Bring4th

Full Version: Secrets of the Left Hand Path
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Brittany

This will likely be my last post on this forum. For many months now I have studied what could be deemed “negative philosophy” in depth- those tomes written by negative adepts themselves, and the organizations they follow, in order to understand the Left Hand Path from its own perspective. (I will be using the term “Left Hand Path” as it is most commonly understood in modern Western esotericism, essentially synonymous with the “Service-to-Self” path.)What I found was shocking to say the least. I cannot say I have seen a singular accurate portrayal on this site. Dark adepts are seen as cartoon villains with shallow motives, filled with nonchalant malevolence and the most petty of agendas.

With this post I will attempt to briefly explain the most common belief system I have witnessed amongst “STS” cults, as I feel this information is desired to a certain degree. Specifically, I will attempt to correct the most common errors in perception I‘ve noticed.

1. Dark adepts acknowledge universal interconnectedness. They understand with clarity the call of the soul back to its creator. They understand their connection to other living beings, and the upward progression. In fact, they take great care to define the nature of this call and progression…so that it may be thoroughly and utterly rejected.

The dark adept looks at the universal cycle, finds it unappealing, and consciously, willingly chooses to defy it, deliberately creating a separate path in opposition to what may be deemed universal law. A state of separation is purposefully sought and continuously maintained to whatever degree possible, because the desire for unity is absent. The goal of the dark adept is not to become one with god, but to become god- to attain the power of the creator while preserving the individual essence.

The ultimate goal of the follower of the Left Hand Path is not to rule the earth or even the universe, but to bring forth their own creation, leaving all that has limited them behind. The trappings of physicality are regarded only as tools which assist in meeting this ultimate goal.

2. The Left Hand Path focuses far more on internal, personal development than on external agendas of conquest. Wealth, power and influence are often the inevitable result of the potency created by a purposefully separated self, but they are not the overall goal, and many dark initiates live solitary lives that rarely involve the outside world at all. The discipline needed to maintain a state of “separate awareness”, to continually defy the universal call, is immense, and there is scarcely time to devote to all the secret agendas society would like to place upon the practitioners of this path.

Don’t get me wrong, the exercises undertaken to solidify the personal will can easily create a ruthless, predatory personality that will manipulate anything and everything to meet its personal goals. However, the farther along the dark path one walks, the less the outside world matters. Physicality is a means to an end, and physical attachments quickly become distant and foreign. The black magician seeks to enter new states of existence and perception, dipping into other worlds, consorting with the non-physical, and should he reach the very peak of his progress, he may abandon his physical body altogether and ascend to an entirely different state of being.

Having power over one’s surroundings is a manifestation of the self mastery which is sought on the Left Hand Path. Being able to shape the world to your will is expected, for if one may not influence the mundane world around them, how could they ever hope to shape the unfathomable? However, the vast dark agendas so easily conjured by those unhappy with their current state of life are laughable, and are actually quite beneficial to true adepts because they create a stereotype that is easily manipulated.

3. The Left Hand Path operates upon a system of personal morality. There is no set of standard behaviors which are expected to be followed, save the ability to competently display a mastery of self. I’ve seen firsthand that there are some dark adepts who are indeed quite malevolent, sadistic, and bent on causing chaos. However, morality will vary greatly between individuals, as each individual is encouraged to know themselves to the degree that they can cultivate an ethics system to correspond with their highest will. The heart’s desire is the measuring stick, its pursuit the path to salvation.

To imagine that all dark adepts are inherently nasty people looking to screw someone over is an obvious projective stereotype. Likewise, there are plenty of cruel, manipulative people who have never bothered to investigate any path at all. I’ve witnessed extremely artistic members of the dark path whose one goal seems to be to inspire movements in consciousness with their creative expressions. There is often a desire to reach out and assist others who are struggling with systems that don’t agree with them- to liberate as many minds as possible, not through force, but the presentation of opportunity.

Of course, there are also those who have no qualms about ruthlessly destroying any person or organization they feel to be impeding their personal liberty, as the preservation of the self and its values is prized above all else. It would be exceedingly foolish for me to paint the Left Hand Path as one of pacifists and goodwill, but I can assure you there is no cardboard cutout personality that will alert you to the presence of one of these individuals, who are usually quite skilled in meeting the social norms they have inwardly rejected. One could have been by your side for years, and there’s a good chance you’ll never know.

