Bring4th

Full Version: "Irritable bowel syndrome"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What do you think are the most important aspects to think about when dealing with IBS-like stomach-problems? (I also have some kind of hiatal hernia)

I've had these problems as long as I can remember. I'm eating healthier now a days but still it seems like it's getting worse and worse. The past week I've had to lay down a lot of the time because of this. I know that my stress is a contributing factor and I will try to exercise and sleep more.

When it comes to diet I feel a bit lost and have a hard time adjusting completely to any diet. I know some foods and drinks that I always feel bad when eating/drinking. But in other cases a certain meal can feel very good one time and bad the next time.

If anyone have any experience with this it would be very helpful, though I know it can be very individual.
There's a huge psychological component to IBS, particularly managing stress. I have come across studies that showed family therapy was pretty effective. Perhaps there's something about relationship w/ others that factors in... but it is perhaps an individual factor. People I know w/ IBS do yoga and they seemed to find it effective in helping them to keep grounded/centered.
Digestion Represents how we absorb and release spiritual life lessons

Constipation (IBS) - Greed, trying to hold onto everything. Withholding approval (of self or another). Control, refusal to comply with authority figure(s). Denial. Stuck in the past - trying to hold onto it, yet wanting to change it. Withholding forgiveness. Can indicate that one is in a co-dependent relationship
http://ourspiritualnutrition.com/is05.ht...nstipation
Hello, I had IBS for many years and the 3 things I recommend are:
- Daily ingestion of Bentonite clay (you can buy bulk food grade bentonite clay powder, take 1/4 tsp in glass of water for 3 days, then stop for 3 days, then on for 3 days and so on for about a month. Then take everyday and work up to 1 tsp per day. You may wish to increase your fibre consumption for the first couple of months. Start by mixing in 1/2 tsp of psyllium husks with your clay. Build up to 1-2tps per day. ***Note bentonite clay doesn't dissolve easily in water. I make it the night before, then stir in the morning and drink. Do not let metal come into contact with the clay. Use wooden or plastic implements.

- 1 drop of organic 100% pure peppermint essential oil in the morning. I usually have about 5 drops throughout the day.

- Remove wheat and as many grains from your diet as possible, except for oats. Try to replace with seeds where possible. Brown rice is good, sprinkled with soy, sesame oil, toasted sesame seeds and toasted seaweed.

***NB all of the above may cause reactions or side-effects i.e. allergic reactions to psyllium or peppermint oil so consult with a naturopath prior to commencing above. I had IBS for 15yrs but after much investigation and experimentation, and doing the above, I no longer have it. Also note stress is a major component, especially anxiety. I suffer from anxiety and I don't know how to get rid of it.

Mindfullness practice helps. Just noticing the anxiety or anger or whatever, noting the feeling and not trying to change it or get rid of it. Over time it lessens.

good luck.
Thanks!

Interesting things here. I will keep this in mind, think I'm gonna order some of that clay right away Smile
May I suggest a food allergy test.

I took a food allergy test involving 95 food items four years ago. The test showed that I am allergic to eggs, milk products (lactose-intolerant) and wheat-gluten. I have since stopped eating these foods. My health has improved - no more IBS, no more headaches, no more diarrhea, and I lost more than 10 kg.
(01-02-2014, 07:14 PM)Wai Wrote: [ -> ]May I suggest a food allergy test.

I took a food allergy test involving 95 food items four years ago. The test showed that I am allergic to eggs, milk products (lactose-intolerant) and wheat-gluten. I have since stopped eating these foods. My health has improved - no more IBS, no more headaches, no more diarrhea, and I lost more than 10 kg.

I have done some tests, but I'm not sure how many foods it involved. I have also tried not eating lactose for some time. But maybe it would be a good thing to take a new test.
Yep stay clear of wheat/grains is one of the best things you can do. Maybe also try re-populating your gut flora with good bacteria and take some probiotics- helps digestion.

Melissa

Just listen to your body, it'll tell you exactly what it needs. For some that may imply no wheats but a diet is entirely personal so it may vary a great deal.
Yeah, just listen to your body - why would you need to do anything else?

Melissa

Is that mockery, again? Harhar.
(01-03-2014, 02:04 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, just listen to your body - why would you need to do anything else?

I'll listen to anybody.
(12-30-2013, 12:57 PM)Daniel_ Wrote: [ -> ]What do you think are the most important aspects to think about when dealing with IBS-like stomach-problems? (I also have some kind of hiatal hernia)

I've had these problems as long as I can remember. I'm eating healthier now a days but still it seems like it's getting worse and worse. The past week I've had to lay down a lot of the time because of this. I know that my stress is a contributing factor and I will try to exercise and sleep more.

When it comes to diet I feel a bit lost and have a hard time adjusting completely to any diet. I know some foods and drinks that I always feel bad when eating/drinking. But in other cases a certain meal can feel very good one time and bad the next time.

If anyone have any experience with this it would be very helpful, though I know it can be very individual.

My mild IBS-type symptoms were directly related to orange/yellow distortions.

However, there was also an allergy component to them in the sense that the distortions would only create discomfort with certain diets/foods. However, once I went deep into orange/yellow, I was no longer sensitive to gluten or diary (unless taken in extreme quantities. A 6inch subway sandwhich would create almost like a fever, diarrhea, discomfort in me on "bad" days; now I get faint discomfort if I'd had like two footlong sandwhichs bread equivalents in a day...yes, I'm a bread addict Smile)

It may not be a cause and effect relationship (perhaps the IBS was caused by something else); but it certainly seems that at least for me working on orange/yellow ray distortions strengthened/healed that area of my body.

