Bring4th

Full Version: Newcomer to Law of One
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings, forgive me if I've chosen the wrong place to post this. I'm new, and trying to get grounded in all of this. I discovered these channelings quite by accident this fall. The writings awakened feelings I'd always felt regarding what "life" is, but never quite came to my "consciousness". My fear is the ease with which someone seeking these kinds of answers can be mislead. I mean to cast no aspersions. It is MY distortions, and doubts about MY judgement that are the concern. I fear I may be attaching too much importance to coincidental events, reading too much into what may be merely the mundane events of life and nature.
However, there seems to be so much in these "teachings", that resonate with me,......something just feels right about this.
I guess what I am doing here is asking the community if they went through an initial "pink cloud of joy" feeling, in the first few months of discovering these teachings. Then followed by an analyzing concern, with doubts arising, and fears of being on a false path to enlightenment? I'm sorry, I'm not able to verbalize this effectively.
I am searching, I know this community is also. I guess I'm reaching out for reassurance that I have taken the first steps on the correct path.
Welcome!

I can't answer for others but I can definitely say that I also experienced a spiritual high of sorts during the first few months. Such an experience is common and was even talked about within a Ra channeling. This waning is only natural as it's the same as if one experiences anything new. Once that has worn off, one is left with an almost withdrawal effect. One wonders why it left so abruptly which can ultimately lead to the questioning of the path they have chosen. Was it something the was just a fad? Maybe it was like I finally felt like I belonged to something greater. Maybe what I thought was real was only in my mind.

The real answers to these questions lie within yourself. I know I felt that there was simply no way all of this could have simply been made up. There wasn't a doubt in my mind that at least the gist of this was true. I just couldn't see how it couldn't be real. Now the waning feeling is something that I am currently struggling with even after 1.5 years after finding it. But not for reasons of not believing it though. The biggest challenge after the newness wanes is to apply what has been been learned. One can preach all they wish but unless they practice it, improve upon it, and eventually learn to live it within every waking moment, one hasn't come even near the end of this road that we walk upon.

So make no mistake. There will be the mountains and there will be the valleys with which we all struggle with and the doubt is one that I'm sure many others have experienced. But it takes the faith and will that's within you to make the ultimate determination of whether you can embrace this wonderful philosophy and all that it entails Smile
(12-21-2013, 10:17 PM)mjlabadia Wrote: [ -> ]Greetings, forgive me if I've chosen the wrong place to post this. I'm new, and trying to get grounded in all of this. I discovered these channelings quite by accident this fall. The writings awakened feelings I'd always felt regarding what "life" is, but never quite came to my "consciousness". My fear is the ease with which someone seeking these kinds of answers can be mislead. I mean to cast no aspersions. It is MY distortions, and doubts about MY judgement that are the concern. I fear I may be attaching too much importance to coincidental events, reading too much into what may be merely the mundane events of life and nature.
However, there seems to be so much in these "teachings", that resonate with me,......something just feels right about this.
I guess what I am doing here is asking the community if they went through an initial "pink cloud of joy" feeling, in the first few months of discovering these teachings. Then followed by an analyzing concern, with doubts arising, and fears of being on a false path to enlightenment? I'm sorry, I'm not able to verbalize this effectively.
I am searching, I know this community is also. I guess I'm reaching out for reassurance that I have taken the first steps on the correct path.
the LOO teaches that there is no "wrong" in existence. this would mean u're always on the path u've intended for yourself & nothing is random. it's impossible to attach too much importance to "coincidental events" & to read too much into every day happenings imo. welcome to the LOO...the new / pink cloud of joy feeling is normal & will wear off (i think) haha...welcome to the forum! Heart

i'm not sure there's such a thing as "a false path to enlightenment"...enlightenment is probably where we're all headed.

"...all will be reconciled at some point in your dance through the mind/body/spirit complex which you amuse yourself by distorting in various ways at this time. This distortion is not in any case necessary. It is chosen by each of you as an alternative to understanding the complete unity of thought which binds all things...You are every thing, every being, every emotion, every event, every situation. You are unity. You are infinity...This is the Law of One."
Great post, I felt/feel the exact same way. Newcomer as well. Still working on book 3...
Hi there. Your feelings are natural. It seems that as the seeking process evolves, new thoughts and ideas will also produce opposite viewpoints that eventually come across the mind. I would say that's healthy and a necessary part of balance, as we tend to look over things. I also feel that I sometimes may be walking down a false path, and part of that involves questioning my beliefs daily. We're always a work in progress in some form or another!
Hello mjlabadia and MushroomMan both, welcome to the forums! And welcome to the Law of One.

In my experience and perception, what you describe seems to be a common phase in any sort of spiritual growth, not just with the Law of One, though the Law of One tends to move certain people in certain ways that are hard to relate to other paths. But I think your outlook is a healthy one, because accepting answers and truths without personal evaluation of their usefulness can cause distortion in our path.