Above all, this notion that such individuals have any sort of interest in your personal agenda is ridiculous. Unless you are going out of your way to stand in theirs, they could care less how much love you’re sending to the planet or how bright of a positive light you feel you are shining, because their focus is not of this reality. If you are being manipulated by a dark adept (unlikely), it is because you have proven yourself to be easily manipulated, not because of how holy you are.

4. The Left Hand Path devalues self-importance. Being ruled by the ego and living in a state of arrogant superiority are considered some of the greatest fallacies upon the path to true mastery and love of self. Initiates are taught to continually destroy themselves, to release anything that isn’t absolutely essential to their highest will, in order to maintain a fluid state of being able to constantly absorb new truths and new experience. To believe one’s thoughts to be superior is to inhibit the influx of superior thought. One must be ready to abandon everything they know themselves to be at a moment’s notice, should a new form of truth present itself. Only through brutal and continual self-examination and honesty may the self be open enough to absorb whatever power comes its way.

A great many LHP rituals and exercises are designed to identify and destroy perceptions which have been impressed by the “mold of man” or the consensual perception of the human condition. The goal is to break every barrier, every thought of limitation, and to transcend what it means to be human completely. Petty attachments will be the first thing to go, and many initiates will spend years denying themselves and putting their minds and bodies through hell in order to separate the cravings of the ego from the true desire of the will.

One of the strongest themes of the dark path is absolute personal responsibility. Everything that happens to you, everything you say and think and do, EVERYTHING is your own responsibility. There are no cosmic forces to rely on, no bad guys to blame when things go wrong, no genetic or spiritual limitations which provide an adequate excuse for not giving anything but one’s absolute personal best at all times. Feeding a grandiose sense of self importance is a tremendous waste of energy which diverts from the razor’s edge precision necessary to meet any and every challenge without hesitation.

The true separation that is seen between the “elect” and the “sheep” is between those willing to take personal responsibility, and those who desire to divert that responsibility to others, and essentially enslave themselves. Seeing the self as elite is not the same thing as saying “Look at me, I’m so superior.” It is the acceptance of absolute personal responsibility, the rejection of limitation, and the will to rise above what is seen as a vast condition of consensual slavery. The only two options seen as available are to be a master or a slave, and it is the elite who choose the burden of mastery.

5. The Qliphoth is not an accurate representation of Left Hand Path values. It is a projection of how the Right Hand Path relates to the Left Hand Path, created as a learning tool of the Right Hand Path. The Left Hand Path generally rejects the Tree of Life altogether, following an entirely different system of focus which is often deemed the Tree of Night or the Tree of Knowledge. This arrangement shares many of the themes of traditional Qabala, but is entirely separate, with its own system of correspondences and values. Some LHP practitioners will use both systems together, but the “Black Brother” and a true “Black Adept” do not share the same face.

6. There isn’t a huge amount of difference in RHP and LHP practice and theory. In fact, I’ve been blown away by the level of similarity I’ve found. The two paths seem to spend an awful lot of time condemning each other while their semantics are incredibly similar, and at times a mirror image. The main difference between the two is the focus, the LHP follower seeking to isolate their individual existence, the RHP follower seeking to merge their existence with a greater divine.

When it comes to achieving these foci, however, the methods could practically be interchangeable. Both focus on self-knowledge, the cultivation of a still and willful mind, the nourishment of the mind/body/spirit complex, the attainment of purity of focus, and the activation of the third eye to “pierce the veil” and perceive higher reality. The similarities travel right down to individual exercises. I would go so far as to say the main gulf separating the two is simply an expanse of willful ignorance.

I’m sure I could go on for pages more, but I feel I’ve said my piece. I’m not going to list any of my sources, because the last thing I want is to connect a person unstable in mind to anything regarding black magic (based on the insanity that seems to result). The information, however, is not at all hard to find if you have the desire to look. In my experience, once sought, it will present itself at every opportunity.

I feel many individuals decline studying negative philosophy because they are afraid of what they will find…afraid they will be tempted, or find something that actually makes sense. In my opinion this is a gate that must absolutely be crossed before any notion of concrete understanding may be attained. So long as there is fear in your heart, you will be bound by that fear. That is just my own opinion, though.

In my case, I’ve seen too much. Black and white polarity now seems like a trap designed to hide the infinite pathways of human development. STO and STS are essentially as meaningless to me now as the concept of heaven and hell (and basically the same thing). As much as it focuses on positive vibes, to me this forum is full of fear and projection, based around a system that encourages personal insecurity and self-victimization just as much as any dogmatic religion, in spite of so much talk about “non-judgment”.