Much luck friend!
(01-04-2014, 08:22 PM)xise Wrote: [ -> ]My mild IBS-type symptoms were directly related to orange/yellow distortions.

However, there was also an allergy component to them in the sense that the distortions would only create discomfort with certain diets/foods. However, once I went deep into orange/yellow, I was no longer sensitive to gluten or diary (unless taken in extreme quantities. A 6inch subway sandwhich would create almost like a fever, diarrhea, discomfort in me on "bad" days; now I get faint discomfort if I'd had like two footlong sandwhichs bread equivalents in a day...yes, I'm a bread addict Smile)

It may not be a cause and effect relationship (perhaps the IBS was caused by something else); but it certainly seems that at least for me working on orange/yellow ray distortions strengthened/healed that area of my body.

Much luck friend!

Thanks, I've actually thought about this before, but I'm confused about how I should work with it. If you have any advice it would be helpful. I think in my case that it would be helpful to work both on this and on the more physical area with diet, detox and excercise. Problems with orange/yellow ray fit well with my personality so that may very well be the origin of it.
(01-05-2014, 09:10 AM)Daniel_ Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, I've actually thought about this before, but I'm confused about how I should work with it. If you have any advice it would be helpful. I think in my case that it would be helpful to work both on this and on the more physical area with diet, detox and excercise. Problems with orange/yellow ray fit well with my personality so that may very well be the origin of it.

Study, explore, and experiment with the concepts the orange and yellow ray entails and see if you feel better in general and also with respect to IBS. I would also start with the orange ray over the yellow; I think it's best to start with the lower rays and I think my IBS was more orange related anyway.

A good place to start (assuming you've searched the Law of One site for orange and yellow and exhausted that) is to start cross-referencing about what various random internet pages say the sacral (orange) and solar plexus (yellow) chakras entails. Also a great guide is the Law of One 101 in which Carla discusses in great detail the concepts each ray entails. I find Teal Scott insightful on youtube and she has some videos about the chakras.

As always, let what doesn't resonate fall away. But you have to experiment on your own, because language is very, very limited and cannot fully express ray concepts. So when you read something, it's best to interpret it as if it's a poor translation - so examine the concept referred to by the phrases and words used, but also examine similar concepts.

It helps if you're able to tap into some feedback system, such as dream or energy work, because if you're sensitive to your ray system, you can sometimes feel immediately different, flowing energy when you start to silently repeating the appropriately balanced belief in your head 6-12 times (at least I can). But it doesn't always work, so you really have to experiment with the whole process, and find what works for you. Meditation definitely helps a lot as well.

It'll take time. I've been working on my orange ray for about two years now, and it took me 6 months (4 months general balancing, 2 months focus on orange) to feel anything in my orange ray, it took another 12 months to feel consistent energy in my front orange ray (they say front = present), and only in the past weeks so I feel consistent energy in my rear orange ray (rear = past). I've grew up believing in conditional self-acceptance and conditional self-love so it's been really hard to learn unconditional self-acceptance. But I have no regrets and life gets more and more amazing each and every day as I've continue to further balance and clear my orange ray. My IBS symptoms diminished within the first 6 months the above mentioned orange work. Balancing yourself for any reason (whether health-related or not) works better as a philosophy rather than a quick fix, but it's a beautiful thing once you get good at it. The results can be tremendous.
(01-05-2014, 08:21 PM)xise Wrote: [ -> ]Study, explore, and experiment with the concepts the orange and yellow ray entails and see if you feel better in general and also with respect to IBS. I would also start with the orange ray over the yellow; I think it's best to start with the lower rays and I think my IBS was more orange related anyway.

A good place to start (assuming you've searched the Law of One site for orange and yellow and exhausted that) is to start cross-referencing about what various random internet pages say the sacral (orange) and solar plexus (yellow) chakras entails. Also a great guide is the Law of One 101 in which Carla discusses in great detail the concepts each ray entails. I find Teal Scott insightful on youtube and she has some videos about the chakras.

As always, let what doesn't resonate fall away. But you have to experiment on your own, because language is very, very limited and cannot fully express ray concepts. So when you read something, it's best to interpret it as if it's a poor translation - so examine the concept referred to by the phrases and words used, but also examine similar concepts.

It helps if you're able to tap into some feedback system, such as dream or energy work, because if you're sensitive to your ray system, you can sometimes feel immediately different, flowing energy when you start to silently repeating the appropriately balanced belief in your head 6-12 times (at least I can). But it doesn't always work, so you really have to experiment with the whole process, and find what works for you. Meditation definitely helps a lot as well.

It'll take time. I've been working on my orange ray for about two years now, and it took me 6 months (4 months general balancing, 2 months focus on orange) to feel anything in my orange ray, it took another 12 months to feel consistent energy in my front orange ray (they say front = present), and only in the past weeks so I feel consistent energy in my rear orange ray (rear = past). I've grew up believing in conditional self-acceptance and conditional self-love so it's been really hard to learn unconditional self-acceptance. But I have no regrets and life gets more and more amazing each and every day as I've continue to further balance and clear my orange ray. My IBS symptoms diminished within the first 6 months the above mentioned orange work. Balancing yourself for any reason (whether health-related or not) works better as a philosophy rather than a quick fix, but it's a beautiful thing once you get good at it. The results can be tremendous.

Thanks a lot for taking the time, very helpful. It'll be interesting to explore this further.