 8 Op. 13 (Pathetique)
(12-22-2013, 12:28 AM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: [ -> ]I think there can be a danger in adopting philosophies like the Law of One which say that strong emotions, like anger, are a result of a distortion or blockage.

Hi Austin,

Thanks for your interesting post. I have excerpted above the only part that I didn't completely agree with, because I don't really think of the Law of One as saying that strong emotions like anger are a result of a distortion or blockage (any more than everything we experience is a result of a distortion or blockage). Instead I tend to think of the Law of One as encouraging us to treat them "as a teaching resource for self revelation," much as you describe yourself doing with regards to passive aggressive behavior.

Plenum, to answer your question: yes, definitely. As to how I deal with it when it arises, I still find this suggestion of Ra's to be extremely helpful:

Quote:The entity polarizing positively perceives the anger. This entity, if using this catalyst mentally, blesses and loves this anger in itself. It then intensifies this anger consciously in mind alone until the folly of this red-ray energy is perceived not as folly in itself but as energy subject to spiritual entropy due to the randomness of energy being used.

Positive orientation then provides the will and faith to continue this mentally intense experience of letting the anger be understood, accepted, and integrated with the mind/body/spirit complex. The other-self which is the object of anger is thus transformed into an object of acceptance, understanding, and accommodation, all being reintegrated using the great energy which anger began.

Bat

Yes i have quite a bit i believe.
Token Ra quote:

Quote:46.8 Questioner: Not sure that I understand that. Let’s take some examples: if an entity polarizing toward the negative path becomes angry… Let’s take the condition where he develops a cancer. What is the principle of that for him?

Ra: I am Ra. We see the thrust of your query and will respond at variance with the specific query if that meets with your approval.

46.9 Questioner: Certainly.

Ra: The entity polarizing positively perceives the anger. This entity, if using this catalyst mentally, blesses and loves this anger in itself. It then intensifies this anger consciously in mind alone until the folly of this red-ray energy is perceived not as folly in itself but as energy subject to spiritual entropy due to the randomness of energy being used.

Positive orientation then provides the will and faith to continue this mentally intense experience of letting the anger be understood, accepted, and integrated with the mind/body/spirit complex. The other-self which is the object of anger is thus transformed into an object of acceptance, understanding, and accommodation, all being reintegrated using the great energy which anger began.

The negatively oriented mind/body/spirit complex will use this anger in a similarly conscious fashion, refusing to accept the undirected or random energy of anger and instead, through will and faith, funneling this energy into a practical means of venting the negative aspect of this emotion so as to obtain control over other-self, or otherwise control the situation causing anger.

Control is the key to negatively polarized use of catalyst. Acceptance is the key to positively polarized use of catalyst. Between these polarities lies the potential for this random and undirected energy creating a bodily complex analog of what you call the cancerous growth of tissue.
(12-22-2013, 07:52 AM)βαθμιαίος Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for your interesting post. I have excerpted above the only part that I didn't completely agree with, because I don't really think of the Law of One as saying that strong emotions like anger are a result of a distortion or blockage (any more than everything we experience is a result of a distortion or blockage). Instead I tend to think of the Law of One as encouraging us to treat them "as a teaching resource for self revelation," much as you describe yourself doing with regards to passive aggressive behavior.

Would you say that, to extrapolate from "to the truly balanced entity no situation is emotionally charged," the idea that emotional charge is the result of imbalance, is an inaccurate extrapolation?
Ah, I see where you're coming from. I guess I don't equate distortion with imbalance. I would describe a healer, for instance, as balanced and yet distorted towards the desire to serve.

Probably it's just a question of terminology.
Anger is typically a reation-to-an-emotional-reaction or a most-feasible way to express self... so more likely a 'mask' than honest emotional response.. my primary emotion that I repressed was anger that came out as sadness and being weepy. If it's used as a mask due to difficulty being honest about what one really feels, that could be an imbalance, no? E.g., some women are socialized to present 'sad' and 'cry' bc it's unacceptable to present angry, tho anger is their primary/latent emotions.
(12-22-2013, 01:36 PM)βαθμιαίος Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, I see where you're coming from. I guess I don't equate distortion with imbalance. I would describe a healer, for instance, as balanced and yet distorted towards the desire to serve.

Probably it's just a question of terminology.

Yeah, given the usage of the term distortion in the Law of One, it probably isn't the best term to use in this case. I would probably switch out "blockage and distortion" with "imbalance" in my first post.
found out santa isn't real...been angry since.

[Image: h1292F32D]
(12-22-2013, 01:48 PM)rie Wrote: [ -> ]Anger is typically a reation-to-an-emotional-reaction or a most-feasible way to express self... so more likely a 'mask' than honest emotional response.. my primary emotion that I repressed was anger that came out as sadness and being weepy. If it's used as a mask due to difficulty being honest about what one really feels, that could be an imbalance, no? E.g., some women are socialized to present 'sad' and 'cry' bc it's unacceptable to present angry, tho anger is their primary/latent emotions.

Alternately, some women are socialized to not show sad or cry because that is viewed as manipulative and men know how to deal with/respond to anger (since it's what they've been socialized to) and don't know how to deal with sad/weepy. This is more of what I have run into.
Yeah it could go the other way... and the core of it is - to become more honest with self by working thru personal & social expectations ---> to be individuated.
Anger is the result of a failed projection. The projection did not fit a more true and pertinent reality.