I appreciate Law of One. It has inspired my spiritual progression probably more than any other book, but I’m off to something new now, and no longer feel capable of containing my discussions within the focus of this forum without being seen as purposefully oppositional.

I wish each of you the very best on your personal search for truth. Cheerio!
[Image: sooner-or-later-shell-be-back.jpg]

"The quickest way to learn is to deal with other-selves. This is a much greater catalyst than dealing with the self. Dealing with the self without other-selves is akin to living without what you would call mirrors. Thus, the self cannot see the fruits of its beingness. Thus, each may aid each by reflection..." ~Ra
You could use your notions about secrets to create literary characters and to portray moral dynamics. If they are indeed archetypal and socially relevant, they should provide interesting stories.
That's why I've always thought that placing such importance on STO and STS paths is counterproductive to any type of progress within this density. You can never know who is actually who so why bother putting so much effort into finding them or wondering who is who. Honestly it seems that if such energy was actually put into something positive like um actual service towards real people, more good can be done.

Constantly fearing such negative elites that are hell bent on ruling the world are actually feeding right into the reason such fear was created. As Brittany said, it's playing the victim role and hoping there is some grand plan from an advanced alien race that shall rescue our "poor entrapped souls" from this evil society
I agree with most of the OP and, perhaps after a good conversation, I would agree with all. The flavor of the LHP that I get from Ra, however, is that this loner LHP adept would at some point share some ideas with others. This might lead some of those people to hang around the adept in order to soak up more of this "secret knowledge." At that point, the adept might accept a follower or more, just being a generous sort. A next step, if the adept did want to go this way, might be to enslave these followers by continually convincing them that they should stand by for further knowledge and instruction.

So I agree that one need not "go on the STS path" with a goal to enslave, but just to go it alone in order to self-teach as much knowledge as can be discovered and not be held back by ones who can't keep up. They haven't really Chosen, as Ra defines it, yet. That would come if/when certain people declare themselves as followers of this adept and then the adept makes the LHP Choice.

I hope this makes some kind of sense.

Thanks for your company, Brittany. I wish you well and hope to see you later.
I agree with everything said although, in my opinion, the label "left-hand" only applies to a significant majority of initiates of the negative path (even as you express it), not all of them. Additionally, I believe you offer a significant amount of generalization.

The adept balanced in the left-hand and right-hand methodologies towards any type of unity will find the most efficiency in their endeavors. The attained right-handed negative adept is quite a force to reckon with.

For my perspective on these pathes, see my signature.
Thank you for your sharings, Brittany. Very interesting and mostly accurate depiction of the Left-Hand Path, I believe. A lot of what you wrote resonates with my own findings. I would however add one thing; I believe your understanding of the Right-Hand Path is not completely accurate. It is my understanding that true "right-handers" live in gratitude, acceptance and openness rather than willing themselves to reach anything, including unity; every act of will is, I believe, an act of the left, so to speak. I believe the true right-hander seeks not, for he understands everything is already found. There is only peaceful self-realization, healing and acceptance. Therefore, while the left-hand path uses will to propel itself forward (rejection of flow), the right-hand path simply accepts harmoniously (acceptance of flow). The latter even accepts the left as it is and would, ideally, not scorn at it but recognize it for what it is. That being said, life itself is a balancing act; one needs to use both of their feet, left and right in a continuous motion, to get anywhere in this reality. I believe this is the secret behind the dynamic quality of this experience, regardless of the destination. Both paths are valid, both paths can be used to move. While absolutes can be sought, they arguably could be seen as imbalances, especially if there is attachment to any chosen side.

Wherever you will go next, I wish you good luck and a great journey. Take care!

Melissa

Brittany I just wanted to say thank you for sharing so much of your life experiences with us, you've inspired me a great deal when I thought I was going to be consumed by my shadows. I believe you're incredibly brave in your willingness to be vulnerable. How exciting that you're moving on to something new, I wish you a joyful and even more creative continue of your journey. Perhaps until later, otherwise, Bon voyage!

Unbound

I like to use my feet, hands are overrated.

Also, godspeed to whatever part of creation you feel is calling you! Until next time.
I wish you love, light, peace, joy, and bid you well on your new focus my friend. All is well always ! Heart
I believed the STS-path would always be connected with enslavement of others, violence and power because one has to achieve the 95% of negative polarity.