I have found it helpful to take information and not only evaluate the information itself, but evaluate how the information makes me feel and how I find myself approaching and using the information. The bare words are not the important part but rather how we use them. It can't be a false spiritual path if we consistently evaluate ourselves in honesty to be growing. And I think this can only be done with the outlook you are expressing here, asking yourself, "Is this really useful for me? Am I only attached to this information because of my own insecurities or biases? Am I being responsible in my approach to this information? Am I effectively integrating what I am learning and living it in my life?"

I am glad to see others approaching the material with this mindset Smile
mj, and mush ; I think that all the ideas/concepts/thoughts portrayed in these materials- one could surmise any aspect of reality- speak the same through various mediums. Some expressions are less distorted than others it seems... AngelHeart

In this way I may reminisce with you of first reading this material from last spring-summer, oh the memories. Smile

This text has really helped me to synthesise some interesting and peculiar catalyst, learning/teaching which occurred prior to, and leading up to my introduction to it.

Also this community seems to be more and more a benifit to me the more I engage within the flow of expression here, so hopefully we can be of service to you if you feel like participating.

One Love. ZZzzHeart
(12-21-2013, 10:17 PM)mjlabadia Wrote: [ -> ]I am searching, I know this community is also. I guess I'm reaching out for reassurance that I have taken the first steps on the correct path.
Welcome to the Dark Lord's playground. Soon you will be indoctrinated with the rites of passage, if you are deemed worthy. Indeed this is the only path for those seeking power.
Darth zenmaster

[Image: empire-vader-beckons_l.jpg]

Quick! Someone photoshop a darth Vader helmet on that monkey in zm's avatar...
Darth Vader: There is no escape! Don't make me destroy you.
Luke, you do not yet realize your importance.
You've only begun to discover your power!
Join me, and I will complete your training!
With our combined strength, we can end this destructive conflict,
and bring order to the galaxy.

Melissa

What a great post, wonderful that you're honest about how you feel and willing to reach out. I didn't experience that 'pink cloud of joy' when I first began reading the Ra material, but I've only spent about 20min reading, to be honest. As the use of language doesn't resonate with me but I felt I knew the message by heart. I learn most from the interactions with other members here or reading about their experiences. I believe 'truth' has a frequency and the heart knows it well. For me it's about learning/allowing myself to accept it. Welcome and I wish you all the best, wherever your path may lead.
I hope you'll enjoy the forums Smile
(12-21-2013, 10:17 PM)mjlabadia Wrote: [ -> ]I guess what I am doing here is asking the community if they went through an initial "pink cloud of joy" feeling, in the first few months of discovering these teachings. Then followed by an analyzing concern, with doubts arising, and fears of being on a false path to enlightenment? I'm sorry, I'm not able to verbalize this effectively.

You verbalize it quite effectively! I went through both phases, and still revisit each occasionally. Well, I don't really have doubts any more, but I'm still aware that I have accepted as true something that many people would think was complete nonsense and that they may be right!

(12-21-2013, 10:17 PM)mjlabadia Wrote: [ -> ]I am searching, I know this community is also. I guess I'm reaching out for reassurance that I have taken the first steps on the correct path.

I don't think it's "the correct path." For me it's been a challenging, fulfilling, and spiritually rich path, but there are many others.
Welcome to some new best friends.

Lots of people started here taking a lot more words to express what you did so frankly. In no particular order, here are some of my conclusions about the Law and our community:
  • Good information that answers life's burning questions
  • The scrambled Q&A style in the LOO is pretty neat; keeps me reading for more
  • I can refer again & again to get more info and answers
  • Lots of reassurance that I'm okay and won't go wrong.
That last one means that this Third Density (3D) is where we pick up the basics for dealing socially with other selves. We have infinite opportunities to fail and try again and everybody gets A grades.

As you read the various threads, you will come upon some started by a poster who wants detailed explanations of certain ephemera, and will get lots of conversation about that. If you wish, jump in with both feet, but don't think that stuff is necessarily important. Cool If something doesn't ring a bell, just move on.
(12-21-2013, 10:17 PM)mjlabadia Wrote: [ -> ]Greetings, forgive me if I've chosen the wrong place to post this. I'm new, and trying to get grounded in all of this. I discovered these channelings quite by accident this fall. The writings awakened feelings I'd always felt regarding what "life" is, but never quite came to my "consciousness". My fear is the ease with which someone seeking these kinds of answers can be mislead. I mean to cast no aspersions. It is MY distortions, and doubts about MY judgement that are the concern. I fear I may be attaching too much importance to coincidental events, reading too much into what may be merely the mundane events of life and nature.

this describes me when I read it in the spring of 2010! Completely clicked, and yet.... I can't get any one else to read it!
Thank you all very much. Great community. I have a million questions, but I think a new thread more appropriate for them.
A pleasure to meet all of you.