Bring4th

Full Version: Don't ask ..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My Grandmother always said, don't ask a question if you are not prepared for an answer. I fear this is advice I have taken too seriously all my life. I pretty much make sure I stack the deck before I ask questions BigSmile

Now that I have been in touch with what I think is my future self for 6 months or so I think the habit is seriously hampering communication.
What I suspect is that when I try to ask for understanding I hold enough fear of the answer in my heart that the question doesn't get through. When my mind drifts a bit and I sort of make 'statements' I get quick clear response, but when I try to phrase and hold a question ..nothing. This net result is almost random 'communication'.

What I am looking for here is any advice on clearing the mind enough to actually get requests past my silly fears.

ayadew

Don't expect any result when you ask. Don't expect yourself to react in a certain way or get the answer in a certain way. You may not get the answer in words. Instead in feelings, happenings, etc. Expectation is self-suggestion and will manipulate or block the result entirely. It is hard to give into trust and just jump out in faith, but I feel that is a path you may find meaningful to explore.
(01-30-2010, 09:24 AM)Chett Wrote: [ -> ]When my mind drifts a bit and I sort of make 'statements' I get quick clear response, but when I try to phrase and hold a question ..nothing.

Did you see the key hidden right there in your question? Smile You said- 'when my mind drifts a bit'- that is when you get good communication. I believe that you can not reason with mind. You can not clean the mind or you can not resist the mind either. The mind is a faulty instrument that is soon going to get outdated and not needed- post ascension. The thing you can do though is IGNORE the mind. There are things that are very clear in your HEART. You just know them or get a sense of them. The mind starts playing the usual tricks of bringing the past and bringing the fears.

These fears are nothing but a thought. You can chose to focus on a different thought or just keep moving what you FEEL is right, by ignoring the mind's rational thoughts.
(01-30-2010, 11:46 AM)thefool Wrote: [ -> ]These fears are nothing but a thought. You can chose to focus on a different thought or just keep moving what you FEEL is right, by ignoring the mind's rational thoughts.

Good point. There certainly are times to just drop all the logic and reason and go with the flow. Probably my 'random' communication has plenty of 'purpose' if I just stop fighting with it. - thanks
I ask my higher self a single question before I go to bed, then say "I will remember my waking dream, I will remember my waking dream, I will remember my waking dream". I asked two questions once, but having two answers in the morning was confusing. I repeat saying that each night until I am given/shown the answer. It sometimes comes the first night, and it sometimes takes several nights. Sometimes the dreams do not appear to be what one has asked, and it may take thinking/analysis of the dream to come to the understanding that the answer was laid there at your feet, as it were. Remember, you will be shown what you ask, so be specific in a way that there would be no question as to what you want to understand. Failure to ask a question without being specific will give you an answer that you may or may not understand Smile Have fun, dreamer BigSmile

Oh... DO NOT forget to thank your higher self for helping you Smile
As I go on, it seems in some ways my questions get fewer, and I tend to hold an intent of what I'm desiring in the form of some energetic feeling.

It's like I'm holding something that's mostly unconscious but I am just consciously aware of it to know something's there. Then I hold the state of what I'm desiring to know. Indeed, not many words are exchanged in these sort of things.

Oh, and when I do ask, I love asking open ended questions of the Universe.

Something like: how can things get even better?

The Universe will answer, and if we leave it open-ended, in it's own way.
(01-30-2010, 09:24 AM)Chett Wrote: [ -> ]My Grandmother always said, don't ask a question if you are not prepared for an answer. I fear this is advice I have taken too seriously all my life. I pretty much make sure I stack the deck before I ask questions BigSmile

Now that I have been in touch with what I think is my future self for 6 months or so I think the habit is seriously hampering communication.
What I suspect is that when I try to ask for understanding I hold enough fear of the answer in my heart that the question doesn't get through. When my mind drifts a bit and I sort of make 'statements' I get quick clear response, but when I try to phrase and hold a question ..nothing. This net result is almost random 'communication'.

What I am looking for here is any advice on clearing the mind enough to actually get requests past my silly fears.

thanks for being so honest here Chett.

and I really like your grandma's wisdom. "Don't ask if you aren't prepared to hear the truthful answer".

- -

I find that the sincerity of the seeking makes a big difference in contacting guides/the angelic self. Quite often it is useful to absolutely exhaust the real world sources of information before turning to the spirit world. If you can fix the problem on your own, then it is probably faster and wiser than seeking cousel from beyond.

it also accords them a greater respect in that you are taking care of your own business as best you can, and then turning to them for those really tough questions that you can't solve yourself. That creates the 'seeking' or 'energetic difference' that can then release the answer to you straight away when requested.

after all, we don't really gain wisdom if someone just gives us the answer when we ask is it?