(12-26-2013, 05:59 PM)vervex Wrote: [ -> ]I believe the true right-hander seeks not, for he understands everything is already found. There is only peaceful self-realization, healing and acceptance. Therefore, while the left-hand path uses will to propel itself forward (rejection of flow), the right-hand path simply accepts harmoniously (acceptance of flow).

But this also means that a true right-hander would not engage in a place like this. And I also thought the same: Why should one engage into the material anyway? The purpose of this incarnation is to get lost into the game because one wants to evolve. With the Law of One, it's like playing the game with the game guide.

Why don't just live in the illusion in trust that there is no right and wrong and every act is a service to the Infinite creator?

I just have to smile because this song get me thinking a lot today and it also fits in this situation: =)
[Image: word-of-sauron.jpg]
Good luck, Brittany! Godspeed and thank you for sharing some of your time growing with us. Until we meet again.
the only way to win over the game is to stop playing
or shall we say, being played by the program.
(12-26-2013, 05:59 PM)vervex Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for your sharings, Brittany. Very interesting and mostly accurate depiction of the Left-Hand Path, I believe. A lot of what you wrote resonates with my own findings. I would however add one thing; I believe your understanding of the Right-Hand Path is not completely accurate. It is my understanding that true "right-handers" live in gratitude, acceptance and openness rather than willing themselves to reach anything, including unity; every act of will is, I believe, an act of the left, so to speak. I believe the true right-hander seeks not, for he understands everything is already found. There is only peaceful self-realization, healing and acceptance. Therefore, while the left-hand path uses will to propel itself forward (rejection of flow), the right-hand path simply accepts harmoniously (acceptance of flow). The latter even accepts the left as it is and would, ideally, not scorn at it but recognize it for what it is. That being said, life itself is a balancing act; one needs to use both of their feet, left and right in a continuous motion, to get anywhere in this reality. I believe this is the secret behind the dynamic quality of this experience, regardless of the destination. Both paths are valid, both paths can be used to move. While absolutes can be sought, they arguably could be seen as imbalances, especially if there is attachment to any chosen side.

Wherever you will go next, I wish you good luck and a great journey. Take care!

Thanks Vervex, that cleared my own seeking up a bit. I tend to chase after my distortions via my will, and allow abundance into my life via flow/intuition/circumstance. I figure that me sans distortions equals an abundant life (in whatever form it wants to take).
(12-27-2013, 12:34 AM)primordial abyss Wrote: [ -> ]the only way to win over the game is to stop playing
or shall we say, being played by the program.
That's what the program determined you would say.
(12-26-2013, 10:56 PM)Poet Wrote: [ -> ]...The purpose of this incarnation is to get lost into the game because one wants to evolve. With the Law of One, it's like playing the game with the game guide...

One who truly wanted to be "lost" within this illusion would not find material such as the Law of One and probably would not even look for such a thing.

(12-26-2013, 10:56 PM)Poet Wrote: [ -> ]...Why don't just live in the illusion in trust that there is no right and wrong and every act is a service to the Infinite creator? ...

This is what I do. Everything reflected back to me is so much simpler this way. It all just flows...
(12-26-2013, 05:59 PM)vervex Wrote: [ -> ]That being said, life itself is a balancing act; one needs to use both of their feet, left and right in a continuous motion, to get anywhere in this reality. I believe this is the secret behind the dynamic quality of this experience, regardless of the destination. Both paths are valid, both paths can be used to move. While absolutes can be sought, they arguably could be seen as imbalances, especially if there is attachment to any chosen side.

I agree and this is illustrated in the imagery on the Chariot card in the tarot, where the chariot is being pulled by 2 sphinxes representing both polarities. If you just focus on one, all you'll end up doing is going in circles Tongue

Much love Brittany. See you 'round space cowgirl.
good luck in your journeys brittany.
To understand the differences or similarities in the left hand path and the right hand path. Look at your right hand and then your left hand Tongue.
(12-27-2013, 01:13 PM)Rake Wrote: [ -> ]To understand the differences or similarities in the left hand path and the right hand path. Look at your right hand and your left hand Tongue.

