Bring4th

Full Version: Who today still brings the shining body?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Bat

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dzogchen

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow_body

Quote:List of those reported to have attained the rainbow body

Shardza Tashi Gyaltsen (1935)[5]
Shug-gseb rJe-btsun Cho-nyid bzang-mo (b. 1852, Attained 'ja'- lus in 1953.)
Kenchen Tsewang Rigdzin disappeared alive in 1958.[6][7]
Ayu Khandro (1953) [8]
Nima Cultrim Rinpoche Teacher of Arta Lama
Togden Ugyen Tendzin (1962) [9]
Khenpo A-chos (1998)[10]

From all my searching i was brought to Tibet and its original shamanic religion of Bonpo. It seems that these are the people who are still, within living memory achieving the body of the rainbow/light. I remember reading an interview were a Catholic Father and the Chinese military both viewed such an event.

The process seems to be, the person gets ill out of the blue and lays on his dead bed chanting mantras. His/Her body is rapped up and left for 3 -7 days. People say they hear heavenly sounds, smells and see many rainbows over the site of the body. They can even see through the body like its transparent.

The body then gets smaller and smaller until nothing remains other than some ash or finger nails. Then they return in the rainbow body to give one last teaching. Often in the sky.

The main practice to this is Dzogchen which seems to have two parts.

Tregchöd and thödgal.

Quote:After the indispensable preliminary of rushan, one remains in the knowledge of tregchöd and practices thödgal (also sometimes spelled thogal). These are the main instructions presented in the Menngagde series (Oral Instruction Series) of the Dzogchen teachings.[37]

In both the Bön and Buddhist Dzogchen traditions, sky gazing is considered to be an important part of tregchöd.[48]

Thödgal represents more a fruition than a practice itself. There are methods prepared in the event of a psychotic break to bring the practitioner back to sanity.[49]

In contrast to other kinds of tantric practices, there is no intentional visualization; rather, imagery appears spontaneously using secondary conditions such as darkness or light. Eventually a practitioner has experiences which are viewed as knowing the subtle energies of one's being. These have the qualities of earth, water, fire, air and space (see Classical element). Throughout the retreat, a practitioner is believed to be approaching an experience which is entirely unconditioned.[50]

Thödgal relies on esoteric anatomy including the avadhuti (also known as the center channel or sushumna in Hindu parlance) and heart chakra. Along with the fact that Dzogchen is based on a class of literature called the tantras, this indicates why Dzogchen is considered a tantric system as opposed to sutra systems such as Zen. This is not to say that Dzogchen is a part of general Vajrayana. Vajrayana is a path of transformation. Dzogchen, an independent vehicle in its own right, is a path of self-liberation.[51]

Quote:Three of the positively oriented of the Atlantean groups left this geographical locus before that devastation, placing themselves in the mountain areas of what you call Tibet, what you call Peru, and what you call Turkey.

I find it interesting that tibet seems to be the only places that i know of where this is still happening and Ra states that the Atlantians went to Tibet.

Quote:These texts assert that Yungdrung Bon was founded by the Buddha Tönpa Shenrab Miwoche. He discovered the methods of attaining enlightenment and is considered to be a figure analogous to Gautama Buddha. He was said to have lived 18,000 years ago in the land of Olmo Lung Ring, part of the land of Tagzig (see Tagzig Olmo Lung Ring), to the west of present day Tibet (which some scholars identify with the Persian Tajik).

According to Buddhist legend, prior to the manifestation of Shakyamuni Buddha there were numerous other historical Buddhas. Tönpa Shenrab Miwoche transmitted the lore, which was similar in many regards to Buddhism, to the people of Zhangzhung of western Tibet. They had previously been practicing animistic Bon, thus establishing Yungdrung ("eternal") Bon.

Hopefully this will be an interesting read for some of you. Smile

Unbound

I love Dzogchen! It was the first path of Buddhist thought that I explored, although of course Tibetan Bonpo is at the core. I think I must have been a very dedicated practitioner in another life as I have found many of my own techniques paralleled closely by Tibetan practices.