Well put Rake.
There will come a moment where the Light Bringer will become known to you.
its definitely an interesting point of view, and the way the negative path, or the path of separation goes about their business in the different densities does find different expressions. So just to associate the path of separation with acts of cruelty, violence, and control would be to over-simplify things, although the common depictions of those who invest in separation (and to polarise in 3d, the use of control) is indeed to manipulate other selves as a sign or demonstration of the effective control or separation having been successfully applied to the self. (just like a test of demonstration of unity/acceptance for positive individuals is the ability to accept other selves, in all their variety, even you, for eg, having been a signalling that the self (the Creator) has been accepted fully).

that said, the path of separation, in the end, is a dead end, as it denies the heart of creation, which is that all things are One. And that separation is a false perception, because at heart, it is based on an untruth.

but there is no doubt that it is a viable form of experience, and one that the 'One Infinite Creator' vested in itself by allowing the operation of Free Will; or the ability to interpret experience in any way you so please. And that's your choice.

and I've also seen your progress in the last 2 years, and read many of your posts from before I arrived on the forums, and know that this dark seduction has been in your heart for the longest time, resist and pretend to be different as you may; it is a deep calling for you.

so be authentic; follow the deepest callings that one has. Don't try to pretend to be something other than you are.

if you consider the left hand path or the path of separation to be the most fulfilling use of this incarnation, and the one that enables you to hold your psyche together in the most coherent fashion, it is the best thing to do for yourself.

but know this: one may separate from others, and that is your freedom of interpretation, but others, on the other side of the road, travelling on the other path, they will always see you with oneness, and look through the choice of separation that you have made.

they will see you with Love. They will see you with total Acceptance. They will acknowledge your Choice, and its total Validity. They will say, yes, that is your choice, viola! for your experience.

enjoy your path of separation and all the fruits that it may bring.

in the end, we all end up at the same place. The One Infinite Self, the One Infinite Creator.

blessings, and namaste,

plenum
Good luck Brittany, wherever you choose to go from here.

The only thing I'm a bit confused about is the perceptions of the forum in your post. I don't think I've seen many opinions which differ from what you've expressed here. Your description of the left hand path is very in-line with my own, almost identical, and all I know about it came from the Law of One and this forum. There is sometimes some disagreement on what it is to be STS and sometimes some fear and judgment, but I have always seen the opinion in the OP expressed as well, perhaps less eloquently. Others here seem to agree with your interpretation of the left hand path too.

And I disagree with the idea that the right hand path condemns the left hand path. Perhaps some people on the path still seeking will do this, but inherent in the path is acceptance of all within creation, the other path included.
Considering that this is her first post in a month makes me think that this is a post independent of the actual philosophy's being discussed on this forum.

It's pretty much the conclusions I had come to a while ago. Why incur boatloads of karma by controlling and hurting others when you can simply control yourself and move on with barely a cosmic whisper.
(12-27-2013, 01:23 PM)Ashim Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-27-2013, 01:13 PM)Rake Wrote: [ -> ]To understand the differences or similarities in the left hand path and the right hand path. Look at your right hand and your left hand Tongue.

Well put Rake.

My intuition made me feel somehow connected to you but I never brought it up. My girlfriend brought my attention to your post after what is quiet frankly one of the most intense experiences I have ever had whilst meditating. I will post about in the thread Pickle's Crap, as I feel his cone aided in this experience.

As for the Light Bringer I don't want to jump onto google and fill my head with false ideas or ideals of whom this entity is or may be. My intuition said Yahweh? but I'm not sure.

Are you able to divulge any more information Ashim?. I am now wondering if the experience I had was connected to the Light Bringer?. Sorry for the questions but I'm an inquisitive being Smile
(01-01-2014, 04:57 PM)Rake Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-27-2013, 01:23 PM)Ashim Wrote: [ -> ]

Well put Rake.

My intuition made me feel somehow connected to you but I never brought it up. My girlfriend brought my attention to your post after what is quiet frankly one of the most intense experiences I have ever had whilst meditating. I will post about in the thread Pickle's Crap, as I feel his cone aided in this experience.

As for the Light Bringer I don't want to jump onto google and fill my head with false ideas or ideals of whom this entity is or may be. My intuition said Yahweh? but I'm not sure.

Are you able to divulge any more information Ashim?. I am now wondering if the experience I had was connected to the Light Bringer?. Sorry for the questions but I'm an inquisitive being Smile

http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?q=t...ht+bringer
We call each other and ourselves this and that, negative and positive , STO/STS, but it's all crap. It's just indulging in some play. What we truly are is in between the two polarities and it doesn't speak.
Being unpolarized and transcending polarity are two different things. Rejecting polarity puts one in the former.
This is exactly what I'm talking about, instead of actually doing the work, we call each other things. Hahaha.
We apply our subjective reality (which changes moment by moment) to others experiencing their own subjective reality, meanwhile objective truth sits around wondering why it's so bored all day.
Pages: 1 2